Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Garden of Live Flowers (Art)
Alice in Wonderland-esque Music (Non-Disney) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:53 pm
Obviously inspired by "fav song from Alice" thread I thought we could have another expanded one for non-Disney movie songs.

So have any AiW inspired, feels-like, or puts you in a Wonderland mood songs? They don't have to be favorites - just share them with us!

I've always liked White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane, I just listen to it with a more literal Wonderland tilt and less drugs one.

I know I saw a music video for a jrock visual kei something or other band that did a AiW song a few years ago but can't remember its/their name. All I can remember is they had another song that was called Count D or Mr. D or similar and had a Dracula feel to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:35 pm
White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane...

It is my favourite song ever. I adore it.

Other songs? I'm unsure, I've been wanting to find more AiW-like songs, any suggestions anyone?  

Azure Caterpillar

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:43 pm
Just singing Jabbberwocky put me in an alice and wonderland kind of mood, at least singing hte first part of it does.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:21 pm
Oooh... I'm going to have to start looking for some! I know there are a lot of songs that have mention of AiW, but I'm trying to think specifics... *scratches head* The only thing that immediately jumps to my mind is Alice Human Sacrifice by Volcaloids, but it's not very literal.

I'd love to the see visual kei thing you mentioned, Pooka... those peeps are wild, and it sounds like it would be an interesting twist!

Haha, White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane... it's been a while since I heard that one. ^_^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:04 pm
Oh yes , Jefferson Airplane's white rabbi.t that is one of the most trippy and alice in wonderland sounding song i've ever heard. I love it though. Many references to Aiw in that song. I jsut heard mention of the white rabbit and the caterpillar, and the chess board from through the looking glass.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 pm
Haha, of course White Rabbit is at the top of the list... Grace Slick was so awesome ):

Here's a Wonderland playlist that my friend and I made a good while back... if you don't get why some of these songs are on here, well, that's okay, lol. I should add to it; I've got a couple more. You know, now that I think about it, "Nine Cats" by Porcupine Tree reminds me a little of Alice in Wonderland-- not because it has anything whatsoever to do with the story, because it definitely doesn't, but simply because it's so random. I love it! ^-^ I should add that.

Anyway, hope the link works.

Link  

The Night Faery
Captain

HeartSeeker Sora

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:10 am
____________✖Aphrodite ✖ Knight✖____________

Avril Lavigne made a song for Tim's AiW...User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 pm
Ahhh I've only heard 3!OH3!'s song for the new movie- "Follow Me Down". But it's ridiculously catchy.  

Wompus

Shirtless Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Jacy_Arienh_Sagira

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm
3Oh3 has a song on the new movie?! *is so super excited*
I think pretty much all their songs are catchy, but as for songs that remind me of AiW, I am going to have to say Evanescence's song Imaginary.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:54 am
Jacy_Arienh_Sagira
3Oh3 has a song on the new movie?! *is so super excited*
I think pretty much all their songs are catchy, but as for songs that remind me of AiW, I am going to have to say Evanescence's song Imaginary.
____________✖Aphrodite ✖ Knight✖____________

I LOVE THAT SONG! heart  

HeartSeeker Sora

Dangerous Member

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:36 pm
Alright so I'm looking for Visual Kei/J-rock now. So far I've found "Alice in Wonder Underground" by Buck-tick. Can't tell what the lyrics mean since my Japanese is lacking.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Oh! How could I have forgotten? The Beatles' "I am the Walrus" ! I know that didn't help your quest for J-rock, Pooka, but unfortunately I'm not exactly educated in that genre....  

The Night Faery
Captain

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:45 pm
The question I have to ask myself now (aside from "Was that pig or fig?") is why didn't I look here first?

Ye Olde Wikipedia
Alice Nine - Another Visual Kei group
http://www.elisanet.fi/mlang/lewis/carroll-music.html - A really long alphabetical listing including classical, stage, folk, etc. A nice starting point - worth a look.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 pm
Pooka! how could you forget the Beatles??? i know i taught you better. ^_- besides "i am the walrus", that Night Faery pointed out, there is Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Glass Onion, Octopus' Garden, Being for the Benifit for Mr. kite. AiW was a big influence on John Lennon. You see it come out in the post sgt pepper stuff, esp in Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.  

dragonfly oK---

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Beatles... *eye twitch* O_<

*ahem* Oooh... thanks for the links, Pooka! I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of Alice Nine before... one of my best friends loves them, and shall kill me if she ever finds out I forgot about them. *shifty eyes* Note to self, don't mention it to Mandy... Oh, but I love the last link! I foresee hours of searching in the future...

The Garden of Live Flowers (Art)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff