Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Decided to make my first Samhain Meal this Year

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:35 pm
And I need Ideas on what to make. I'm going to be making the whole thing so I could use any and all suggestions on what to make.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm
Food
Food at Samhain tends to be heavy on meat, because of its' proximity to the culling of animals for winter food. Root vegetables also play an important part in this feast. Often charms of particular symbols or significance were hidden inside a loaf of bread or other dish to act as a divination for the coming year.
• red wine, cider, spirits to toast the dead
• roasted meats - venison, poultry, pork, beef, mutton
• root vegetables - potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips
• cabbage
• apple dishes
• pomegranates
• hearty stews and soups
• heavy, dark breads  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:52 pm
Morgandria
Food
Food at Samhain tends to be heavy on meat, because of its' proximity to the culling of animals for winter food. Root vegetables also play an important part in this feast. Often charms of particular symbols or significance were hidden inside a loaf of bread or other dish to act as a divination for the coming year.
• red wine, cider, spirits to toast the dead
• roasted meats - venison, poultry, pork, beef, mutton
• root vegetables - potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips
• cabbage
• apple dishes
• pomegranates
• hearty stews and soups
• heavy, dark breads
Oh my this sounds like a varitable feast of delights, thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:27 pm
Since it's about honoring the dead- what about fixing a dead person's favorite food?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 pm
Black Death Goddess
And I need Ideas on what to make. I'm going to be making the whole thing so I could use any and all suggestions on what to make.

I am making chicken and corn rivel soup and baked apples. Both are very good dishes and I would highly recommend them! ^_^

I am also making a fun alcoholic drink. It is really easy to make. Put apple cider, cinnamon sticks and cubed apples into a pot and let it come to a boil. When it comes to a boil turn off your heat. Pour it into a mug or cup. Add red wine and vodka. Mix well. I would highly recommend this too (if you are 21 or older of course).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:18 pm
HorsesOfTheNight
Black Death Goddess

I am making chicken and corn rivel soup and baked apples. Both are very good dishes and I would highly recommend them! ^_^

I am also making a fun alcohlic drink. It is really easy to make. Put apple cider, cinnamon sticks and cubed apples into a pot and let it come to a boil. When it comes to a boil turn off your heat. Pour it into a mug or cup. Add red wine and vodka. Mix well. I would highly recommend this too (if you are 21 or older of course).
I'm 31 so I can drink and thanks for the recipe  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm
HorsesOfTheNight
I am also making a fun alcoholic drink. It is really easy to make. Put apple cider, cinnamon sticks and cubed apples into a pot and let it come to a boil. When it comes to a boil turn off your heat. Pour it into a mug or cup. Add red wine and vodka. Mix well. I would highly recommend this too (if you are 21 or older of course).
That sounds fun. I'll have to write that down for next year(not quite 21 yet).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:24 pm
Esiris
Since it's about honoring the dead- what about fixing a dead person's favorite food?
That actually sounds good I think I'll make one of their fav dishes when alive. Thanks for that!  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:24 pm
Black Death Goddess
HorsesOfTheNight
Black Death Goddess

I am also making a fun alcohlic drink. It is really easy to make. Put apple cider, cinnamon sticks and cubed apples into a pot and let it come to a boil. When it comes to a boil turn off your heat. Pour it into a mug or cup. Add red wine and vodka. Mix well. I would highly recommend this too (if you are 21 or older of course).

Then I would definately try the drink!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm
HorsesOfTheNight
Black Death Goddess
HorsesOfTheNight
Black Death Goddess

Then I would definately try the drink!
Will do! wink  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
HorsesOfTheNight
That sounds fun. I'll have to write that down for next year(not quite 21 yet).

It is a fun drink. It is perfect for a cold, autumn day.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm
HorsesOfTheNight
It is a fun drink. It is perfect for a cold, autumn day.
That's what I was figuring and why I said next year. I turn 21 end of March.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 am
Ooh, all of these sound so yummy ^^
I don't know that I can add anything here...except perhaps apple pie? :3  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games