Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bento District

Back to Guilds

If you're a foodie who prizes creative plate presentation, this is the place for you :3 

Tags: bento, food, lunch, recipe, cute 

Reply District Food for Thought
=Guild Chat Discussion= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When would be the most convenient for you to log on for a chat meet up?
  Weekday, AM
  Weekday, Afternoon
  Weekday, PM
  Weekend, AM
  Weekend, Afternoon
  Weekend, PM
  I can choose more than one of these as my best availability (please post!)
  I'm not sure / Can't commit to a specific time
View Results

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am
I've just purchased the guild chat! I'm not sure how it works yet, but we have it! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm
Just saw the little announcement~ How exciting

Were we thinking once a month for themed discussions?  

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

Samuel Beal

Married Husband

8,050 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:51 pm
I think this would be epic and awesome. =) I can't wait to see a link so I can join up.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Waho! We did it! Sorry about that, I'm just so glad we made our goal!

As far as when I'm available to chat, I can chat just about anytime except most Sundays. But mostly early in the morning or late at night, I'm an insomniac so I'm on the computer a lot. That's usually when I check on my two guilds, though there's not much traffic. crying  

Yuki Akina

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:14 pm
Duo-chan_in_wonderland
Just saw the little announcement~ How exciting

Were we thinking once a month for themed discussions?

I heard no objections, so I think this is the plan for now! Once I gather more info on District member availability I can figure out when our first meeting will be!

Marisol Hawkes
I think this would be epic and awesome. =) I can't wait to see a link so I can join up.

You should actually be able to join at any time via the guild home menu!
User Image

I'll post that on the first post as well to help people find it 3nodding Please feel free to give it a try with other members and let me know how it works!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:19 pm
Yuki Akina
Waho! We did it! Sorry about that, I'm just so glad we made our goal!

As far as when I'm available to chat, I can chat just about anytime except most Sundays. But mostly early in the morning or late at night, I'm an insomniac so I'm on the computer a lot. That's usually when I check on my two guilds, though there's not much traffic. crying

Thanks for the congrats! I'm really hoping this pans out to a good decision for the guild mrgreen I'd love some more interaction, and I think this might be just the thing!  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:41 pm
In general PM are best as I usually work the morning shift and am home by latest of 7:30. If I work a night or closing shift, I will do my best to attened, as my break is an hour long. Weekends are good, becasuse very rarely do i work the closing shift. Hope that helps.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:07 pm
glad the 11k i put in pushed us over the edge. -w-

that said, my schedule leaves me only free in the evenings, eastern standard time. weekends are more variable, but i usually reserve that time for homework, cooking and errands, so the most regular time i'd be available is nights, all week.

as for themed chats, holidays seem to be popular, and perhaps we could plan a weekly topic for a specific day, like leftovers and cheapo bentos.

that said, i'm kind of expecting this to be along the lines of an irc chat, with everyone logging in whenever they have time. it'll probably prove to be an interesting mix of people, -w-

Chocofreak13

Aged Gaian

10,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hygienic 200

Duo-chan_in_wonderland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 pm
Well I think the next three (at least) months themes will be fairly obvious 'Halloween/Thanksgiving leftovers/Christmas/New Years' Then probably working in general autumn and winter ideas/seasonal foods. Not saying thats what has to happen.... but those seem like easy things to go with given all the holidays coming up.

That being said.... I have classes most afternoons/evenings a week, with Fridays and weekends off. I can also be on during the late evening/night because I often stay up late after I come home.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:03 am
my classes are ending this week, if anyone's around to chat. :3

now if only the notices could be programmed to alert me to new guild posts so i'd remember to come here..... >>;

Chocofreak13

Aged Gaian

10,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hygienic 200

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:09 pm
I forgot to mention in the announcement, but I'll be hanging out in the guild chat while I'm online caroling and such for xmas items 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm
Oof, almost a year since the last post here. Has anyone made use of the GC as a hangout spot yet? Do we want to have any holiday meet ups?  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:21 pm
Duo-chan_in_wonderland Wrote:
Thats fantastic! And no, I havent ever heard of either of them... really falling out of the loop as far as manga and anime since I started school last year.

If there are more than one or two, maybe you could compile a list in the OP and we can all use it as a reference guide? A 'Cooking Mangas/Animes' list would be excellent I think. Plus it would give us another thing to talk about during the monthly guild chats if that ends up panning out.  
District Food for Thought

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff