Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Prophetic Dreams? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:02 pm
I've been having some interesting points keep coming up in my dreams that ended up happening... Some are predicted weeks before they happen, while others are same day things... Mine are normally social situations about to change or self related events (Nothing like disasters... my sister has those*)

I had a dream recently where I had more money than expected... and that week I got paid a day extra and was allowed to keep it...

Other times I'll be talking to someone in my dreams, and they'll suddenly stop acknowledging me... When I bring it up later they say things like "That won't happen, don't worry about it" and a few weeks later I can't get a hold of them.

Anyone else experience the same thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:09 am
Somewhat.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 am
No, but one summer I had deja-vu every day for at least a month. At first it was kinda cool, but then it got annoying lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:59 pm
i have deja vu all the time xD  

neko-mata-01

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:23 pm
i do. mine are a hell of a lot more precise if not warped though ><

for example, last year........i think july, i had this dream. it was really creepy, black and white, deserted, stuff like that. anyways i walk up this tree lined path to a building with what i thought was a porch at the time. it had like 6 doors across the front all closed. I stop walking and stand by this post about the middle and turn (for some reason) to look across the street. And over the tree line I see this huge a** clock face on a building.
cant really describe it much as it was a year ago. but anyways, that october my mother tells me the family and i are going to sea world down in........i think florida. now mind you, i've never been to this sea world. ever. and had no knowledge of the trip when i had this dream. but we were walking down a path in sea world and im waiting outside the bathrooms looking at this postcard reel when some noise brings my attention across the path. yeah i bet ya know what comes next xd anyways, i see the exact same building, even telling the same time standing in the exact same spot, and i had even done the same actions as i did in the dream. and of course, like all these dreams, for a split second, the whole world transforms into the dream. apprently i cant tell enough on my own my mind needs to give me a nudge.......
i picked this fairly creepy dream cuz its one of the few dreams that gave me for than 2 seconds. i got a whole 13!! lol. anyways, point being, no you're not alone.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 am
Leeches in my peaches
I've been having some interesting points keep coming up in my dreams that ended up happening... Some are predicted weeks before they happen, while others are same day things... Mine are normally social situations about to change or self related events (Nothing like disasters... my sister has those*)

I had a dream recently where I had more money than expected... and that week I got paid a day extra and was allowed to keep it...

Other times I'll be talking to someone in my dreams, and they'll suddenly stop acknowledging me... When I bring it up later they say things like "That won't happen, don't worry about it" and a few weeks later I can't get a hold of them.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

I used to have these kinds of dreams. Mostly when I was younger, but they are starting to come back as I've grown older. Usually, in these dreams, I am shown where items are that are, or will be lost. My family and friends used to ask me how I knew where to look, but when I tried to explain, they thought I was lying and figured I'd been using common sense.

I do have dreams, however, of other happenings. Such as my brother moving back in, or my grandmother passing away (It doesn't seem like it when I first explain it sometimes, but I assure you, it would be considered a prophetic dream of sorts. With the help of said grandmother, of course). Most of the time, what I dream doesn't happen right away.

Actually, a few years back I had a dream about an entire day spent at my friend and her husband's house. We were playing a game in the dream; laughing, joking, and I had a boyfriend! (though, I couldn't see his face) and I didn't even know the man who would be my friend's hubby. I had this dream about 3-4 years ago. Just about a month has passed since this day in my dream actually occurred.

If you need advice on certain dreams you believe, or have already been proven to be actual occurrences, don't hesitate to ask me. I will do my best to help.  

Kings Stray Clarissabelle

Lonely Scamp

20,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
  • Magical Gems 500

Desire the Endless

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 am
neko-mata-01
i have deja vu all the time xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 am
Yours seem to be very symbolic, but mine are pretty cut and dry. My dreams are exactly what happens during the moment of which I am dreaming, no symbolism or anything, just like watching a film of a little bit in the future. Honestly, I'd prefer the symbolism so it is at least interesting to figure out why I have seen this town I've never been to in the Caribbean before -_- However, it is useful to have the exact procedure laid out at times, because then I know layouts and such before even going or looking at information about a place. I don't do so well with interactions between me and others, though, I can never pick up that part in the dreams. Ah well. Interesting to see so many of us share this experience.  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Desire the Endless

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 am
Allsixcolours
Yours seem to be very symbolic, but mine are pretty cut and dry. My dreams are exactly what happens during the moment of which I am dreaming, no symbolism or anything, just like watching a film of a little bit in the future. Honestly, I'd prefer the symbolism so it is at least interesting to figure out why I have seen this town I've never been to in the Caribbean before -_- However, it is useful to have the exact procedure laid out at times, because then I know layouts and such before even going or looking at information about a place. I don't do so well with interactions between me and others, though, I can never pick up that part in the dreams. Ah well. Interesting to see so many of us share this experience.

I have the vision thing too -- like a little strip of film, a fragmentary moment. However, not all of my dreams end up coming true, and sometimes it's a year or two, or longer, before it actually happens, and I'm just like "holy s**t, I totally dreamed this way before." So I can't just say, "Oh, this is going to happen," because I'm never sure which dream is actually a vision of a future moment. Weird a** s**t, but I like to think it means I'm more in touch with the universe or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:41 am
MikePlusPlus
No, but one summer I had deja-vu every day for at least a month. At first it was kinda cool, but then it got annoying lol.
I feel yeah there. It was cool at first because I thought I could see the future, but after a while, it was just annoying and I wanted to just sleep for once.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:51 am
I'm starting to think that perhaps a majority of people are born with some form of vision, future sight, or clairvoyance.

My only known dream to come true was in the 1st grade in which I saw with who I was going to partnered up with as we separated into groups of 5 or 6. I go to school the next day and it's exactly the same. Same clothes, same time, same eerie feeling, same people I didn't know at all, etc. I figured I have a gift and left it be. Sadly, now I only have Deja-Vu a lot.

What really makes me wary about that day wasn't the fact I saw it coming, but rather that I wasn't the only one who had the dream. Three of the members in my group claimed they had the same dream. I also find it interesting that in the "vision", the dream ends exactly before anyone could say anything.

Life is one hellvuabox of tricks.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 pm
(( i noticed that after i stopped believing schools s**t about seeing things in your dreams are just 'dreams' that i had more and more dreams of the past future and ...weird stuff that clues me in on certin things...))
i had these dreams were i was watching myself dreaming ((hard to explain at first.....))
but then i woke up and screamed as loud as i could...after my family rushing in i was still screaming in a corner and was not about to stop so they wanted to take me to a hosptal but i refused saying take me to Jordans ((my bf)) and they did thats when i saw what made me scream a big scary Demon was right by my head whispering things to me...((thats not the end but the rest isent important...))
Funny thing is i told my bf about this dream and what the demon looked like and he said he had seen this demon around his best freind alot.....and i was talking to his freind and i told him about this ((he moved)) he told me to eat apples because his demon had come to me because i had takin on the task of protecting my town from ((or i am trying)) evil entites. O_O....scared i did as told and stopped having these dreams...but i am still trying to purify my town Q_Q its harder then it seemed...  

Nero-gataki

Dangerous Gekko

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Gender Swap 100

Beelzebunz

Tipsy Poster

6,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 am
I actually don't have prophetic dreams, which I think is strange because my grandmother, mother and both of my brothers do have them. They also see ghosts and demons while I cannot. I have had dreams about them, but I have never seen one outside of my dreams. I really don't think these dreams are brought on for any importance other than personal things either. They all say that it is really a blessing and it probably has something to do with my connection with god, I guess it is a comforting thought. Really I am am probably like the most unorthodox Christian ever, I have read the bible all the way through, and I really can't believe a good majority of it's contents. I really hate people who just rely on blind faith(Most christians I know hardly ever crack open the damn book.) Once you start doubting the bible at all, it looses all of it's credibility. It's really a religion based on Occultism, lies and a whole lot of ignorance. I actually believe that as people form their own realities, they give power to their beliefs, especially religious ones. So in a sense, I believe in everything, but I know that there is also no truth. I'm a big believer in the philosophy that we know everything and nothing, because we alone make up the realities of our existence. The only dream that I can consider prophetic was one that played out the next mornings events exactly as they were going to happen, but that morning was pretty normal, so the dream was really unimportant.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:35 am
Patron-Saint of Poppycock

Did i ever tell you you are AWESOME lol i agree with you and half my family does to we have had bad expirences with the churchs and now rather then following we have ...you know i shouldent say we cuz i dont ive gone off into other things...ok they have got a concordence...((i think thats how you spell it)) they told me that there is like 3 to 4 different meanings to certin words and it all in the way you choose to see it... smile but i agree with you i dont think many people see anything in the bible but something to put all their problem/blame for their problems on the bible or 'god' >.< my grama reads the bible and i dont think she sees a hole lot....>.> she is a hard-core beleiver..  

Nero-gataki

Dangerous Gekko

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Gender Swap 100
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers