Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Alice in wonderland NEW MOVIE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you want to see the new alice in wonderland?
  yes
  no
View Results

roxierachel_in_wonderland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 pm
now we all know that Tim Burton is coming out with a new Alice in Wonderland Movie, but im not sure i want to see it, i mean his movies are normally trippy. I have to admit they are awesome but still, being the huge fan of alice in wonderland, im affraid he might ruin it... what do you think??  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 pm
As I've stated before, this movie is not actually "Alice in Wonderland". It's the sequel "Through The Looking Glass & What Alice Found There". It also incorporates themes from the Looking Glass Wars a very, VERY little bit.  

King Louis XVII

2,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:56 pm
No it isn't Through the Looking Glass either, it's a sequel to both books I believe, a completely new story, as Alice is an adult in it.

I'm going to go and watch it, I hope it'll be a good movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:38 pm
Mmm, well, really I likes a lot of the movies of Burton (Live-action and animated, in addition to Johnny Deep ^___^); and, talking about adaptations, sequels, prequels, spin-offs, etc, etc... most of times I goes to movie theater feeling on enjoy the movie, this because usually the original story must to be or likes to be or enjoy to be or needs to be changed (Sometimes I think the directives enjoy making this TwT)... then just at end of movie I think my final opinion ^^...

After a lot of words (cough cough ^^' ), I wants to see it because I really guess must be a really good movie >w<...  

Xi Wang chan

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 pm
Yeah, I think a sequel or a continuation of the two books is probably the best summary.

But don't count something out just because of who happens to be directing it. Who knows; it could be fantastic!

Was anyone watching the Super Bowl tonight? They showed a new trailer for the film, and it really made me smile. No matter how the story line turns out, the characters do look extremely unique. It's going to be beautiful visually, if nothing else! : D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:50 am
They did? (I wouldn't know, England and all that.) Did the trailer have the Caterpillar in it... at all? Because he hasn't been in any trailers so far, its getting annoying... (to me anyway). XD

You know I'm guessing he's going to be in the movie for one scene and thats it...

Bah. >_>  

Azure Caterpillar

Jacy_Arienh_Sagira

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:20 am
I don't really care either way what the movie is, simply bc I'm looking at it as it's own work. I have to admit that what I fear most is the fact that I really hated the "new" redo of Charlie and the Chocolate factory, and I'm hoping that this version of Alice and Wonderland stays true to the ideas and themes. Well that and that all the neon doesn;t give me a massive migraine lol whee  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 pm
Yeah the trailer from the superbowl looked great. I'm going to see the movie. The trailer didn't have caterpillar, it was more of the war/ fight.  

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:55 pm
For those who missed/don't get the Super Bowl trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi975438873/

I haven't seen any video footage of the Caterpillar but I've seen a image with them in it. http://www.timburtoncollective.com/labels/poster.html
Just scroll down a little bit to "Tuesday, November 24, 2009
High-Res "Alice" Banner", look top middle slightly right.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 pm
Yeah, I have seen the Caterpillar, about... 3 different pics of him I think. Just not in any trailers. Thanks anyways. ^_^

Also I watched the new trailer, I liked the music in it. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games