Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Games and Events
[Battle of the Tribes] Through Your Eye's Hunting Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:32 pm
Sage, while he had usually waited until others had their say before making any of his decisions, couldn't resist replying flatly to Feral Storm's accusation; "With the same reasoning, you could also accuse me of being slow-witted or indecisive. I don't know if I should be relieved or not that you didn't." He then proceeded to wait stubbornly for others to have their say once more, purely out of spite.*

When Colored Spring called him out again, Sage snorted angrily. "Someone save me from these idiots. If agreeing with others on who to vote against, or - or whatever you have against me," he growled at Colored Spring, "is going to get me harassed, I'll simply abstain from voting today, and then no-one can blame me because I've explained my reasoning. Ha, ha."

[[* Read as; I was going to reply earlier, but then I got distracted for three hours by video game speed runs.]]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:56 pm
More people were speaking up now, and Freedom to Act tossed a nod in Lightning Strike's direction. Life distrusted that doe: she'd been talking right until day's end "yesterday", but hadn't cast a vote, even when she'd eventually voted for Precipice without a reason on the first "day". But while she was contributing constructively, and without being prodded, Life would appreciate her.

She was interested in hearing Errant speak: he'd at least made some points the previous "day", when many had been reluctant to. And perhaps he was making a good one now, but Butcherbird...Life wasn't sure if he was acting in the best interest of the prey group, but she was also fairly certain he wasn't actively trying to do harm. "We don't think Butcherbird particularly eloquent." She thought Farrow's popularity had more to do with the fact that there'd been a lot of kin voting for him than with Butcherbird's words: Expecting to Fly had made far more convincing an argument than he. Though, Life acknowledged, it might have gone unnoticed in the sudden chorus of voices that had actually followed Butcherbird. Even then, it was the kin who'd followed Butcherbird who seemed suspicious to Life. Tracks, for example, seemed a little more trustworthy now that he'd spoken up before voting, but Freedom to Act could not really discern where he was coming from with the vote for Butcherbird - and coupled with the strange vote for Farrow, that meant she'd be keeping her eye on him. She'd wait for him to speak more, first, though.

It was Blurs and Stains finally - finally - responding to Doubleback's question that caught Life's attention, though. Her reasons for the first day, well - they were weak, but they were there. For the second day, however...well, voting to avoid suspicion was certainly the mark of a predator, and so was voting due to unspecified "reasoning". Together, they made Life trust the bloody doe even less. "We don't think there's a way to be good at this game," Life began, in her direction. "But Blurs and Stains, the way you act isn't helping anyone but yourself." And possibly the predator team, whether she was on it or not. Perhaps Butcherbird, too, made ill-advised choices, but he at least spoke without being prodded or accused. Blurs and Stains seemed silent unless her own false life was at risk, and she followed in others' shadows, besides. She nodded at Through Your Eyes to take her vote down.

Colored Spring made her roll her eyes again, but Eating Fireflies finally speaking up intrigued Life. "We agree, it's easier for a predator to hide when silent - but there's no better way to look like prey than to speak loudly." If that meant he distrusted her, so be it.

She shrugged at Wild Sage. Abstaining, too, especially for the reason of looking less suspicious, made him all the more suspicious to her. For prey were innocent by nature: they didn't need to make themselves appear so. He could do as he pleased - but it was words, not votes, that Life looked at.  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Why, thank you..." Rising Sun smiled and blinked at Colored Spring's persistence, naive to the fact that he was hitting on her. "I love your color as well!"

This time directly addressing Freedom to Act, Rising Sun spoke up once more, ""we don't think"? That was a careless thing to say, sounds a little suspicious to me. At the end of the day, it's every Kin for themself, and I'm certain everyone here is well aware. Sounds to me like you're trying to instill a false sense of comfort into all the other players by grouping yourself on the side of the prey... But are you really? I don't think Blurs and Stains is doing wrong by looking out for herself, we all should be. It's mighty easy to get everyone on your side, then pick them off one by one, eh?" She was trembling a bit with nerves at the conclusion of her "speech," realizing how loudly she'd spoken; Sunny wasn't a great public speaker. "Therefore, my vote goes out to Freedom to Act in this round."
Tiarana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:21 pm
"It should be prey against predator. All of us for ourselves only helps the predators cut us down," Lightning Strike argued, a frown pulling at her mouth.

"Blurs and Stains may be genuine or she may be hiding behind a mask and the latter seems increasingly likely." Perhaps the doe was just clueless, even so, in the long end it may help them discover the predators.  

anemosagkelos

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:03 pm
Butcherbird oh butcherbird. And then there was freedom or even sage. But blurs, oh my. But no definitive pattern had been set. "It's still the beginning still fresh. Colored Spring you have an odd way of flirting."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:45 pm

Through Your Eyes is far more pleased with the activity in this round than in the last. Though she would prefer everyone speak, and speak more, the improvement in conversation results in an improvement in her mood. She begins her narration with an amused, relaxed smile, eyes lazy like a cat's when it has already caught its prey and is now simply toying with it, "The creatures are different today. More of them are on edge. It is the third day now and two prey must have died the last two nights. All the prey wonder if they will be next."

"They talk now, more eager to share because they only have power during the day. All they are trying to do is catch up to the predators who have the advantage of knowledge, so they too must compile their knowledge to stand a chance. Some still make their votes early, and others with little reasoning, and others still do their best to think the possible outcomes through before casting their votes.

They can't know if the victim they chose is predator or prey though. The disguises the predators wear must be good enough to even withstand death.

Though, there isn't much to see after they are down with their target. They stampede her in their desire to rid their small world of predator, kicking and smashing at her limbs, her body, and her bones, until she is nothing by Blurs and Stains upon the floor, to be pushed out of mind as they turn away to rest."

Through Your Eyes smiled sharply at the doe in question before nodding for her to join the group that stood at the sidelines. It was time for the dark doe to join the ranks of the dead.

"The day is drawing to a close as they walk away from the evidence of their kill. As the air turns cool with the rising of the moon, the creatures fall to sleep, uneasy with the threat of predators hanging over their head. When all are asleep, the predators wake and once again remove their disguises to begin their nightly hunt."

Day 3 Votes
Blurs and Stains: Face your demons (Flood of Light), and be blue (Butcherbird), thyPOPE (Freedom to Act), anemosagkelos (Lighting Strike)
Butcherbird: Amizade (Expecting to Fly), Vashtya (Errant Thought), Shaddaling (Tracks)
Freedom to Act: phoenix kiss (Flint), Nuclearity (Rising Sun)
Feral Storm: FrostyPeaches (Kiss of Death)
Wild Sage: Sarano_Krem (Feral Storm), Tiarana (Colored Spring)
Colored Spring: fluorescein (Fiend)

Abstentions: PeanutButterpies (Blurs and Stains), Kitty Sprightt (Wild Sage), Minsuil (Doubleback), Samuel Carlin (Eating Fireflies)

PeanutButterpies
Unfortunately for Blurs and Stains, her markings and her nervous reasoning made her the target of the group's suspicions.

Moonstone Dazzle
You didn't post today! Through Your Eyes is displeased and may be inclined to toss Second Star to the Left out of the game if this happens again!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:45 pm
As the nighttime activity comes to a close, Through Your Eyes smiles and rearranges her limbs before speaking, her tail sweeping lazily behind her, "The predators prowl amongst the prey, the nighttime the only time they can leave the ranks of prey and be who their truly are. They consider each of the sleeping creatures carefully before they gather to make their decision, eyes sharp and mouths watering for blood."

"The day time rounds are getting more dangerous for them as the prey gather more and more information and make more careful deliberations. Though they have differing opinions on who to kill, they eventually make their decisions.

They are silent as they make their way towards their prey, ready for the kill. Their violence is swift and deadly. They clean the blood off of their bodies and don their disguises once more before returning to their sleeping spots to wait for the dawn."

She shares a secret smile with those standing at the sidelines. Other than her, they are the only ones to know where everyone stands.

"When the sun rises and the creatures wake, they are greeted by a terrible sight: Butcherbird is dead. He has been torn apart limb by limb and his sides splayed open in a terrible parody of wings. They decide to move their deliberations off to the side so that they don't have to stare at his dead body while they talk.

They must decide what this kill means and make another choice today. Though their stomachs may be unsettled by the flamboyant display, they have no choice but to continue if they want to survive."

and be blu
Unfortunately for Butcherbird, the predators found his name too amusing to pass up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:13 am
Freedom to Act met this new information with careful deliberation. She hadn't been especially fond of the way Butcherbird had made decisions, but he hadn't seemed extremely suspicious to her: he talked, after all, and gave his own opinions, which was more than many kin could say. Perhaps his ideas frightened the predators, but really: he hadn't done much the previous day besides flirt with Doubleback, the doe who...hadn't voted, or done much of anything besides back Freedom to Act's theories. And he'd been a strange kill: he'd been extremely unpopular on the previous day, which meant that it would have been easy for the predator team to convince prey to vote for him should they have needed it. An interesting thought, that. She inclined her head to him as he stepped aside.

But this new 'day' brought different priorities, this time around. She was a little fed up with silence, though at least the previous day had been full of voices. "His loss hurts us, but what will hurt us more is silence." She inclined her head to Rising Sun and Lightning Strike: the last two does to speak the previous 'days'. "We cannot continue to act merely in our own interests. Lightning Strike is correct - this is a team game. One who is silent in the hopes of living longer acts at the expense of the remainder of their team." The goal should be for the prey to outlive the predators. The death of prey was sad but inevitable - but the death of a predator was one-fourth of the way to victory. She didn't address her use of pronouns, like she also hadn't on previous days: Life and Life near always referred to themselves in the plural, and she could not remember doing otherwise.

She passed her eyes over the quietest kin: of them, she trusted Flood of Light and Expecting to Fly most, for they seemed to vote with reason and without following, too much, the speeches of others. She trusted Fiend and Second Star to the Right least: Fiend because he hardly ever said anything, and seemed still to vote at random (although she could probably understand his dislike of Colored Spring, who contributed little), and Second Star to the Right because she had only spoken twice. Yet neither of those two seemed likely predators: they hadn't spoken enough for an easy evaluation.

What a fun decision, she thought to herself. She didn't want to vote for someone who she wasn't fairly certain was a predator, but she wouldn't mind voting for someone who didn't speak much, if it came to that. Perhaps someone else had better leads.

[because mins stopped doing it and because it's slightly relevant to my post -
I is D1 post, J is D2 post, K is D3 post.
Alive:
thyPOPE (Freedom to Act): III JJ KKKK

anemosagkelos (Lightning Strike): II JJ KK

Kitty Sprightt (Wild Sage): II JJ K
Vashtya (Errant Thought): II JJ K
Sarano_Krem (Feral Storm): II J KK

Tiarana (Colored Spring): I JJ K
phoenix kiss (Flint): II J K
Nuclearity (Rising Sun): II KK
Minsuil (Doubleback): II J K
Shaddaling (Tracks): I J KK

Samuel Carlin (Eating Fireflies): II K
Face your demons (Flood of Light): I J K
FrostyPeaches (Kiss of Death): I KK
Amizade (Expecting to Fly): I J K
fluorescein (Fiend): I J K

Moonstone Dazzle (Second Star to the Right): I J

Dead:
Ruriska (Farrow): II JJJJ
PeanutButterpies (Blurs and Stains): I JJ KKK

and be blue (Butcherbird): II JJ K

Dizzy_Kat (I’ll Never Tell): II J

Vesperiie (Precipice): I
SilverShieldwolf (Sweet Gale): I

Butcherbird's previous vote history:
Voted For: Vesperiie (Precipice), Ruriska (Farrow), PeanutButterpies (Blurs and Stains)
Voted By: Shaddaling (Tracks), Minsuil (Doubleback) - D1; Ruriska (Farrow) - D1; Amizade (Expecting to Fly), Vashtya (Errant Thought), Shaddaling (Tracks) - D3

16/22 alive. ratio is probably either 12-4, 13-3, or 14-2 - i personally think it's 13-3 but ymmv. prey win when all predators are dead; predators win when predator count equals prey count.]  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:23 am
Doubleback furrowed her brow. Everyone that Butcherbird had voted for was dead. This reason alone made her believe the handsome buck's innocence. But what was harder to understand then, was why he was killed off. Why kill off someone who was so distracting, whom the predators could have easily framed? It was not hard at all to imagine them starting a band wagon that most participants would jump on. She needed more time to think. Who could have thought Butcherbird so threatening to feel the need to kill him now?

"For now, I cast my vote for Second Star on the Right. Of all our members, she has spoken the least. And if I must toss my lot out there, then I would rather toss it onto one who is not contributing."

((OOC: Sorry I didn't get the stats up for anyone who was looking. T__T;; They should be updated but if there's anything missing/wrong please quote me. Also these game turnovers really do not mesh well w my schedule so if anyone is referencing Doubleback and/or anything she said please also quote me so I can do a quick rundown and try and get a reply out asap!!))

8. thyPOPE: Freedom to Act | X

12. Ruriska: Farrow | VI Lynched Day 2
16. and be blue: Butcherbird | VI Killed Night 3
18. PeanutButterpies: Blurs and Stains | VI Lynched Day 3

5. Sarano_Krem: Feral Storm | V
2. Kitty Sprightt: Wild Sage | V
4. anemosagkelos: Lightning Strike | V
10. Minsuil: Doubleback | V

9. phoenix kiss: Flint | IV
11. Vashtya: Errant Thought | IV
3. Shaddaling: Tracks | IV
15. Tiarana: Colored Spring | IV

7. Dizzy_Kat: I'll Never Tell | III Killed Night 2
21. Face Your Demons: Flood of Light | III
13. Amizade: Expecting to Fly | III
17. FrostyPeaches: Kiss of Death | III
1. Samuel Carlin: Eating Fireflies | III
14. Nuclearity: Rising Sun | III
22. fluorescein: Fiend | III

19. Moonstone Dazzle: Second Star to the Right | II

6. SilverShieldwolf: Sweet Gale | I Killed Night 1
20. Vesperiie: Precipice | I Lynched Day 1

Votes so Far

ROUND 1:

Precipice: thyPOPE, and be blue, Ruriska, Vashtya, anemosagkelos

Sweet Gale: Tiarana, PeanutButterpies, fluorescein
Feral Storm: phoenix kiss, Dizzy_Kat, Kitty Sprightt

Butcherbird: Shaddaling, Minsuil

Fiend: Vesperiie
Blurs and Stains: SilverShieldwolf
I’ll Never Tell: Sarano_Krem
Colored Spring: Samuel Carlin
Flint: Amizade
Eating Fireflies: Nuclearity

Abstaining: Second Star to the Right

ROUND 2:

Farrow: Mizapizza, Blue, Phoe, Shaddaling, Peanutbutter Pies, Moonstone

Butcherbird: Ruriska
Expecting to Fly: fluo
Wild Sage: Tiarana
Blurs and Stains: thy, Krem
Second Star on the Right: Vashtya

Capacity to Act: Dizzy_kat, Face Your Demons (No but seriously who the heck is this??? There isn't a Capacity to Act on our roster.)
Abstaining: Minsuil, Anemosagkelos

ROUND 3:

Blurs and Stains: Face your demons, blue, thyPOPE, Ane
Butcherbird: Amizade, Vasthya, Shaddaling
Freedom to Act: Phoe, Nuclearity
Feral Storm: Frosty Peaches
Wild Sage: Krem, Tiarana
Colored Spring: Fluo

Abstentions: PeanutButterpies (Blurs and Stains), Kitty Sprightt (Wild Sage), Minsuil (Doubleback), Samuel Carlin (Eating Fireflies)

ROUND 4:
Second Star to the Right: Minsuil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:03 am
"So... Butcherbird was killed by the predators? I guess I was wrong about him then. But," she said out loud what Freedom to Act and Doubleback were both thinking, "why would they do that? During the day, we were already wary of him, and yet, they've helped us by killing him during the night. Seems strange."

She scanned the group again, trying to remember what each had said and done and turned towards Colored Spring. "Voting for someone because they're green? I don't get it. Are you just joking or is this your way of tricking us?" She guess she preferred the game being played seriously after all. But then again, he could be just very good at acting.

She turned towards the one Colored Spring had accused. What had he said before? Abstaining from voting so you don't get blamed... hmm.

After a moment's thought, she gestured towards Flood of Light, Freedom to Act and Lighting Strike, "So on Day 3, you guys voted for the one that was killed. On Day 2, it was me and..." She searched out the ones who were still alive. There was Flint -- the one she had voted for in the first round, Tracks, Second Star to the Right and Wild Sage -- the one who had abstained. "Well obviously I'm not going to vote for me, but it is possible that the prey make up some of the day kill voters. It's easy prey by agreeing with the majority. Wild Sage, I think you got a tad too defensive when Feral Storm accused you of trying to blend with the crowd. And then to abstain on that basis? I'm sorry, but today my vote is for you."

((@Minsu - I think thy accidentally wrote "Capacity to Act" or she did it deliberately because Freedom to Act + twin!Capacity for Death = their joint name but it confused people?))  

Amizade

Phantom

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 am

Nose scrunched in disgust at the vivid imagery of Butcherbird's body, Rising Sun turned away from it. She regarded Expecting to Fly, "helped us or helped them? Perhaps it is someone that voted for Butcherbird that made sure to off him in the night?" It was only a handful of Kin that did so: Expecting to Fly herself, Tracks, and Errant Thought all had minimal reasoning for voting against the buck. But that wasn't reason enough for Rising Sun to vote against any of them in turn. They were all, it seemed, acting on little information, as Errant Thought had mused yesterday. "The smallest amount of information we have, however, is from those who haven't spoken much at all. While it could be a good cover, I disagree that they are the most likely to be predators. After all, predators are known to be cunning and convincing."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:47 am
"I wish to know what hidden predator takes the prey he or she themselves outed during the day. They are feinting," Tracks replied dryly. "Or they found his name amusing, for he was a Butcher."

He turned his head towards doe that had mentioned color. "And she was not the only one to vote on color alone or on ones name. Going by who voted who is not working. If anything, the predators are likely using it to make us panic."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 am
The predators kills seemed to be nonsense and those on the fringe continued to stay quiet. This game was rather frustrating. She sighed, "Second Start to the Right's quietness isn't helping us." It bothered her to target people without reason but better to squash the silent than those with voices at this point.

Minsuil
I believe the votes using Capacity to Act stem from this post. thy explained the name confusion here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 am
thyPOPE
Sage frowned at Freedom to Act. "Hey, it wasn't just because of that," he petulantly corrected her, "Colored Spring has been harassing me almost for the entire game! Now, that... probably wasn't a good reason to get salty," he admitted slowly, as if it was being dragged out of him, "But all this talk of predation - murder - and being constantly singled out - even if it is by a lunatic," he added under his breath - "is a little bit stressful. Our host's vivid descriptions aren't helping, either," he added, shuffling his feet uncomfortably.  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 pm
Kitty Sprightt

Amizade
look up! c: <3

Freedom to Act flicked a smile at Sage. "Stress can be confusing," she started, tone implying that she thought nothing of the sort - she didn't mind that kin disliked her, or the interesting turn of narration - "but we think you mean to talk to her," she finished, nodding at Expecting to Fly. While Life, too, had disliked that his provided reason for abstaining was to look less suspicious, she hadn't said anything to the point. And sure, it made him seem suspicious, to her (and Expecting to Fly's vote and contribution was something she appreciated, even if she wouldn't have chosen to condemn the same kin just yet), but there were others who'd abstained from worse than voting - she'd liked Wild Sage, she thought, on the first "day," at least. Now, it remained to be seen. Though he did bring up something interesting, and she turned to Tracks to speak her mind on it, for he'd said something a little more pertinent.

"It's true that Colored Spring" - who Life had thought male, but perhaps Tracks knew better - "was not the only one to vote on color or name alone, but it is long past the first 'day,' when we lacked information." And Fiend, who'd been practically silent, was the other one - though his vote the previous day was a little more understandable than a random one. "But if going by previous votes won't work, what will?" There weren't many talkers here, and that was really the only information they had besides votes. That was why she'd wanted to examine the quiet ones, but she thought examining votes was not invalid. "I don't think examining previous votes makes us panic, but perhaps working with so little information has."
Shaddaling

She narrowed her eyes at the votes for Second Star to the Right. On one hand, Life certainly agreed - as far as she could remember, the doe had only spoken once, and she had made little contribution to the conversation other than congratulating someone for using reasoning - something commendable, certainly, but not a reason for the doe to vote in itself. That had struck Life as suspicious, and the fact that she hardly spoke at all - well, of course Life didn't know what to think. Shy though Second Star to the Right might be, she'd made the decision to play this game. But she wanted to wait for the doe to speak up before voting - unless, of course, she didn't speak until just before the day ending. For now, though, Life would give her time - though the votes on her were probably reasonable.

[ooc note at mins/everyone - morphy owns his twin, so she was fortunately less confused by it, and she did mention to me that she counted votes for Capacity to Act as votes for Freedom to Act, and would continue to do so if anyone else voted for Capacity to Act (it's a good thing he isn't playing, or there'd be actual confusion...)! so feel free to use that name, ahah <3]  
Games and Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff