Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply The Tales Series Guild
Guild Q&A and Feedback/Comments/Suggestions Sticky

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 am
If the forum rundown on the Guide still has you scratching your head and you're still unsure of where to post what you want to talk about, you're very much welcome to ask your questions here. I, or perhaps another mod, will answer to the best of our ability.

You're also free to ask about guild matters other than posting and making threads, as well as share your two cents on the way things are running and suggest things the mods or even the guild as a whole can do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:30 pm
Martell-Yggdrasill
Umm... where do I post contests? sweatdrop

Bringing it here in case anyone else has the same question. :3

I'd allow it in the main forum. I think it'd get more attention that way. 3nodding

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Straw Hat xKazuyax

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 am
When do i start rping ?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:32 pm
The Ice Stripper Gray
When do i start rping ?

Ah, were you under the impression that this is an RP guild? sweatdrop It's really meant to be all-around...mostly discussion. It's just that the RP threads are the most active these days. User Image

Anyway, have a look in the Roleplaying Forum for RPs you could possibly join---though I'm sorry to tell you some of them are full up. The only ones still open to new members at the moment are Tales of Symphonia: Aftershocks and Tales of Horrors.

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Straw Hat xKazuyax

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:18 pm
I know this is a discussion guild i meant in the rps do i wait for my profile to be viewed or wat  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:15 pm
The Ice Stripper Gray
I know this is a discussion guild i meant in the rps do i wait for my profile to be viewed or wat

You should fill out the profile, then contact the RP admin to see if they approve of it. If they approve the profile, you can usually post right away.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Straw Hat xKazuyax

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm
Evilweirdo 0
The Ice Stripper Gray

You should fill out the profile, then contact the RP admin to see if they approve of it. If they approve the profile, you can usually post right away.
i filled it out just didnt know that thank you for helping me  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:32 pm
Indeed.
(It's the universal response! Huzzah!)  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:41 pm
''And anything of "epic" proportions---attacks designed to decimate large amounts of enemies (if not affect everything on the field) or deal intense damage over a wide area of effect (if not the entire battlefield)---that's usually Mystic Arte material''

would any/all of the following spells would be considered mystic artes?

Nurse
Revitalize
Ray
Judgement
Meteor Swarm  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:02 pm
ShadeKyubi
''And anything of "epic" proportions---attacks designed to decimate large amounts of enemies (if not affect everything on the field) or deal intense damage over a wide area of effect (if not the entire battlefield)---that's usually Mystic Arte material''

would any/all of the following spells would be considered mystic artes?

Nurse
Revitalize
Ray
Judgement
Meteor Swarm

Hm, I think I need to rewrite that in better wording. Thanks for bringing it up.

The difference between those and Mystic Artes is that the latter has a more drastic effect than those.

Compare Nurse and Revitalize to the Mystic Arte version of Fairy Circle. All Nurse and Revitalize do is heal HP. Fairy Circle heals, cures status ailments, revives from KO and damages the enemy.

In terms of purely damaging Mystic Artes, those three spells you mentioned (Ray, Judgment, Meteor Swarm) don't qualify because even if they're pretty powerful and may be kind of hard to dodge, they're still dodgeable.

The key concept here is balance.

Spells can be fired off at any time, yes. However, they are lesser in power compared to Mystic Artes, can be stopped if the caster's concentration is broken, and are escapable.

Mystic Artes cannot be interrupted, can instantly KO opponents (or bring them pretty damn near, at least) or bring great benefits to your party, and are highly inescapable. BUT. They do not have the luxury of being able to be executed at any time. They're last resort moves. Things characters pull off only when they're surely on the verge of being defeated.

I hope that helped clear things up.

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 pm
Azura Cantarella

Hm, I think I need to rewrite that in better wording. Thanks for bringing it up.

The difference between those and Mystic Artes is that the latter has a more drastic effect than those.

Compare Nurse and Revitalize to the Mystic Arte version of Fairy Circle. All Nurse and Revitalize do is heal HP. Fairy Circle heals, cures status ailments, revives from KO and damages the enemy.

In terms of purely damaging Mystic Artes, those three spells you mentioned (Ray, Judgment, Meteor Swarm) don't qualify because even if they're pretty powerful and may be kind of hard to dodge, they're still dodgeable.

The key concept here is balance.

Spells can be fired off at any time, yes. However, they are lesser in power compared to Mystic Artes, can be stopped if the caster's concentration is broken, and are escapable.

Mystic Artes cannot be interrupted, can instantly KO opponents (or bring them pretty damn near, at least) or bring great benefits to your party, and are highly inescapable. BUT. They do not have the luxury of being able to be executed at any time. They're last resort moves. Things characters pull off only when they're surely on the verge of being defeated.

I hope that helped clear things up.

yeah it does; ty  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:38 pm
I have a question / suggestion!

I don't know about anyone else, but I like playing ZOMG -- and I especially like taking my cosplay avatars (like Alvin!) to ZOMG. Does anyone else here like to do that too? I'd love to have a meetup thread where we might be able to plan ZOMG get-togethers to crew up and play.

Admittedly, I'm not very high-level myself, so some planning besides "just show up" might be necessary. *rubs back of neck* Ehehe.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:49 pm
Jishin

I don't know about anyone else, but I like playing ZOMG -- and I especially like taking my cosplay avatars (like Alvin!) to ZOMG. Does anyone else here like to do that too? I'd love to have a meetup thread where we might be able to plan ZOMG get-togethers to crew up and play.

Admittedly, I'm not very high-level myself, so some planning besides "just show up" might be necessary. *rubs back of neck* Ehehe.

Aw man, I still like zOMG! but I feel as if I don't have time for it anymore. ;w; On the off chance I actually do someday, I'd love to play with you. smile I have a couple cosplay alts I'd be happy to bring out, but they're not high-level either. User Image

I really don't know myself if there's anyone else as interested, though. sweatdrop I'm kind of bumping this question up to see if it'll get more attention. Or maybe you could open up a general zOMG! topic in the Chatterbox and see who might be attracted?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:27 am
Azura Cantarella
Jishin

Aw man, I still like zOMG! but I feel as if I don't have time for it anymore. ;w; On the off chance I actually do someday, I'd love to play with you. smile I have a couple cosplay alts I'd be happy to bring out, but they're not high-level either. User Image

I really don't know myself if there's anyone else as interested, though. sweatdrop I'm kind of bumping this question up to see if it'll get more attention. Or maybe you could open up a general zOMG! topic in the Chatterbox and see who might be attracted?

I used to play it quite alot [mostly for Gold I admit; used to be that you'd find me hanging round the sawmill] it seems to wear me out pretty quickly nowdays though for some reason; that and the different timezones might make linking up a problem  

ShadeKyubi

Feral Shapeshifter

12,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:58 am
Azura Cantarella
ShadeKyubi

I have Alvin, and Kadota (from Durarara!!, has ZOMGed once or twice), and Reno, from FFVII, who I think I have never even taken to ZOMG. I should fix that! (My Tseng account got locked due to inactivity, darn it. I should make a new one ... )

I can understand getting worn out on it — I only play for short spurts. I've never gotten very far, mostly just to Bill's Ranch.  
The Tales Series Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games