Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[ LECTURE ] On Fear and Skull Pins (☠) - Pg 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
poke mattix rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:08 am
Professor Red was holding another class, and Pokerus was always intrigued when the gym teacher/boogeymen was ready to teach them something. Especially when it involved their student pins. She had always just assumed the pins kept them from doing anything destructive/stupid, so she was really interested in the possibility of some secret function.

turning up to the lecture hall, she grabbed a few pieces of paper on the way (and hissed back at her pen to make it shut up) then found a seat somewhere in the back to sit down and fill her paper out.

Quote:

Name: Pokerus
Race: Water Dragon
Question: Describe your natural ability/abilities. Which do you like the best and why?
Response:

I can channel my natural form's strength in my student form, and I can shift between forms. I've perfected it to the point where I can appear 'almost' like a reaper, though a few things need to be tweaked.

I enjoy my strength the most, because busting through walls and throwing around cars or other creeple is fun.

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.

poke mattix rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:17 am
Sludge turned up to the classroom as well, because he was not a fan of his student pin at all. It stopped him from being able to scare creeple in his natural form, and he liked doing that the most!

He had tried to get rid of the pin, but it would either stick to this clothes and refuse to be removed, or when it finally did come off when he wasn't on campus, the moment he reentered it would reappear on him once more. It was a rather annoying item.

Following the crowd, he watch them pick up a paper and pen, so he did the same, ignoring the pens hissing at being handled. Once he sat down though Sludge realized he would have to write on the paper.

...He began to scribble all over it instead.

Quote:

Name: Scribbles that look nothing like a name.
Race: More scribbles
Question: What is Fear?
Response:

There are lots of scribbles and pen strokes, some of which look something like letters, but nothing legible

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:26 am
Malik showed up beside her, and she did not look surprised so much as pleased to see that he'd found her again. It was his job as partpartner and friend of the best quality, wasn't it? He was doing well!

She put her pen snake on his hair and gave him a hearty hug hello.

"We're going to learn about skull pins!" She told him, as if a. he didnt' already know that, and b. this was somehow exciting news.

opticpeach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:24 pm
Aside from one student with a loud creaky chair, nothing out of the ordinary happened before the professor flexed her wings. "All right, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Professor Red. If you're not done with your questions you can keep writing on them, however it'll be in your best interest to write something instead of drawing." A pointed look was directed at Sludge as she spoke, her gaze flickering down to the paper in front of him in a meaningful manner.

"Today's main topics will be Fear in general, as well as skull pins. I'm going to be starting at the top, so the subject matter may be familiar and boring to some of you. I highly advise that you stay awake. In addition to being a professor, I am also Amityville's gym teacher as well as an on-campus Boogeyman." She reached down behind the podium and picked up a stack of chalk erasers, setting them down beside her. "As you can see, I'm also well-armed in case I catch anyone sleeping."

"Let's begin."

"Here in Halloween, everything is made up of a power known as Fear, which in turn is produced by beings called humans in the Human World. Humans are beings that are very similar to Reapers, however they do not have familiars. Their weapons are based off of technology, and magic to them is a myth. When a human is scared they output an energy-slash-power-slash-force known as Fear. This is what gives us strength, nourishes us, and creates everything around us. In a way, Fear is the source of all life and power for us from Halloween."

"Fear itself isn't tangible. It is an invisible, sightless, scentless, and tasteless presence if you will that enables us to exist and perform feats of amazing abilities."

The professor paused, and leaned forward on the podium. "Does anyone know what I am referring to...?"

The OOC

Want to join? Just roll/answer the question in the first post and hop on in! Up to you if you want your character to be present since the beginning, or if you want to show up late. It's also up to you if you want to show up late and catch Red's attention...

Enoh Love

Yayoi

Kaineferu

Smerdle

Rathurue
Don't forget to fill your post in~

Bloodlust Dante

Nio Love

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

OpticPeach

ramenli

amicableAggressor

thyPOPE
Don't forget to fill your post and question in~

Syusaki

poke mattix

poke mattix

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
Miliardo Kason rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:00 pm
Sammy had to take classes, she had to take a lot of classes to graduate, skipping requirments each year by going on field trips wasn't going to get her a passing final grade so she relented to the whole 'go to class Sammy' comments Siddie gave her all the time.

A class with Red, would at least be interesting? Plus it was a good reason to get near the professor where she might be able to ask her a question or two later. She'd taken her seat making sure both her artifacts where tucked nicely in her bag as she pulled out a note book from another pocket.

Quote:

Name: Sammy Lee
Race: Undead
Question: What is/are your Fear(s)? Include categories.
Response:

My fears are all geared towards the offensive, however one of them is supportive. I can strike my enemy and drain their fear as my own but it's not a very powerful fear, but it helps, it's like an aggressive version of the Chill? I think its called Leech, no the bite. Then I have a double strike, I'm able to push my dead body beyond physical limits with fear striking twice faster then should be possible.

Last I have a battle cry that pushes my fear physically through the target chilling them to the core and dealing massive physical damage.

The OOC

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 pm
Class. The reason why he was actually at Amityville, besides for the need to get his human world passport so he could go make a name for leprechaun in the human world again, a good name--

It didn't mean he necessarily wanted to be there, but he had to admit, a lecture on fear and its relation to their skull pins did pique his curiosity. After all, he didn't necessarily have a use for the skull pin. He had no "natural form," per se, he was already in it. But yet, he was expected to wear it. Was there something else to this thing?

Idly flicking at his pin, he looked down at the sheet of paper he was expected to fill out. ...That was a blunt question. Huh. He blinked in surprise, but then shrugged it off and filled out an honest answer, for once.

Professor Red was right in that a lot of the first things she mentioned were rather obvious, but he had no interest in ending up in detention or harmed by chalky erasers or whatever a Boogeyman had up their sleeves, so he simply stayed put and at least appeared to be taking notes studiously as she talked. He wasn't going to take any chances with answering her question, though. The last thing he wanted to do was get it wrong.

Quote:

Name: Cearney O'Cahan
Race: Leprechaun, Demon
Question: Did you honestly have nothing better to do today except attend a lecture?
Response:
Eh, not really. We're here for this stuff anyways.

The OOC

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:06 pm
It was time for another class, AJ with his tail head moved towards the designated lecture hall for it. A shower was made to wash off most of the sweet scents lingered his body. Fear and the skull pin, no matter what the topic of the class was, he didn't skip it. The school was a place providing chance to learn and he was excited every time for the fact that surprises might be found in each of them. For instance, the library fight in Selene's class, the experience of turned into a foxfire and braved the bee nest for honey and so on.

For a denizen dwelled in an oasis city founded in a big dessert, his outfit was quite inappropriate and questionable. Jacket, long pants sort of casual wear, no one could guess he was from the desert. Oh, his thought strayed. Sitting down and poking the hissing pen snake against one side of his temple, he pondered about what to write down for the answer, their first task of the class lectured by Professor Red.

While the tail head, given a name Dwa caught into a hiss fight with the pen snake and the grudging little serpent wanted to take revenge by biting the pointy ear of the boil so close to it - the boil dropped his hand straightened the snake and began to write on the paper.

AJ, of course, chose not to write down his full name. He'd prefer to be addressed otherwise. His fears? That was one interesting question he needed a pause to think about it. While it could increase his speed, it can also slow down his opponent's for his advantage. He concentrated and channeled some at the tip of his fingers, an aura of green wrapped around and from the tip, fine scales emerged. AJ dismissed his attention and the green aura dissipated and the scales sank back to smooth skin.

Quote:

Name: AJ
Race: Monster - Amphisbaena
Question: What is/are your Fear(s)? Include categories.
Response:

My first fear can be classified under Swift Strike, it spread over to give my body muscles support that I could increase my speed and deliver harmful scratches with my claws. It also helps me to dodge attacks better and escape from opponent's sight. This method enables me to hit my opponent several times in rapid succession, taking stamina from them and not allowing them to recollect and take a break.

My second fear falls into the category of Tainted Fangs. Partially serpent in nature, poison can be convenient weapon. It lingers and hurts. However, that of Amphisbaena isn't as powerful as that of pure blood serpents and their student form's teeth are sharp enough to make holes or clamp their enemies like wild beasts. By channeling fear into my teeth, I could temporarily morph them into fangs. That makes me easier to poison my target by injecting the venom into their blood, intensifies their pains and thus hinders their ability.

The OOC

Vashtya rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:20 am
Dardanos made his way quickly towards the classroom listed on the flyer, hoping he wouldn't be late-that wouldn't be an auspicious start to his time at Amityville. He had a messenger bag with a couple of notebooks and some pens, as well as his pin, fastened to the strap, but otherwise hadn't been sure what to bring...he was glad that they were going to go over what skull pins were, though, as it was something he'd been curious about, not having a natural form...

Nodding a greeting at the other students already seated as he stepped into the classroom, he immediately slid into a desk near the front, giving a mental sigh of relief as he realized he wasn't late. It was apparently close, though, as the professor almost immediately began speaking. Listening as he set about answering the requisite questions, he took his time, his handwriting bold and neat:

Quote:

Name: Dardanos
Race: Demon (Nightmare)
Question: Describe your natural ability/abilities. Which do you like the best and why?

Response:

My natural ability is to be able to safely eat anything that can fit in my maw (barring things that are poisonous). It's convenient, and allows me to eat things that might otherwise be inconvenient to prepare without a lot of fuss, not to mention how fast I'm able to consume it! Since I only have one, I guess that would be my favorite...and I like it because it makes mealtime quite simple.

The OOC

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 pm
Professor Red gave the class an exasperated look. "I'm pretty sure this is the part where someone volunteers an answer."

The OOC

Enoh Love

Yayoi

Kaineferu

Smerdle

Rathurue
Don't forget to fill your post in~

Bloodlust Dante

Nio Love

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

OpticPeach

ramenli

amicableAggressor

thyPOPE
Don't forget to fill your post and question in~

Syusaki

poke mattix

poke mattix

Miliardo Kason

Seiana_ZI

Meegane
omg your avatarrrr I DIG IT

Vashtya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:20 am
Finished with his written reply, Rojo sat motionless as the professor seemed to unfurl before she addressed the class. He would never have wings or a tail, but at least he had learned the value of both for intimidation purposes.

The skeleton listened, his expression as still as his body while his insides drooped with disappointment. So he was made of human waste. Yes, that was all he had gleaned from what she had said so far, at least until she prodded them a second time for answers.

He raised his hand, speaking as soon as he had done so without waiting for acknowledgment. "We can perform amazing attacks with our fear! Mine are very beautiful if anyone would like me to demonstrate!" He didn't think anyone would volunteer for a punch to the face just to see his magical confetti or wall of protective roses, but it was worth a shot.

Quote:
that latest quote didn't notify me for some reason, oh gaia

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

a pet dino rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:35 pm
She wasn't late, but Hayden didn't want to call attention to herself. Her and Devoss had walked in quietly and grabbed one of the papers before taking a seat. When Hayden sat and looked at the question she smiled. That was easy. Everyone knew what fear was. It was everything that made up Halloween Town. She wrote down a few things, though she knew much more could be said, and looked back up.

She wasn't in any hurry to say the answer, but hopefully other kids would. She didn't want to sit in a silent classroom, and it seemed neither did the teacher. As Red started talking Hayden smiled. She seemed cool. She pretty much said that Fear was exactly what Hayden wrote, though when she asked a question Hayden looked around.

Finally someone spoke but she wasn't sure if it was the answer that Red was looking for. Devoss looked up at her, stopping for only a second from grooming his paw, but she shook her head at him. There was no way she was going to speak up. She wasn't sure of the answer and wasn't about to look dumb in front of the class.

Quote:
Name: Hayden Baja
Race: Desert Reaper
Question: What is Fear?
Response:

Everything is Fear. We gather it from humans when they are secared and that's what creates our world.

The OOC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:15 pm
Damien was fairly deep in the dry run of the script and the part when he remembered he wasn't in his room, it was a lecture. getting pulled out from his reading, the hound listed as Red began her topic. We are just a human byproduct that has been harnessed for a purpose. of our own making. It was a notion in itself that was interesting. One Boil's mold is another boil's treasure.

"What skeleton bojangles there said, you're talking about FEAR, right Red?" Damien supplied, giving a more formalized answer, in the form of a question just like Jeparoldy taught him every night with Malice Trabeck.  

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:05 pm
"FEAR attacks." Sidron offered a less generic answer. Although he was quite unsure how many would be up for an actual demonstration. He eyeballed the skeleton boil. Even though he was small, the dragon knew even the smallest of creatures could pack a rather big punch. And he would must rather not be on the receiving end of it unless absolutely necessary.

Quote:
I haven't been getting quote notices either. >W>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 am
"We can also defend and heal with our FEAR too" Pokerus added after everyone else had spoken.

If it came to demonstrating said abilities, she would be happy to do so. Although she couldn't say the cleaning gnomes would be too ecstatic with the mess that would result...  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:11 am
Sludge stared at the professor, unable to offer any sort of reply. He had tried to write something, he really had! But now he was told to write something more 'meaningful', and he wasn't sure how to go about it. He didn't even know what the words meant, let alone write a cohesive reply.

Looking at the symbols on the page, he began trying to copy them, hoping this would please the teacher. His versions of them however looked very wonky, and were much to large for the page, resulting in much larger, almost illegible versions of the instructions.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff