Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Games and Events
[Battle of the Tribes] Through Your Eye's Hunting Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Having followed a number of other kin upon hearing mention of a 'game', Errant Thought wasn't quite sure what to make of this--but, since their...host, for lack of a better term, had stated that no one was going to get hurt, he was all for it. Games were usually fun, after all, win or lose.

Finding he agreed with those pointing out that looks were hardly a good way to distinguish a predator from prey...particularly when a third party had assigned the roles, Errant shifted slightly, wincing slightly as he stepped on part of his mane. That's what happens when I don't pay attention to where I'm putting my hooves... he thought with a small, self-directed sigh.

Not recognizing any of the kin also participating, he tilted his head slightly to the side, looking rather intent.

Maybe he'd take just a little longer to decide just who he thought was a predator...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Doubleback did the best she could to stifle her own laughter. Voting based on looks? This was foolish. But there were enough people that potentially thinning down their numbers wasn't going to be too detrimental. She glanced around, observing the gathered kin. Oh, this was going to be fun. Nothing like a bit of mayhem and panic to start a game off.

"If we must take our best guess then, surely it is Butcherbird that must go. For in this room who is more wolf-like than he?"

((OOC: Hey Morphy, can we get the ratio info? Or is that just floating around somewhere and I'm just blind...))

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:22 pm
Life tossed her head, a little grin playing on her face. "We literally have nothing else to go on, so early in the day. We get more information from hearing reactions to accusations than from sitting around and waiting for someone to say something incriminating." Though, really, if they went by Wild Sage and Flood of Light's suggestions, Lightning Strike did begin to look extremely suspicious.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm
Blurs and Stains, for the most part, had stayed quiet throughout the start which was uncharacteristic for her but then again this was a bit of an odd game. Accusations were being thrown out here and there, already the trust shattered but was their really any trust in a game like this? Silently she took note of others, all while smiling a little, attempting to look friendly. If the desired outcome was achieved by that, she really didn't know. But then, she heard her name being called nearby her.

While she took little offense to being called out, there something about the way that the buck had called her out that made her think twice. Her smile slowly dropped a little as she stared, gathering her thoughts. "You seem a little skittish. Perhaps you are a predator?" She finally called out to Sweet Gale, disliking at how quickly he had picked. There was thought to be given and he had seemingly not given it.

True, Bruise was being a little off character with her seriousness, but then again, this was a bit of a serious game. But hey, death was involved, so she was more than happy to play. After all, death was pretty interesting.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm
Feral Storm gave a heavy sigh. why did he ever agree to do this? He didn't even understand why Through Your Eyes invited him. She probably did it to mess with him. "What's your angle," he said, thinking aloud.

Although Feral Storm didn't like the idea of participating in this little game of hers, he still decided to play, and even more so, he decided that he would do everything he could to win.

Storm looked around, taking hard looks at the other kin surrounding him, half-ignoring their wild and mostly thoughtless accusations, though some were rather smart. While it was true that no one knew what the others were, he was determined to win the game, and Precipice's comment on cunning was something he could agree with.

Eventually, a feathered blue acha caught his sight. She looked suspicious, to say the least. Feral Storm walked over to I'll Never Tell and called her out. "You look like you know something. I say we get rid of you."

Moments after calling the acha out, he heard another kin calling him out. When he turned around, he saw a buck staring him straight in the eyes.

"I look wolfish!? really!?" He couldn't believe these kin were still voting based on the physical attributes of other kin. "What gives you that impression?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It still didn't make sense to him, choosing who was dangerous based on who looked the part. That wasn't how you told a predator from its prey. Not the only way, at least.

But still, if this was the way the game was meant to be played...

"If the predators are disguised, then why not someone like him?" he asked, gesturing with his nose toward Colored Spring. "Bright and obvious. We'd see a predator like him coming from half the swamp away. Sorry," he added with an ear flick. "Nothing personal."  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:27 pm
"So lets see what we've got so far, we think the wolfy ones are suspicious." Doubleback nodded at Precipice, Butcherbird, and Feral Storm in turn. The noted omission of Lighting Strike struck her as odd since the kimeti was literally wearing a wolf pelt. But hey, she was just recapping. "And along that lines our dear Mr. Dark and Handsome,"she said with a wink to Eating Fireflies," has implicated Colored Spring for being too bright. Blurs and Stains also suffers for judgement of her pelt by none other than the accused Sweet Gale. "

" That leaves the others who have come under suspicion for one reason or another. And for folly of knowing too much, no less. Whatever that means considering we know nothing right now beyond the fact that there are some who are predators and some who are prey."

Doubleback looked around and waited for someone to amend her. Anything that would offer a bit more information on this crucial starting day.

Votes so Far:
Precipice: thy
Butcherbird: Shaddaling, Minsuil
Feral Storm: phoe
Colored Spring: Sam
Blurs and Stains: SSW

Fiend: Vesp
Sweet Gale: Tiarana, Peanutbutterpies
I'll Never Tell: Krem
Wild Sage: Face Your Demons (Is this a vote??)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:48 pm
Butcherbird tipped his head to consider Doubleback, eyes narrowed, assessing, and yes, it was very much the way a wolf eyed its meal, and he didn't bother arguing with her. It wasn't worth the time.

"To be fair, I have heard that she is a dangerous doe." It came with a nod toward Precipice, and it seemed more admiring than insult, really.

"And I'd want her out before she can cause us all damage, so there lies my vote."  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:19 pm

Kiss of Death listened and looked at the kin that had been talking so far. The gathered players had already started the game. She couldn't help but snort through her nose at what was said. If they were to go by looks, most of them could fit the part of being a predator or prey.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:30 pm
User Image"You have as much of a chance of being a wolf as I." I'll Never Tell tossed her head, flipping the little lock of hair across her forehead. Her attention was quickly drawn away from the doe and her 'brother' as another kin walked right up to her.

She stared coolly at Feral Storm. "I would say in a game like this, information is a powerful tool. It would be unwise to throw me away... unless you fear I know something about you?"

"If you are so threatened then maybe it is you who should be the first to go?"  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:53 pm
"We think that's right," Capacity to Act said, speaking up again. She made no note of her strange choice of pronoun - of course, she was not the sort who'd ever noticed that. "Although we must say we're a little confused that some of us have spoken up but refrain from taking sides." She cocked her head toward Errant Thought and Rising Sun, subtly, she thought (although Life was not very practiced at being subtle).

She turned her head quickly, though, when I'll Never Tell spoke up. Drama, and a risk-taker! "Are you implying that throwing you away would mean we lost information...that we could gain from someone who isn't mere innocent prey?" That implication...it was the sort that didn't care about outcomes, and Life thought she liked it for that familiar disregard. Although, really, if she spoke truly, she'd probably be dead by the game's false night, and if not...well, "tomorrow" would be interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:51 am

Farrow had remained silent as the others began the conversation, his gaze sliding from one to the other as they made their accusations. Mind games were his favourite past time and this one was made more interesting given that they had nothing to base their first vote on. They were hunting blindly and it would take a major slip up for anyone to reveal themselves so soon.

"Unfortunately," he said softly, "our chances of taking out a predator is slim, but a vote must be made. Perhaps it is one of those who chooses to say nothing... after all, they need do nothing more than let everyone turn on each other and make their vote count at the last moment."  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:10 am
Whatever else this game is, it looks like it'll definitely be interesting, Sage thought. It was entirely unlike any game he'd played before, but there was something about it that he liked a lot, an almost familiar kind of excitement. Had he dreamed of it once, maybe?

He was a little mollified by Capacity to Act and Farrow's words. "You're right - I guess there really isn't any helping it this early on," he conceded with a sigh. "We just have to go in blind and hope for the best. In that case... I suggest we remove Feral Storm from play.

"Sorry," he added as an aside with a slight, apologetic smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:23 am
Flint looked -- for just an instant -- shocked that people had backed up his suggestion, made in the blink of an eye. It was vindicating, a little bit; he stepped farther into the clearing, tossing his sunbleached hair out of his face with a patter. "There's no way to tell. But someone has to go first."  

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Expecting to Fly blinked. She was neither particularly cunning nor clever. She had thought this predator-and-prey game would involve actual hiding-and-seeking or something, not mind games.

Her brows furrowed as she thought, trying to process everything. Finally, at Farrow's words, Fly cleared her throat.

"You guys are being silly. This is meant to be a game, but you're all so... so serious!" She loved games but not if everybody was going to get so hung up about it. Looking around at the mishmash group of kin, her eyes wandered until they landed on Doubleback. "Wait, are you related to me?" Her excitement brought her away from the game, "and you too!" She gestured at Kiss of Death, "we're matching! And Mister Legendary sir," she looked happily at Fiend, "you look so cool! Do you only look see-through or can thi--"

Whoops, she was talking too much again.

"Sorry, um, I guess if someone has to go first, then you wouldn't mind?" she nodded her head at Flint.  
Games and Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff