Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♠ { MAIN QUEST 2 } Open NOW til March 24th @ 11:59 PM PDT Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Bloodlust Dante rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 pm
Objectives

• Part 1- 7 HP
  • Part 2- Failure
    -------------------------------------------------
    Quest Restart- 2nd attempt
  • Part 1- 6 HP
  • Part 2- success
  • Part 3- Left choice
    - Received Quest item Second Chance Timer, placed in your inventory (Press I to inspect)
  • Part 4a- 5 HP

The silent prayer that the beast would lost the trail one it got to the junction was thoroughly smashed as REX heard it pick up the pace, the sound of its thunderous stride moving quicker and getting louder. It sent a ripple of worry down his spine and to his extremities as he made longer strides, fully swingin his arms as he heard the beast snap at anything in its path, a tree that screamed and went silent quickly.

It did nothing but spur him on as the beast nipped away. The pad that was in his hand dropped just a smidgen as it got closer, and REX whined in a high pitched squeal for the gods above to have mercy on him.

"Why aren't you chasing your tail or something!?"

OOC

My character's username: KingREX User Image
My character's level: 5
Character's HP: 30
Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character:

Lithe and brown and green of eye and fast footed, KingRex enjoys his proper class attire of mother of peal and accents of Jade. Fluffed and layered chocolate locks does not take away from the wild eyed and manic adventurer.

Character journal: here

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:48 pm
[THE CHASE PART III: THIRD TRY]

Of course there was a ******** fork in the road. Loverboy did not bother to stop and quibble over which path to take. He cut left instantly for the second chance timer, and shot a glance over his shoulder for any sign of the Jabberwock.

Too close for comfort, it loomed through the trees, snapping at this and stomping like that. For the first time in the course of his haunting, Charles felt fortunate. He already knew what it was to die.

MY STATS

My character's username: loverboy6969
My character's level: 2
Character's HP: 7/30
Character's Job Class: Mad Hatter
Current party: N/A for the moment
Current Guild: N/A for the moment
Small IC description of character: An angry and overweight mad hatter with a clown face. Not tall.
Character journal: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24278569

wuthering gee

Fanatical Loiterer

Bloodlust Dante rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:51 pm
Objectives

• Part 1- 7 HP
  • Part 2- Failure
  • Part 1- 6 HP
  • Part 2- success
  • Part 3- Left choice
    - Received Quest item Second Chance Timer, placed in your inventory (Press I to inspect)
  • Part 4a- 5 HP
  • Part 4b- 3 HP

The words fell on deaf ears, ones that REX was not sure it even had, nor wanted to be anywhere close enough to find out. He continued the pace and toward the woods.

He prayed the foliage and the lack of visibility would help to lose the pursuing stampede of one. one dicey encounter of turning almost into it led to another clash of fabric against teeth. and again, he was not going to wait around to see if it had enough.

He hoped the trees were not blabbermouths and would give away his position.

if only the tree stumps were here.

OOC

Current party:
Current Guild:

Lithe and brown and green of eye and fast footed, KingRex enjoys his proper class attire of mother of peal and accents of Jade. Fluffed and layered chocolate locks does not take away from the wild eyed and manic adventurer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 pm
[ THE CHASE PART 3 ]

With his breath coming in short puffs did he come to a fork in the road. Though he did not dare to spend too much time contemplating which way to go, he felt it warranted at least a few seconds. Left was a potion bottle...and right was...a stopwatch of some sort? So, what would it be? Left or Right?

RavenousDelirium hedged one way and then the other, shaking his head and then glancing back to make sure the Jabberwock wasn't right there. He knew that even if it wasn't there yet, it would be soon. Setting his jaw resolutely, Mouth headed to the left, picking up the timer just before kicking his pace back up.

OOC

My character's username: RavenousDelirium
My character's level: 3
Character's HP: 6/30
Character's Job class: Gryphon
Current party: --
Current Guild: --

Tall, lightly muscled with glowing red eyes and dark grey, mottled skin, RavenousDelirium wears the black and white with gold-trim Gryphon-class set though there are many patches and additional "accents" added to the basic set. His dark hair is long and thick, slightly waved from being pinned out of his face and his overly-wide mouth is rarely given to any emotion beyond scorn or smirk.

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
wuthering gee rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

wuthering gee

Fanatical Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:55 pm
[THE CHASE PART IV: THIRD TRY: EVADE 1/2]

Loverboy just about lost his s**t when the Jabberwock started moving faster. He couldn't tell what the ******** he'd done to make it so angry, but he'd had just about enough of running. Maybe it would have been okay to die again...

... unless death meant that he would be stuck in this terrifying loop for the rest of his unnatural life.

MY STATS

Character's HP: 5/30 -3
Small IC description of character: An angry and overweight mad hatter with a clown face. Not tall.

wuthering gee rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:01 pm
[THE CHASE PART IV: THIRD TRY: EVADE 2/2]

The beast was everywhere. Loverboy was a little ball of frightened fury where he raced through the trees in order to evade his adversary. He vaulted over fallen logs, ducked under branches, and cursed his bad luck the whole ******** way. He'd forgotten what it felt like to sweat, and had no pulse to mark the time, but he was exhausted anyways.

It showed in his face. Instead of the perpetual scowl Loverboy usually wore, he looked tired.

MY STATS

Character's HP: 2/30 -1

wuthering gee

Fanatical Loiterer

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm
Objectives- Escape the Jabbawocky

• Part 1- 7 HP
  • Part 2- Failure
  • Part 1- 6 HP
  • Part 2- success
  • Part 3- Left choice
  • Part 4a- 5 HP
  • Part 4b- 3 HP
  • Part 5-
    Quest Complete!
    -200 EXP
    - 2 loot card
    -1 fragment
    - Ability card

The thumping in his chest. REX really hoped that it was not something audible, that the thing could not hear that. It felt so loud in his head, louder than the status pad that was vibrating to show that his health was much lower than was preferred.

Excuse you pad, running in fear right now.

But the sounds were not as loud, muffled steps and after careful consideration, a cursory glance around did not show anything bitey to be in the midst.

He was going to lay low for a bit and rest. and hope that whatever it was was not stealthy enough to catch him while he takes a break to sit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
Quest Complete Reward:
After escaping the Jabberwocky SUCCESSFULLY your quest is complete! You gain:

+ 2 levels
+ 1 fragment for your faction (white or red)!
+ 2 loot cards
+ 1 ability card! Keep all ability cards in your BATTLE ENTRY LOG. What ability card you get depends on your job class. Please see below for each card. To use a card simply post it in battle. Read the instructions on the card carefully. Posting an ability card does NOT count as a turn. You can use multiple ability cards in battle. Effects do not stack. Meaning if you have one that has +2 attack and one that has x2 attack you have to choose one or the other on that turn. You can only do this quest and get this ability ONCE per character. You can only get this ability when you FINISH the quest.

OOC

Current party:
Current Guild:

[Eskimo] rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm
<< Now Entering ... Harebrained >>

There were no words to describe the thing--no satisfying adjectives she could come up with. How could one describe it? A beast, a puppet...dangerous.

The world was fake, wasn't it? Was it real? Wasn't it all just a dream? Would she really be killed? She couldn't remember. Had she ever known in the first place?

Just run! her mind shouted at her. And run she did.

The Jabberwock lunged at her, swift and powerful, and she took a minor hit. But she recovered, and she continued on, racing, racing, racing away as fast as she could manage. Trees seemed to jump in her way, but she leapt over and around them to the best of her ability. Blast that forest!

She kept running.

MY STATS
User Image

My character's username: Harebrained
Character's Job Class: White Rabbit
Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: A pale, freckled, hare-eared girl with long, brown hair reminiscent of medieval times. Her class outfit is white + white & red, and a pair of large golden spectacles rests atop her mid-parted hair. Her right hare ear is double pierced. Something about her seems mischievous.
Character journal: [BATTLE ENTRY LOG]
Please note: My username prevents me from receiving quote notifications in guilds. Please PM me if you quote me!

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Syrie rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:06 pm
[ THE CHASE PART 4a ]

Just as he'd thought, the Jacking beast was right there! It was coming so fast, so vicious - Mouth didn't know if he'd make it or not when suddenly SNAP! he was hit. Badly enough that he felt he wouldn't make it...but then suddenly that timer he'd picked up started doing...something. Weird.

The SECOND CHANCE TIMER broke in his hands as he rolled back onto his feet to continue trying to escape the Jabberwock!

OOC

Character's HP: 6/30

Tall, lightly muscled with glowing red eyes and dark grey, mottled skin, RavenousDelirium wears the black and white with gold-trim Gryphon-class set though there are many patches and additional "accents" added to the basic set. His dark hair is long and thick, slightly waved from being pinned out of his face and his overly-wide mouth is rarely given to any emotion beyond scorn or smirk.

[Eskimo] rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Twigs cried out as Harebrained bowled through a patch of hedges, but she didn't stop--she couldn't.The thing was still after her. It was a stubborn brute, but she wasn't about to stop and sling insults at it. She was sure its teeth would retort.

The foot steps, oh criminy, the foot steps; they were thunderous and evil, sending waves of reverberation through the ground. The sound wouldn't stop. The sound--...

But then another sound came. A voice--many voices, all murmuring and building in volume together. She knew those voices...her coven mothers!

"Come here, Gwynnie! It's safe just here," one called, "come and rest, love."

"Didn't you always want to live in a tree?" another asked, "This one! Quick, in here! Just stop!"

"ARE YE SCARED, GIRL?" one barked, "Turn and face it, ye unweaned kit!" She gasped as she panted, but she didn't stop--she couldn't.

Not even for them.

MY STATS
User Image

Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: A pale, freckled, hare-eared girl with long, brown hair reminiscent of medieval times. Her class outfit is white + white & red, and a pair of large golden spectacles rests atop her mid-parted hair. Her right hare ear is double pierced. Something about her seems mischievous.
Please note: My username prevents me from receiving quote notifications in guilds. Please PM me if you quote me!

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Syrie rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 pm
[ THE CHASE PART 4b ]

RavenousDelirium was lucky with the Timer's help, but his luck seemed to hold because while the Jabberwock lunged to attack him, it only bit down into his shoulder and instead of killing him it shook him and let him go as he jabbed two long fingers jabbed into it's burning eye.

He dropped to the ground, his pocket card chirping his current HP: "You have 4 HP, please use healing item soon." But he could only mutter back at it as he kicked back into gear, running for all he was worth with one hand pressed hard against his shoulder.

"Shut up, if we get through this alive, we'll talk--"

OOC

Character's HP: 4/30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:12 pm
[THE CHASE PART V: SUCCESS YAY]

Despite his exhaustion, Loverboy did not stop until the sounds of the Jabberwock faded into nothingness behind him. He swore and stomped, listening for that old familiar, feminine voice-- and heard nothing.

He was alone in the woods again. Blessedly ******** me," Loverboy groaned, hands on his thighs as he recovered from this latest near-death experience, "I need a smoke."

---

+2 levels
+1 fragment for red faction
+2 loot cards
+1 ability card

MY STATS

Character's HP: 1/30

wuthering gee

Fanatical Loiterer

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 pm
[ THE CHASE PART 5 ]

Bolting from the shrieking Jabberwock, Mouth wasn't paying attention to where he was going...at least, not until the sunlight hit him more brightly than it had the whole of the time he'd been stalked by the beast. He looked around, slowing to a jog; it wasn't following him! For whatever reason, the Jacking thing had decided to give up.

Maybe 'cause he tried taking it's only eyeball out?

Whatever, that didn't matter. What mattered was that RavenousDelirium had made it!

OOC

Character's HP: 4/30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:36 pm

The voices subsided and she felt a little safer. Well, "safer" was maybe a relative term. There was still an angry, murderous, rampaging Jabberwock behind her. But what was the big deal? She was going to be just fine.

As she was busy meditating on positive thinking, she burst onto a path and saw that there was a fork ahead of her. At the speed she was running, her eyes went left then right in a matter of milliseconds. In that sparse amount of time, she saw two things: a health potion and a second chance timer.

Left.

She didn't stop to snatch the timer. No, she never stopped. She simply grabbed it up as she ran and continued on with her prize. She just hoped more than anything that she wouldn't have to use it...

MY STATS
User Image

Current party:
Current Guild:

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

[Eskimo] rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:38 pm

When she thought she couldn't run any faster, and that maybe she just had to give up, she heard the Jabberwock's speed intensify. She knew by not only the sound of its steps, but by the crunching and thrashing of trees and teeth and claws and screams. If she stopped, she was done for.

Survival instincts renewed, Harebrained attempted to increase her speed. Regardless, she felt herself take another hit and cried out. But she kept on running.

MY STATS
User Image

Character's HP: 5/30 (-3 = 2)
Current party:
Current Guild:

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games