Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Ah, Revenge is Sweet. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which god's wrath is the worst?
Nemesis
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Hera
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Dionysus
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Zeus
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Poseidon
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Aphrodite
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Artemis
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Apollo
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Eros
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Demeter
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:25 pm
Tell me, which god under no circumstances should one irk in any way, shape, or fashion? Which one of us has the worst sense of humor? Who deals out the worst punishments?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:31 pm
Probably Athena, Hera, Artemis, or you, Dionysus.

Athena really needs to think before she acts. She's so powered by anger and jealousy sometimes, that she does the cruelest things. For one, Ariadne. A beautiful weaver that was obviously better than Athena. Yet, once Ariadne won, she was turned into a massive spider by the deity! I understand Medusa, she was having it with Poseidon in Athena's temple in Athens. But seriously, she sort of kills anyone she doesn't like. Or tries to. She can't kill Ares, unfortunately.

Hera is just mean. Her acts against the children of Zeus and some other mortal women are sort of mean. But entertaining!

I've only heard of the hunter guy and Niobe for Artemis, but she seems sort of competitive. Like Atlanta, almost, she's scary. And don't forget the Calydonian boar that she sent out to Calydonia.

And then there's you, Dionysus. Who you don't want to get a curse by. Poor, poor Pentheus..

Though, I think that Mnemosyne is the worst.  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sphingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta

And then there's you, Dionysus. Who you don't want to get a curse by. Poor, poor Pentheus..

The bloke had it coming, really.. What with him having a name that I think means 'sorrow'. I'm sorry if I got it wrong.
Personally, I think Demeter is one goddess I'd not like to get on the wrong side of. She got so angry at Zeus she caused the first winter, She cursed the bloke Erysichthon and that Owl Daimon Askalaphos.

I also wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of Hera.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:06 pm
Interestingly, in the Greek Myth Demeter actually caused summer with her neglect, not winter. The swelteringly hot Mediterranean summer was the dead season for the Greeks, and they didn't even recognize Winter as a season (hence why there were only three Horai; Dike, Eirene and Eunomia). It was only when the myth travelled further abroad that the wrath of Demeter was changed to winter in order to reflect the colder climates.  

Akherontis
Captain

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:44 pm
You are all totally evil when it comes to revenge but i mean youre like gods so why do you have to out up with anything we humans do? why not make examples of anyone who pisses you off? Its just in your nature, so not only do i not blame any of you but i know i damn well wouldnt even try to tick you off... I mean thats what the myths are for, to teach us not to mess with you! lol!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:29 am
I voted for you, pop.

I've read about the things you did just out of boredom. Imagine what you'd do when you are P.O.ed.

Oh wait, we do know.... crying

Drive all the women mad and ripping their son's apart with their bare hands. Driving poor people mad.

Now don't get me wrong. I really don't care about them <---more of an 'out for myself' person.

But I have to think, if you'd do that to them....

{ Hugz, I still luvb youse, papa!!! }

The ScarIet Witch

4,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lenimph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm
How exactly are we defining "worst"? Are they worse for lacking purpose or just worse in the degree of punishment? Because alot of us hit those high degrees...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 pm
Wisteria Hysteria
I voted for you, pop.

I've read about the things you did just out of boredom. Imagine what you'd do when you are P.O.ed.

Oh wait, we do know.... crying

Drive all the women mad and ripping their son's apart with their bare hands. Driving poor people mad.

Now don't get me wrong. I really don't care about them <---more of an 'out for myself' person.

But I have to think, if you'd do that to them....

{ Hugz, I still luvb youse, papa!!! }

SPARAGMOS!!! eek eek eek  

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Herry Rockabore

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm
purplejuiceinyellowcup
Probably Athena, Hera, Artemis, or you, Dionysus.

Athena really needs to think before she acts. She's so powered by anger and jealousy sometimes, that she does the cruelest things. For one, Ariadne. A beautiful weaver that was obviously better than Athena. Yet, once Ariadne won, she was turned into a massive spider by the deity! I understand Medusa, she was having it with Poseidon in Athena's temple in Athens. But seriously, she sort of kills anyone she doesn't like. Or tries to. She can't kill Ares, unfortunately.

Hera is just mean. Her acts against the children of Zeus and some other mortal women are sort of mean. But entertaining!

I've only heard of the hunter guy and Niobe for Artemis, but she seems sort of competitive. Like Atlanta, almost, she's scary. And don't forget the Calydonian boar that she sent out to Calydonia.

Though, I think that Mnemosyne is the worst.

I always heard that it was Poseidon who raped Medusa against her will so I think that Athena took her anger out on poor Medusa. That's one reason I get annoyed with Athena.

I thought that Apollo and Artemis's slaughter of Niobe's children was one of the most violent and sadistic stories of revenge in mythology. It's more like Hera's kind of actions (if Hera actually got her hands dirty).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:24 pm
Im reading the Aeneid so in my opinion, Hera and Aphrodite together are a serious revenge storm not to be messed with.  

Melios the Hoplite

10,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 pm
Melios the Hoplite
Im reading the Aeneid so in my opinion, Hera and Aphrodite together are a serious revenge storm not to be messed with.

Word there, Melios.
Neither of them are worth messing with if you can avoid it(the misfortunate Trojans couldn't avoid facing Hera's disciples at all in the Trojan War, because of the contest Aeneas' cousin Paris stumbled on!) and if you can, please take advantage of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 pm
Nemesis is my vote.  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

LGO-WTNP

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:30 pm
Eros. He'll make you fall in love with your big toe if you get him angry.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:18 pm
Apollo I mean he is the god of plage. You tick him off and you can say good bye.

I wonder who ticked him off dearing the black plage.  

Dark-Hunteress Sage

Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces