Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:57 am
You may only request a growth application if the following criteria has been completed

Egg => Wiggler [0 years old]
auto-grows once a breeding egg has found an owner *

Wiggler => Kid [6 - 10 years old]
*one month has passed since you last grew a troll
*autogrows once your quest has been accepted

Kid => Teen [11 - 16 years old]
*and you have completed 5 min 500 word social roleplays *
*and you are willing to complete a min 1000 word growth rp *

Teen => Adult [17 + years old]
*and you have completed 10 min 500 word social roleplays *
*and have completed 7 battle roleplays *

Adult => Ancestor [17 + years old]
*one month has passed since you last grew a troll *
*and have submitted an ancestor application that has been approved by staff *
*and have completed a mix of 30 roleplays/battles as assigned by staff to your application *

*In respect to characters created after 06/05/17, staff reserves the right to change these if necessary, and/or deny growths to users at our own discretion.

Quote:
A note on completion and event RPs: Sometimes, RPs will reward activity with RP points. Please note which events do and do not give RP points - they should be labeled clearly by the individual running the event, but if not it's always OK to ask! In general, events that grant RP points are primarily focused on roleplay and/or have a roleplay word requirement, and favor interaction between multiple trolls.

To clarify, the 500 word minimum counts for each troll involved in the roleplay for it to be considered eligible for growth (a minimum of 1,000 words for both trolls assuming a 1x1 roleplay). Incomplete roleplays sometimes do happen, but should not be the majority of your troll's growth request.

After you have posted, a roleplay manager will prepare a prompt for you, for your required growth rp.

Growth vs Normal Rps:
Growth rps are intended to be a moment in your troll's life where something changes - a realization is made, a path is decided upon, anything that shows 'personal growth and change', and could be considered a defining point in their life. Growth rps can either be played solo, or with friends. Friends can either be other trolls ready to grow, or ones that aren't. If they're ready to grow, we'll need their 'life changing event' to be worked in as well, if not they can simply be participants in your story, and can count it as a regular rp for themselves. Either way, we'll work with you as close as you want to help build your troll's step up to the next life stage, prompting your character along the way until they have reached the end.

Meta Growth Rps:
While we can run a tailor-made rp for your troll, we also provide orps/some special prps at the ends of shop metas where trolls who would like to use the story that recently unfolded for their troll's growth. These do not have the two week time limit but are usually required to be finished by the time the meta ends, so they have a slightly stricter time limit. As long as you get a confirmation from the mule during the meta, you can use your posts there as a growth - please link to the thread in question in your growth application if that is what you are using.

Growth Rp timing:
Each prompt in a growth rp must be replied to in under two weeks, or it will be placed lowest in priority for staff. (The person who posted growth requests after you will be given priority, unless they take over two weeks, and priority is moved again.) If you have multiple people participating in a growth rp or are choosing to respond to each prompt in multiple posts, the time between each post should not exceed two weeks. In addition, if you are replying during large events, please keep in mind staff are double-booked in terms of their shop responsibilities and might reply slower.

When you have completed your roleplay and your new art is ready, you will be notified that your new stage art is ready. Your troll is now older, and hopefully wiser! Congratulations!

Updating your troll's profile:
If your troll has developed as a character or their personality has otherwise gone in a different direction than what is written in their journal, please submit revisions at this thread for approval. When your troll grows up one stage personality shifts are common, so please take advantage of this!

Participating in metas:
Trolls may be considered grown for a meta and meta-related roleplay if they have an in-progress growth RP that the user has posted in within the past 30 days. They may also participate if the reason that the user has not been able to post has been due to staff delays. If your troll has been considered grown in a previous meta, you must complete their growth to be allowed into any future metas, unless due to a delay on the staff side.

Ancestorhood:
Growth to Ancestor is a more fluid, yet more specific process. Trolls must work towards their Ancestor Name, the title that all other trolls will know them as, due to their world-wide fame, or infamy. To become an ancestor, users must first submit the Ancestor application from the post below, stating their intended name and how they wish to reach it. Names will be first come, first serve. If your troll's ideal ancestor name has been chosen, synonyms are acceptable. The meaning can be the same, as long as the word is different. For more information on becoming an Ancestor, continue to read all the text under Ancestor Application/in the form.

Quote:
If you have multiple trolls:
The one month timer is counted between all your trolls. So if you have two kids that are ready to grow, you have to grow one, wait a month, then grow the other.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:34 am
Stage: What stage are you growing to? (teen/adult/ancestor)

Type: Premade, full custom, semi custom? This is what your troll was when you first got them, and is only really important for teen stage. Also, if you have a premade with already completed teen art, note that here please. (You will know if your premade came with teen art, because it will have been shown in the preview all shaded out and mysterious in the background, ooh!)
If you have a semi-custom or a premade without premade teen art and you are aging to teen, please say which template you would like. If there is none for your troll's body type, ask and one will be created.

Growth rp: Do you have any ideas for what you want to happen in your troll's growth? A falling out with someone close to your troll? A large event that changes their views on the world? Or perhaps just a moment of introspection that sets them off down a new path in life? We can work with you doing a duo growth with someone else, if you want their troll to be part of it as well. (If their troll is not ready to grow, they can count it as a regular rp). Don't be afraid to ask what kinds of things you can do for this! Any questions can be sent to the mule, and the staff member who will be doing your growth will get back to you.

Growth info: What do you want for your troll at this stage? Have they received any body modifications? A new haircut? What does their outfit look like? Visual references are good, so are text descriptions. If you are uncertain and want the artist to decide on the final outfit, having at least a rough idea of what you want it to look like still helps. (military, fancy, rough-looking, etc)

Weapon: For your adult, ancestor, and any robot or ghost stage, you can design what your troll's weapon looks like, as it will be drawn in their image. It should be the same base weapon as they used before (sabre, knuckles, spatula, scale model globe of alternia, etc). For adults, the design should be reasonably simple. For other stages, you will be allowed to design a much fancier, one-of-a-kind legendary weapon.

Powers: If you have a troll with powers that are not predesigned, how would you like them to visibly manifest? This will simply be an addition to the art in teen & adult stages, while ancestor will be fully manifesting this power in their pose and lineart.

[b]My troll's going through a growth spurt![/b]
[b]Trolls Journal:[/b]
[b]Stage:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Growth rp:[/b]
[b]Growth info:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]

Ancestor Application: This must be filled out and submitted when you are ready to begin your adult troll's path to becoming an ancestor, before any rps have been completed towards becoming one. Staff will quote you with approval or pm you to discuss any problems, then once you have worked them out, quote you for approval. You will also be provided with how many normal/battle rps (for a total of 30) you must complete in which you work towards your troll's ancestor name. Your troll can complete as many roleplays as they want that are not related to their ancestor stage's name/concept but they may not be used/counted in their final growth request. Once you have reached the required amount, please post the above growth application, quoting the staff approval of this (all the information and the rps required) in the bottom. All growth rps must be marked and organized in your journal for staff to look through.

[b]Ancestor Name:[/b] The [ 7 to 10 letter word describing what your ancestor will be known for ]
[b]Ancestor Concept:[/b] What is the idea behind this name? How will your troll become known as it and worthy of it? Specifics are not too necessary unless you have everything planned out with other people. This is essentially the things we will be looking to see in each roleplay that will be counted towards your growth. (IE The Culinarian, a troll famed for their outstanding ability to create the most delicious food in all of Alternia, will require 25 roleplays where they cook outstanding meals for large social occasions, and 5 battles in which they make trolls break down and cry from throwing delicious food into their face)

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:06 pm
User Image My troll's going through a growth spurt!
Trolls Journal: Atiqua Cifica
Stage: Kid to teen
Growth rp: I've had her do a lot of things involving scavenging, fixing- very few things related to her nautical theme. Something to do with perhaps the lake, or the ocean- being the ship captain she wants to be~ Something to make he question perhaps the value of items and the value of trolls? IDK I like boats. |'D
Growth info:
Quote:
Appearance:
Athletic with a slightly stocky build, semi short. Not pudge but toned? Hair is to her lower back and ends in ringlets, 3 short horns on both sides of her skull, rather thin and fin like
Wears jacket like this with frilled cravat and cuffs, ( vest under the jacket) leather/black short shorts with lace stockings 2nd row second from left Shoes like so. Not exact but something along those lines. /bad at designs
Taste has changed a bit- def giving leway with bottom cuz haha what r designs. maybe make coat a bit more naval w/ cute captain's hat?
Ancestor: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:27 pm
Trolls Journal: Ganyma!
Stage: Teen
Growth rp: Ganyma's change from a kid into a teen largely has to do with him bulking up and preparing himself to break out of his mediocrity. At this point he doesn't have much push-back, so witnessing some sort of highblood take advantage of their station or witnessing a lowblood being held back because of theirs (or both) would get him going. If not a large event, then a series of montages of him making the transformation into adolescence through physical training and hyper-focusing on his interests would be a fun write.
Growth info: Wow, I don't know if I have a current reference of Ganyma. I will get an image together tomorrow, though he's pretty much the same as his first teen picture from his journal! Though, there's a couple of minor differences.
My biggest request would be to make Ganyma top-heavy! He's very focused on his muscular image but he's more of a blocky, sturdy kind of muscular than the Mr. Universe adonis-type. Additionally, I'd love to keep his boots in teen stage, and his tank top. And, his hair is a bit wavier now. I'll post an updated image and edit this post then. @w@

Drew a new reference pic! Not much has changed...

Sypon
Vice Captain

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:27 am
-ignore this :>!!!-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:54 pm
Trolls Journal: Here
Stage: Kid to Teen
Growth rp: sent a pm to mule, otherwise I want him to just have a 2spooky encounter that makes him get more into the supernatural hunter
Growth info: Hair, face scars are the same. larger/more 'menacing' horns/pointier if that makes sense? A half cloak over one arm w/ fur trim (king of like so but ending near his waist). Gothic CC mostly, boots w/ heels. Expression a cocky sort of smirk- he's grown into his fangs but they're still p prominent. (whispers maybe sneak a gerbil into his pocket rofl), started to emulate higher casts- necklace still there, add in a few rings, earring.
Weapon: N/A- teen stage. Unless he could have a whip in his art.

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:10 pm
Trolls Journal: Tamiya Aiguma
Stage: Kid -> Teen!
Growth rp: I would really love her growth to be in direct response to the Old Hemisect meta. If it could be a moment of introspection or a calling upon her very VERY small support system. My main goal is to ensure Tamiya's paranoia/reaffirmation of her faith, and also to begin her on her journey to justice through force, rather than her fears which has been prevalent in her childhood.
Growth info: A reference image that I sketched up. Tamiya's facepaint is slightly different than child stage, but is still primarily white with purple accents. Haaaair ornaments here. If it's too complicated a design for teen stage, you can skip out on the kimono floral pattern. This one, which is simpler, would also be nice if it's not too complicated (woman's top): magicks. And lastly, Tamiya has a masculine build and does not have female breasts. :O THANK YOU! Her clothes can be fudged and I'm not committed to the colors, so YEAH whatever's good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 am
Trolls Journal: Milieu Aojiro
Growth rp: Oh man, something to do post Meta. Milieu got a slap in the face with reality and I'd love to see more suffering growth in that department. Her realizing that there's no one way to get things done, but coming to grips with what happened and allowing it to make her stronger rather than weaker. Busting out of her shell too. Could also be part of helping to build homes for those displaced from the meta? Since she was a master in construction!
Growth info: Jeeze this is hard. I would like her hairstyle to be a psycheknot. It feels like the right growth. Also just to keep the general feel? A sort of modern-Victorian / Victorian fancy vibe. Somehow incorporating that awesome heart/club/spade/diamond pattern. Seeing as she was a premade, she might already have a teen stage biggrin that's fine too!!

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:22 pm
Trolls Journal: Odette Cygnet
Stage: Kid -> Teen
Growth rp: After losing her lusus, Odette psychologically isolates herself. The task of bringing her back from isolation falls on the shoulders of her closest friend, Vremea. This could take place in either of their hives, but I want to keep it a private and internal conflict. It will be a bumpy struggle, but in the end Odette realizes how important her friend is and reaffirms her loyalty to her. If possible, I would like to touch on her growing resentment for highbloods and her attachment to the rebel cause.
Growth info: I'm fine with using her old teen art for the time being. I do plan on getting new teen art for Odette, but I don't have enough EP presently!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:44 am
Trolls Journal: Right here!
Stage: kid -> teen
Growth rp: Like his friends, Larque's growth will also be a direct response to the recent meta. After his only two friends distance themselves from him (Tamiya leaves to go live with Sinter), he will struggle to integrate into the newly rebuilt city of Old Hemisect. He is still a savage, feral little troll, and his lusus is also large and generally ill-mannered, making a city full of highbloods a hazardous place to live. Though he will try to fit in, it will eventually not pan out, and he will resolve to move to the outskirts of the city, building a new half-burrow hive near the coastal forest outside of the city (if this is allowed). During this time he will be forced to deal with bitterness, loneliness, the trauma experienced from the meta, and figuring out his feelings about loyalty to highbloods and the military. He will technically still frequent the city and coast (for supplies and some food), but will obviously not be able to do any of the looting he once partook in so freely when the city was in shambles.
Growth info: As far as appearances go, he'll basically have the hairstyle I initially designed, just a step up from his kid stage. As for clothes, I don't have anything super specific sketched out (sorry), but I would still like it to be inspired by the refs I had when designed him [x] and [x]. Maybe a little bit of armor, strings, straps, scrappy looking and worn out stuff. I'd like his expression to be neutral or vaguely displeased/unhappy/unimpressed. I'm also not sure what teen bases I have to choose from, so I'll look into that and edit this soon.
Weapon: Chain scythes (though since he is a teen i dont think he'll have these in his art yet)

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:16 pm
iStoleYurVamps
Trolls Journal: Here
Growth rp: sent a pm to mule, otherwise I want him to just have a 2spooky encounter that makes him get more into the supernatural hunter
Growth info: Hair, face scars are the same. larger/more 'menacing' horns/pointier if that makes sense? A half cloak over one arm w/ fur trim (king of like so but ending near his waist). Gothic CC mostly, boots w/ heels. Expression a cocky sort of smirk- he's grown into his fangs but they're still p prominent. (whispers maybe sneak a gerbil into his pocket rofl), started to emulate higher casts- necklace still there, add in a few rings, earring.
Weapon: N/A- teen stage. Unless he could have a whip in his art.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 am
Trolls Journal: dictys glauci is the greatest star ;D
Stage: kid > teen
Type: custom (?) under these rules
Growth rp: something post-summer meta, where dictys patches eir lusus up and resolves to ~*~*~save everyone~*~*~ by bankrolling them aw ye
Growth info:
I have a few requests -

• This is eir fabulous hairstyle.
  • dapper but punky
  • both a corset and breast binders
  • way way way too much jewelry - you know Dictys ;D
  • clothing should be BLACK AS SOLDIER'S SOUL with pops of blood color; very clean and elegant-looking (no lace or ruffles * m * )
  • runway fashion inspiration?
    [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] Na+H warrior
  • optional cape? should be simple, made of some heavy cloth rather than an overtly furry style

Weapon: n/a  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm
Trolls Journal: Forera Serpen :>!!
Stage: Kid > Teen!
Type: USD custom!
Growth rp: OHC Rehab participant!
Growth info: Art is already done! :>!!
Weapon: N/A

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Trolls Journal: Sinter Heilig
Stage: kid => teen
Growth rp: I was planning on using Sinter's participation in the winter meta as his growth RP. Fun times with Sinter coming to terms with his royalist affiliations after the adventure that was the summer meta.
Growth info: Here

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:48 am
Trolls Journal: Aandes LaMode
Stage: kid -> teen
Type: whatever works. if semi-custom, template 4. if not, slather on the sass.
Growth rp: I will be using the Parade ORP to grow Aandes.
Growth info: ALRIGHT, my apologies before hand for having to mostly describe this - I realized I haven't really drawn or redesigned Aandes' clothes in a really long time so I have nothing up to date.
User Image

If there's anything I don't mention you're welcome to use creative license! You have great designs ouo! Overall I'd like Aandes to be fashionable and sporty. I like the brown accents in his kid art a lot and would love to continue that and potentially add a neutral white chocolate color in addition to greys/blacks and his minty hemotyping! He's a shiny boy.

Aandes hair: cant lose the pomp/hawk! A little floofier in the front would be awesome. He retains his green highlight and if possible could his sides be dyed? If not that's fine; I've been playing with that on and off. He's a fashionable sort of dude and wears make-up, darkening his lips a touch and wearing a bit of eyeliner. In addition, his ice cream nib-nobs have started to twist into soft-serve a bit as he's grown (as seen in the image under the spoiler).

He wears a black leather motorcycle-style vest over his hoodie ((vest). Same color palette for his hoodie as his kid hoodie! The sleeves are full length now though. He wears slim, white chocolate colored jeans.Here's a man wearing jeans because why not he's workin' it. His symbol could be on his jacket or as a big patch on his sleeve!

Aandes wears motorcycle boots! Something that has straps or some sort of detail that he can have a bit more bling. It would be awesome if these could be black or dark grey with mint accents.Here's a simple pair. These have chains! NICE

Alrighty I think that's it!

Art & Growths

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces