Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bento District

Back to Guilds

If you're a foodie who prizes creative plate presentation, this is the place for you :3 

Tags: bento, food, lunch, recipe, cute 

Reply District Food for Thought
Holiday Cooking, Bentos, Gifts (This time: Easter)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:48 pm
Hello to all the foodies and bento lovers out there. So holidays, we all ceberate certain days that are special to us or our culture for some reason or another. We cook for and give gifts to our friends, family, and loved ones.

This thread is primarily to discuss and share what you do to celebrate holidays, special bentos you may make/have made, or food gifts you give....And anything else relevant you can think of heh. I'll hopefully be updating the thread as time goes along because I'm interested in what people make for Easter, summer holidays and that sort of thing. And feel free to mention any holiday that you're celebrating, I'm sure there are many out there that I dont know about.

Noted/discussed holidays:
- Valentines Day (How did you spend the day, what sort of treats did you make, or want to make?)
- St.Patricks Day (Was anyone sober enough to think about making bento foods? Hahah)
- Easter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm
Ill go ahead and say what I did today... nothing haha. I had classes from 8am-5:30pm nd I didnt really cook anything special for dinner. Saying that sort of gave me the urge to bake somethng, until I realised I'm out of eggs at the moment.

There is a potluck for a club on Friday that I'm considering attending, I may count that as my 'cook for a holiday' as its within the week.  

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 pm
I didnt really go out or do anyting speacial for St.Pattys day either.... I did make something green to eat though. It wasnt really anything special, broccoli over rice with some sauce.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm
I was good and babysat for a friend while she went out. Had some cornbeef and cabbage. No bento tho ;<  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 am
Sir3n Song
I was good and babysat for a friend while she went out. Had some cornbeef and cabbage. No bento tho ;<

Aww, thats nice of you. Must have been a dear friend heh, I'm not sure I wouldve made the same sacrifice! Corned beef and cabbage, is that something you have every year to celebrate? Or was it something new you tried (And how did it taste? Ive never had it myself)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 pm
Duo-chan_in_wonderland

Aww, thats nice of you. Must have been a dear friend heh, I'm not sure I wouldve made the same sacrifice! Corned beef and cabbage, is that something you have every year to celebrate? Or was it something new you tried (And how did it taste? Ive never had it myself)

Oh, it's a traditional "boiled dish" that you have on St.Patricks Day. I typically have it every year, but I like it best when my dad makes it 3nodding And she was just a friend I saw in need of some time to herself. I wouldn't have had much else to do, I'm not really a drinker sweatdrop  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm
Sir3n Song

Oh, it's a traditional "boiled dish" that you have on St.Patricks Day. I typically have it every year, but I like it best when my dad makes it 3nodding And she was just a friend I saw in need of some time to herself. I wouldn't have had much else to do, I'm not really a drinker sweatdrop

Are you Irish then? Or have connections to that heritage? I think its cool that you celebrate by making the traditional foods, I usually celebrate Chinese New Year that way~

I'm not really a drinker either, even though most everyone I know is. Hmmm do you garden? Spring has sprung! Its almost time for me to break ground in my backyard haha.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 pm
Did anyone do anyhting cute with eggs , or anyhting bunny themed for Easter?  

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

xRozeN Doll

Demonic Doll

27,250 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 pm
emotion_yatta  
District Food for Thought

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff