Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bento District

Back to Guilds

If you're a foodie who prizes creative plate presentation, this is the place for you :3 

Tags: bento, food, lunch, recipe, cute 

Reply District Food for Thought
=Guild Chat Discussion= Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When would be the most convenient for you to log on for a chat meet up?
  Weekday, AM
  Weekday, Afternoon
  Weekday, PM
  Weekend, AM
  Weekend, Afternoon
  Weekend, PM
  I can choose more than one of these as my best availability (please post!)
  I'm not sure / Can't commit to a specific time
View Results

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:39 pm
This is the place to discuss all topics regarding guild cha; pro's, con's, suggestions? I thought a themed monthly chat might be nice mrgreen but what do you think?

Our Goal is Reached!!
Thanks so much to all who helped out!

Make friends with your district members and join our private chat space! Not sure how? On the guild home page, click the link on the right side of the menu:
User Image

Give it a try and let us know how it is here!

wahmbulance GC Hot Topics;
arrow How often would you like to have themed chats?
arrow What subjects would you like to talk about?
arrow Do you think there should be any moderators or "chat staff"? Why or why not?
arrow What time is most convenient for you to come on? Mornings, afternoons. evenings... Weekdays or weekends? (And what time zone are you?)

Answering these questions will help further the process towards creating awesome monthly guild meet ups 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 am
OMG! Yes please I'll donate more money and make my other avi's join and donate! We could have monthly chats based on the seasons/up coming holidays for ideas for bentos! I would love to help out with it any way that I can. Just let me know what you need. heart  

Yuki Akina

Freya of the Mistwolves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:25 am
Konichi wa! Yes please, this could be a lot of fun for all of us to do as a Guild!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:40 pm
I'd donate within my abilities. Start up a track of 'how much we have/total' I'll do my best to contribute. I may use it. The thread's been a bit of a ghost town lately.

I'll even pull out a few zOMG runs to help raise gold.

I think the seasonal/monthly bento discussion could awesome.  

koi19

Wheezing Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Yuki Akina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:51 am
So is there a deadline for the donations?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 pm
There isn't a deadline for the donations, we'll be getting there when we get there! whee I'll try to keep all pertinent thread news in the first post!

I'm glad you guys agree, I think it would breathe a breath of fresh are along these district streets and get some traffic moving through! heart  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Yuki Akina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am
Sir3n Song
wahmbulance While we're all here;
arrow How often would you like to have themed chats?
arrow What kind of things would you like to talk about?
arrow Do you think there should be any moderators or "chat staff"?

For the themed chats it depends on if there are any major holidays, otherwise maybe once or twice a month?
Hmmm, things to talk about? Well, we could talk about different seasonal foods, holiday related bentos and accessories, seasonal/holiday themed bentos, recipies?, etc.
I think there should be moderators/chat staff, also I would like to be one redface . What would the requirements be? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 am
Yuki Akina

For the themed chats it depends on if there are any major holidays, otherwise maybe once or twice a month?
Hmmm, things to talk about? Well, we could talk about different seasonal foods, holiday related bentos and accessories, seasonal/holiday themed bentos, recipies?, etc.
I think there should be moderators/chat staff, also I would like to be one redface . What would the requirements be? sweatdrop

Those are some good starting idea's for themed chats 3nodding

I'm curious, 1)Why do you think there should be moderators and why do you think you should be one? What do you think you could bring to the table cool  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Yuki Akina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Sir3n Song
Yuki Akina

Those are some good starting idea's for themed chats 3nodding

I'm curious, 1)Why do you think there should be moderators and why do you think you should be one? What do you think you could bring to the table cool

We might not need the moderators, our guild is pretty well behaved, but I think chat staff could keep things on topic and if need be act as moderators. As for me well, I don't like when people break the rules and I'd love to do more for this guild. And things I can bring to the table are: I love problem solving, I know much of the basics of cooking and could offer some help there, and just in general I would like to be more involved. sweatdrop I also have multiple avi's that can earn more money for the guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:41 pm
We're just a bit closer now!  

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Yuki Akina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 pm
Sir3n Song
We're just a bit closer now!

Yay! We're almost there!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 pm
Sir3n Song

I'm glad you guys agree, I think it would breathe a breath of fresh are along these district streets and get some traffic moving through! heart

Do we donate directly to the guild or to you? I've heard you can't use gold donated directly to a guild which is why most have a specific guild mule but this one doesn't seem to have one...

Also, I haven't seen any staff around here. Unless some are going to be added soon, I don't really see the point of a staff chat. confused

But back to my first topic - I just did a zOMG run and racked up 10k [5 times more than I was going for sweatdrop ] as soon as I get a response to donate.

And, have you considered advertising? I [briefly] worked for Gaiazine and they get a fair amount of user traffic. Advertisements cost depend on the size you want and you have to have graphics or a sign ready actally it seems they now provide graphics for your size at a higher price but... yeah...  

koi19

Wheezing Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sir3n Song
Captain

Beloved Conventioneer

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:09 pm
koi19
Sir3n Song

Do we donate directly to the guild or to you? I've heard you can't use gold donated directly to a guild which is why most have a specific guild mule but this one doesn't seem to have one...

Also, I haven't seen any staff around here. Unless some are going to be added soon, I don't really see the point of a staff chat. confused

But back to my first topic - I just did a zOMG run and racked up 10k [5 times more than I was going for sweatdrop ] as soon as I get a response to donate.

And, have you considered advertising? I [briefly] worked for Gaiazine and they get a fair amount of user traffic. Advertisements cost depend on the size you want and you have to have graphics or a sign ready actally it seems they now provide graphics for your size at a higher price but... yeah...

First and foremost, thank you for your kind patronage! I very much appreciate you raising that kind of gold to donate 3nodding heart

As far as advertizing goes, I have a thread for district donated guild graphics and a recruiting ad in the "guild Charter and Barter" forums. I haven't looked into Gaiazine yet, but thank you for bringing it to my attention! Definitely a plus that they include graphics in their ads.

Regarding staff, I brought that up not to have a staff specific chat, but whether or not anybody thinks we should have more than one person be in charge of moderating discussion. Currently, it's just me. I think we're a well behaved enough group of people so we wouldn't need as much looking after as lets say the Chatterbox in terms of people being decent to one another, but it might be nice to have others help stimulate conversation and guild morale 4laugh

With donations, for the chat feature you would donate directly towards the guild. We do indeed have a guild mule, but I guess she's not as well publicized as she needs to be sweatdrop I'll fix that by adding her to the guild home page. If you want to donate gold or items for future prizes in guild events, etc it would be best to donate them to the mule. For guild features such as chat or new subforums you would donate directly to the guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 am
Sir3n Song

With donations, for the chat feature you would donate directly towards the guild. We do indeed have a guild mule, but I guess she's not as well publicized as she needs to be sweatdrop I'll fix that by adding her to the guild home page. If you want to donate gold or items for future prizes in guild events, etc it would be best to donate them to the mule. For guild features such as chat or new subforums you would donate directly to the guild.

Oh, I didn't know how it worked. That makes sence. Thanks, it's good to know for my guilds.  

Yuki Akina

Chocofreak13

Aged Gaian

10,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 am
not like i have much else to do with my gold. i'll just have to make an effort to get on gaia more now that my computer's dead. ^^;  
District Food for Thought

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff