Full Name: Sebastian Orion Arrikanez
Nicknames: "Seb", "Sebby", "Spoiled brat" {usually under Arri's breath}
Physical Age: Teen
Manifest Type: Dimensional - Timelord {Gallifreyan}

I post in MediumPurple

Hair Color and Style: Blonde, long, usually in a ponytail
Eye Color: Grey
Skin Color: Pale, Caucasian

Personality: Sebastian started off exactly like what he's supposed to be. The Gallifreyan are a proud and often haughty race, and that's exactly what Seb is - although he's learning the benefit of NOT thinking he's better than ninety percent of the population. Overall, though, he's not a bad sort. Once you get past his rather blatant pride and vanity, you reach a part of him that has deep-seated issues with authority, the NEED for people around him, and that vast thirst for knowledge that Arrikanez himself has only just noticed. He's also a tad insecure about his own abilities, even though he acts better than everyone.. It's mostly so they don't see how afraid he is of screwing up. However, if someone slights him, or betrays what he views as his trust, he has no problem leaving them behind for someone more suited to his tastes. It's something he's gradually growing out of, but attachment seems to be something he both needs AND shuns. He does have a very developed wry sense of humor, and finds most things - if not outright funny - at least amusing from some standpoint or another. Which gives him the huge possibility of accidentally offending someone when he tries to make light of a heavy situation.

Physical: Sebastian is as healthy as a horse, and as fast as one. For short periods, he can outrun pretty much anyone. However, he doesn't have great stamina, because he doesn't exercise much. He prefers the 'quieter' aspects of life, and thus doesn't venture outside all that much. It gives him both super-pale skin, and poor staying-power when he IS forced to do physical activity.

Likes: Books, Learning, Steampunk, Doctor Who {The TV Show}, Organizing things, Fashion and Style, People who "get" him, Hosting things {parties, mostly}, Design, Tinkering with things, The color Orange for some reason, Painting {Although he really needs practice}, Mysteries, The idea of Time-Travel, Sherlock Holmes and related stories

Dislikes: Most of the Dreamery Techs {He views them as a secretive bunch, and doesn't like secrets}, Writing {if it isn't technical or helps him learn something}, Disney, "Gushy" people, The idea of "True Love", Things that don't make sense

What I Dress Like:
Anything in style. Long coats with embroidering, knee-high boots, pants with stitched seams, and gloves are all in his closet

What I'm Never Without:
Cellphone given to him by Arri, Sense of Humor {Wry though it is}, SOME reading material {usually books, sometimes Arri's Tablet}, Pen and pad of sticky-notes

Orientation: "Love? I don't know what that is..."
Crush: "Nobody, right now..."

Friends: Alison, Auden
Enemies: None, although he figures it will be a matter of time.

Where you'll find me:
*At Arri's house, reading in the library or sitting room
*Trying on clothes at one of the nearby shops, or trying to clothe Arri in something somewhat reasonable... *Sigh*
*'Reluctantly' walking with Arri in the park
*Dropping something off, or hanging out at the Dreamery main building for whatever reason

Picture Album

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:15 pm
~Adventures in Time, Space, and Other People's Houses~

Current:
[ORP] House Party at Sebs Place!
[RP] Those With Issues Must Meet {Abandoned?}
[RP] Of Robots and Flying Fish

Finished:

Point Tallies
* Journal Entry [925 Words] - 2 Points

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 am
Arri wasn't in the best of moods, or feeling the best, so today he had decided to actually stay in bed. Sebastian was all for that, but Arrikanez made it crystal clear that Sebastian was to study. Not that he ever had trouble getting the boy to do so. Lately, the kid had been drinking up everything. Every little bit of information, every little scrap thrown to him. It was a refreshing change to Sebastian refusing everything Arri suggested to him. Regardless, it was Sebastian's prerogative WHAT he wanted to study, and at this particular moment, the man was going to leave him to it. The most he did was to duck his head into Sebastian's room, and speak to him.

"I'm not feeling well, so I'm going to lay down for a bit. We're having fish for dinner. I'll make those tilapia fillets you like. And I've got brownies cooling for dessert. Do not eat them before dessert, understood?"

Sebastian sat in the corner of his room, legs up on his desk, with his nose in some book or another with a gear on the cover.
"Understood. Sleep well, father. If we need to go to the hospital later, I can drive."

Arrikanez snorted. "You most certainly cannot. I'll be fine. I just need some rest. You're to study, understand? I want a paper on whatever it is you're studying by the end of the week with most of the salient points."

The boy absently nodded, waving his hand at his father without looking up.
"Yes, yes. Go get sleep. You apparently need it, and I need to finish this chapter."

Sighing, the Guardian drew back, and closed the door lightly, leaving Seb to his devices.

Sebastian, however, waited until his father was gone to put down the book, and put his legs down so he could use his laptop, opening it up, and scanning through the current entries in the search-engine.

"Time-travel..." he said as he typed, then clicked on the first link he saw. Wikipedia - of course. He usually took whatever was written in the articles worth a grain of salt.

"Let's see what Wiki says..... Hmmm.... Time-travel is the concept of moving between different points in time in a manner analogous to moving between different points in space."

Sebastian sat back, and crossed his arms, thinking. "So to move forward or back within time - at the same rate that one moves between points in physical space. So..."

He turned around in his swivel chair, and stroked his chin in thought. "So to move... from here to there.. but also... from now to then. Or now to what is yet to come."

The boy beamed as he turned back around, and dove headfirst into everything and anything the search-engine had to offer up. Articles on the merits and disadvantages of time-travel, news columns on the possibility of it, communities based around the idea... and two very singular things. One of more significance, but not more interest to the young man.

"Doctor Who? What's that?" He clicked the links that popped up from that search... and learned. And liked what he learned. But one word popped up out of his searching and stared him in the face. "A Gallifreyan." he said, digesting the word, and thinking back to the first time he'd heard the word.

The tech had been distracted when he emerged from the examination room, demanding - in true Sebastian style - to know what he was, and where. The tech had told him...

"As to what you are, kid... You're a Gallifreyan. From Gallifrey. Look up Doctor Who sometime if you want some learning material."

Why had he never bothered to WATCH those DVDs that the techs had given him? Probably because he and Arri had been too busy doing whatever it was they were doing at the time. But now... Arri was absent, and Sebastian was voracious for information. Carefully, he stood up, and lifted down the massive stack of DVDs, now covered with dust, blowing them off. He'd watch them now, then. Just as soon as-... Helloooo.. what was this?

"... Steam.. punk?" he set the DVDs down, and scrolled down the link list, clicking on random links to see what was to be seen. He liked this. He really liked this. An entire society, a lifestyle, of people who held time-travel and tinkering in the highest esteem? Using what you found, and making it work? And the clothes were... His eyes scanned up and down the page. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Just so. And exquisitely detailed. The DVDs got pushed to the side, as the boy started taking notes on styles, forums to get in contact with these people - even a pure-steampunk BAND or two that just hung around and made music that complimented the lifestyle. It was... glorious. There were an entire community of people out there that he could discuss everything on his mind with!

Immediately, he started posting on the forums - even giving himself a name. Something that they'd remember him by. He'd once read that an internet name is a new identity - and he had to make it a good one.

TimeMagician

That was a start. At least he was talking to people... He had to find out more, had to understand every single thing about this lifestyle. Oh - and watch the Doctor Who DVDs... but that would come AFTER he planned out his brand new outfit... It was time to go shopping. Whether Arri wanted to or not.  
Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games