Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Archive
Tales of Symphonia 3? Yes, no, maybe so? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should there be a third game?
  Yes, I can't get enough Symphonia!
  Yes, it would be nice to see one more Symphonia
  Yes, but I think any more would just be too much
  No, i've had enough Symphonia to last a lifetime
  No, two was plenty
  No, there shouldn't have even been a second
  Eh, I couldn't care less
View Results

Korsall Kaiser

Clever Shapeshifter

18,700 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Night Owl 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 am
No, there hasn't been a third Symphonia announced... But I want your opinions. Should there be a third? Why or why not? Are you dying to see your favorite characters one last time? Is two just enough? Is a third installment just beating a dead horse? Tell me what you think. And maybe if you have your own ideas for a third game or how the second game could have been better, share that as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 am
I dunno about another sequel, but I wouldn't mind there being like a prequel game that focuses on the Kharlan War. It kinda bothers me that you don't really see who it was that killed Martel aside from the fact it was a human that did it.

Though if yet another sequel were to be made, I would give Symphonia the title of being the "Final Fantasy 7" of the Tales Series. xd  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am
I agree with Sirea. There definately needs to be a Kharlan War prequel. I want to know who killed Martel, too. But, I also want to play as Mithos so I can make the pacts with him. And, be satisfied with splitting the world in two....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:26 pm
That would also leave the question on who's point of view we would be looking at if a prequel were to be made. In Symphonia, the story focuses on Colette's journey yet the game is played through Lloyd's point of view.  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm
That's true....I think it would be Mithos' perspective, if they made it. Since he is the one who formed the pacts and weilded the Eternal Sword.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm
A prequel huh? Now there's an idea. I gotta agree, it would be cool to play as Mithos. Going through his adventure from (possible) humble beginnings to weilder of the Eternal Sword. Also, making pacts with the various summon spirits would be awesome. Personally, I really want to know the pact he made with Volt that he broke that got Volt so damn pissed. Also, Yuan was part of the group right? Who wouldn't wan't to play as Yuan?! XD Finally, do you think Martel would be a Mage or a Healer? I see her as a Healer.  

Korsall Kaiser

Clever Shapeshifter

18,700 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Night Owl 100

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:06 pm
No, honestly ive had my fill of Symphonia's universe, it would be beating a dead horse. emotion_donotwant

(I didn't want Dawn of the New World either to be honest.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm
I see Martel as more of a healer rather than a mage.  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Korsall Kaiser

Clever Shapeshifter

18,700 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Night Owl 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:02 pm
I forget, was Botta part of the group or was he just someone that ended up working with Yuan after the fact?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:51 pm
Korsall Kaiser
Finally, do you think Martel would be a Mage or a Healer? I see her as a Healer.

Healer or hybrid, probably.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 pm
Yeah, I think enough has been done with the world of Aselia. I just feel like there isn't anything more to cover. As for what might've happened after Dawn of the New World, I feel it's just best left to fan imaginings.

If anything, I just want a port of Tales of Symphonia to the 3DS with the additional content that the Japan-only PS2 version got! I think the added content to the Niflheim sidequest would explain a little better the tie-in with Dawn of the New World.

But I agree that there ought to be a prequel. o: I also think it would be from Mithos' point of view.

I think Martel would mainly be a healer. I see her having an arte setup similar to Raine, really. Mithos could be a magic swordsman, but I think his arte setup would tip more into a mage style. That is, he would have more spells than sword artes in his repertoire. I think he started as a mage and then was later taught swordsmanship by Kratos.

Korsall Kaiser
I forget, was Botta part of the group or was he just someone that ended up working with Yuan after the fact?

Botta would be the latter. If he were part of the Kharlan group, I think he would've been more prominent than he was in ToS.

Korsall Kaiser
Personally, I really want to know the pact he made with Volt that he broke that got Volt so damn pissed.

Oh, I thought the pact involved Mithos' vow to make the world better for everyone. Then when he snapped after Martel's death and split the worlds, that's what pissed Volt off.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 am
I wouldn't mind seeing what becomes of everyone after Dawn of the New World. I know many fans didn't count it as a sequel but aside the disappointing changes in voice acting, I really didn't mind it. Well, that and it was too short in my opinion...

Either that or, I do like the idea of a prequel. Maybe following Kratos' life, so we get to see what happened back in the days of Mithos and Martel up to the point where he meets Anna and when Lloyd is born. I think following Kratos' point of view would make for a really good game, and I'm sure it would be pretty moving as well.  

Hallie Neko-chan

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100

Korsall Kaiser

Clever Shapeshifter

18,700 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Night Owl 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:55 am
Azura Cantarella
If anything, I just want a port of Tales of Symphonia to the 3DS with the additional content that the Japan-only PS2 version got! I think the added content to the Niflheim sidequest would explain a little better the tie-in with Dawn of the New World.

But I agree that there ought to be a prequel. o: I also think it would be from Mithos' point of view.

I think Martel would mainly be a healer. I see her having an arte setup similar to Raine, really. Mithos could be a magic swordsman, but I think his arte setup would tip more into a mage style. That is, he would have more spells than sword artes in his repertoire. I think he started as a mage and then was later taught swordsmanship by Kratos.

Korsall Kaiser
Personally, I really want to know the pact he made with Volt that he broke that got Volt so damn pissed.

Oh, I thought the pact involved Mithos' vow to make the world better for everyone. Then when he snapped after Martel's death and split the worlds, that's what pissed Volt off.

3DS port with additional content? I would buy that... surprised

Prequel... :3

Yeah, Magic Swordsman sounds right. Perhaps there could be portions of the game where Kratos teaches him further sword artes. Like the ones with Lloyd. Or the sidequest in Abyss where you have to get the Arcane Arte books. Some sorta sidequesty bit that teaches him further sword artes.

Really? I never quite caught on to that. But hey, a prequel would tell all! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 pm
Oh man, do I so want a 3DS port with the Japan only content. If only...

As for a ToS 3, it would be a neat idea to have a prequel, but at the same time no because besides that...... there's not much you can cover, really.  

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

Lunia Lovelace

Hilarious Hunter

1,975 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:17 am
Hallie Neko-chan
I wouldn't mind seeing what becomes of everyone after Dawn of the New World. I know many fans didn't count it as a sequel but aside the disappointing changes in voice acting, I really didn't mind it. Well, that and it was too short in my opinion...

Either that or, I do like the idea of a prequel. Maybe following Kratos' life, so we get to see what happened back in the days of Mithos and Martel up to the point where he meets Anna and when Lloyd is born. I think following Kratos' point of view would make for a really good game, and I'm sure it would be pretty moving as well.

Daddy Kratos~! whee That's too cute to think about! 4laugh  
Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces