[PRP] Mind If I? (Haevan + Shyamal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm
The wolf hyte hadn't really expected to see so many familiar faces so soon, but they had been more than happily received. Haevan had mixed feelings with being back. Being gone for several years, it came without saying that things hand changed. Forever one to be glued to a laptop, or some kind of writing device he had sat down in the TV area of the main Hytech building.

Haevan was currently occupying a section of the sofa half balancing the computer on his lap while he fussed with his camera's memory card, currently transferring several weeks worth of material he'd intended to deal with sooner but simply hadn't made the time. With a bit of time to himself, the wolf was left with his own self, and inner thoughts. Some better than others really. Boredom was a constant onset, but he filled the time with ideally organizing, feral yellow eyes scanned the screen.

"Guess it be somethin' I'll be havin' to just deal with eh?" He chuckled removing his hat and ruffling his light blue hair, ears flick some as he dropped the hat back on his letting out a long, almost dramatic-like sigh. Both for some of the faces he'd have to see, or even the new ones. He wasn't sure what that would involve really. Regardless, as far as he knew, he was alone presently and actually allowed himself to relax as he spoke aloud to himself. The wolf then leaned back, staring up at the ceiling above instead of watching a progress bar on his monitor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm
He would have left the wolf to his own devices. In fact, he'd intended to slide back out of the side rooms and head back upstairs to do a bit more 'research' for his next novel, not planning to stop or greet anyone - unless it was that pretty rat - such as he'd frequently spent his past few weeks.

It wasn't his fault the wolf spoke.

It wasn't his fault that accent tugged his attention as sharply as a passing shapely body might.

The wolf had no one to blame but himself, so reasoned the tiger.

Shyamal spun around slowly on the pad of one foot, his blue eyes trained on the couch, pupils dilated. He hadn't really been aware anyone had been sitting there and hadn't any intent to investigate, but now he had to. Not only was the owner of the accent talking to himself, but it was a new voice, one he knew for certain he'd not met before. With his soft round ears upright, he stalked soundlessly across the floor towards the couch, watching the hat's descent onto light-blue hair, noting the sharp white ears. Definitely new!

He made no announcement of his presence as he suddenly leaned over the couch - and consequently, directly over the wolf, blocking the view of the ceiling - cocking his head to the side and staring down at the new male with a crooked grin. "And what something would that be?" he purred, his voice smooth and velvety. "Seems awfully boring to deal with said something on your lonesome, hm?"

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Now, he would have argued it wasn't his fault. No, not one bit. His accent just happened to be thick, that scottish drawl something the white wolf found rather mundane personally. However, if he'd known it would catch the attention of the powerfully built tiger Hyte the wolf would have laughed really. He liked to talk out loud when he was thinking after all. It was like he was a loony, everyone did it from time to time right? Oh well, no sense in going back now. The surprised look on his face was evident when he made a small sound, before laughing some at the friendly expression the other wore. "Oh..holy hell lad you make a habit of stalkin up on unsuspectin folks?" He gazed up, a smile forming on his face that had otherwise been absent a few minutes ago. A light hearted expression, as he blinked a bit owlishly at the appearance of the other, a bit startled given his ruffled fur but he wasn't upset at being disturbed by any means.

His tail fur had flared up some, but he wasn't overly alarmed. With the handsome smile of the strange Hyte, the wolf gave him a curious look his brow furrowing some. "What was that lad?" he looked a bit flustered momentarily at his asking about his being alone.

"Ah, wondering about phantom memories of days gone by! And figurin' out how to get back into the swin' 'ah things. Why do ya ask boyo?" he questioned in conclusion to his summarizing. Having no reason to hide, nor feel shameful about his current state of affairs. His ears twitched forward some, pursing his lips in consideration.

"'ah don't think we've met before?" he narrowed his eyes some before concluding this must be true. "Aye. 'ah don't think so." Haevan smiled at the stranger waving a white paw at the other.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:13 pm
The tiger's tail curled in a lazy half circle, his ears alert and towards the wolf, watching his body language and listening to his voice. Interesting, he thought to himself, this one isn't put off. And so, maintaining his smile, he shook his head, lifting a paw to brush some of his own hair back from his face, the gesture futile as his bi-colored bangs fell and reached for the wolf he was hovering over. "Not really," he admitted. "You're the first. To be fair, I'm usually in your position, so there's no stalking to be had."

Tilting his head to the side, he found the accent the wolf spoke with to be utterly charming, even if his words were far heavier than the light joking Shy had meant to impart upon the other. Putting his elbows on the back of the couch, he bent proper and rested his cheek and chin against one of his palms, the other resting idly against the wolf's shoulder. His hair almost reached the other's face now, but he didn't seem to mind that he was encroaching on the other's personal space. "Seems a heavy thing to ponder aloud. Just asking in case you didn't want to get used to it alone. I'm a wee bit tired of being alone, myself." He cocked his head to the side long enough to purse his lips, blowing his bangs out of his eyes again, the stray locks this time landing in a curled resting place by his ear before he resumed his downwards conversation.

"We have not. That's why I came by -- to rectify the grievous oversight." The tiger grinned then, lifting his lazy paw to wave back from so near by. "I'm Shyamal. You can call me Shy, Amal, tiger, whatever. I'll answer to most anything within reason, especially in that lovely voice of yours." Returning his paw against the couch, he relaxed his grin into a curious smile. "And you?"

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:51 am

The wolf stayed there, staring up at the other and talking as if it was perfectly normal to have some one inches away, hair tickling your skin mainly because he was so easy going and calm. Unless he did something deliberately sudden, or aggressive Haevan could handle something like this. Being it was his nature to go with the flow and see how things went for what they were. So it was odd really, and enduring to see what sort of mannerisms this one had. He never knew exactly WHAT to expect when meeting another "like" him. "Oh fair enough, figured it be a fittin' question to be askin' given the circumstance we be in!"

His ears perked some as he covered his mouth suddenly giggling at his comment about it being a tragic thing really. "Well Shyamal!" He grinned then. His white tail began its little wagging motions. "Allow me to end this tragic affair with a proper greetin'." He began, a coy look on his face in that moment.

" 'm Haevan. 's my pleasure to meet ya lad!" Despite his size, Haevan had been around long enough to know this male was likely younger than himself. Bemused really, he adjusted his cap so he could get a better look at the other, having tipped his head some, his cheek pressed on the hand now touching his shoulder.

"Bein' alones all I been good at lately..so the company is a welcomed change of pace." Haevan noted, breaking the seriousness of his expression by poking his tongue out playfully. "What say we go grab a bite to eat or somethin' then if ya don't mind me askin?" He looked inquisitive looking a bit shy as he glanced away finally breaking that eye contact with the other, not really expecting him to say yes at his random thought made verbal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:36 pm
Shy lifted his chin to free his paw, giving Haevan a tip of an imaginary hat at the greeting. He wasn't willing to move the other paw when the wolf was leaning against it, even subtly so. "Thank you for sparing me the suffering of not knowing who that handsome wolf on the couch was all day." And he grinned again, a harmless comment, simply stating a fact as he knew it.

The tiger uttered a soft tsk! when the blue-haired male continued on about being alone, even with the utterance of company being welcome. He would have been quite content to chastise in his gentle, playful manner, but Haevan moved on to the suggestion of food, earning a more upward swivel of his round ears. "Ah, now there's a topic close to my heart!" Shy gently pat the back of the couch in a pleased manner, but when the wolf broke eye contact, the tiger looked a touch surprised. "Hey now." His voice was gentle, using both paws to gently turn the other's face in an attempt to make him look back to the tiger. "Don't ask a man out and then look like you're second guessing it! Especially when the answer is a resounding yes." He smiled, trying to mollify Haevan. He had no idea what the wolf had been through, but he knew a story when he saw it.

"Come on. I dunno how long you've been gone, but I know a killer kabob place." Shy withdrew from the couch, righting himself to his full frame, already rounding the couch and aiming for the door with intent to go on his own if the wolf wasn't as eager as he was. "'course, they have full platters for pigs like me, so we wont starve." The tiger did give pause by the divider between the main room and the foyer, tucking the edge against his paws and grinning in open invitation to Haevan. "I'll even pay, and that's about as gentlemanly as I get on a first meeting!"

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:18 pm
Haevan gave him a considering look, his wolf ear perked up adding to his curious expression at Shymal's forwardness. Boundaries didn't seem to be his strong suit, it also made Haevan consider that he was good at reading peoples body language. The wolf might have said something else, but he was distracted now by hands on his face. That and the fact the other was actually agreeing to accompany him. "Wait what..?" Those eyes looked back at him, the simply gesture caught him by surprise looking at him again. The worried look gone, an outright grin replacing it. "oh ho? Really now?". He hadn't meant to sweep the conversation along so quickly, yet the other didn't seem to mind nor miss a beat.

"oi, meat in any quantity is always good lad, hell why not! 'n I can help split the cost." he added grinning playfully as his tail wagged with renewed vigor. While he'd been concerned, such vices were forgotten. Getting up to fetch a jacket of his own before joining him. This of course meant he had to look up to speak to him. The other male was considerably taller by comparison. "Shall we then?" Haevan quickly closed his laptop, placing it in his bag and pushing it off to the side for the now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 pm
"We can go dutch, I'm cool with that." The tiger grinned crookedly, watching the wolf move with a patient and appraising gaze. Shy didn't get many Hytes that were patient with him or even remotely interested in his presence, so the wolf's attention and good humor was of great intrigue to him. "Aye-aye, after you~" He stood in front of the building's doors so they'd sweep open, remaining in place with a flourished bow, only exiting once Haevan was safely away from the automated doors.

Catching up to the wolf's side, he stuck his paws in his jeans pockets, mindful of his stride for the shorter but no less robust Haevan. "Nice to meet a fellow meat-a-saurus, seems most folk at the joint are content with fruit and cereal and freezer food." Shy wrinkled his nose subtly. "Don't get me wrong, I'm all for healthy eating and I like my fair share of fruits, but hell. I need something to really sink my teeth into from time to time." Glancing over to the other, he offered an amicable smile. "You find any awesome cuisine in your travels? I bet normal food is just plebeian to you now."

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 pm
At this Haevan couldn't help laughing, shaking his head at the other as he listened to him talk. A wide smile had found a permanent place on his face as they chatted. While he had to take a few more steps than the other, he found it easy keeping pace with the larger male. One of his white ears twitched, rolling some in a flicking motion at his question a considering look on his face. "Ya know, I've eaten a lot of things. Some amazing..others not so much. Its usually simple, hardy ingredients combined into a large..preferably meat heavy dish that wins at the end of the day. Good foods just that, I aint gunna turn it down cuz I traveled" He poked his tongue out at him briefly once again, wrinkling his nose.

The restaurant doors were quickly upon them, giving the accented male pause. The scents waffing in the air got his nose moving, along with his tail. "Mmm, holy s**t ya weren't kidding that smells grub lad." He rubbed his tummy telling it to shush. Haevan mused thoughtfully at the others question, removing a hand from his coat pocket to hold his laughter back his white pawed hand curving over his lips. "Heh...Although! I got a real serious weakness for Thai and Greek Gryo's..." The wolf paused for a moment before adding. "I mostly back packed around Europe honestly. What about you food wise..? and I get meat~!" He teased nudging the other playfully.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:02 pm
The tiger laughed deeply, the flicker of pink tongue briefly drawing his eyes, amused by the small gesture the wolf seemed to favor. "A fair point," he agreed, "but if you know better than I, I would expect to be corrected." Extending a paw, he opened the door but stayed outside, effectively holding it for Haevan. "We all need to eat. I like convenient and tasty. I'm easy to please." It was meat. It was hard to screw up meat.

Once inside, his tail curled in a happy little figure eight, breathing in deeply and feeling himself salivate. "Mm? Well. Nothing beats a meal cooked by one's own hands with love, but I've yet to experience that. It's good fodder for my work, though." Shy's lips curled upwards in a devious, toothy grin. That was a type of consumption they wouldn't get into just yet. "I like meats with spice. Not exactly spicy - I like that too - but a good rub is ideal. I haven't exactly had the experience of many types of food, I just eat what is available." He cast Haevan an apologetic smile as they approached the counter to make their order. "I'm a lazy lout when it comes to just me. Whatever is in grabbing distance is what I eat."

Leaning on the counter, he ordered his lamb meal without even glancing to the large menu above, speaking at length to give the wolf time to peruse what was available. "Sheekh Kabob platter, cup fer water. Side of samosas if you please." His eyes flicked to his companion, expression patient, nodding to Haevan to order when he was ready.

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 pm
Haevan shrugged slightly when the other laughed at his small gesture of rebuke. While it might have been some-what rude to keep poking his tongue out, the taller male didn't seem offended thankfully. "I suppose, but you had the right idea in mind so no need to correct ya." Effectively he'd had the door held for him, and the gesture was not lost on him. As the other pulled open t he door, he quietly thanking him before ducking inside the building. The other was being curt, and displaying kindness and consideration in abundance. It was something that for the wolf welcomed, even with feeling self conscious. "Grab 'n go doesn't hurt nah I get it. Especially when busy, 's usually what I do anymore. I aint the best of cooks, but I've been trying to learn." he admitted sheepishly.

Shyamal ordering first gave him a chance to roam over the menu above them. Luckily the text was large, and easy to read. His eyes scanned the pages several times over, before he settled on what he wanted. The smells within the restaurant certainly didn’t make it any easier, everything sounded good. "I think... The lamb 'n beef Seekh Kababs sound good. A soda, 'n a side of baklava would be great thanks." With that done Haevan glanced back, before grinning with a nod of his head. indicating he was satisfied with his choices. With that done, he procured his wallet and quietly slipped a portion of the meal expense to the other.

The meals came in to-go containers, and the seating was while simple more than adequate for eating their meal. "So Shy, what do you do for a living?" The blue haired wolf asked curiously in-between a bite of food, surprised that it in fact was pretty damn good just as promised. His ears rounded, giving the meal a curious look before taking another bite.

-[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games