Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Advice On Old/Used Altar/Rituals Items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:00 pm
I have a couple altar items I would like to still use even if they are permanently stained or kind of damaged because I have used them for awhile and still like them.
Do you think its disrespectful to have an altar or use ritual tools that would be consider damaged/cracked/stained etc.?
I know the that deity I am researching now and wanting to work with prefers and appreciates cleanliness and proper disposal of left overs from rituals/Altar.
But I'm finding it kind of hard to stop using the tools, etc. I'm so used to.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:57 am
Personally I don't see anything wrong with using your old tools and whatnot. Clearly they mean something to you you shouldn't have to feel as if you must stop using them. If you're worried about what the deity you're researching may think of them, give the items a quick clean. If they really don't like it, chances are they'll let you know.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:47 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Personally I don't see anything wrong with using your old tools and whatnot. Clearly they mean something to you you shouldn't have to feel as if you must stop using them. If you're worried about what the deity you're researching may think of them, give the items a quick clean. If they really don't like it, chances are they'll let you know.

I agree. I was going to say the same thing.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games