Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[ LECTURE ] On Fear and Skull Pins (☠) - Pg 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:33 pm
At the first question, Indu looked around. Was it a trick? Everyone at the school knew how to shape fear for different purposes. Not only that but reapers - well - being a reaper you could make your own fear manifest. She bit her lip. That was the obvious answer, but was the class really starting with a basic 'are you aware of the simplest things ever' test? Her hand bobbed up, then sunk down again as other students rattled off the same answer she had. Albeit rather informally. Red? Where was the 'Professor' or 'Miss'? Indu gave a small frown.

She'd see if that was the right answer or not, then really bust out the hand waving once things got a little more advanced. Or, if that answer had been wrong, she'd keep her mouth shut, her head down, and hopefully learn something interesting and new? That was the point of her coming to the class in the first place, so Indu reassured herself that the more questions she didn't know the answer too, the more worth her while the lesson would be.  
PhiferWolf rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 am
She was not the younger sister who was stuck to her brother's side. He had his own life and his own things. Plus, she could only deal with his grumpy face so much day in and day out. Some time apart is good for her. Plus, she was a new student, she was going to plunge herself into everything and anything she finds. She was going to learn, pool all the experiences the student life had to offer to grant her perspective in her life to make informed decisions. At least, that's what she would keep telling herself.

Upon seeing the flyer - was this how classes were advertise? Was there no structured schedule? - she found it interesting. She knew her FEAR, she had proficiency in it that her brother did not have at her age. And she was certainly curious about the pin that was given to students that kept their appearances in check. Not that she really minded her own. She got to wear cute clothes. With the flyer in hand, the demon ghoul explored the campus until she found a classroom full of people. Peeking inside, she was almost certain she was in the right place. Brenna eyed the professor who returned the acknowledgement before going to take her seat.

The question on the form was simple on the form was simple enough. She was still a new student, she had not grown to develop any sort of other abilities yet. She had her just one that was taught to her. It was a fight or flight ability. She would gain the ability to fight back with tooth and claw, but she was also capable of getting away quickly on all four.

As she had sat down, her pen to the paper, the professor began introductions. Well, this was certainly different than a tutor. Professor Red meant business. That made her smile with a quirked brow. Color her impressed.

The other students began to talk up a storm about attacks and such, which is true. Brenna also raised her hand. "Fear enables students to perform and manifest specific abilities. For example, if a student is a manifestation of the fear of drowning, they prey on that particular area by producing abilities involving water or some form of asphyxiation. However, Fear also lets us... if I was told correctly, create scarelings?" At first, she took pride in her answer, but then slowly began to realize that the latter of her response may not have been the appropriate topic for this class discussion. "No - well, yes, but that probably isn't exactly the answer you were looking for. Heh, this is a class is about Fear and skull pins, not scarelings and pumpkins. Uh, yeah, sorry, forget that. Attacks."

Brenna's face flushed read, her hand covering her face as she sunk deeper into her seat.

Quote:

Name: Audra'bren (Brenna)
Race: Demon - Hellhound
Question: Describe your natural ability/abilities. Which do you like the best and why?
Response:

Unlike my brother, my only natural ability is to shapeshift into my natural form. If it were not for my pin, I would gain a foot in height, get furry all over, and my nose gets bigger. Luckily, I don't lose any of my clothes. Honestly, though, I find it a lot more comfortable than walking around like this - less concentration, less worry, I can get around easier and faster.

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Elyessi rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 am
Despite her attitude, Nerisei was actually in this academy to learn. Being housed in such a secluded home since she had bloomed, it was important for her to gather as much information as possible to prepare her for her journey to the human world. Thus, her eyes were always on the lookout for a class that would add value to her learning, and this one seemed to be it.

The flyer advertised lessons on FEAR and skull pins. Nerisei knew her pin wasn't too terrible, but the FEAR part was something that she required. To know FEAR, to understand it, would allow her to better navigate and survive in the human world.

As she neared the lecture hall, Nerisei slowly filled out the information.

Quote:

Name: Nerisei
Race: Hamadryad
Question: What does your skull pin look like? Is there anything about it you'd like to change?
Response: My pin shows a heart surrounded by creeping figs. It basically is a representation of my soul tree I am bound to protect back in the Grotto. There is no reason for me to change this pin, as I am happy with the result.

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.

As she entered, Nerisei kept to the back and settled in, understanding how close she had cut it to when the lecture was to start. It seemed she had seconds to spare, for immediately the woman in the front began to speak.

Nerisei almost immediately understood why the woman seemed so familiar. It was the same one that she saw during the holiday, with the strange gym class with the shadows. Leaning her body slightly so her cheek rested on a palm, she appeared relax and at ease.

As FEAR was explained, Nerisei noted it all with interest. FEAR is what would power her to protect the forests of the world. To encourage those humans to stay away, she would need to ignite the response and build upon it. It seemed easy enough, but then came the skill. To use the FEAR to fight, that was the main thing she needed to learn. At least, to transform it into additional FEAR inducing actions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 pm
Sammy didn't answer the question, she just sat there. Though she did place her bone elbow on the table flexing her fingers as purple flames of chilled fear crawled up the bones dancing around her fingers causing anyone beside her to feel just a tad colder from the experience.

She also was distracted from the lecture wiggling her fingers making the flames wiggle.

OOC
Someone feel free to gripe at Sammy for turning the AC on ='D

Miliardo Kason

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:56 pm
"My FEAR attack is fairly lame," he muttered to Magda, really too embarrassed to admit what his was to anyone besides her. He smiled at her as he placed the snake pen on her shoulder, grinning more as it slithered around in confusion. He was curious to see just what Magda's own ability was, but wasn't really sure if it was rude to ask or not. His was a bit, well cowardly to say the least. He was sure his parents would be disappointed if they knew it was simply him trying to run away, but the good thing was they wouldn't find out unless they saw him fighting. Now another ghoul or boil here might see it and think he was a coward, which he was, but that was beside the point. He just needed to have a cooler ability than he did to impress his partner.

[148]

Nio Love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:14 pm
Professor Red breathed a visible sigh of relief when Rojo spoke up. "Exactly! Good to know that at least one of you is listening. However, given how... explosive some Fear abilities and attacks can be, they shouldn't be performed in Amityville's classrooms." The professor paused, looking around the classroom slowly. "Nevermind that not all professors heed this, of course. If you want to practice your Fear abilities, you're better off using them either in gym, in Fear-approved areas on campus, m-the Haunted House, or in your dorm room at your discretion."

Other students pipped up -- Red gave nods of approval as they chimed in. When Brenna spoke up, Professor Red slowly blinked. "Yes and... no," she began slowly. "To begin with, not all Halloween folk are direct manifestations of human Fears. Some folk are created via Fear from other folk as you mentioned. Others are... more complicated." Professor Red fluttered her hands briefly before firmly placing them on the podium. "But before we get into that, let's pull back a moment and return to your example."

"So. First off, every Halloween creature has two different types of abilities. There's the Fear attacks as mentioned, and there are natural abilities. The natural ability is the type of ability that is tied to your race and-so specie slash clan slash class depending on how you decide to classify yourself, that enhances your ability to survive in your environment. Some students can alter the temperature around them to better suit their preferences Sammy." A Look was directed at the Undead in question.

"Whereas other students can alter their physical appearance in order to either blend in, or to make themselves more comfortable. There are even some students who practiced and experimented with their Fear in order to gain the ability to fly, either by manipulating magic or by outright gaining wings. If I recall correctly, there are a few alumni who have built themselves wings either out of metal or crystals and gained the ability to fly that way. And yes, you can include me in the camp that forced themselves to grow wings." Professor Red sighed, jerking a thumb over her shoulder at her wings. "And if you're wingless and are considering it: don't. These things are heavy and quite annoying to deal with."

"Regardless and in an attempt to get back on track," Red continued after taking a sip of water, "Since Fear is the main building block of everything in Halloween, learning how to tap into your Fear and manipulate it will enable you to go very far in life. The skull pin each and every one of you were assigned upon being admitted to Amityville Academy is a tool used to assist you with this."

The professor paused, then held up a hand. "Before we dive into that, does anyone have any questions so far?"

The OOC
Testing to see if putting the spoiler in quotes broke quotes

Enoh Love

Yayoi

Kaineferu

Smerdle

Rathurue
Don't forget to fill your post in~

Bloodlust Dante

Nio Love

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

OpticPeach

ramenli

amicableAggressor

thyPOPE
Don't forget to fill your post and question in~

Syusaki

poke mattix

poke mattix

Miliardo Kason

Seiana_ZI

Meegane

Vashtya

a pet dino

PhiferWolf

Elyssi

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:20 pm
As soon as Red called her out she put out the flame the chill around her reverting back to normal room temp as she straightened up in her seat listening to the lecture. For a moment she paused before raising her hand.

"I know for some students the pins allow them to easily maintain their student form rather then being say, a giant dragon roaming down a tiny hall. For those of us that don't have natural forms do we really gain or lose much with or without a pin?"

Marushii

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:04 pm
The problem with Adelaide was that she hadn't been paying attention, and when she did it didn't seem all that useful. Blahblahblah Fear used for attacks and natural abilities blahblahblah.

Far better was the education she was getting by seeing all of the different students gathered in one place, eyeing them and mentally trying to mark those that would make good candidates for practicing on.

Finally though there was a hint of something worthwhile. They were going to teach her how to tap into her Fear, and while she knew the basics it would be good to get an education from someone else. Now that she was focused it was easy to pull herself together to ask a question, her voice ringing out confidently.

"Since the skull pins are school assigned does it mean that they're only effective on campus?"

Marushii

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:27 pm
At Sammy's question, Professor Red nodded. "Yes. Enabling students to take on a more reaper-esque form is only one function of a skullpin. It just happens to be the most known function."

The professor squinted towards Adelaide, blinking a couple times before answering. "Skull pins are unique to Amityville Academy. There are other schools out there with similar, however they do not have the same functions as Amityville's. In addition, they do work outside of campus. Not all buildings in Halloween are suited for large species, so utilizing a reaper form enables many to go to places and experience things they otherwise wouldn't be able to."

Miliardo Kason

ramenli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:34 pm
To be honest, Alecto hadn't been paying much attention to class. Just showing up and staying relatively still in her desk was a miracle enough. There was no need to ask for any more out of the hellhound unless she gave it willingly.

Fortunately, her ears perked up at the mention of growing wings. That was possible?! The ghoul quickly sat up before finally sliding out of her seat and standing on the very tips of her toes. She raised her arm, waving it wildly to catch Professor Red's attention. "If I want to growgrow wings oror scales or extraextra arms, what do I have to dodo?" Her eyes seemed to be glowing extra bright at the thought of making herself look cooler

Marushii

Syusaki

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:06 am
Marushii

This is the part where Mahlan needs to ask.

"So if the pins are 'tool' meant to create a way to focus and...'tap' into your fear-" Mahlan grimmaced at the word 'tap' because she had heard that sharp, holey implement was invented by humans to slowly drain trees to their death- "-was it like, an artifact or something? How was it made? Because even if all things in Halloween was composed of FEAR, there's actually quite a different FEAR, wasn't it? Like someone had said before, there's a fear of dark places, fear of drowning, fear of being choked into death with smelly socks... fear of being chased by timber wolves around a kitchen table on a newly waxed floor while wearing socks...alright I made up that last one but you're the Professor Red, you know what I meant." Mahlan trailed a bit into the question but hey, she wasn't known for her long attention span anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:47 am
((Somehow I missed that last quote, oops!))

Leaning forward over his notebook, his expression intense, Dardanos jotted down notes as quickly as he was able; so intent on not missing anything (either questions asked, or information stated) that he drew a complete blank on asking any questions himself.

His handwriting was surprisingly neat, actually, given the speed at which he was writing.  

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:36 am
The pen Damaris had grabbed upon entering was racing across her notebook, scribbling down as much as she could. She was aware of much of the information but it never hurt to write it down, in case she forgot or something. Her notes weren't perfect but they were what she could read.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:46 am
It was hard to say when, exactly, but at some point in time, Shun had slipped into the classroom. He had taken notice of the paper that was supposed to be filled out, but he ignored it, as per usual when it came to things that involve reading and writing. He didn't spot anyone within the room whom he wanted to ask about assisting him with that sort of thing either, so he just didn't bother with it.

He instead, just listened to Red as she spoke about the nature of FEAR and what it meant for them.

OOC
Shun Kuroda is not filling out a paper buuuut.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:27 pm
Fear could be manipulated to gain wings? That was certainly of interest, though Cearney had little interest in gaining wings. Perhaps he could briefly make himself appear more frightening?

That could be useful for instilling more fear of the leprechaun. He wrote this down, leaving some blank spaces for when the professor answered the overeager hellhound's question.

There was a question he thought of asking, now, involving the skull pins and their use as a focus, but Sammy, as Professor Red addressed her, appeared to already have that covered with her own question. Cearney had come to this class to find out what use these skull pins had, so he sat back and waited for a response to that particular question.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff