Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Looking for Students Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smitten Impetuous fknnrd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:09 pm
In the past I've taught various people the different things I know - tarot, Wicca, energy working, for the most part, but I know about other things too - but I hadn't done so for quite a while until now. I recently started teaching someone whom I thought would be a promising student but yet turned out to refuse to study for tests and so we've gotten nowhere. Because of this I've gotten in the spirit of teaching again and would like to take on students. I will most likely be giving you assignments to do on your own and every so often a test to make sure you remember what I've taught you so that we can move on. If you would like to learn from me, please fill out this form and PM it to me or post it here (PMs will probably be responded to quicker).
Note: I may not take on every person that asks as a student, so you may be turned down.

Name you would like to go by:
What you would like to be taught: (tarot, Wicca, energy working, or something else)
Past experience with this field:
How often you're available online:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:55 am
Question: What exactly is energy working?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Smitten Impetuous fknnrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 pm
The energy working that I am talking about teaching is learning how to control your energy and doing different things with it such as shielding or making psi balls.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:41 pm
What exactly are your qualifications for teaching? How long have you been reading Tarot, doing energy, practicing Wicca? Can you vouch for your Wiccan initiatory lineage?  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 pm
If I was more talented and more focused, I would take that energy working.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm
AniMajor
What exactly are your qualifications for teaching? How long have you been reading Tarot, doing energy, practicing Wicca? Can you vouch for your Wiccan initiatory lineage?

I don't know what you want me to answer as for what qualifications I have. I've been reading tarot and studying Wicca for about two and a half years, doing energy for about two. I am a Solitary Wiccan so I am not part of a lineaged coven.

Cain Elite
If I was more talented and more focused, I would take that energy working.

Never know about talent until you try, but the focus part is important. Focus is something a lot of people have to learn, though. If you ever change your mind, feel free to PM me. ^^  

Smitten Impetuous fknnrd

Grey Jedi Knight

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:46 pm
there is a saying... "he who speaks much knows little... He whom speaks not knows much"

It means that when you are ready to be a teacher that the student will apear before you, but on till then you best spend our time studing more and learning.

If you are asking to be some ones teacher then you are not ready to be one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:21 pm
Angel_Asuan
there is a saying... "he who speaks much knows little... He whom speaks not knows much"

It means that when you are ready to be a teacher that the student will apear before you, but on till then you best spend our time studing more and learning.

Precisely.

For what it's worth, second-years are usually called sophomores for a reason-- wise fools.

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm
She's just offering to share what she knows, guys, not stipulating that she's the be-all and end-all of occult philosophy. I'm a little wary of internet-teachers, especially when it comes to something as open-to-interpretation as the occult, but some folks just get along with their practices and studied when they've got someone to teach them - even if that teacher isn't The Most Awesome Teacher Ever.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:18 am
Name you would like to go by: Vittoria
What you would like to be taught: I'm interested in everything. I would like to start with tarot though. I've been stuck on it for a while.
Past experience with this field: I've read some books, I have a Rider-Waite deck but I really would appreciate some discourse about it.
How often you're available online: Most days for about 4-5 hours in the evening or early morning EST  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:01 pm
Yami_No_Requiem

I kind of agree with you there. But, on the other hand, there is another saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." So, whereas she could be going against the philosophy of one saying, she could actually be fulfilling the other one.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm
Name you would like to go by:Maeve.
What you would like to be taught: Energy-Working.
Past experience with this field: None.
How often you're available online: I'm on a lot so you don't have to worry about inactivity. :3

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:16 pm
Yami_No_Requiem

Well, that is kind of silly I think. While I doubt that someone studying on a subject for two and a half years is the best qualified to be a teacher there are plenty of people who are very intelligent who speak a lot. The more I learn the more I like to talk to and help others about and with my knowledge. I think the point of knowledge is to share it, even when it is just budding. I respect anyone who wants to share knowledge. Just don't put down those people who want to help others.

Rustig

I think you put it best! Just wanted to let you know.

QuirkQueen

I am interested in learning some of the things you know, though I much prefer a dynamic of equals, not student-teacher. I have done energy work and tarot reading. I am not Wiccan.
If you aren't interested in discussion than good life to you, have fun teaching others. Never stop learning. :3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 pm
When I see posters bash on teachers, I see snobs. You people miss the point of a teacher,
Quote:
teach·er   [tee-cher]
noun
a person who teaches or instructs, especially as a profession; instructor.

That does not imply master of all occult, that simply means they wish to TEACH. You do not see a kindergarden grade teacher, teaching university level works.

She's teaching what she knows and the least you people can do is respect that rather than bash her.

Finally, it's the internet, the idea that someone will randomly pm her to get taught is slim to unlikely. (despite that happened to me but thats only because I've been around for a few years and the topic came up so even then, it was almost forced on)

A teacher simply instructs, she doesn't have to teach everything, she could only teach basics from what she knows or even everything of what she knows. The occult is one of the most dynamic methods of learning as it's not strict like math or perhaps English with sentence structures.
When in doubt, a student has google.  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 am
Name i go by: BB
I'm interested in: i've been interested in tarot for years and am hoping to get a thoth deck (i know a lot of people prefer the raider-white deck but i like the thoth. And yes, i botched his name) i'm also interested in learning about wicca
Experience: with wicca, none. With tarot i had a childs kind of souviner deck(not a full deck) in a book and it went over like how the words and pictures were meaningful and i think it did an overview of how to do a reading.
Time on: i'm on most the time. But i'm prone to sudden abscences/groundings/vacations ect. I also have text notifications on so even i'm doing something where i'm afk, i'm still stalking my online status XD
Also, at the moment i'm in college, taking serious math tutoring, have a job, and am working for SAT and GED prep. Lol how i manage to be on as much as i am is beyond me. Point being, right now, i'm not up to like tests.

And a question. Lol as usual. You said you're a solitery wiccan. Well a couple years ago i thought i might be wiccan and tried to find out more about it, but i couldn't find reliable information. How'd you find yours?  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff