Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[ LECTURE ] On Fear and Skull Pins (☠) - Pg 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:55 pm
Damien's eyebrows shot up at the talk of wings. He was able to manipulate the fear into makeshift glider wings for one instant, but it was a very tough thing to maintain. The fact that he could potentially be able to do it again, it was interesting to keep in mind. Even if Red was right, they are bulky and annoying when you aren't used to having them.

There was the more question on his mind, and the floor was now open to questions. "So what happens to our pins after graduation? Do we still have a way of maintaining a reaper form as alumni's, Red?" he decided to pipe up, voicing his concerns. The green eared hound was rather unsure about it, chewing on the madly wiggling pen snake, with it screeching for freedom.

Marushii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:20 am
Magda did not know what this rudeness thing was, but she had no such qualms about asking. She leaned to one side, to whisper in his ear quietly enough so as not to disrupt the class. "Fiddlenoggins. I'm sure it's good. What is your Fear attack?"

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 pm
"Fear manipulation is another topic for another day," Professor Red said firmly in response to Alecto. "Otherwise it'll take far too long. It may also be too advanced for some of you, and too boring for others."

To Mahlan, Professor Red nodded. "A skull pin can be considered an artifact, somewhere in the D or E range. However, every Amityville skull pin is unique to the student and is attuned to them. If you were to give your skull pin to another person, it would not enable them to utilize the same benefits as you."

When Damien spoke up, Professor Red stared at him. "...Didn't you already graduate?" She asked, tilting her head to one side. "You've certainly been around long enough to see things."

She continued to stare at him for another moment.

Finally. "You keep your pins. The pin is attuned to you after all. However, if it breaks or becomes damaged you will need to pay a fee in order to have it repaired. There are third party places that can fix artifacts, however there's no guarantee that they will repair it correctly despite their claims. You're better off ponying up and getting it fixed by Amityville."

"On that note, skull pins are extremely versatile and resistant to damage. This does not mean that any of you should experiment and attempt to break your pin, however. I won't stop you, but if you go that route you'd better be prepared to face the consequences of doing so."

Professor Red drummed her talons on the podium. "I'm already bored of what I was about to talk about next. Let's make this simple: what exactly do you want to learn from this? Given how most of you reacted to the basics, I have a feeling that if I continue discussing what I had planned then a fair amount of you will either shuffle out the door or fall asleep."

Enoh Love

Yayoi

Kaineferu

Smerdle

Rathurue

Bloodlust Dante

Nio Love

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

OpticPeach

ramenli

amicableAggressor

thyPOPE
Don't forget to fill your post and question in~

Syusaki

poke mattix

poke mattix

Miliardo Kason

Seiana_ZI

Meegane

Vashtya

a pet dino

PhiferWolf

Elyssi

Blade Kuroda
-50 dkp for not doing the assignment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:11 pm
Cue one instantly flushed hound, scarlet and his ears low. "I've been doing some career work alongside my studies here so i'm a little behind." he muttered quietly to Red, sinking in his seat a little."What? ill find a pork chop squeaky toy Red, you know i'll do it." but it was good to know that they would graduate with their pins and can still have them serviced. Plus it gives the place another source of income, so there's that. In retrospect he could have just asked Uru what happened to know this, but this way, he knew for himself.

"I kinda want to hear what you originally had planned for this lecture." Demi admitted, curiosity getting the better of him.

Marushii

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:37 pm
Leaning back in her chair, Pokerus listened quietly as the teacher went into depth about the FEAR pins. The topic about wings was pretty interesting; although Pokerus did possess wings, she had learned to shift them in and out of her student form at will (it had been a necessity, as swimming with a pair of wings added so much drag in the water, compared to her natural form which added less as she just folded them against her much larger sides)

When Professor Red asked another Alumni if they had already graduated, she shifted in her seat and kept quiet until the professor asked them what they wanted to know.

"Are there any hidden functions?" She asked. "Like...I don't know. Lazers, Treasure maps...Beacons or something?"

Marushii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:41 pm
When the Professor didn't press Sludge on his written responses he relaxed, listening intently to the conversations around him. Though much of it went over his head, he did understand a little about what wings were, since Red indicated to her own set, and that it was possible for a student to 'make or grow their own', so to speak.

It was interesting, he would have to think about this later.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:47 pm
Now that Damaris had really thought about it, she wasn't entirely sure what she specifically had wanted to learn about the pins. She supposed a few things but they had already been answered well enough.

The Terron slowed raised her hand. "I-I was wondering if they offer any other advantages such as protection or tracers?" It was worth asking, after all.

Marushii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Marushii

Mahlan thought a bit before answering back to Professor Red. "I personally wanna know how student pins works. If it's an artifact, moreover lower-grade that can be mass-produced then there's a recipe...or more like schemests...err, schematics for it right? There also should be ways to alter the form it forces us to take, right? If it can force our natural form into a human-ish form, then it also can, say, make us sprout wings even without changing our true form! So we can have few pins for all occasions! On times we need fins, on times we need wings, on times we need larger stomachs...."

Mahlan blinked few times before what she blurted registered to her brain. "-or things like that, yea. If it could work, anyway."  

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 pm
Here was a question where your answer couldn't be wrong. Indu's hand went up, and when it was her turn to speak, the reaper straightened her back and broadcasted her voice clearly, making slightly uneasy eye contact with the blunt teacher. "Thank you, professor. Um. I came to this class due to the unexpectedness of the description. It made me curious about the history and capabilities of skull pins. I haven't ever seen another object that forcibly changes the underlying physical structure of a halloween citizen before, and if you think about the ramifications of that kind of power being used on someone, it's kind of intriguing! I mean - if that kind of thing is possible, why would it stop at changing their physical shape? It's strong enough to override the origin of the fear that created us, surely it could be put to other uses?"

She paused, and glanced around at the rest of the class. "I mean, it really just got me thinking about the capabilities of these uh, things that most seem to treat as novelty trinkets. Sir. Ma'am?" Squeezing her fingers together, she nevertheless continued to maintain curious eye contact. It would really suck if this class was actually 'how to replace your broken pin 101' and all her curiosity would end in nothing.

Maru shii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:52 am
No one was more surprised than Rojo that he was taking notes. The possibility that he might one day gain such an extensive mastery of his FEAR that he would be able to shift it into wings? That was the kind of lesson that deserved to be documented. Plus, he was secretly pleased that their professor had liked his answer. Better to look studious and intelligent for the rest of the lesson than give a wrong response and break the chain of teacher approval. His other classmates were asking pretty excellent questions anyway. Like that beacony tracker one. And LASERS! The skeleton added a quick doodle of a laser pewpewpewing at his messy paragraph on pin repair.  

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:24 pm
Sammy listened along for most of the lecture she really wasn't trying to skip out or get a bad mark for it, Siddie would be furious if she bailed on a class or failed, let alone one being taught by Red.

Then again since it was taught by Red the chance of Sammy getting kicked out or in trouble would also probably be higher then normal. Still Sammy was aware of the ability to modify FEAR, even to have fear damaged, Red's description of her wings was interesting as Sammy figured most of that had a slightly, outside, influence. Much in the same way her black bone arm did.

When Pokerus spoke up the ghoul looked over raising an eyebrow, "No way, at least not starting off. Like Red said they fall in the class D or E range. Something that could manifest a blast of energy is easily hitting the B rank," she'd know it too, she had one tucked in her bag at that very moment, and something even more powerful that she was still in the dark about.

Turning to Red she raised a hand, "But that does lead to a question I wouldn't mind knowing about, can the pins be modified to have a more powerful ability? By using runes maybe?"

poke mattix

Marushii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:38 pm
Malik was thoroughly interested in being able to manage his FEAR better. Especially seeing how his attack was so....cowardly. Maybe he could eventually learn to manipulate it and better use it for something else. He took a moment to write down all the notes for the class before whispering to back to Magda.

"Well I sort of, flap my wings until they go away pretty much. Sort of knock them back so I can run."

Nio Love

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:55 pm
She was still whispering, but she wasn't being stealthy anymore. She just looked at him incredulously. "What is so awful about that? You're using your strengths. Besides, you can always knock them back in order to attack them without retaliation. It's smart!"

She plucked her pen off of her shoulder, and straightened it out enough to start drawing swirls on her paper. "It would be especially effective if you used it right before someone else attacks - " She gasped and looked up at him as if she'd just discovered the cure to mold. "Like a partner!"

opticpeach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:17 pm
Pokerus hadn't been serious about the lazers part, it was just the first thing that came to her head, but she wasn't about to have it so easily shot down by Sammy.

"Well, they could be weak lazers." She spoke back, scratching the side of her head. "Or the Pins full power could be sealed, or dependent on it's wearer, or something."

She may have been grasping at straws here.

Miliardo Kason

Marushii

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff