Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Odds and Ends (Risti and Zhutkaya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 pm
User Image
Risti crouched low to the ground, her long catlike tail swaying behind her. She was pretending to be a mountain lion, hunting a small animal that had been rustling in the bushes. She had no interest in killing it, or eating it, she was just pretending she wanted to. She knew many members of her family needed blood to survive, but she didn't. Or at least, she didn't think she did. Every now and then when playing with her siblings and nipping at them, her teeth had the urge to bite down harder, to sink in and clamp shut. But those feelings were fleeting, and never lasted.

She wondered how horrible it must feel to be so reliant upon blood. She could never imagine hurting something or destroying a life, and blood seemed so messy. This made her wonder about her family. She supposed they were...odd. But they were not strange to her. She was odd herself, who was she to not accept her family? Or anyone else, for that matter?

No, to her strange was normal, and normal was a foreign concept. To her, the oddballs and freaks of the world were beautiful, just like everyone else. Everyone was meshed together in a hodge podge collection of eclectic beings in her opinion. But perhaps that was because she hadn't met many others yet who qualified as strangers, or friends.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:11 pm
User ImageZhutkaya had once again managed to wander past her father's line of sight and out into the wilderness. It was becoming a weekly venture for her. So far her father had not noticed her disappearances, which was sad, yet understandable. Since her mother abandoned Kaya and her siblings with their father, he took care of them all by himself. She gave him credit since he was not only taking care of three foals on his own, he was taking care of three slightly different foals. Well, really different foals. Weird-looking ones.

Zhutkaya frowned. Every time a 'normal' Soquili crossed her family's path it was a constant reminder of the odd looks they themselves possessed. Her father was 'normal' and from what he told them, their mother was 'normal' too. But somehow Kaya and her siblings had developed irregular looks. She had yet to meet another like her besides her siblings.

Her red eyes swirled as she plodded after a bug in front of her, playfully swatting at it with her front hooves nose until it crawled underneath a bush. Puffing out her cheeks at her fun being gone, she noticed a rustling near her. Blinking, she noticed it was the bush next to the one where her prey had disappeared. Waddling around it, she paused at the sight of a regular-sized foal crouching on the ground.

Huh... were they hunting? Kaya's eyes suddenly locked onto the noticeable odd cracks in the foal's body. Was... this foal like her? A grin threatened to tear her face in half as the small foal waddled into the open.

"Hey! Can you teach me to hunt!?" she exclaimed, her reptilian tail swinging behind her as she walked up to the stranger with a smile. She didn't need blood to survive, but hunting seemed like a fun skill and it seemed to be something this foal liked to do.

Baby Pandah

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm
Startled by a voice behind her, Risti turned quickly, her tail sweeping the ground and leaving chips behind as it cracked. The momentary surprise caused her flesh to begin its breaking phase, and she felt herself crumble more than usual. Through her anxiety attack, she saw a very small foal standing before her. She felt bad that she had to witness this. She thought about shooing her away but she didn't want to move. She tried not to cry as bits of herself fell to the ground before the other foal's innocent eyes. She took deep breaths, calming herself slowly. Finally, the cracks began to reform and her panic subsided, leaving only the normal cracks behind.

She looked at the little foal, trying to remember what she had asked. Hunting? Teach? She blinked at her. "I...I'm sorry...I don't know much about hunting. Just that you have to be really quiet," she said, smiling slightly and wrapping her tail around herself shyly and feeling a little embarrassed by her little panic attack. She looked at the foals eyes and was immediately intrigued by them. Not frightened, but curious. She smiled at the other, more than anything wondering why she was so small. "What's your name?" she asked with a smile.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:52 am
Zhutkaya blinked as the larger foal spun around and bits of her fell away. Her eyes widened, not in fear, but in curiosity. That was... so cool! The other foal really was different like her! She tilted her head to the side as the crumbling stopped and the light-colored foal looked her way.

"Quiet, eh?" Kaya puffed her cheeks out. "I'm not good at that," Except when I sneak away from daddy she added in her head. Though it didn't take much stealth to sneak off from her overwhelmed father. He was usually wrestling with her other siblings and too busy to notice her at all...

The bigger foal met her eyes, and Kaya inwardly cringed. Did she think they were weird? She curled her reptilian tail behind her, hoping the foal wouldn't think badly of it. If other Soquili weren't frightened by her eyes, they were incredibly put off by her tail.

"I-I'm Zhutkaya," she said, suddenly shy. "What's your name?"

Baby Pandah

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 am
"Well, I don't know. I mean you did just scare me pretty good," Risti giggled, still a little embarrassed, "I had no idea that you were there." Despite the foal's doubts, Risti thought she was pretty good at being quiet. It wasn't hard to sneak up on her because her giant ears heard almost everything. Perhaps she had just been so distracted that she had not noticed the little foal. Either way, she tweaked her ears back and forth a little now to make sure they were working correctly. She didn't want that to happen again.

She could tell immediately that she had made her uncomfortable. She wasn't sure why. Perhaps she didn't like to make eye contact and Risti had stepped over a line? Oops. She looked elsewhere besides the other foal's eyes, hoping not to make her any more uncomfortable. "Hi Zhutkaya. I'm Ri," she said, using her nickname. She didn't like to tell others her full name. It just seemed too...personal. She smiled at the other foal, batting her eyelashes and wondering if she had a nickname as well. She watched the little reptilian tail curl and uncurl behind Zhutkaya, and wiggled her own catlike tail, looking back at it and smiling slightly. It seemed they were both oddballs.

"I like your tail," she said sweetly, grinning at Kaya and displaying her own long tail for the little foal to look at.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:41 pm
Kaya blinked her swirling red eyes as the foal broke eye contact. Maybe she really was scared of them... Zhutkaya fidgeted a little before the foal spoke again.

"Ri," she tested the name, deciding she liked it. It was nice and short, unlike her long name. "Well... well you can call me Kaya then! It's short - like your name!" she smiled. Her eyes were drawn to the long tail swinging behind Ri before the lighter foal's words registered in her brain.

"You... you like it?" she whispered, trying not to get too emotional. This had never happened before. She'd never met someone like her. Someone that liked her odd attributes. "Well - I like yours too!" she exclaimed, quick to let this new foal know that she liked her, odd features and all. "And your skin is super cool! How does it do that?"

Kaya's tail, once hidden behind her, was now swinging back and forth in full force as she observed her new friend - Because that was what she was determined to make Ri. A friend. Her very first friend.

Baby Pandah

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 pm
Risti grinned. "Of course I like it! I would trade you for it if it would work on me," she giggled. Her smile faded a little at the mention of her skin however. She had never really thought of it as super cool. It had always seemed like a curse to her. She had always considered it a burden. She always had to be careful or she would break herself. What could be more annoying?

"I don't know how or why it does it," she said looking down at herself. She wouldn't admit even to Kaya that it scared her, even though it was obvious that it did. She thought to herself that she would have to not seem so vulnerable. Vulnerability meant she could be attacked or taken advantage of. All the same, she was glad that someone could see the positive side to it. After thinking about it she supposed it probably was pretty cool looking, and perhaps she could use it to her advantage if she could just get the hang of it. The smile returned to her face as she looked at Kaya.

"Were you doing anything fun?" she asked sweetly and changed the subject, hoping Kaya would have a game to play of some sorts or somewhere to go.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm
Kaya giggled. "It'd be too small for you silly! I'd probably trip over yours anyway - it's so long!" she took a moment to watch Ri's swinging cat-like tail, but frowned when she noticed the look on the other foal's face.

"Hey... I think your skin is pretty neat," she murmured self-consciously. "I know what others think of... different ones, but I don't think like that. I'm different too," Her red eyes swirled as if to back up her claims.

Kaya shook her head. "But anyway, uh," she was suddenly embarrassed. She wasn't normally the serious type and the random declaration threw her off balance. "I was, uh - Oh! I was chasing a bug!" A grin spread across her face. "It was sort of fun - we can go look for more! Or just go exploring! I do that all the time,"

Baby Pandah

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm
Risti giggled, imagining her tail on Kaya. "You're right, that would be funny," she said. She was still curious as to why the other foal was so small, and wondered if her siblings had smushed her in the womb. She didn't ask though, she had made the poor little thing uncomfortable enough.

"Thanks," she smiled. It was nice to be accepted, nice that Kaya thought her skin was neat. She certainly was different as well. Risti hadn't really thought about it except that she was smaller than most. "Can your eyes hypnotize people?" she asked excitedly. She hoped Kaya wouldn't be offended, she was very curious about her eyes, not afraid or put off by them, only interested.

"Ohh! What kind of bug? Let's go look for more and explore at the same time!" she exclaimed happily. She loved exploring, and she had never really gone out of her way to find bugs, but she was sure it had to be fun if Kaya thought it was fun. "Maybe I can teach you how to hunt as well...although hunting bugs is more difficult. It's like they have eyes in the back of their heads!" she said incredulously, wondering how the tiny creatures could move so quickly and know that danger was coming without even turning their heads.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:09 am
Kaya blinked at Risti's question and quickly became cross-eyed as she unsuccessfully attempted to get a look at her red-swirled eyes.

"I dunno - I never tried!" she exclaimed, eyes still crossed. "That'd be pretty cool though," she mumbled, uncrossing her eyes and shaking her head. She jumped up and down at Risti's enthusiasm.

"It was this big fat bug!" she laughed, her eyes swirling excitedly as she hopped around Risti and recounted her earlier hunt of the big red beetle in her head. "I almost had it but it escaped," she paused to pout but then continued to hop about. "Please teach me Ri! I wanna catch some - we can definitely get 'em together!" Kaya said, playfully nudging the other foal with her small hoof. "It'll be fun!"

Baby Pandah

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 am
Risti giggled at the cross-eyed, swirly-irised Kaya. "It would be cool. You could practice on me if you want," she offered, nodding excitedly. She wondered what it would be like to be hypnotized, and she trusted Kiya to do it if she wanted to.

"Ok, well, we have to be really slow and quiet," she said, crouching close to the ground and lowering her voice to a whisper. If there was one thing she knew about hunting, it was that it required absolute silence. Her tail swept the ground behind her as she prowled forward as best as she could without looking too awkward.

"Which way did it go, Kaya?" she asked, looking back at her friend with an eager smile. This was fun! It was nice to have someone to play with and someone who wanted to hunt with her. The bug she envisioned in her mind was huge and shiny and she wanted very badly to find it. Although, if it was as big as she was imagining it, there would be no trouble in finding the thing.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Sorry that took so long!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:55 am
Kaya blinked before shaking her head worriedly.

"I wouldn't wanna do that to you!" she exclaimed. "We can try it on the bug though! Do bugs have eyes? They must if they can run away from me so fast," she rambled a bit as she hopped from hoof to hoof before quieting abruptly. "Oh," she whispered. "I could be quiet... I think" she giggled.

She turned to the bush the bug had ventured into.

"It went in there," she pouted. "Can we get it still? Or should we hunt something new?" she grinned, awaiting her new friend's guidance.

Baby Pandah

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 pm
She peered into the bush, looking back and forth between Kaya and the bug's location. Even the little usdia foal was too big to easily venture into the shrub. She pouted as well for a moment, pondering what to do next.

"Well, maybe we can scare it out?" she suggested, ditching the idea of being quiet for the time being. Perhaps if they yelled and shook the bush around, the bug would fly out and they could pounce on it. Then perhaps Kaya could try her hypnotism with her eyes on the bug, since she wouldn't try it on Risti.

"Let's give it a shot...WAH! RARARA!" she shouted. But the forest was still silent around them, perhaps even more so now. And still no bug. "You try, Kaya! It's fun!" she grinned. Being noisy was far more fun than being quiet. If only all hunting could be done this way.

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Sorry for the late reply. School has been hectic, but almost over! I'm sure you're just as busy. Hehe. Hope life is going ok for you! :3

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games