• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:20 am
User Image

S E L F - R P // S a s t i m o s
B a s k e t // F o a l

Chapter 1: Silver Bells

The basket lay in loneliness upon the grass. Its parents were nowhere to be seen. Their moment of love was over. Their fun was done. The mother was unwilling, and therefore absent. It was a warm night, but nothing could stop the emerging foal from shivering after leaving his basket. He sat in utter solitude, crying out for the mother that would never come. He had no name. He had no home. He had no purpose. He had no parents. He cried and cried.

When his sobs subsided, he heard a tinkling and jingling noise. Thinking it was his mother coming to save him, he looked up from the ground. But of course, he saw nothing. But he listened curiously. The bells he heard were all around him, swirling like wind and becoming louder. It almost seemed like the noise was forming words. He listened hard, opening his young mind and tiny ears to what was happening.

You have a purpose.
You are important.
We will guide you.
We can help.
Do not worry young Sastimos,
You are not alone.

His tears stopped, and he was content. He didn't know what was happening, or what it meant. He only knew that he was safe, and though he seemed alone, he was not. He listened to the lullabies of the spirits, and drifted to sleep against the warmth of his basket.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 am
User Image

A d o l e s c e n t

Chapter 2: The Spirits That Guide

A c c o m p a n y i n g // R P:  

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 am
User Image

A d u l t

Chapter 3: Learning to Fly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:41 pm
S E L F - R P // R i s t i
B a s k e t

Chapter 1: Through the Tunnel

"Twisted Hint: The faint illusionary shadows seemed to make the basket crack, chip, and slowly crumble away before it returned to its whole self. How odd."

I won't remember this later. I won't remember the tunnel. But all I know now is the whirling lights and swooping feeling in my stomach. I won't remember it later. I push against the walls of my basket, the feeling of anti-gravity pulling at me from all directions. I can't escape, it's not time to come out yet.

I feel like I am falling apart, and then I am normal again. My basket cracks open just a bit and I can see the horrors of the world, I can see the twisted and ugly beings that the tunnel holds. I won't remember that later. In fact, I make a point to put it out of my fragile mind. My basket returns to normal and I feel safe again. But I feel different. I feel strange. I won't feel it later. But I know it now.

I feel like half of myself, but I feel heavier. Light is dark and dark is light. And suddenly I feel I am rushing downward in my basket. My basket chips again and wind comes in and creates a tornado in my little home. It whips my mane around and makes me cold. And suddenly I land in a thud on the ground, slight pain in my body from the impact. I crumble and fall apart. And then I am whole again, the sound of my mother and father reaching my tiny ears in blurred noises.

And suddenly I remember nothing. How odd.

A Twisted Family

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:42 pm
F o a l

Chapter 2: The Breaking

It was in the dead of winter. Icicles hung from barren tree branches, snowflakes fell from somber clouds, and insects froze in their places in a deep slumber until the sunshine of spring melted them again. The wind blew ice into everything, wrapping the world in snow and slick solidity.

Risti stood before a frozen lake, its surface opaque and dusted lightly with fresh snow, unyielding to the little bird that hopped in its center. She had been following the little creature, hoping for a friend. She stepped forward, testing the thickness of the ice and making sure not to slip. On all fours now, she stepped forward tentatively. She watched her hooves as she placed them delicately on the icy and deadly water.

She saw her reflection past the snowflakes frozen onto the ice and blinked at herself with a daring little smile. She was almost at the middle now, but out of the corner of her eye she saw the bird fly away. She huffed at her reflection, seeing a pouting and upset face staring back at her. She didn't dare look up, it was far away by now. It was just what she needed, to be stuck in the middle of a frozen lake all alone. She glared at her reflection, stepping forward a little more in hopes of reaching the other side. There was no reason to stay here any longer. There was nothing for her here. But as she stepped, she heard a sickening rumble under her hooves. She blinked in fleeting panic at her reflection as a crack split through the ice, breaking her reflection apart.

She stared, not daring to move and trying not to breathe. But what came next was worst. She looked at her leg, which felt odd. It seemed hard, and cold. It seemed almost hollow, almost as if the muscle and bone underneath her skin was falling out of her hoof tip. She looked around carefully for the inside of her leg, but saw nothing. She moved her leg very slightly, just to see if she could. Her heart jumped when she heard a tinkling noise and a piece fell off of her leg, leaving a hole where it had been. The ice underneath growled angrily at her shifting of weight and pulled itself apart even more. To her absolute horror, the more the ice she stood upon broke, the more her own flesh began to chip. What is going on? Her heart began to beat very fast as she felt that she was freezing and falling apart along with the lake below her.

She tried not to panic. She tried not to cry. She tried her very best not to cause more breaking of herself and the lake. But more and more chips fell to the ice that was now flooding with cold water. She was doomed. She knew she was doomed. She was going to completely fall apart into tiny particles and become a part of the frozen lake below her. The lake was going to swallow her whole if she didn't fade away into nothing first. No one would ever find any evidence of her. No one would ever know what happened. She watched the breaking continue up her legs and take over her chest. She didn't want to move, she would explode into a million pieces and be gone with the wind.

The cracks in her body stopped. She breathed very little, she wasn't even sure if she could breathe. She stood there, willing herself back together again. To her surprise, the broken parts of her body began to merge back together again, began to recede back down her leg. She blinked at her reflection in the ice below her, which it seemed had never actually been broken. She was whole again and so was the lake. She didn't feel like there was nothing inside her, and she could feel her heart beating and her lungs rising and falling as she let out her breath finally. That was all that mattered at the moment. She figured it was an odd dream as she skated back across the lake and back home to her family. She pushed it out of her mind for the time-being, until the breaking returned...

Bits and Pieces
Odds and Ends
Picking up the Pieces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:49 pm
A d o l e s c e n t

Chapter 3: Seeing the Future

Risti peered at the beads, oval and circular and a glossy goldish brown, she had always admired them from afar. But now she looked at them closely, her crumbling reflection flirting with her as she studied their shape. She could feel their power, pulling her in further and further towards them. Her mother's instructions and voice slowed and deepened, and then faded away altogether.

Come on! This way! The foal giggles, bounding down the pathway and leading me to a fork in the road. It's just this way. He says. Over there? I ask. Yes over there. The path looks grim. The angry trees and deceiving vines block the sun, and I can't see to the end of the path. Only darkness. I look to the left and there is sunshine and beauty. He insists. Go on! I step forward, and enter the mouth of the beastly path. I advance a little further, but turn, sensing danger. The darkness consumes me. No! No! Please, I want to go back!

The beads glinted up at her in the sunlight and she blinked. What just happened? What was that? She looked at her mother innocently, batting her eyelashes and faking interest, hoping she hadn't screamed or lashed out at Rinkini. But it seemed nothing had happened, because her mother was still giving instructions on the beads. And that made it even worse. Am I crazy? She wondered, looking back at the beads lying on the ground and staring at her accusingly. She looked away, not wanting to cause another vision. Her mother regarded her with concern, asking her to please focus on the task at hand.

"No mother. Please, I want to go back," she said, scooting towards the direction of her siblings and father who were playing in the distance. The curiosity and interest that had gripped her before was no longer present in her heart. She didn't want to talk to her mother about what had just happened, knowing it would only inspire further nightmares for Rinkini. Risti wanted to distance herself from the beads, wanted to destroy them. I don't want to know the future if that's what it looks like...Her mother allowed her to leave, and she trotted off lightly to play a game of tag with her siblings, unsuspecting of the fact that the beads had nothing to do with her vision, and that there were many more to come.

Knives and Cleavers  

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200