Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:58 pm
It's been a while, your troll has experienced life, and they've changed as a person. Now one of their strengths or flaws no longer applies to them, or perhaps they've dropped a cherished hobby or picked up a new one that has deeply influenced them and their life. Maybe they've learned to deal with other trolls in a different way, or a shattering event has changed how they think about everything. Either way, their current profile is no longer accurate. What to do? Well, post your revisions here for staff approval!

Sometimes, trolls don't end up the way you planned them from the beginning. Sometimes, you they grow dramatically as characters through their roleplays (and we hope they do!). If you would like to edit your troll's journal to reflect this, please submit a form here so that we can approve your revisions. If your character is acting in a way that is not reflected in their journal, or has an unexpected change, you may be asked to submit a revision here.

Minor revisions such as spelling and grammar mistakes and sentence flow do not need to be submitted here. Additionally, your character's changing relationships, battle log, rp log, inventory and other information does not need to be submitted to this thread -- only information contained in the personality section, which includes interests, strengths and flaws.

If you want to make major changes that require a large rewrite of your entire profile, please make a new thread in this forum with [update] in the title, and link it here.

You may only change your troll's profile once every three months or if you have submitted an application to grow to the next stage.

[quote="Hivestuck"][b]Troll:[/b] Name linking to journal please!
[b]Growing:[/b] yes/no

[b]Old:[/b] Please quote the parts of the profile you are changing here.
[b]New:[/b] Please post the edited version here.

[b]Reason:[/b] Why are you changing this part of your troll?[/quote]

for large revisions
[quote="Hivestuck"][b]Troll:[/b] Name linking to journal please!
[b]Growing:[/b] yes/no

[b]New:[/b] link to update thread

[b]Reason:[/b] Why are you changing this part of your troll?[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:56 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Kursha
Growing: Not yet!

Old:
Quote:
Patient
“…”
Thanks to his Lusus' vigorous training regime, Kursha is able to sit in one spot completely still, for several hours without complaint. He has become quite adept at subduing any anxious tendencies and focusing in on the task at hand. He does not mind having to repeat himself, nor is he particularly bothered at having to wait up for someone – unless, of course, he suspects malicious intent.

Honest
“Jus[+] [+]rus[+] Me On [+]his.”
There is a very special level of troll-hell reserved for cheaters and liars. Cheating is a sign of weakness and weakness is unacceptable. Gossip is for thoughtless nobodies. Kursha is better than that. He would never stoop so low. Well... maybe not never. He is no stranger to lies by omission, particularly when engaging in the revenge routine. When it comes to revenge though, all bets are off - revenge is seriousness business after all. Acts of retaliation aside, Kursha is exceptionally trustworthy. And he always keeps his promises.

New:
Quote:
Improvisational
“Surprise A[+][+]ack, a*****e!”
Though Kursha likes to plan for everything, he tends to excel at on the fly thinking. He dislikes the idea of 'one solution' and rarely will he stick with his initial concept. Frequently when executing a plan he will alternate between several ideas, or come up with something new altogether. As a result, he is not easily thrown off balance, even when it seems like everything starts to go wrong, which of course it always does. Kursha is often unpredictable. He likes to keep his enemies on their toes.

Motivated
“I Won'[+] Qui[+] '[+]il I'm Done.”
Even without the ever watchful eyes of his lusus to spurr him on, Kursha is a highly driven troll. He knows what he wants - or at least he thinks he does - and he will stop at nothing to get it. He cannot stand to leave a task unfinished and will take great pains to see it through to completion. Completion is not enough however. Whatever task is at hand, Kursha will give his all. To avoid becoming overwhelmed, he tends to focus on one thing at a time.

---

New paragraphs in personality:

Despite this honest streak, Kursha is far from trustworthy. Though he does not like to lie outright, he is no stranger to lies by omission, particularly when engaging in the revenge routine. He will often bend the truth to manipulate others into a position that is favourable for him. However, if Kursha gives his word, swears on his honour, he will follow through no matter what. He takes his pledges very seriously. Unless it is a pledge of vengeance though, it can be difficult to extract any kind of promise from him.

Thanks to his Lusus' vigorous training regime, Kursha is able to sit in one spot completely still, for several hours without complaint. He has become quite adept at subduing any anxious tendencies and focussing in on the task at hand. Without a designated focus though, Kursha becomes restless. He likes to keep himself occupied, and if he is not, he will quickly find something to do. He prefers to get things done quickly and has little patience for idle prater.

Reason: I realised I was struggling to write Kursha with the previous strengths listed, particularly the honesty trait. It was contradicted so frequently in his pursuit of vengeance that it seemed pointless. I also noticed that Kursha had developed a short-temper. Let's face it: he's petty and petty does not equal patient. The opposite could be said, in fact. I don't know why I thought the two of those together.

Through RP I've realised that he has demonstrated an ability to think quickly on his feet, which I did not expect. The motivated trait should have been a strength from the get go, since I know how ambitious he is.

I have added and expanded upon his previous strengths in his personality section as shown above.

Approved by Sypon!

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:13 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Odette Cygnet
Growing: yes

New: Odette Cygnet 2— Revenge of the Swan Queen

Reason: Odette's been through a lot, and changed a lot too. The rebellion has tested her loyalty, patience, and anger. I wanted to elaborate on the reasons why Odette might be more angry, and talk more about her obsession with feeling important. Also, she's not sick all the time anymore, which needed to be taken out of the original wording. The old wording was pretty lengthy and well, old, too. I wanted to consolidate and update it. Hopefully everything important remained.

She also lost her lusus, moved hives, got a makeover, and got powers since the last time I looked at her profile, so that needed to be updated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:14 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Ganyma Callow
Growing: no

New: linky link

Reason: Ganyma grew up and has gone through a lot of s**t. In updating his kid profile I realized that a lot of what he thought and how he acted was out of date, and basically every section needed updating in some way.
Aprooooved by Ami :U

Sypon
Vice Captain

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:57 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Odette Cygnet

New: link :v

Reason: Odette's been through a lot, and changed a lot too. The rebellion has tested her loyalty, patience, and anger. I wanted to elaborate on the reasons why Odette might be more angry, and talk more about her obsession with feeling important. Also, she's not sick all the time anymore, which needed to be taken out of the original wording. The old wording was pretty lengthy and well, old, too. I wanted to consolidate and update it. Hopefully everything important remained.

She also lost her lusus, moved hives, got a makeover, and got powers since the last time I looked at her profile, so that needed to be updated.

resubmitting for another once-over!

Aprooooved by Ami :U  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:06 am
Hivestuck
Troll: Sinter Heilig
Growing: yes

Old:
Baby Personality
Taken at face-value, Sinter is quite the snob. He has very little tolerance for noisiness, messiness and unfounded optimism. However, despite being quite the smart and calculating child, it's pretty obvious Sinter is too young to understand what it actually means to be a mature grown-up, and is only playing up his own perception of adulthood. As hard as he tries to put up a cold façade, it's all-too easy to play to his youth and get him worked up--either into an indignant tantrum, or nattering excitedly about Fiduspawn cards. ("It's a game of STRATEGY and WITS.") He wants attention, but he's not sure what to do with it once he gets it, so he'll usually get embarrassed and back off in social situations.

For the most part, though, Sinter is kind of a huge downer. He resents how harmless he looks, and how his (very obvious, given his perpetually flushed face,) blood color gives everyone license to push him around. He doesn't trust people not to make fun of him and just assumes that everyone thinks he's a stupid dweeb. He puts on a show of being too mature to deal with the unwashed masses, but is actually quite lonely. The idea of being a high class socialite appeals to Sinter greatly, if only on an imaginary level, so he keeps himself clean and well-dressed.

Despite his skepticism, Sinter's opinions can often be swayed by his own desire to appear intelligent. If Sinter doesn't know what's going on, he won't admit to it, but will instead default to the opinion of whoever seems to be the most "in-the-know."

If Sinter does know what's going on, though, he'll tell you. Thoroughly.

New:
Teen Personality
Sinter plays the part of the diligent, subservient lowblood quite well. He abhors being looked down upon, but being the pragmatic redblood that he is, Sinter has come to embrace his status and make of it what he can. He covets the concept of high society and would jump at the chance to surround himself with trolls of wealth and status. He may find their collective misanthropy towards the lower castes distasteful, but if Sinter is to make himself heard, appealing to those in power is the most effective way to make a difference. Conflict is the real enemy.

While cautious by nature, Sinter isn’t a pushover. He’s careful to pick his battles, especially when dealing with highbloods. He isn’t above sneaking around to make sure things go his way. If his status is going to cause Sinter to be overlooked and blend in with the faceless masses, he may as well use it to his advantage and get work done behind the scenes. However, Sinter is proud and passionate, which gives him something of a temper. While Sinter consciously knows he should play nice with his superiors, he has a hell of a time keeping his mouth shut when someone is being stupid. The fact that Sinter’s blood obligates him to put up with incompetents all across the hemospectrum is a constant source of exasperation for him. If Sinter is going to be doing his best to make sure things run smoothly for other people, he feels he at least deserves not have his work meddled with.

That said, Sinter enjoys helping when asked, especially if it provides an opportunity for him to prove his skills to an audience. Though he’s shy in social situations, a little ego stroking goes a long way with Sinter. He’s generous with his time and resources and loves to play host to guests. If someone is kind to him, he’ll return the favor. If someone is rude, Sinter will spitefully “take the high road,” at them and respond with aggressive politeness and decorum. Sinter is nothing, if not principled.

At his worst, Sinter has extremely fragile self-esteem, which fuels his perfectionism, as well as his spitfire tendency to overcorrect when things go wrong. Preparation is Sinter’s number one priority, as his crisis-management skills are less than stellar. He’s thorough and exacting in his work, but easily frazzled by surprises. He’s very aware of these weaknesses and very sensitive about them. He’d like to improve in these areas, but that certainly doesn’t mean he wants to throw himself into dangerous situations. Asking for support from others is an even less appealing option. It’s bad enough that Sinter is aware of his flaws. He doesn’t want anyone else to know about them.

While Sinter’s pride can push him to achieve, it affects his social interactions and it’s very apparent when he’s outside of his comfort zone. He’s guarded and at times brusque, but at his core he’s a compassionate troll and genuinely wants to make his corner of Alternia a better place.

Reason: Sinter's strengths and flaws carry over to his teen stage pretty well, so it's just his personality section that needed updating. Sinter has become more subdued and focused since participating in all of the royalist/rebel shenanigans and learning how to interact with Tamiya.

Approved by Mea :3  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Name linking to journal please!
Growing: dun grown

Old:
Quote:
As a mid-blood (and fairly close to teal at that!), Aandes is in a handy position where he’s managed to skate by relatively easily – even in the high-class resort town where he resides. His lusus dotes upon him, and paired with the resort climate of Four Fronds (foregoing a few lowblood hunts in the woods, of course), Aandes’ fondness for the good life has made him rather spoiled. He spends beetles frivolously on ventures that he quickly loses interest in. In fact, if not for his love on taking advantage of others, he'd be as lazy as his lusus. He has a go-getter passion and zeal for his new efforts, but he’d rather scrap an idea and start from scratch than to put effort into fixing a clunker.

The only exception to this is his ice cream route, which Aandes has run without fail for as long as he could pedal his bicycle cart. His rather pronounced sweet-tooth lead to the young troll to acquiring an old five-wheel device – a junker resembling the front half of a bicycle and the back half of a four-wheeled cart, with an impressive amount of space for storage. His entrepreneurial attitude was sparked as soon as he put two and two together one balmy evening, and sought to make his delicacies the best new thing in Four Fronds since the Slinkies. He gets out on nice nights to ride around the lake and sell the stuff by the cone-ful, letting the rather haunting sound of his hand-made confectionary jingle alerters ring quite clearly.

Needless to say, Aandes’ childish efforts to make his own business have been rocky up until recently. When his night rides aren't so fruitful, Aandes can't help but indulge himself in his own surplus. If there's one thing Aandes has mastery over, it's identifying the quality and flavor palate of any frozen delicacy. He's tasted every flavor under the moon, and can't get enough. It's not the most useful skill outside of his hobby, but for what it's worth he's proud to represent his symbol through his talent.

At this point in his life, Aandes has a rather superficial stance on the Hemospectrum. He's not particularly interested in social change unless it benefits him, but since he's done pretty well for himself as it is he sees no need for any improvement. He figures if lowbloods want to get ahead, they just need to be smarter about it. He's rather unperturbed by abuses of power, and has a penchant for studying the way that highbloods throw their weight around and get results.

New:
Quote:
As a mid-blood (and fairly close to teal at that!), Aandes is in a handy position where he’s managed to skate by relatively easily – even in the high-class resort town where he resides. His lusus dotes upon him, and paired with the resort climate of Four Fronds (foregoing a few lowblood hunts in the woods, of course), Aandes’ fondness for the good life has made him rather spoiled. He prefers to stay out of trouble because he can, but frequently takes the ills of others for granted, preferring to take advantage of those less fortunate as well as benefiting from the hemospectrum.

As a child, Aandes ran an ice cream route for business. It was the only idea that he didn't scrap immediately, and while it didn't bring him the fame and glory he desired (but had an idea was too far to get from just being an ice cream peddler), gave him a strong sense of entrepreneurship. He has a go-getter passion and zeal for new efforts, and while he can get bored easily, his ambitions keep him going.

Aandes' night rides during his childhood has fostered a huge sweet tooth in the troll. If there's one thing Aandes has mastery over, it's identifying the quality and flavor palate of any frozen delicacy. He's tasted every flavor under the moon, and can't get enough. He doesn't get to use his talents frequently, but has an excellent sense of flavor and how to enhance any dish. It also makes him rather sick when he has to taste subpar food, pushing his preference of high-class living even further.

Aandes isn't supportive of the Hemospectrum, but he figures if lowbloods want to get ahead, they just need to be smarter about it. As he has grown up, Aandes has realized that he doesn't want to be a royalist or a rebel -- social change isn't something that he's particularly invested in if it doesn't positively affect him, and being a midblood he doesn't want to bother. His goals are self-centered, and he's happy to pull the string on either side to get his way. He's rather unperturbed by abuses of power, and has a penchant for studying the way that highbloods throw their weight around and get results.

Reason:Aandes has matured a lot - his reasons for doing things have solidified, and he's more grounded as a teen than as a kid.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:35 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Piperi Strato

New: Personality Section rewrite (personality only)

Reason:

While Pip hasn't had a ton of roleplay, I've been going through my journals in preparation to do massive updates, and noticed his personality section was extremely lackluster. The only thing I've done is rewrite it, nothing has changed really, but I felt the need to clarify a few things and consolidate/streamline the journal more. The old personality is in a spoiler beneath the one that's visible.

Approved by Sypon  

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:18 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Larque Skopos
Growing: already did

New: Personality and traits (old traits for reference)

Reason:
Not only did Larque grow, but he changed significantly between when I created his initial character and when I started RPing him. The change was pretty drastic, as nearly all of his traits have changed from the original application. His original personality blurb is in spoilers in his journal, and you can see his old traits in his quest profile. I also changed his weapon to something more suiting, but I did that before he grew to teen, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Approved by Sypon, though I might suggest amplifying his reserved/listener trait and distant trait or making them neutral traits instead! Currently they're not reading as effectively (and specifically positive/negative) as his other strengths/weaknesses, but are important parts of his personality.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:05 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Zeffer Siroco
Growing: grew a couple months back

New: Rehauled personality/traits

Reason: holy ******** this guy needed updates LOL i basically have not changed zeffer since the first profile he had *very bad* but since he's hit adult i've rewritten his personality and changed some of his traits to fit him better, yaaay. as usual, all of the old stuff is under spoilers below the new stuff for easy reference, i will remove and save it elsewhere once this is approved.

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 am
Hivestuck
Troll: Keionx Rutace
Growing: I started editing when she grew and it just took me forever to do this razz

New: X

Reason: World shattering stuff happened. Kei grew up HARD. Lots of character development and feels. Also, she sane-ed up a little. It was beautiful and it took me bloody forever.

approved by sypon
DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:51 am
Hivestuck
Troll:reginner

Old: Regina is not the suave and icy-calm queen that came before her. A tiny tangle of wild eyes, large grins and unkempt hair house a mind like a wickedly hooked dagger and a self confidence that could be used to smash through walls. Living for most of her life in complete obscurity in the deepest parts of the ocean, Regina spent her entire childhood working, plotting, and preparing for her rise to the top.

While dangerously short-tempered, she enjoys the company of other trolls, and loves nothing better than to show off through combat. Regina kicks at traditional queenly duties such as speeches and audiences, but she's also bright enough to recognize them as a necessary evil and can often be seen, slumped sullenly in her throne, looking bored out of her think pan, yet still trying to pay attention to the lecture being given her adviser.

Regina adheres to the blood caste with the smug satisfaction that only comes from being on the top. While she's not above using her position to kick around a hapless troll or two while she's bored, her flamboyant desire to impress others transcends the hemospectrum, and she'll chum up to any troll who gives her the admiration she looks for, regardless of blood colour. Of course, if they step out of line and act above their rank, she's not above slapping them down again.

New: Regina is not the suave and icy-calm queen that came before her. A tiny tangle of wild eyes, large grins and unkempt hair house a mind like a wickedly hooked dagger and a self confidence that could be used to smash through walls. Living for most of her life in complete obscurity in the deepest parts of the ocean, Regina spent her entire childhood working, plotting, and preparing for her rise to the top. She's a bit of a loose cannon because of her highly developed 'fight' instinct, and gets incredibly bored when she doesn't feel challenged or engaged. This in turn ends with her trying to place herself in situations where she does get the stimulation she needs, often at the cost of other troll's safety, health, and mental well being as well as her own.

While dangerously short-tempered, she craves the company and attention of other trolls, and loves nothing better than to show off through combat. She also enjoys forging and fostering complicated relationships, eagerly baiting and pushing other trolls with the goal of becoming the dominant personality in their life. Aware that a lot of trolls view her with loaded preconceptions, and that most lowbloods blame her for all of their problems, Regina sees it as simply easier to encourage black feelings. She finds power over other trolls in her ability to draw strong emotions out of them, and thrills from it. Nothing annoys the queen more than trolls who are calm and collected, or weak willed and submissive, while nothing thrills her more than trolls that push her physically and mentally, who show her (possibly grudging) respect for who she is, while also retaining their own strong personality.

Regina kicks at traditional queenly duties such as speeches and audiences, but she's also bright enough to recognize them as a necessary evil and can often be seen, slumped sullenly in her throne, looking bored out of her think pan, yet still trying to pay attention to the lecture being given her adviser. While she'll play along with being the distant ruler, more often she is out in the streets, wearing some sort of disguise to allow her to witness society up close. Although she is completely aware of the essential barrier of blood and power that divide her from the rest of society, she is an eager observer of the world of the everyday that she will never truly be accepted into.

As expected, the queen adheres to the blood caste with the smug satisfaction that only comes from being on the top. While she's not above using her position to kick around a hapless troll or two while she's bored, Regina's flamboyant desire to impress others transcends the hemospectrum, and she'll chum up to any troll who gives her the admiration she looks for, regardless of blood colour. The queen is a firm believer in rewarding trolls for ambition, and while she will inherently give higher blooded trolls a starting advantage, she will also dole out favours and power to lowbloods that stand out and earn their place. The one thing that Regina is the most critical and harsh of is weakness in her own caste. As the 'top seadweller' and 'top purpleblood' she sees herself as the one who holds responsibility over the lesser nobility, and will turn on any who display the weak will and helplessness of a lowblood. Of course, if any troll steps out of line and act above their rank without earning her respect, she's not above slapping them down again.

Reason: Now regina's got MORE WORDS TO EXPRESS HER PERSONALITY
yes ok fine  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Aprife Invasi
Growing: No

New: Link

Reason: A lot has happened since his profile was first written nearly four years ago, he's grown as a character, some strengths and flaws and views have changed, and some previous traits were simply inapplicable due to physical restraints. This is a much needed update.

ami stamp of ok!
saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:03 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Aerona, Aandes, Tamiya
Growing: Aerona's growing!

New: Linky-loo (they're all in one thread)

Reason:GROWTHS! Jeez these trolls have been dusty. They've all been through a few metas and had still been written for kid stage rather than teen, so they just needed a big overhaul to their profiles.

boodle woodle hap hap cla pclap  

Sypon
Vice Captain

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:13 pm
Hivestuck
Troll: Didero Salons
Growing: yep~

New: Here-o

Reason: Didero started out as really gung-ho and fearless. That didn't work out so great for the little guy, so as a teen he's become a touch more cautious and withdrawn. His strengths used to focus a lot on how STOKED Didero was ALL THE TIME so I mellowed out the language there.

Application Quests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff