Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Games and Events
[Battle of the Tribes] Through Your Eye's Hunting Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:15 am
Farrow inclined his head towards Freedom to Act in acknowledgement of her words. "There are indeed those that have promised knowledge and if they do not feel the need to share such important information today and yet still remain alive tomorrow, I will look their way."

The buck let out a long breath as he made his final decision. "However today, my choice had been decided upon a- yes admittedly brief, exchange, but I believe it was telling. Butcherbird."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am
Errant looked sideways at Butcherbird, tilting his head slightly. "I find that I agree...just because it was the first round doesn't mean that there wasn't a little more thought involved than who was the most outspoken..."

In fact, the more he thought on that, while he certainly could agree that quieter kin could be more secretive in their plotting, and thus a surprising amount of trouble down the line...the more he thought that oversimplifying the possible motivation to that degree was misleading in its own right.

"And besides, the more vocal, in their speech, are better able to sway others to the way of thinking they want, I'd think"

This last was said more slowly, as he went quiet again to ponder that a little more.  

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:49 am
In a way, Farrow was right, she thought. It wouldn't be much fun if they didn't get into the spirit of the game, but then again...

Fly's eyes flew wide open upon being accused by Fiend. "But I always talk a lot! It's a problem of mine," she answered sheepishly.

She fell silent as she listened to the others talk, and found herself in a bit of a muddle. There was a lot more to go off this "day", and so of course, she had to relay her thoughts out loud.

"I really want to trust you," she said, nodding towards Farrow, "but you were the first to speak after the kill, and you only gave us two options. Those who opted to kill Sweet Gale or the one he chose to name. Okay, so maybe you're thinking logically, orrr, maybe you're trying to limit us in our options. And have you guys noticed?" She looked between the ones who had spoken this round, "the ones who have spoken were also the ones who killed off Precipice. How do I know you're not all working together to confuse us?"

She had successfully talked herself into confusion. Fly looked between the four, trying to decide, her eyes finally coming to rest upon Farrow. He was way too convincing, perhaps he had something to hide.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:37 am
"Someone had to speak first and offer a solution. Though clearly I didn't even listen to my own advice in the end," he answered calmly. "I can hardly limit anyone from coming to their own conclusion."

The buck grinned. "You can't know, unless you're a predator, and that will be the downfall for a lot of us."  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Doubleback's gaze lingered a bit longer on Butcherbird, and if the buck ever looked back, she smiled demurely at him. His previous wolfish gaze had not gone unnoticed. She would be the first to deny any weakness for dangerous looking bucks.

"But I must agree...the predators seem to offed an...odd choice. Why choose Sweet Gale when three of our own even voted for him last round? Would it not be easier to try and convince us of his guilt and have us lynch him instead?" She glanced at the doe that Sweet Gale had implicated. It had struck her odd that he had chosen to throw doubt on another rather than plead his innocence. His death surly cast a shadow on her too. It made more sense, in her opinion, for him to be offed to protect one of the predators.

But then, perhaps that was too easy. It was still early and no one had any solid information to throw out there right now. In such a case, perhaps the best course of action was to vote for someone who had failed to participate last round. Doubleback looked around.

((OOC: Below is some info spoilered. I might have counted wrong or missed something so pls feel free to amend me! The ratio was 18:4 at the start, but I suspect it is 16:4 now.))

12. Ruriska: Farrow | VI

8. thyPOPE: Freedom to Act | IV

16. and be blue: Butcherbird | III
10. Minsuil: Doubleback | III

1. Samuel Carlin: Eating Fireflies | II
7. Dizzy_Kat: I'll Never Tell | II
2. Kitty Sprightt: Wild Sage | II
5. Sarano_Krem: Feral Storm | II
9. phoenix kiss: Flint | II (Both short tho)
18. PeanutButterpies: Blurs and Stains | II
22. fluorescein: Fiend | II
11. Vashtya: Errant Thought | II
13. Amizade: Expecting to Fly | II

3. Shaddaling: Tracks | I
4. anemosagkelos: Lightning Strike | I
6. SilverShieldwolf: Sweet Gale | I
14. Nuclearity: Rising Sun | I
15. Tiarana: Colored Spring | I
20. Vesperiie: Precipice | I
21. Face Your Demons: Flood of Light | I
17. FrostyPeaches: Kiss of Death | I
19. Moonstone Dazzle: Second Star to the Right | I

Votes so Far

ROUND 1:

Precipice: thyPOPE, and be blue, Ruriska, Vashtya, anemosagkelos

Sweet Gale: Tiarana, PeanutButterpies, fluorescein
Feral Storm: phoenix kiss, Dizzy_Kat, Kitty Sprightt

Butcherbird: Shaddaling, Minsuil

Fiend: Vesperiie
Blurs and Stains: SilverShieldwolf
I’ll Never Tell: Sarano_Krem
Colored Spring: Samuel Carlin
Flint: Amizade
Eating Fireflies: Nuclearity

Abstaining: Second Star to the Right

ROUND 2:
Butcherbird: Ruriska
Expecting to Fly: fluo
Farrow: Mizapizza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:00 am
User Image"What I know may not be of any consequence to any of you. It may not even be related to the game we find ourselves in. I was accused of intelligence (an accusation I am flattered by) and merely suggested that if it were true then I might be of more use than just a quick scapegoat?"

"Were I afraid of being found out, would my accuser be still standing 'today?'."

With that the acha turned to Double Back. "I would say either those three are not 'our own' or that the predators chose him to make us think they were. It is a tough decision. If we are looking at the most vocal though, I would think either Farrow... or you." She looked back at Capacity to Act.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:58 am
"Being silent does not mean we are any more or less suspicious," Flood of Light suggested. However, even by drawing attention to himself surely he was concerned that it would make him a target. He wasn't thinking terribly far ahead, just watching.

Capacity to Act and Blurs and Stains made Flood of Light uncomfortable. He considered, briefly, which of the two he trusted less. In the end, he would vote against Capacity to Act; why? The singling out of silent Kin was, to say the least, an uncomfortable tactic to employ when he himself was often silent.

Apart from that, picking an ally and then questioning the guilty as though it was a trial and she their appointed judge made Flood of Light uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 am
The motives of others, especially unknown, were hard to root out. "It is strange that the last vote was for Sweet Gale and in turn, the predators, killed him," she agreed. She turned her eyes to Fiend, considering him, before turning her gaze to the others. Three had voted for Sweet Gale; three had also voted for Feral Storm and he still lived. Was he innocent and kept alive as a distraction or was he a predator and saved by his own? Everything was so circular.

She moved to stand by Doubleback, "Perhaps they wanted our focus to remain on Feral Storm but they may well have just saved him because he is a predator."  

anemosagkelos

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:16 pm
Ruriska
And he was hardly outspoken at all."

"He hardly said a word, which is exactly my point." There was a sarcastic edge to his voice, chin raised so he could look down his nose: Butcherbird not amused by the petty revenge vote. He shook his head, sharply, and then looked to the doe running things.

"I was going to go for the quiet ones, trying to hide in silence. Instead I vote for him, if that's the way we're playing this game. I'd rather I were a predator than sit here waiting helplessly for childish accusations, but as I'm not, I have to assume Farrow is trying to thin the herd."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm
Colored Spring hummed to himself. One green kin had been eliminated, which was very exciting. But there were still two green...ish...kin amongst the gathered players. He waved a hoof towards Wild Sage. "Look at that awful green. That guy gets my vote this round."

Then he edged close to Rising Sun. "Hey, you doing anything later?"

Nuclearity

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:43 pm
Sage gave Colored Spring a cool look and nodded at a nearby tree. "Look at that awful green," he said, dryly imitating Spring's intonation. "We'd best accuse this birch of murder posthaste."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. All of the bickering and bitching reminded Flint of the beach: in a way, it was nice and comfortable, but he grew tired of it there and was beginning to grow tired of it here, too. But this had the added effect of people dying, which threw a spin on things.

He opened his mouth and was taken aback by Wild Sage's dire comment; he tossed his head to clear it. It wouldn't do to try and say something serious and have to hold back a giggle the entire time. "I don't think the people who spoke and who voted Precipice out necessarily have anything t'do with one another, I mean. I spoke and didn't vote her out." He shrugged. "But I really don't like Farrow's all or nothing approach. Farrow gets my vote."  

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:16 pm
Tracks twitched an ear, listening and snorted. "Really?" He muttered, looking at Safe and Colored Spring and shook his head. Could they should a bit of maturity? He tipped his head, thoughtful. "I don't know any of you well enough to judge," he said mildly. "But I will go by the majority vote at the moment."

He looked over at Farrow. "No offense."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:21 pm

While she could see that everyone was suspicious of her, and they had a right to be, she was at least glad the conversation had turned from her. While it probably wasn't his intent, she inwardly thanked Butcherbird.

"I do admit my reasoning is faulty," Blurs and Stains began, "The first round is hard to get information from. I just acted on what I thought was... best I guess." She decided to stay quiet and just listen, unsure on how to vote. Points were being brought up, good ones too, about Farrow's somewhat limiting nature but also Capacity to Act's way of well, acting.

"I think my vote goes to Farrow too." She finally added, quietly. "I don't really know why, but your intentions don't strike me as right. I guess I'm going with a gut feeling." Her gut feelings were better than nothing, she supposed.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:40 pm
"To the contrary, we're a little more inclined to distrust the silent, for we need to discuss what little information we have." Freedom to Act nodded at Flood of Light and I'll Never Tell. "We are not suspicious of you because we think you intelligent, I'll Never Tell - that was not my accusation at all." She smiled again - a little pompous, was that one? "Instead, I found it suspicious that your defense in the previous false day was that you had information, and yet..." Life tilted her head. I'll Never Tell still hadn't volunteered whatever information she had promised, although she did make a good point, and she could admit it'd be clever for one with information to keep the ruse for a few more days yet. And so Life's own suspicions rested on Blurs and Stains and Lightning Strike, for now.

She turned to the discussion of the buck she'd thought was speaking wisely. "We agree that Farrow was rash to accuse Butcherbird merely for disagreeing with him, because he could have voted better despite...what little information he was working with." Butcherbird and Flint were making decisions well, Life thought, though she wasn't so sure that Tracks was also doing the same - someone following majority rule, at this point, had to be trying to blend in.

Tracks and Farrow's choices had been alarming, but perhaps they'd been smart to make one rather than waiting around for this incredibly quiet group to volunteer their opinions. The day was running out, and silence from some was far more interesting, to Life, than silence from others. That decided, she turned, too, to the doe who'd proposed the game. "My vote is for Blurs and Stains," she'd decided. A suspicious doe, who'd provided unsatisfactory answer. Perhaps she was prey, and had simply spoken badly - but either way, Life wasn't sure she trusted someone who spoke badly so consistently. Lightning Strike, at least, could say she had bad hearing, although that was probably where Life'd look on the next, er, false day.

She ignored the other exchanges, though she flashed Sage a smile in acknowledgement of his humor.

[[also, uh, OOC note - i'm really really sorry if this is confusing, but my doe's name is Freedom to Act! Her narration is messed up because she gets herself confused with her twin, Capacity for Death, so sometimes the names get mixed up in her narration + she uses "we" instead of I. I'm gonna assume all the votes for Capacity to Act are for my doe? orz ;;;; ]]  
Games and Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff