Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scot Plank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:33 am
Might as well start -
Hi, I'm a lurker of the Site Feedback forum and the whole GC push is starting to get ridiculous  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:12 pm
Scot Plank
Might as well start -
Hi, I'm a lurker of the Site Feedback forum and the whole GC push is starting to get ridiculous

Welcome to the guild!
I'm a vendor trying to collect all the items and I some-the-times enter arenas.
Being a collector using strictly gold keeps getting tougher. I can't keep up with all the CS items. ;-;
I don't buy GC.

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Xiled Realms

Ice-Cold Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:27 pm
Just a Classic vetern of Gaia.

Never really was much a vender till my mate help clean some of my invtory of five years of collecting.

I strictly only try to defend those who rights are being taken/tooken from them.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:30 pm
I've been a member since 2004, but took a hiatus and came back in 2007, just as EI's were releasing. I was never too thrilled with cash to begin with.
I'm a retired sign maker (07-12. I do bribes only for extra spending gold) and an art collector of my Rise of the Guardian's OCs.
I found GaiaOnline through Vampirefreaks, and I mainly stayed for roleplaying and friends. Since roleplaying on this site is hard to come by when it comes to unique characters and people, I'm here for the few friends I still have... and art.  

I killed the bucket

Little Stormbat

halo mom

26,225 Points
  • Stormy the Halo Mom 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 pm
Sasha.
25. almost 26 (a month to go Dx)
single mother to a rambunctious but very smart 2 year old. living in the middle of oil boom central. dealing with the rich getting richer and middle class getting ever more poor.

04 member...on a new account. 04 account is Stormy Whispers.
I don't buy gc very often. Like..once every 3=4 months really. I am questing backwings doing it the good old fashioned way of farming gold on zomg, farming loot and trash in towns and zomg. I have had about enough of gaia catering to the rich and letting those of us who do not believe in gc or the cash shop (I believe the cash shop ruined gaia. sorry. I just do. nothing that has been said is going to change my feelings of that.). I believe we need a break and rare items in rigs and club verge need to have a cap put on them of 1mil per neat item. not..start out at 2 mil because it is pretty.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:50 pm
Hello everyone! I'm Andromeda. Feel free to call me Andro! emotion_brofist

I found Gaia through an online advertisement in Late Summer of 2007 and Gaia fishing is the sole reason why I stayed after joining.

Anyway, I'm a big supporter of Gaia getting and staying behind as well as updating Gaia's Games reasonably. I don't think Gaia realizes how many users they push away when Gaia presents a game to a new user, and then another user tells them "This game will not be updated ever again" or "this game hasn't been updated in X amount of years." When I first joined I wasn't nearly as vocal as I am now, and was about to sign off to never come back again, until I noticed Gaia fishing. I tried it out, and really really liked it. I don't think I'm the only user who's joined Gaia because of a game and not just it's avatar system or items or the forums they have. So Gaia's games have a large place in my heart. Even the ones I don't like.

I'm also a big supporter of the gold shop. I don't thing the Cash Shop is the spawn of the devil or anything like that, but I do think the GS and CS need to be updated in a more balanced manner, not just in frequency, but the kind of items each update gives out. When I first joined Gaia, Gaia fishing made you very little gold and I remember most trophy fishers needing to prepare the month before they were going to compete to save up enough gold so they could afford all the bait that trophy fishing requires. At any rate, back then GS items were really the only things I could afford. So the Gold Shops also hold a special place in my heart.

At heart, I'm usually a quiet old bean who prefers to sit back and observe instead of speak. The only place I don't lurk is Site Feedback. I almost wish I never found the forum 'cause it opened my eyes. Sometimes when I see the path Gaia has chosen to take I wish my eyes were closed again. Lets see if we can peacefully work together with Gaia for change! emotion_yatta  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

GentleBirb

Skilled Genius

8,975 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:33 pm
Hello all, I think I'm going to renounce my Gaia citizenship. The problems are not getting solved fast enough, items I've been questing for have disappeared so even if I worked off my tail feathers I could never obtain them and roleplaying has died here. As soon as I finished my latest gaia commissions I'm gone. My rare items, millions in gold, and posts are going down with me. Sorry gaia but I can't be here anymore, I've already got enough problems IRL.

IRL: I cannot earn what I want no matter how hard I work for it. Nothing I do means anything, no matter how much money I earn it's gone on just food, I work hard IRL to earn things on gaia with a combination of gaia cash, art, zomg and vending.

Gaia: Same, and you'd think this site would be a way to GET away from real life. Not feel like it's another sh*tty as real world where you are still poor, you still suck, you still get nothing you want, and everything you do means nothing and your poor luck transfers as well as your ability to get cheated and ignored

I'm MahoHaku, a 22 year old senior animation student. I grew up outside the reservation in poverty on a chunk of country. We raised chickens, rabbits and gardened. I'm a hunting, fishing, cooking, exploring creative kind of girl. I love art and nature, and cannot survive without social interaction. Yes, I like shiny things and most of my projects end up being collections. Because I am a major collecter. Also I don't know if it was someone here but thank you benefactor for the shiny gift QuQ. Also Native American, and love doing hand made projects. Dream catchers, key chains and such. Maybe I should call myself a hobbyist cause I like doing like, all the things. Sewing, cooking, outdoors, repairs, painting, drawing, crafts, roleplaying... But my profession is animation so that's me in a nut shell minus the severe clinical depression, weak heart, and PTSD. But I am working hard with my friends to try and fix it all. I hope to live life like a normal person someday. Hopefully before something bad happens. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:51 pm
Names is Izzy. Been on this site since I was 13 back in o7. It has gotten me threw the harsh years of middle school and high school. I am 19 gonna be 20 in like two months. I am married work and have a two year old. What money me and my husband have are going toward what we need for our house.
I don't have the time to quest like I used too. Gaia isn't helping those of us who get our money of zomg any more.
I feel like its all about the cash. If it weren't for the fact that gaia was my life boat threw my teen years I wouldn't be here now. I haven't bought gaia cash in over three years now. What I go get with cash I get with the offers.
And I feel like gaia is ignoring us loyal users for the ones that have money to feed their greedy pockets. I am hoping it gets better but I am only seeing it get worse. Gaia is like the Us. It was once good and now its dying and going down the drain.  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:12 am
Hello everyone, friends call me Soosh. I'm 21 years old.

I've been on this site ever since I was 12 in 2004, found it through Newgrounds advertisements, next to those bouncing anime boob-girl adverts. I've been around for practically everything and I loved gaia passionately. VO and L0cke were artists who inspired me to take up a pencil... and now I'm working on 3 different comics for friends.

I'm the go-to guy for banners as well.

Gaia gave me an interest in commercial art and graphic design. I've passed through college in Fine Art and I've got my certification in Graphic Design because of its influence.

I also founded E CORP on my mule, Lord Lapin, who I use today to speak and debate without any prejudice to one side.

I've recently quit Gaia however... and I'm only sticking around to make banners and such for my friends. I also want to see Halloween before I go... I've waited years to see Jack vs EB.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:32 pm
I'm PL.

I'm 27 (Though not for much longer!).

My personal bone of contention is the guilds and promises that Gaia made that have since been broken.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:11 pm
Hello, everyone. You can me Kitti. ^_^ Let me tell you my experience with Gaia.

I first got on in Autumn of '08 because a friend of mine got me interested. I was initially attracted to the Flash pages (mostly Towns) and guilds, especially of the Sailor Moon variety. I really got into role playing, especially as Sailor Cronus (when I eventually made this mule). When I started showing people my artwork of Sailor Cronus, people were interesting in knowing more about my character's story. Years before, I had started my Sailor Moon fan manga, now called Titan Soldier Sailor Cronus. I had given up on it, but the friends I made here on Gaia compelled me to pick it up again, and my readers love it now!

My Gaia friends have been the past decade's best motivation to continue pursuing my art and writing career.

A few years ago, I happily purchased my first Gaia Cash card of $10.00. Back then, it was a pretty big deal to me, because it meant I could get some items that I wanted and help support a site I believed in and enjoyed. I remember purchasing some Emerald Seed RIGs and giving away some items to my friends. It was a pleasant feeling to me to be able to give to my friends and the community.

However lately, Gaia has been pushing cash purchases hard. At first I tried to defend Gaia's right to capitalism when I heard other people complain. But those complaints I had seen were petty. Nowadays, they've become a lot less petty. Selling items from Gold Shops for either gold OR cash is a good idea. Selling RIGs and Evolving Items for cash-only is a good idea, or at least they were when they were rare. Now I see more updates on CS items than GS items, and it's growing more complicated.

Add to that the overflow of advertisements, the Cash Tree, Verge, etc, and now I feel if I purchase a GCash card, there will be nothing so special about it. I'll feel as though I'm contributing almost nothing, and contributing to a cause that doesn't need me. sad

I would like to see some changes made. I would like to regain those feelings I had when I first joined Gaia. Those were good feelings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Um, hi everyone.
My name is Xerixa. I joined the guild after seeing a member's signature while reading in the Site Feedback. I liked the charter statement and I see this guild as a safe location to talk about how these trends are making me feel without people being...well mean. Debate is one thing, being nasty is another...
I've been on this site (not this account) since August '06. I've grown a lot since then and met wonderful people.
I hope to help get our voices heard by the powers-that-be here on Gaia, but in a unified and civil, but strong way.
I also hope to get to better know you guys and gals here. ^-^

Oh right, um, in the subforum with ideas, can we post ideas about how to better the site or is it specific to just ideas about how to get our voice heard? Just checking before I make a mistake.

Xerixa

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:34 pm
Xerixa

Oh right, um, in the subforum with ideas, can we post ideas about how to better the site or is it specific to just ideas about how to get our voice heard? Just checking before I make a mistake.

:'D Welcome to the guild!
I'm pretty sure "Ideas" is for any and all ideas to better the Guild and Gaia.
I'm planning on posting some gold-sink ideas in there soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 pm
hello there!

I am a Site Feedback Reg and the captain of H.U.B Guild.

i care a huge amount about Gaia and making it the best place to be on the net.

erm... I suck at intros...

Hi!  

Nights-Rune

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Xerixa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:08 pm
Quote:

:'D Welcome to the guild!
I'm pretty sure "Ideas" is for any and all ideas to better the Guild and Gaia.
I'm planning on posting some gold-sink ideas in there soon.

Thank you! ^-^
And alrighty then, I'll be posting some of my ideas there too.
Might not be tonight, but over the next few days.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
RG Charity Mule
This candle has been found!!! sorry

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games