Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

biihlu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 am
User Image User Image User Image
Contest Time!

User Image
Kenbu and Pacha had a liter of 3 pups together!
The middle child, the little girl pictured to the right, is up for adoption to the best mum/pop. Similar to everyone else giving away babies, ttf and I are looking for some one who will stick around the Kuniku thread and role-play with anyone/everyone! If you want a shot at winning her, just let us know what you are planning for her, by posting:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Writing Example:[/b]

(The writing example can be anything, just show us how you might R-P her. She can be hunting for frogs in Kyushu, testing her sea legs on a boat trip to Honshu, anything! Be creative!) If you want to read up on her family for inspiration, here is Pacha's Journal, and here is Kenbu's journal.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 am
Name: Sora

Name Meaning: Feminine Japanese, meaning Sky

Personality: Very bubbly and cheerful, Sora is always getting herself into trouble from her extreme curiosity. Like her father Kenbu, she absolutely loves to spar, but often loses because she hates to get her fur dirty. Because of her hatred of dirt, she loves the water, and prefers to fly, rather than walk over mud. She's a sweet little Kuniku, but when it comes to contests, she'll strive to be number one... In the cleanest way possible.

Writing Example: The other pups had stared at her funny when Sora had refused to cross the muddy clearing to see the giant slug that one of them had spotted a few minutes ago. She proceeded to enlighten them on how irritating it was to get the mud out of her fur, let alone her feathers, and then took a few steps back from the squishy, brown earth, shaking her head. "I can't, you guys. It's too much trouble to see some slug." She shrugged, trying not to convey her disappointment with the current situation. One of the other pups spoke up, stepping into the mud from the other side. "Come on, Sora. It's no big deal--" The other pups had tried to shush him before he could say that it was 'no big deal'. Unfortunately for the rest of them, Sora had heard already.

"No big deal? No big deal?" She groaned, and her upper lip curled when she stared at the mud. "Have you ever had mud caked to your paws? To your legs? In your feathers? You can't feel anything! It's the most uncomfortable sensation in the world! And then when it dries, Gods forbid--" Sora had been interrupted by one of the more 'Sora-experienced' pups. "...You could fly over." The three other pups looked at him like he was crazy. None of them knew how to fly yet, especially Sora. She was the youngest of them all.

The female Kuniku blinked, shutting her mouth for once.

She thought about this for a moment. Flying was a very good way to get over things she wouldn't want to step on in the future... But she hadn't learned but the basic techniques to get her wings to carry her more than a foot away. She grumbled, opening her mouth to speak again, but the other pup interrupted her again.

"I dare you."

And those were the only three words that could change her mind about anything. "Fine!" she huffed, her eyes ablaze with excitement. "I can do it! Just move out of my way!" Sora huffed and backed up a fair amount so she could achieve lift from a running leap. Much like a bull, she scraped her paw against the ground and bowed low, ready to dash off. With a countdown going in her head, she mentally prepared herself to put her wings into use, and when the numbers ran out and reached zero... Sora sped off toward the mud, shutting her eyes as she leaped as far as she could, feeling her wings stretch and flutter hard. The immense feeling of dread filled her belly as she began to sink--oh, she just knew she was going to fall in the mud!--and she prepared herself to make a dignified landing, even if it would be trashed by the mud.

Carefully she opened her eyes right before she landed, and saw that it was not mud that was underneath her paws, but solid earth. She pranced on her paws for a moment before she looked up to find her friends... Who weren't there. "Guys?" She looked left, then right, and then she heard an amazed 'Woah' from behind her, causing her to spin and see her friends nearly ten feet away, along with the mud puddle.

Oh, yeah. She just did that.

With a smug look on her face, her wings fluttered back into place and she sat, wagging her tail. "You guys comin' to see that slug, or what?"

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

Ruriska
Vice Captain

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:57 pm
Name: Kana
Name Meaning: ‘Powerful’
Personality: This girl was born with a very strong and demanding personality; it’s her way or the highway. She’s loud and brash with an attitude to match and won’t back down from anything. Kana would like to think she’s the toughest Kuniku there ever was, but for all her bluster, she really has a soft and sweet heart. She gets flustered easily, especially when dealing with somebody she considers good looking. When it comes to youngsters she melts and can’t help but squeal over their utter cuteness. Kana thinks in very black and white terms; Kuniku are good and demons are bad. Bad things need to be thumped with a strong tail.

Writing Example:

“Don’t be such a baby!” Kana huffed in annoyance when the other youngster refused to budge, instead lowering his body to the ground and trembling.

“B-but I don’t want to see a demon.”

Kana trotted forward a few paces, head high. “A demon is terrorizing the village and you’re just going to let it? That’s not the Kuniku way!”

The little fellow whined. “I’m only small. Maybe your daddy should take care of it instead. He-he’s really tough.”

“Kenbu-pa always beats up the demons, now it’s my turn. I’m strong enough. I know I am.” Kana flapped her wings, as if to show just how impressive she really was. “Come on. You’re coming with me. You like stories right? Well, after this you’ll be able to tell everyone of the ‘Tale of Demon Hunter Kana’.”

“... o-okay.”

Kana beamed and then started moving away from the village to where the demon was supposedly hiding, her companion trailing behind, jumping at every shadow. She walked with confident strides, ears twitching as she searched for the sounds of evil demons. This would be her chance to prove herself. Kenbu-pa would be so proud of her when she told him she had defeated a mighty demon!

Kana came to an abrupt halt, her friend running straight into her behind with a squeak. “Ssssh. I think I can hear it.” She berated him before slipping forward on her belly. They were deep in the shadow filled forest now with only the soft call of birds as their companions.

Something up ahead in the bushes rustled. Kana heard a whimper behind her and frowned. No point being afraid now.

Something snaked out of the bush.

A demon tail!

Kana pounced and bit down upon the tail with a growl.

A surprised fox turned suddenly from its spot under the bush, knocking Kana backwards as he leapt with fur bristling. Kana squeaked in surprise and fluttered her wings in a panic; she stumbled towards her friend and managed to take a stand in front of him. This wasn’t a demon, was it? “G-go away!”

The fox gave the two pups an annoyed look and then darted away with a grumble.

Kana sat back with a sigh. Behind her, the little male cried from fright. Kana looked at him, ashamed she had brought him along. She nuzzled his cheek gently. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to be strong. Come on, I’ll take you home.”

A deflated and guilty Kana led the way home; vowing she’d do better next time. Getting your friends in danger wasn’t the right way to behave.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Name: Yoshie
Name Meaning: 1) "beautiful river," 2) "cause-prosper/flourish, 3) "good grace," and 4) "nice favor/grace."
Personality: Yoshie is a very calm, understanding girl by nature. However, she does have one quirk about her -- she doesn't really like to speak all that often. She's sociable enough; she enjoys walking with her siblings and listening to their conversations (or their arguments) but she would just prefer to gesture. Perhaps it's because she doesn't like her voice. Perhaps it's because she just doesn't feel like it. Whatever the reason, you'll rarely hear a peep outta her.

Besides this interesting quirk, Yoshie is a fairly normal kuniku with normal hobbies, likes and dislikes. She enjoys the water a lot, often playing with the frogs and lilypads while lying by the water, sometimes jumping from stone to stone when she can find some.
Writing Example:

Yoshie was by the water. It was not uncommon to see the blue kuniku sitting by the water, staring into it's clear blue depths, looking mildly interested as the fishes swam beneath her. On this evening, just before dusk, the girl had decided to lay on a tiny peninsula-like piece of land that jutted out into the water, her back against a mossy log propped against the bank.

Kyou was watching the pup curiously, laying in a clump of bushes not too far off. He wouldn't say he was spying on her, exactly; spying consisted of trying to find out some secret information. Everyone knew Yoshie sat here, sometimes. Of course, he was neither a family friend nor related to the girl -- he just happened to live in the area. He knew the members of the family by sight, and had spoken to the parents a few times, but it was mostly because of the vacinity that he often saw the sky blue kuniku trotting off towards the waters edge. Oh, she spent a lot of time with her siblings also -- she trotted after them and listened to them and partook in their games, as most siblings did. But all kuniku needed to be alone sometimes, and each seemed to have their spot. His was beneath the shady tree on the hill, beside a large stone that a human visited on occasion. And hers was by the water.

Kyou's ears twitched a bit in curiosity as he watched the blue pup stand from the grassy spot by the water, cocking her head a little towards the water, giving it a curious, yet somehow surprisingly even, look.

"Not Inari from the heavens," she spoke, her voice quiet and a little rough from disuse, "Not Ren, who guards Maizoukin... who rules you, little fish? Who rules you?"

x_Nata_x

Interesting Conversationalist

WindRiderNaya

Jeering Wench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 am
Name: Kaeru

Name Meaning: To change

Personality: A sweetie pie, but she has a short fuse. Basically this means she is very loving and helpful, always the first to volunteer to help or offer hugs and cuddles. However... if she gets in a bad mood, it would definitely be best to avoid her if at all possible. She has a mean side, and won't shy away from a fight when enraged. Sadly, it doesn't take much to set her off. But at the same time that means she's back to her sweet self rather quickly. The result of these bouts of rage is usually one sad little Kuniku and she will often go cuddle up with someone she loves. However, if your careful, you'll only ever meet her sweet side.

Writing Example: Time seemed to stretch on forever as Kaeru watched that jerk face fade more and more into the horizon. It made her sick, seeing him leave without a care. Her paws tingled and blood pounded in her ears as she thought about her options. Sure, she could just walk away and leave it be, but what would that show him? That she's a pushover, that was what. No, no, she had better plans for him.

With narrowed eyes, Kaeru stalked forward, taking care not to make too much noise as she advanced. She had let this go on long enough, time for some payback~

As she moved closer, she decided a more upfront approach would work better then sneaking around behind him. Tensing her muscles, Kaeru crouched down, extending her wings to give herself a little help clearing the distance.

Pushing off the ground, Kaeru jumper towards her target, flapping every so often to help her stay air born. Letting herself drop, Kaeru landed on his back, slowly sliding off until she established her hold.

"C'mon, let's fight!" She called from his back, nipping at his neck.

Rearing up, the boy threw her to the ground, his eyes wide. He pawed at the ground frantically, anticipating her next attack.

Throwing herself at him again, Kaeru was met with a paw striking her face, sending her falling to her ground, he was older then her and therefore bigger and stronger. He turned tail and ran away

Surprised, Kaeru stood up shakily, holding a paw up to her face.That coward was running away! "I don't believe it! I actually won?" Ecstatic, Kaeru lifted her wings and soared up, doing turning and coasting over the 'battleground.' However, her celebration was cut short when she noticed the small stains of blood making a path in the direction her opponent had fled.

Tearing up, Kaeru landed. She hadn't actually meant to hurt him, just make sure he knew he couldn't steal her toys anymore. She let her wings hang limp as she trudged her way back. She felt awful, probably worse then she has ever felt before. Sure, she yelled and screamed and played tricks a lot, but actually hurting someone? She almost never did that, and no wonder why, she felt horrible.

Finding the right path, Kaeru managed to get back somehow. Slinking up to her fathers, she lay down, mentally and physically exhausted, cuddling up to her fathers. "I'm sorry" Was all she managed to whisper before she finally fell asleep.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:19 am
Name: Chishiki
Name Meaning: Knowledge
Personality: Inquisitive and ready to learn, she's the type to follow even a bug for miles trying to figure out how it works and moves. "If at first you don't succeed..." seems to be her motto, spurring her on to greater adventures. As she grows, her 'book smarts' will increase, as well. She's the one who'll spurt random knowledge and maybe come off as a know-it-all, but really she just wants to share her love of the learning about the world.
Writing Example: A little touched the ground, though perhaps a bit too carelessly. A jolt of pain shot up a baby Kuniku's snout and she whimpered, pulling back as the bug she had tried to investigate scurried into the bushes with. A frown deepened her features for a moment. That bug had more legs than she had ever seen! It was a huge shame to see it get away before she could poke at it a bit.

Pain fading and forgotten, Chishiki moved to get up, wobbling a little on unpracticed paws. Downy wings fluttered out behind as a balance, providing enough push to have her on her way into the leaves and after her quarry. She would know the workings of that many-legged creature when she found it again. Maybe she could even learn to walk better herself. One with so many legs stepping so surely must be a good teacher.

Feathers pricked on branches, slowing her trek, but certainly not stopping her. By now she was pretending she could smell the little bug just past the next leaf, not letting that thought slip when each leaf she passed revealed nothing but more leaves. Eventually she made it out of the giant bush jungle to the sound of running water. Could that bug swim, too? Peering carefully over the edge of the stream, she watched her flickering reflection for any sign of extra spindle legs. Nothing.

Pouting, she pulled back, plopping onto her rump and looked rather frazzled. Eyes scanned the little stream in a huff. And yet, the attitude vanished as quickly as it came as her gaze fell on a tiny rock waterfall just up a soft slope. She rose, transfixed, toddling up to the stream right where it cut over rocks and fell in multiple directions. She wondered how it could do that and then be one thing again as it reached the bottom.

A curious paw stretched forward, toes poking at a rock. When it didn't move, she nudged another and another. Her brain definitely felt like it was growing larger with each learned poke. A happy grin stretched her lips, her paw rising victoriously and flapping back down on one of the rocks. This time it finally budged, more so than she had ever expected, diverting the stream. It sprayed around her appendage, getting her in the face. She flailed back, very confused and now pretty damp.

Eyes blinked, surprised tears threatening in them for a long minute. But they too began to fade as the pain had earlier. And Chi was excited. Very, very excited! A giggle escaped her throat. Learning was so much fun! Her daddies could help her dry off later.

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Hopelessly Pretty
Crew

Feral Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 pm
Name: Puchiko
Name Meaning: Small child :3
Personality: Puchiko is a very patient and relaxed kuniku. She'd really just like to hang out on the beach all day, but unfortunately, there's other things to be done. Despite her easy-going nature, Puchiko is by no means an under-achiever. She just doesn't have a sense of urgency when something's going on around her. Others sometimes say she's apathetic or disengaged; she's actually very nice, but when she gets irritated she has the habit of being very sarcastic, and quick to put others down.
Writing Example: (Goodness, this is long...)

Puchiko lay on the sandy beach of Kyushu, her head rested on her paws as she was ready for a snooze. The mid-day sun was high in the sky with barely a cloud to block it, making it very warm and cozy. She had originally come out to the beach to play with her friends, but she had changed her main priority from Friends to Nap Time due to the extremely pleasant weather. Puchiko shut her eyes and was about to drift off to sleep when she was interrupted by the sound of a fellow pup calling to her.

"Puchi! Hey, Puchiko!" One of the older females called, before running over to the light blue girl.

"Mmm, what is it Shia?" She asked, without lifting her head or opening her eyes to see her golden friend.

"My mama gave me this pendant to wear, but I'm worried about it getting wet and breaking. Will you watch it for me?"

Puchiko wagged her tail in confirmation that she would watch the necklace, although it didn't occur to Shia that she would be watching it with her eyes closed.

"Thanks so much, Puchi!" Shia carefully slipped off her shell necklace and lay it beside Puchiko, before running off to play with the others in the small waves at the shore.

"Mhm..." Puchiko mumbled, before she fell asleep to the lulling sound of the ocean.

----------------------About an hour later----------------------

"PUCHIKO! PUCHIKO, WAKE UP NOW!" The sound of someone yelling for her caused Puchiko to awaken from sleep, but she covered her ears with her paws. "I'm sleepy..." She said groggily. Her eyes were still squeezed shut in an attempt to return to slumber.

The pup that had been calling for her was none other than Shia, who sounded very upset. "Wake up! Wake up!" Shia cried, grabbing Puchiko by the scruff with her teeth and shaking her.

Puchiko let out a whimper before she put her paws down and opened her eyes to look at Shia. "What're you freaking out about..?" she asked, not understanding why Shia looked like she was about to cry.

Shia let go of Puchiko, before taking a step back and pointing with her paw toward a seagull that was perched at the top of a tree at the edge of the jungle, where the beach began. "That seagull stole my pendant, and you were supposed to be watching it." She sniffled, and her ears flattened back as though she had lost all hope of getting her mother's gift back.

Okay, wait... Why was Shia almost in tears?

Puchiko just sat there with a confused frown on her face as she tried to understand what was going on. She was supposed to be watching a necklace and a seagull took it, she understood that much, but in her opinion, the whole thing wasn't so much of a big deal. Shia's mother had probably just gotten it as a gift from a human, and it was a possibility that she could get her paws on another one. Puchiko was about to express her lack of shock at the outcome of the situation, but then, something suddenly stopped her.

Hadn't her Papa said that "No matter what, you should always keep your word to a friend"? Puchiko nodded to herself, having recalled that that was exactly what her Papa Pacha had told her one night before tucking her and her siblings away for bed. She turned to Shia, a sudden grin on her face.

"Eh, don't worry about it. I'll get that ugly old seagull to give your necklace back."

With that, Puchiko stood from her spot on the sand and shook a bit, mentally preparing herself to do her Papa proud. She walked away from Shia and began to flap her pretty wings before she took off with a running start. It took a sec, but she was soon airborne and flew straight for the tree that the bandit gull had landed in, the shell pendant was still clutched in its beak.

"Hey birdy! That doesn't belong to you!" Puchiko called, flapping her wings as hard as she could as she attempted to land in the tree with the bird. The gull seemed to glare at her; it didn't make a sound since it was still holding onto the necklace.

"Oof!" Puchiko said as she sort-of crashed into the tree. She made it all the way up to the upper branches, which put her only a couple of feet away from the gull. She began barking at it, hoping to get it drop the necklace; she just hoped that it wouldn't break on the way down or get caught on a branch.

Shia, who had been watching from afar, realized what Puchiko was up to. She ran as fast as her little paws would carry her over to the tree as she too barked at the seagull.

The gull, tired from all the noise and frustrated at the pups, opened its beak to let the necklace loose in order to cry loudly at them. It then spread its wings and flew further into the jungle, away from the girls.

"Alright!" Puchiko said, her tail fluff wagging as she continued to cling to the thin branch that was just able to support her weight. She looked down only to see Shia with the pendant dangling from her mouth.

Shia carefully slid the necklace over her head, before beaming up at Puchiko. "Puchi, you were amazing! I never thought you would try to get my mama's gift back for me!" Her voice showed just how grateful she was to her friend.

"Hahah, no worries! But Shia, do you think you could do me a favor this time..?"

"Oh, yeah! What is it? I'll do anything to pay you back for this!"

"Could you go call my Papa and Daddy? I'm scared to come down..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 am
Thank you so much, everyone for entering! Ilu, all of you. ewe
The winner is...

saedusk!

biihlu

Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers