Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Mist
Captain

Galactic Cleric

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:30 am
█ ▌Boot Camp

We welcome roleplayers of all skill levels, from the beginner to the 10+ year veteran! We also want to encourage beginners to improve their own skills, thereby enhancing the overall experience. Attack on TItan is a popular series, so we hope to attract even those who have never roleplayed before!

To that end, we'd like to ask for volunteer mentors, who may be called upon to partake in a one-on-one RP with a beginner and help give pointers. This also counts as a regular PRP (private roleplay)!

█ ▌How it works

Post in this thread to request a mentor, and we will match you up with someone.

Both mentor and student should already own a character and have their quest/journal form filled out.

The mentor will make the first post, linking it to the student to respond to. After the student replies, the mentor will make a reply RP post, but in that same post will speak out-of-character and offer critiques to improve.

The student should edit their post to address the critiques before posting a reply. This will go on 'til the RP is complete or the mentor feels the student has progressed satisfactorily.

It sounds more confusing than what it actually is! Please see the example at the end.

█ ▌The student

If you're not confident in your RP skills, feel free to request a mentor! We'd love to have you!

Other times, we may be the one to approach you and ask you to join the boot camp if you aren't following our RP guidelines or if we think that you might benefit from the experience. It should be fun either way!

As the student, you need to be willing to learn and open to critiques. We absolutely love helping out newcomers, and we hope to make the experience positive for everyone involved! If you're willing and open to improving, then you can better convey your character and how they interact with the world.

█ ▌The mentor

Volunteers should have RP experience and be comfortable with the process.

When offering critiques, don't dump it on the student all at once. Try picking some of the easier things to fix, and gradually work through a couple issues at a time. Are their posts too short? Do they forget quotations or capitalizations? They accidentally controlling your character? Pick one or two aspects instead of all the errors, and focus on those.

Also point out things they're doing right so they know to keep doing it! We want to provide an encouraging environment.

Post here stating your interest in being a mentor to join. We're always recruiting!

Current volunteers:
    The Semblance of Unity

█ ▌Example
Jane
Jane found herself unable to stop fidgeting. Having lost her prized backpack, the tawny haired girl found herself waiting outside the city's lost and found office, awaiting to hear their verdict. Her heart fell to her stomach when she saw the approach of the officer, who gave her a grim little shake of his head and a half-hearted apology. Dejected, she left the building, her vision blurry with tears as she abruptly bumped in to someone. "Oh, I'm sorry!"

John
I was startled and smiled at the girl and said hey can I help you.

Jane
"Unless you're willing to walk all over town and help me find a backpack, I'm not sure there's much else to be done." Jane woefully replied, though was grateful to the boy that he didn't seem angry at her running in to him. It was a small relief in a day that was simply not in her favor.

---
OOC: John seems like a very polite and sweet character! Make sure that you don't use "I" or "me" when you're writing with others. So your sentence should read something like, "John was startled and smiled" and "John said.." instead.

Also, try using "quotation marks" to show where he's talking. It's a little hard to see what he actually said vs what he's doing without them!

At this point, John should edit his previous post to make the changes recommended by Jane. After that, he can make a new post to reply to the RP itself.

Although John's post is short so we can't really get a feel for his character, Jane did not point this out, and instead looked at some easier things to fix. She will address his post length later in the RP!  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:39 am
Interested in being a mentor! I can link to current rp samples if needed.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Lady Mist
Captain

Galactic Cleric

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:05 am
Spied your RP excerpt in your quest thread : > Thanks Unity! Added you as a mentor <3  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:53 am
I'm interested! I'mma go dig up some samples. 8D  

missromola

Aged Kitten

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:37 pm
If you do need some volunteers still I wouldn't mind helping uwu I can offer samples if needed? <3  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:22 pm
Teh Puritysan

leon_a_darkangel

I'd appreciate samples! Too much to catch up on to go post stalking you guys myself at the moment XD;  

Lady Mist
Captain

Galactic Cleric

missromola

Aged Kitten

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:40 pm
Lady Mist

I think this might be enough, and it's the MOST recent. xD

Ow. Ow... ow... ow.

Luna still hadn't quite come to terms that Usagi had actually thrown her out of her second floor window. Luna vaugely wondered if that how it would have been if the girl hadn't actually stopped to listen to her when she first found her. Luna paused in her walk to stretch out, She was heading towards Minako's place, Artemis having run off in the direction towards CROWN. Why, she didn't know, but she assumed he was going to look something up, or something. She seriously hoped that Minako wouldn't treat her in the same manner Usagi did, when she finally came to talk to her.

She came upon the familar house, grinning thankfully as she saw that the second floor window to Minako's room was open. Truth be told, Luna was surprised that Usagi's parents and little brother hadn't acted in the same way, the strange cat in the house - Luna had assumed this memory loss had effected everyone on earth, but the family had just let her wander past them, like it was normal. Maybe there's some lapses, but if they take a second look, they're realize it.. hm.

Luna jumped on top of the car in Minako's drive way and onto the outstretch of roof, and then the window sil of Minako's room, seeing the girl sitting on her bed, reading a magazine. Luna sighed, they looked so peaceful this way - it almost hurt to bring back everything to them, but Luna knew... the scouts were needed.

"Minako."

Minako jumped and looked around. Someone just spoke right now, who.. She looked around finding nothing but a black cat with a crescent moon shaped marking on her forehead. Minako looked at the cat quizzically, her head tilted. Certianly the voice didn't come from this cat? But for some reason, this situation seemed... oddly familiar. Minako stood, walking over to her window.

"You really didn't speak now, did you kitty?"

The cat smirked, "no, you heard right./"

Minako stood in shock, mouth agape. The cat really talked! It really, really talked! She really must be under slept if this was happening! Minako rubbed her eyes. Nope, cat was still there. She pinched herself, nope, that hurt. Not dreaming. She sunk down to her knees and the cat seemed to relax slightly. Minako forced herself to breathe properly. This was almost too much. First nightmares of herself, dressed in a fuku and calling out attacks that seemed like it was more than a dream... and now a talking cat. She stared at the cat a bit longer - now that she thought about it, she'd seen the cat in her dreams too.

"I've... seen you, in my nightmares... you... had a name..." she closed her eyes, if trying to remember it. "L.... Luna?"

'Luna' grinned, "correct! Seems that whatever memory loss you had, it isn't completely gone. Now, I need you to trust me, and just sit there. Eyes closed."

Luna waited, and surprisingly enough, Minako complied. She sighed, thanking her luck that at least Minako was being cooperative. Luna took a deep breath in, and closed her eyes, the crecent moon beginning to shine. The shine grew brighter until a beam of light shot out and hit Minako in the forehead. She held the beam, until the mark of Venus appeared on the girls forehead, and the beam flickered out. Opening her eyes, Luna looked to the girl, whose head was still down, and tears had appeared in the corner of her eyes.It must be rough, Luna thought. Having all those memories come back at once like this. Luna sat patiently.

After another moment or two, Minako lifted her head,, rubbing the tears from her eyes and looking to Luna. "Hi, Luna. Where's Art?"

Luna signed, relieved. "He's run off to CROWN, looking up something I presume - Minako, I need you to listen. A new enemy has appeared. We tried awakening Usagi, but it didn't work. We're not really sure what's going on. But--"

"Wait! Usagi didn't awaken?" Her answer was a shake of the head and Minako bit down on her thumbnail. "That's really strange. It's like that one time.. with Mamoru."

Luna seemed to blink at her, remembering. "You know," began Mina, "he wouldn't awaken either, and it seemed that his 'memories' had formed a different form. Maybe it's the same?"

Luna tilted her head. "This is possible - well, at least it's better than nothing. Though, I did want to try to see if it would spark something if one of you went to go see her."

Minako jumped up. "Fantastic Idea, Luna! We should go now!"

Luna nodded, and dashed after the girl as she ran out the door, who yelled to the people in her house that she was going out and that she would be back soon. They dashed the way that Luna had come from, and soon came to stand before the door of Usagi's house again. Mina knocked, and Usagi's mother answered the door.

"Oh, hello Minako dear, it's been awhile, hasn't it?"

Minako blinked, "you.. you remember me?" She got a confused look in response.

"Why wouldn't I, dear-- ... well, now that's funny. It seems like I know you, but this is the first time I've seen you before."

Minako sighed, "is Usagi home?"

"Oh, yes... the poor dear. She doesn't come out of her room much. Just for meals, and such.. she, looks lost."

Minako nodded, "would you mind if I went up and saw her?"

"Now, that would be nice," said Ikuko. "I think it would do her good to see a friendly face." She stepped aside, allowing Minako entrance.

"Thanks," said Mina, and immediately headed up the stairs, pausing at Usagi's door. Well, here goes nothing. Mina knocked on the door gently.

And I guess this too. <~on an alternate account, but still me. xD

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:29 pm
Lady Mist

A lot of my rp is scattered about, but here are a few recent samples. (note the first one has a character I play who has an accent and you can only do so much to convey a Scottish accent emotion_drool )

Most of my recent samples would be from this shop tbh.

Sample. Sample 2 and another one. If you want more examples of my writing you can take a look at my hivestuck app, or the one i did for alec in the guild? Just let me know what you think *nods*  

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Beyond Walls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces