Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Supernatural / Paranormal Guild

Back to Guilds

a nexus of all things supernatural and occult. 

Tags: paranormal, supernatural, ghosts, demons, occult 

Reply The Nexus (General Discussion)
What place in your city are haunted? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Akirea

Ruthless Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm
What place in my city ISN'T haunted, is the question. 99.9% of the places I have lived at here... are haunted. I don't count just the well-known places. o.o;  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:09 pm
Several, actually. There's the Sheraton Read House, a well-known hotel. Chickamauga Battlefield has plenty of old spirits around it, an old cemetery in St. Elmo.  

River_Moonwolf

DarkForgoten
Fallen Angel

Beloved Rogue

26,165 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:44 am
none really, my house used to be fully haunted.. I said used to cause i took care of it, but now it's just my closet, no joke!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 pm
It's not my actual city, but the capital city of Scotland, Edinburgh is full of ghost stories - it is a hotbed of them. Here's a small selection of the tales of hauntings and other ghostly experiences:

The Castle
Edinburgh castle is home to numerous spooks.

Corstorphine White Lady
Lady Christian still haunts the old dovecote.

Dalry House
Home of Johnny One Arm.

The Death Coach
Edinburgh's own cóiste bodhar still rattles along the Royal Mile.

Holyrood
There are worse things than politicians, hehe!

Jane of George Street
One of the city's more recent ghosts.

The Mackenzie Poltergeist
The ghost of "bloody" George Mackenzie still haunts the Covenanters Prison.

Major Weir
The Wizard of West Bow.

The Wiseman Experiment
Richard Wiseman's famous scientific ghost hunt in the supposedly haunted castle dungeons.

Ghost Tours & Walks
With so many ghosts to choose from it is no surprise that there are numerous Edinburgh ghost walks:

~Auld Reekie Tours
Auld Reekie's "Ultimate Ghost and Torture Tour" goes underground. Walks leave from the Tron Church on Edinburgh's Royal Mile and last around 90 minutes.

~Black Hart Storytellers
The Black Hart's "City of the Dead" graveyard trail leaves nightly from the Royal Mile and includes entrance to the Covenanters Prison in Greyfriars Graveyard, site of Edinburgh's famous.

~Mercat Tours
Possibly the most well-known of Edinburgh ghost walks, Mercat Tours have a variety of events including their Haunted Underground Experience, Ghosts and Ghouls tour, Ghost Hunter Trail and even a Haunted Edinburgh bus tour.

~Witchery Tours
Witchery Tours run their Ghosts and Gore event between May and August. Their Murder and Mystery event runs all year. Tours start from the Witchery Restaurant and the price includes Witchery Tales book.

Little Schnook

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

masumi5

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:33 pm
Not very many places in my town are haunted, but my mom says a Bed & Breakfast is. My aunts town also has a haunted road. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm
There's a place called the Badu House in my town. It's said to be haunted by the first owner, Professor Badu.

Personally, I believe that it's haunted. I've had experiences there myself.  

Keioko-chan

Silenced Wolves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:04 pm
I'm not giving out the name of my town, so I'm just going to use the word Cupcakes instead the name of it. In Old Towne Cupcakes, There is a haunted hotel. I don't know how the ghost got there or anything, but I hope to find out. There's also a battlefeild by my house, used during the Civil War, which I believe is haunted. I've seen black masses there, and I couldn't even begin to tell you all I know about that place. I believe that Old Towne Cupcakes is haunted in many places, but is known for it's haunted hotel mostly. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 pm
I live in Dallas, Tx and believe it or not, there are not that many PROVEN haunted places here!
At White Rock Lake there is the Lady Of The Lake, but I think almost every lake has one, usually with the same story! Lol! She is also said to be a "Hitchhiker."
There is the supposed "JFK assassination" that repeats the events of that day. Supposedly you can hear a single gunshot, then see the ghost of Jack Ruby as he runs down the sidewalk toward the School Book Depostory screaming "NOOOO!" Kennedy and Oswald have never been seen during these events though. This has never been proven, but I have heard the story my whole life.
There is an apartment complex for homeless women and their children in east Dallas. I knew a woman who lived there for a year and she told me lots of stories! There were apparitions, everyone had night terrors of a red demon with horns. Things were always moved, unexplained fires, small things, like screws or pennies would fall out of thin air. The smell of sulfur or freshly baked bread could be smelled at all times. There was a lot more to the story but that would make this post too long.
There is a local park that has a giant things living in the lake at the far back. So,e friends and I were hanging out there one night (yes we were drinking but we all saw the same thing!) We heard a strange sound coming from the trees at the back of the park and all turned to look. We saw 3 people running out of the woods with something tall chasing them! We started to run to their rescue until we saw how big the thing was! I dont know if it was a snake or a worm or what, but it was LONG and its head was about 20 feet in the air! As tall as the old trees! We all turned around and headed for our cars to get out of there! One of the people who was being chased jumped into the car I was in and we took off! He told us the thing had come out of the water and that it was green and slimy! I have never heard of this thing before or after that night, but I know there were too many people who saw it for it to not be real!  

Gothichearts

khlouiie-nicole

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:32 pm
The haunted places i've been to in delaware would be the green in dover because Every year I go there to celebrate pagan pride day, the brick hotel in georgetown, and fort delaware.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am
Well, I live in a huge city, so I don't know all the haunted areas. But, I know a few: an old house from the 50's, a part of the city that is almost 200 years old, a music school, and probably even more.  

Steliana96

2,000 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Sky Blue Faerie

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:28 pm
My mother-in-laws house is haunted. Ben told me when they first moved in there were lots of nasty things lurking around that property. His sister was a powerful psychic and managed to round them all up in to one spot on the property she called the sanctuary and protect her family.

A few years ago she died unexpectedly of complications from surgery. Because she had never wanted a funeral her father wouldn't let he mother have one. Because of Her mother's grief and inability to say good bye and let go she has stayed behind in that house when she should have moved on.

Ben and I have spent the night once or twice while Ben was helping his mom by fixing things in the house. Ben's old room is being used as storage so we had to sleep in Kari's room.

The first time we spent the night I was standing in the bedroom alone because Ben was in the bathroom and I suddenly got the feeling I was being watched. I told her who I was and that I was with Ben and the feeling went away. I always shield myself when we sleep there, just in case the things Kari sealed break loose some how.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:04 am
The Driskill Hotel is said to be haunted. It is really pretty there. I have only spent the night there once. Haunted Driskill Hotel

YouTube Documentary about the Driskill  

Rei_Toei

Green Smoker

16,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Esoteric Order of Dagon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:14 am
I don't think there is an area in my town that is untouched by malignant energies. People that don't even believe in the paranormal have visited my town and referred to it as a life-draining energy that pervades the area.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 pm
The psychiatric center in my city is rumored to be haunted (it has a really bad history, as many psych centers did in their early stages), and before my old school closed (it was a Church which had a grammar school connected to it) many, many teachers as well as students spoke of a priest named Monsignor Chambers that walked through the halls and into the classrooms, disappearing just as fast as he came around. People have been spotting him and hearing him (walking, making noise, etc but never speaking a word or acknowledging anyone) for years, but I don't know what became of him after the school closed. He loved kids and the younger grades would describe him as he used to be remembered when he was alive. Pretty neat stuff!  

TheSmugChibi

User Not Authenticated

Feline Mage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm
I live in Las Vegas. Supposedly a lot of places around here are haunted.

Bally's, the Bellagio, Aladdin Hotel, Las Vegas Academy, etc. I've lived here for 17 years and still haven't gone to investigate. I ought to get around to it eventually.

The Nexus (General Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff