Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:24 am
Miela

Where she was standing, quietly sweeping her eyes over the sands and twitching as the eggs began to do so themselves as well, Miela wasn't at all expecting anyone to be brave enough to even approach her. Or maybe foolish was a far better word for it. Yet her face tilted up and up and further up until she blinked owlishly at the giant who had chosen to come over near her and talk. He would make an excellent shield lest a particular egg hatched an angry dragonet with a grudge and claws to back it up. Horrible thing to think of course, but it entered her head and erased her current calm lake image so abruptly that it snaked in there.

"First, most likely of many." Miela answered shortly and peered out at the eggs "They just couldn't wait any longer it appears. We'll see what becomes of them n..."

Cut off by the appearance of yet another person, one she knew this time but honestly thought wouldn't come to find her, let alone with Rahmsii in tow. This was becoming crowded. Her eyebrow raised for just a moment before she was able to mask the confusion and intrusion that all three of them were bringing to her with closed eyes and shut off face. If there was to be blood she had believed it would be only hers, but now it was complicated and not just in her own head. Certainly the two she'd met previously had been kind while they had painted quietly with her, or not so quietly with questions at times, but Miela hadn't thought they would...

She pressed two fingers to her temple quietly for a brief moment and sighed inwardly. Whyyyyyy her? Hadn't she proven to be a terrible person to so many, or rather enough, that those with good hearts might choose to leave her be?

"I suppose the more the merrier at this point in the hatching. You'll all be off and away soon enough with dragonets I'm quite sure." Miela posed, looking at Tuelarua with her boyfriend Rahmsii, no she didn't care if they called themselves that or not it was so clear, and the newcomer who's name she hadn't quite gathered yet but who she had already thought terrible thoughts about. "If you're all fine being seen with a bad candidate that's your business. Don't blame me if a dragon comes this way with claws extended though."

Oh no, she hadn't missed the violent twitch of Ding Dong's shell, some baby was interested in coming out and she just hoped it wasn't angry.

medigel

Prism Shine

Spockat

---

F'nar & Brown Neirinth

An abrupt shake brought the blonde rider from his sleep, his eyes barely opening as he shifted and edged towards where Zamistia had been sleeping only a moment ago, he could have sworn. F'nar made something close to words but certainly more mumbling and grunts as his back popped and sore limbs from a recent fall made their protestations heard, but he rose out of bed in the dead of night for the hatching. Since he had no one out there that he knew, really he would have slept through it if he hadn't been awoken, but he knew full well why Misty wanted to go and the heel of his hands squeezed at his eyes for just a moment once he was standing fully straight up. How long ago had he fallen asleep?

Aren't you glad that I hatched in the beautiful morning instead of the inky blackness of night? Neirinth's own sleepy voice hedged at his fogged up mind almost insistently. Should we go to join them for this interesting night? Could be quite the bit entertainment out on those sands.

"Yes, we're going to join them, but you only want to go so you can see Kinitarth and snuggle. Don't you try and deny it." Somehow, through the haze of his waking mind, F'nar had found his way over to the brown's head and draped himself over Neirinth's neck, still shirtless and only in pants. I need no excuses to go and recite poetry for the blue of my hearts, but that would be quite the bonus to watching this.

It didn't take long for F'nar to find the rest of his senses, yank on a reasonable shirt, and climb aboard Neirinth so they could head towards the hatching caverns. Both peeled off from one another once there though, while he might have spent time with the great brown on the ledge, he would have no room with two dragons and Misty was waiting for him. To his credit, Neirinth called quietly for Kinitarth, not certain if he and his were quite awake but there was a lilted song of offer for a better sleeping spot if the blue wished to join him.

Dea and #Teddy#
For Misty from both F'nar & R'iz and Bossuth below.

Prism Shine
Come to big brown little glass blue. lol

---

R'iz & Bronze Bossuth

Coiled as he was in the arms of sleep, it took Bossuth a moment or two to rouse R'iz from slumber, something that had never come easily for his redheaded rider. Nanuth had seemed to want them present for the hatching and given that Nalacko was out on the sands, it seemed appropriate for the scarred little bronze that his Radish wake up this instant. Finally, not receiving any real response outside of a grunt, a pair of tail tips smacked down on his side and he was up and awake. "Bossu? Why... are you awake so late? We have training tomorrow." Still just weyrlings, there was no hope of any break for them, only training after being awake all night.

Nala needs us, come on. Bossuth urged, his wings creating a bit of a windstorm inside the weyr until R'iz stumbled to his feet and pulled on clothing. For good measure he threw on his riding jacket and figured he could at least be warm and sleep some while they were watching. Bossuth would know when Nala impressed, when it happened. If only he was down there with her.

There won't be any time for sleep, go find your friends. As he dropped him, Bossuth looked up around at the ledges and picked a nice one far near the top, empty and ready for such a small dragon as him. R'iz wandered over to Misty and gazed out over the sands, seeing Nalacko's robed form. He couldn't quite wave or send any measure of support her way, but he could think it and that was enough since he couldn't protect her himself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:13 am
Candidate Rhys - He/Him - HR

The moment they began to move, Rhys was in rapt attention. Excitement burned in his chest and he moved forwards a bit, standing still in the throng,but now closer to the eggs. Who would be the first to shell? Who would be first to show their faces? He was so in love with every single one of them, and they'd yet to even hatch.

Candidate Brenva - She/Her - HR

A smile curved her lips as they began to rock, her eyes moving over the shells as they began to rock. Mm, soon enough one or two would spill forth the first dragonets, and Brenva would get a chance to see what was going to come of the clutch of Zenobiath. Terribly exciting.

Candidate Eyriean - They/Them - HR

Even as the first shells rocked, Eyriean was trying to take to heart that one of the eggs, at least, had accepted them as they were. Taking heart in that, they moved a bit further from the back, standing closer to the middle of the groups so that they could see who first came from the shell.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:28 am
Rundanrul - W

Rundanrul's attention was pulled to the Holly egg as it began to wiggle. Here we go, he thought to himself as he pulled on his calm, cool exterior. Starry Night moved a bit as well, though if it was on its own or due to Holly's exuberant shaking, who knew? And then Ding Dong Bell egg started to join in the fun. While he hadn't been the one to piss off that egg, he certainly hadn't made it any better. This was going to be an interesting hatching

---

Versha - HR

Never having seen a hatching before, Vera literally couldn't hold back the gasp of surprise and delight as the Holly egg began to jerk and rock. She looked at Veri with a huge grin before gazing back at the egg, her excitement palpable. It was hard to remain calm and still when so much was happening!

"Veri," she whispered softly, her hands twitching in a subtle motion. They had liked that one, it conveyed. She was excited. This was exciting! More eggs began to move and her sharp eyes watched it all, still so excited it was hard to keep still herself but also taking in everything the sands had to offer. How many Candidates there were, all the healers, the 'escape' routes, all the dragons and people watching...if she were timid it might be overwhelming, but she'd been raised to be a performer, to stand in the public eye. This was nothing.

For now.

Hattaki
And Shar below

---

Shar and Yulaniath - HR

Up! Up, SharMine, we are called!

"Huh?" Shar opened one sleepy eye to peer over at Yulan who was hopping frantically on their small ledge. The greenrider groaned as she pushed herself up, slowly flooding with the excitement and hope her dragon was giving off.

The Hatching has begun! Nanuth has summoned us to support Nala, Yulaniath said, swiveling her head around to stare imploringly at Shar. That got the girl out of bed and dressed - Nala had been there among her and her friends at the last hatching, had witnessed the bloodshed and death and insanity, and was the only one out of the little group that had formed to not Impress. Surely the cheers of three dragons and their riders would give her courage to stand strong in this one since they couldn't be down there with her.

"All right," she said as she pulled on a few warm layers. It was a chilly night, after all. "Let's go."

The trip down to the Sands wasn't a long one with how excited Yulan was. Shar was dropped at the entrance to the stands and caught sight of R'iz and Misty not far from where she stood. A few moments later and she plopped down next to the redhead, yawning softly as she gazed out over the sands. Ah, there she was.

"Now that's a manageable sized clutch," she said quietly, watching some of the eggs move. How strange it was after all these hatchings to be up in the stands, her own fully grown dragon somewhere up above?

Said dragon had spotted Bossuth's shiny hide on a tiny ledge, too small for even her to land on, so instead Yulaniath landed right between Bossuth's wings. Gently, of course, and once she settled her small frame on her brother she booped his neck with her nose.

How exciting! I've never seen a Hatching. Hello, Nala! You'll do so well, she said, first to Bossu and then to the small Candidate down below. She sent reassuring feelings to her before retreating mentally, not wanting to overwhelm her and startle the soon to be hatching eggs.

Dea and #Teddy#

magnadearel

---

Fivudal - Healer

One of the other healers made a soft comment as the first egg began to shake, drawing Fivudal from his stuffy daze. He rolled his shoulders and blew his nose one last time (hopefully) as he tried to switch into his surgeon mindset. Nothing else mattered right now but these Candidates finding their dragon and vice versa. No headcold or remnants of whatever illness had left him bedridden for days would stop him from doing his duty. Each Candidate was important if not for this Hatching than for the next and it was their duty to ensure that if anyone was hurt, they'd live to see the next clutch. He could do this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:35 am
blue sophrosunth

< Ah, good eve! Or good morn, I suppose! > Sophrosunth greeted his siblings, jovial as ever if a bit groggy still even after the humming. Out on his ledge and stretching, the blue yawned. He would need to find a better lookout for the event. < And a prosperous start to this winter day indeed! Zenobiath, Aresoth, I cannot imagine how proud you must be. I myself am a mass of vibration and anticipation! Truly, these hatchlings will be beautiful and blessed with a large family to fall back on within the greater weyr--and one much too talkative uncle, ahah. I very well may chatter the length of this hatching if you do not mind; such is my nature for such a wonderful occasion. >

Sensing Monath's disgruntlement, he sent a soothing touch. < Perhaps you would prefer a perch with company? > It wasn't as if he was expecting anyone to come visit his, and Soph had a way about him that was calming even as he babbled. < Demanthra is doing perfectly. You need not worry. Perhaps I should call someone else to make this our viewing party together? >

Only, was there a free sibling at all? Soph became momentarily distracted sifting through the throng of minds, at length settling. < Dearest Elzebuth, would you like...Oh! Well, hello there, Anakumath! I might have suspected you would be interested, ahah! Well, do not mind me then. I am a touch more a windbag than usual, but I hope you have found a most perfect perch. I imagine it is getting harder by the second. >

And yet he was languidly making his way. Sophrosunth was a dragon of peace, and while his speech could be hurried and excited, his body continued at its own pace.

BastetAmun

MaraRune

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Dea and #Teddy#

- - -

Dhawsn - he/him

"Aw, yeah, tha's the way t'go about it," he agreed, happy to see there was at least a matter of fact way about her answer if it couldn't be optimistic. "Wouldn't call ya bad, though, hun. Makin' mistakes is kinda part've bein' human. Faranth knows I made a s**t ton at these." His repeat one was probably telling the eggs jokes. "Don' think about it too much; yer here t'be welcomin' the kids, not beatin' yerself up."

Turning to the pair joining them, the man smiled broadly. "Dhawsn," he replied, extending a hand. "Nice t'meet y'all." He was always happy to have the younger candidates nearby, as well as any excuse to socialize before and during the Hatching. It had become habit now to be ready to step in and take in hatchling damage if someone got targeted.

If nothing else, Dhawsn wanted to be chosen for that.

"Gawsh, I don' get how High Reacheners like this cold stuff," he said with a violent shiver. The sands were warm, sure, but the air wasn't. "Gimme the beach anytime."

Prism Shine

Hattaki

Spockat

- - -

mel - she/her

"Damn straight."

She kept her arm around him and offered another to Haveli as she approached. Well, less offered and more just slung around at her next opportunity as her version of saying hi. "Havi~" she purred before answering Kaiator's question.

"Naw, I had Candy Cane and Elfie over there," she told Kaiator. "Candy was cute, couldn't tell ya anything about Elfie besides its kickin' eggshell." She didn't seem particularly bothered by it. That had been her first touching, so she didn't know if it was normal to just not know, or to have tantrums cut things off. The mystery to it made her intrigued, if made her a bit impatient.

Others seemed to share the idea. holly wobbled and Starry Night moved. Should they cheer or something? Mel glanced about. Now Ding Dong was moving, and she had seen the candidates that had been around those. Party indeed.

houllow

Zaikt

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:42 am
sariraii
Lol Kyzkyz.

Ruunan [HR] - 17 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Kyzier’s friendliness didn’t perturb Ruun in the slightest- in fact, their buoyancy almost made him glad in a way. It was almost as if no matter what, Ruunan was going to walk away with this hatching having achieved something (making a new friend). He hoped nothing bad befell this candidate- he seemed to be bad luck for some (Meztli had been so kind)...

He chuckled as Kyzier continued their train of thought; what a strange way of thinking. That was the sort of confidence Nyara seemed to possess in spadefuls- how did folks do it? He wasn’t entirely sure how to answer- yes, most dragons were fantastic. Some were a little scary in their fear and hunger to find a bonded… Kyzier seemed the excitable time, and a hatching was no place to bring the mood down with dark thoughts. “I’m sure the dragons will appreciate someone as great as you.” Ruunan said, with a nod and an easy-going smile. Some of his nerves were fading in the face of Kyzier’s sunniness.

The eggs began to shake a little more vigorously. It seemed that he had been wrong about his guess- and he should have expected it, too. It looked like a contest between three of the eggs, including Starry Night. “Were you able to touch any of those ones?” He asked, his voice turning breathless as excitement wheedled its way into his chest, turning his breath sharp and hot. Holly, Starry Night, or Ding-Dong Bell? Ruunan wasn’t one for gambling, so instead he sent gentle waves of encouragement to each. Freedom and food is so close, little ones! And their bondmates, too.

“I… I was kinda… kinda talked into it. I’m a… weyrbrat. My father’s a dragonrider, and so is my sister…” He looked at his feet, colouring a little again. Not that he wished he was anyone else- but in his mind, he was a little braver, and a little less silly. Maybe dragons could see a potential that he could not? “I hope you’re right though. Thanks.” He looked up again, giving Kyzier a grateful nod, his smile growing more confident. It was difficult not to be afraid when the future hung in this very moment, but when all was said and done, he could simply try again, if he wished it...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 am
Ara (Western) - she/her

Ara had found that the last sevenday at High Reaches Weyr was a vast change from Western. The structure here was more like the lifestyle she'd been accustomed to as a drudge. Not that candidacy was easy or unstructured at Western, but there was a clear sense of a hierarchy at High Reaches that was instantly familiar to her, and she had fallen easily into her most subdued, unobtrusive manners, behaving more like a drudge than a candidate. She made no protest, therefor, when a summons to the sands came in the dark of night. The dragons were the most important creatures in the Weyr, and they had chosen this time to require the candidates' attendance, so of course she rose with alacrity and dressed with haste but not alarm.

It wasn't until she was standing on the hot, glow- and lantern-lit sands, looking at the eggs once more that Ara's awe overwhelmed her upbringing. She curtsied to the mother gold in a daze and stepped onto the sands, her eyes wide and her jaw slack. Eventually she sought out a few particular eggs among the clutch, those who had interacted with her so pleasantly, and she smiled in their direction. Today they were going to find their people!

Movement from other eggs quickly stole her attention away and she looked back and forth between the Holly, Starry Night, and Ding Dong Bell Eggs, rocking powerfully in the sand. This was magical.

Tonori (High Reaches) - he/him

A tall shadow toward the back of the candidate group, Tonori stood silent as the eggs began their production. He reminded himself which of the eggs had proven particularly volatile at the touching and marked where they lay in the clutch. A veteran of numerous hatchings, he knew that the way an unhatched dragon behaved within the egg needn't line up with the way they behaved post-hatching, but it never hurt to be aware.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:13 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Rider of Gold Mictecath

User Image

It was fun to people-watch, as well as egg-watch. Nyara settled into the seat, observing sleeping dignitaries, the stern faces of the candidate and weyrlingmasters and their assistants, the Weyr as a whole gathered in a time of celebration, but with a certain tension that would not dissipate for many Turns, she imagined… She wondered, for a moment, if E’dan might show; but reconnecting with her father was proving complicated. And T'en, perhaps? Mictecath would enjoy Rixth’s company, of that she was sure.

But she glimpsed a familiar face and gave a big wave and a brilliant grin, calling out, “Yura, over here! I saved you a seat.” She hadn’t- not intentionally, anyway, but her voice was teasing and teasing him was fun. “I think I’m going to need my wine laced with klah tonight…” She spoke airily, already thinking of the dance to come. The hatching was grand, and as the eggs began to rock more vehemently she leaned forwards. “Oooh, a half-mark on that gold and green egg- the big one. I think that and the starry one will vye for first. What do you reckon?” Was Ding-Dong going to be Zenobiath and Aresoth’s first golden child?

As her rider chatted away, Mictecath leaned against Nanuth, interrupting her humming to croon a greeting. You are always welcome by my side, dearest Nanuth. Her voice was soft, as though she did not wish to disturb the proceedings. It would be nice to be amongst friends tonight. I could not be prouder of our family, and excited to see our home grow richer for the arrival of these young dragons. Pride and happiness burst like sunshine in her mindvoice, and she craned forwards as the eggs began to rock with gusto.

Have you been keeping well, Nanuth? How are your drills? Is your rider staying warm for the winter? It was just who she was- a dragon who fussed over those nearest and dearest. It had been a hard habit to put to bed, and Nyara had given up trying unless she really started interfering. She nuzzled her sibling, eyes whirling a gentle blue-violet. I know you would tell me if things were not right... There was an undercurrent of expectation in the softness- she would find out, one way or another… and best it come from him.

That is, if there was anything to worry about in the first place of course.

houllow
Nyara calling over Yura!

Dea and #Teddy#
For Nanuth!

Smerdle
For mention of T'en and Rixth.

ShinosBee
For mention of E'dan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:11 am

Starry Night Egg shook itself again. Definitely on its own.

Hmmph.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:57 am
Akaris and Samodith

With the incident that had cost her her eye now over two months behind her, Samodith was recovering well, and expected to be ready and able to rejoin her wing within a few sevendays or so.  Moving her head and neck was no longer accompanied by such pain as it had been initially, now that the burns had had time to heal properly.  She'd been most pleased once she'd been allowed short flights again, enough to get about the Weyr and, most importantly, to her ledge (or certain other ledges when she was in a mood for such).    It alleviated a little of the restlessness she had started to feel but shared with few other than her rider.  And the leadup to the Hatching had been a bright point, not because she was interested overmuch in hatchlings but because it meant visits.  Her injury had foiled a Turn's worth of plans to visit with Hers' family as soon as possible after graduation, but the Touching and now Hatching meant that A'ral and Zinath could come to them instead!  Granted, the Candidatemaster pair was quite busy with their duties, but they would take what they could get.

And with the Hatching now upon them, that meant a certain bronzepair as well.  Samodith gave Andelath an affectionate nuzzle and moved to stretch languidly, as Hers rose to get ready.  Akaris made sure R'lyr was awake as well with a kiss on the cheek, then set about making herself perfectly presentable.  She gave no thought at all to the time of night, as excitement and anticipation had her wide awake within moments.  Even with a lot to do - simple but fetching green dress put on, hair in place, and makeup perfected - she was ready in short order.

Lovely draped herself across her shoulder, the most perfect of accessories, and she reached out to take R'lyr's arm with a beaming smile. "Shall we?"

Perhaps he would want to sit with his family while she sat with hers, but whatever the seating arrangements, they could at least arrive together.

Once the humans had been deposited, Samodith butted her head gently against Andelath's one more time before seeking out Hers' most favorite of bronze dragons.  She did not wait or ask for an invitation, knowing full well that she would be expected.  She alighted with delicate care and a wave of the warmest affection, and happened to be posed just so that she could be fully admired, scars and all, before cuddling right up to Junenth with a deep thrum. Dearest Junenth, it has been far too long. While with most others there would have been an air of flirtation about it, with this bronze it was all familial affection; she knew quite well that he was spoken for!  That might not have been enough to restrain her with most others, but this was a special case.  His other half, busy with her Candidates no doubt, was sent a similar wash of affection and purred greeting. Zinath.

Though she had chosen to keep this particular company for the evening - it was such a very rare treat, after all! - she did not forget soft, fond greetings for others such as Rizoth and Araneath, or Skerath and Cythereath, or Museth, or other friends whose company she enjoyed.  She did, of course, spot a certain gold and brown, who if not for the presence of Western guests she would have presumed to join without hesitation. Anakumath, Elzebuth.  I would be most tempted to fit myself in beside you to watch, were the view from here not so excellent.

And she very clearly did not only mean the view of the Sands.  Coexisting with her affections, however inconvenient they might be, had brought her a measure of peace, but for her that also meant being open about them, returned or no to whatever degree.  She would not revisit the toxicity of bottling them up.

Shaddaling
for boyfren and ledgemate!

Uta
for best bronze! and nudges for Cythereath and Rizoth

Mr Cheri
for other best green! and a nudge for Araneath <3

demon_pachabel
for best gold!

Tsunake
for best brown! and also a nudge for best bitey green

houllow
just a little nudge for Museth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 am
R'bin of brown Huarangith (Western) - he/him
Eridan (Western) - he/him

It had been surprisingly easy for R'bin to persuade Eri to come to this hatching. His nephew still felt terrible about turning his mother away on his nameday and was now eager for the chance to see her and apologize and tell her he loved her and ask her to please come home. At least, that was what Eri had told him and Huarangith had confirmed that the youngster really did feel contrite and anxious about seeing his mother.

Fortunately, R'bin doubted he would need to worry about Eri causing a scene at the hatching. The late hour meant that the boy was barely conscious as R'bin bundled him into several layers of warm clothing and wrapped a blanket around him for good measure. He got onto Huarangith's back without protest and seemed to doze for the entirety of the brief ride. Just in case things did get hairy, R'bin found them a place near one of the entrances to the hatching grounds so that he could remove Eri in a hurry.

"Is she here yet?" Eri asked, doing his best to spot his mother's face in the crowd. "Do you see her?"

I've bespoken Raqisath, Huarangith said as he settled into a perch elsewhere. She says Reya will be here. She also says that if Eri does anything to upset her rider there will be consequences.

What sort of consequences? R'bin wondered, but Huarangith didn't have an answer for that. Raqisath had not elaborated on her threat. She had only made it very clear that hurting Reya was not an acceptable outcome for this hatching. She had also declined to sit with Huarangith, it seemed, and the brown's feelings were a little hurt by it.

"She's not here yet," R'bin answered his nephew. "But she's on her way."

She will sit with us, won't she? R'bin asked Huarangith to ask Raqisath.

Raqisath says she will, and to save space for T'of, too, Huarangith replied, resigned to his role as a communication device while everyone settled in. Puzzled he added, Who is T'of?

A jerk, R'bin muttered mentally as he relayed Raqisath's reply (via Huarangith) to Eri, along with a reminder to sit still and behave, which earned him a glare that lost some of its force for being sleepy.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 am
Oranie - she/her

Oh, they were rocking... Her eyes widened quietly, wondering which one would hatch first. A dragon like Menankith... It would have been easy to pretend that Elibrie meant in terms of kindness, but they both knew better. Menankith was a brown dragon--a dragon she thought was meant for boys. A dragon that had gotten her disowned from their family. Even now, she felt a little betrayed that they'd been told that Nadry was dead.

"There might be," She answered, and then, quickly and a touch defiantly, "The dragon knows best." She quoted the mantra that was repeated around the Weyr. If a dragon wanted either of them, no matter the color... wouldn't that be more important than what their family thought?

Movement caught her eye, and Oranie was relieved to see Juhvek. She felt a little safer, and didn't hesitate to step closer.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

--

Chakuri - she/her

The candidate next to her had startling white hair--but Chakuri couldn't help but find it beautiful. She smiled back cheerfully, not at all daunted. "Good luck!" She whispered--and nearly jumped out of her skin as a hand clamped down on the back of her neck. Chakuri puffed her cheeks out playfully at him, but tried her best to stop fidgeting. "I know, I know! But you're excited too, Kahbrohm, even if play it cool~"

She grinned, but inhaled sharply as some of the eggs began to twitch. The Holly Egg in particular. It had been such a happy, excited egg... Maybe the other eggs were feeling a bit better? She felt felt bad they'd gotten so upset...

faesinger

demon_pachabel

--

Amalteia and Golden Harpiath - she/her

How can I, when you're blathering loudly enough for the whole Weyr to hear? She groused, hardly about to let it go.

Harpiath. Amalteia's words were calm, but firm. This is not the time, nor place.

The old queen coughed a laugh, but acknowledged her rider with a brush. Yes, yes, she'd settle down. Live to be my age, dearie, and then we'll talk about cleverness.

sariraii

--

Lauthisen - he/him

Feeling the brush against his mind was a source of encouragement he hadn't expected, but it was enough to make his lips twitch. He reached out for Holleth as well, silently thanking him.

Lauthisen was much like a cat, in some ways. Anyone who demanded things of him made him unconsciously debate digging his heels in. Rasthell was a calm, relaxed sort of individual. Maybe that was why he liked him so much. As it was, the young man stood nearby, acknowledging the other with a nod of his own. "You alright?" He murmured, his eyes fixed upon the eggs beginning to rock and wobble. It wouldn't be long now.

Meepfur
NO PROMISES.

Uta

--

Brown Elzebuth

As though she needed to ask. Of course, my love. Do you care for a bite to eat? The bulky brown spread his wings and took flight, knowing His would be watching the Hatching with Ichta. Elzebuth swooped down to Anakumath's chosen ledge, careful not to disturb her too badly as he landed. The big dragon sauntered closer, sprawling himself at her side with all the languid grace and confidence of one who had everything he wanted.

He nosed gently at the gold's face, rumbling with open affection. You are almost enough to distract me from any Hatching. Elzebuth purred before turning his acknowledgements towards the dragons down upon the sands. Zenobiath. Aresoth. A fine clutch you have laid. May your children find Theirs without trouble.

They'd see how that went, but it was a nice sentiment.

Samodith would receive a mental touch similar to a caress. Far be it for me to ruin your vantage point. Elzebuth's thoughts were warm, if teasing. His blue brother's voice made him shift, his eyes whirling slowly with amusement. Suspected? He drawled. Why, Sophrosunth, do you know something I didn't...?

demon_pachabel

MaraRune

BastetAmun

Meepfur

medigel

--

Dehka - he/him

"Dorok!" He greeted his friend cheerfully, immediately feeling a bit better now that he had a familiar face at his side. Soon enough, Orri was there as well, and the young man's bright grin became a bit more sheepish. Unconsciously, he reached up to touch the scars on his own cheek, nodding wistfully. "Hi, Orri. And y-yeah, it does..." How surreal, to see the clutch framed by the light of the glows...

Oh, but the eggs were starting to shift!

demon_pachabel

medigel

--

Iathe and Green Skerath

In truth, eggs and children.... both were things that Skerath could do without. Her own Hatching had filled her with such rage... but, admittedly, finding her Iathe made everything worth it. Iathe was quickly braiding her hair despite the hour, and soon vaulted herself onto Skerath's neck. "Will you find some place quiet to watch?" She asked, not that she needed to.

I imagine it's expected of me. Skerath grunted, leaping from their ledge so she could take Iathe near the stands. That was when a familiar voice touched her mind, and the green felt a perverse flicker of pleasure that he'd reached out. Venandith... Skerath was careful to keep her guard up, even now. He may have won her maiden flight, but she wasn't so foolish as to believe that meant something profound had occurred. Still... she would never admit that she was pleased. You think I don't have better options? She responded contemptuously, landing so Iathe could slide off her back.

"Have fun," Iathe smirked, and Skerath snorted a breath at her that sent her clothes and hair whipping about.

Though she was in no rush, the small green did eventually take to the skies and circle back towards the big brown in question. Not bothering with pleasantries or announcements, she landed upon the ledge and arranged her self nearby. If she was touching him, well, that was sheer coincidence. She just wanted to get the best view, that was all.

Samodith would receive a gruff wave of greeting in turn, terse as ever.
Uta
/eyes emoji

Meepfur
HELLO FROM CRANKY SISTER.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 am
Rahmsii - [he/him] - HR

Oh thank goodness! Rahmsii relaxed, letting himself be led to Miela. Knowing where his friends were would make everything feel smoother. He could keep an eye out for them, and if one of his friends happened to impress he was more than happy for best view of them finding their lifemate. “Too bad the firelizards need to behave, I bet all of them would have fun being naughty in such a crowd.”

He looked over to the clutch, seeing quite a few rock. He tugged at Tuelaue’s sleeve, in case she didn’t the eggs start to move in earnest. “A few are moving now,” he shuffled from foot to foot, with too much warmth - and a little nervous, excited energy. “I wonder which will be out its shell first.” Happy thoughts the candidate master had said, and that he’d do.

Rahmsii pulled an overexaggerated face at Miela, crinkling his nose and sticking his tongue out. “Like it or not, I’m parking myself right here” he teased. Rahmsii promised himself he’d keep an eye on the younger candidate. Headstrong and gaining a bit of negative attention.. it reminded him somewhat of himself. He pinched the ample flesh on his belly. “If a dragon comes out ready to carve me up, I think there’s more than enough of me to get by.”

Rahmsii grinned at Dhawsn’s with good humor. “The snow makes up for it to me. But, Never seen a beach!” He paused thinking, smaller bodies of water… little rivers. He knew what they looked like, but never seen the salt-tinged coasts for himself. How different was it really?

”Prism Shine”
x

”Hattaki”
x

”medigel”
x

=====
Urzoh - [she/her] - HR

Urzoh (softly) punched Ahula’s shoulder. “Are you ready?” It wasn’t Urzoh’s first hatching by a long shot. She plucked stray white threads from her robe. With any luck it might be her last in this robe. She was positively baking on the sands, fanning her face every now and again with her hand. “It’ll go great, okay?” Urzoh said it to Ahula, meaning it as well to the not-quite born yet babies.

“These little ones will be hatched and all paired before we know it.” Urzoh said fondly. Eyes scanning the shells. “So many are moving…” she trailed off, looking around at the candidates filling in. The starry night egg jumped again. “Maybe that one’s first?”
=====

J'er of blue Cyliodath

Oh yes, and so little. Were we ever once so small? Do they even know how small, sweet they are? The blue scooted beside them, sides pressed together to share the warmth of the cavern’s ledge properly with them. It had been too long since they caught up… now hasn’t it? His eyes whirred happily, feeding off of his joy at new life and old friends. He laid his head decliately over Caironarth’s foreleg. We ought to. This day only comes for them once.

“Or maybe my yesterday never truly ended, ha.” J’er playfully shook his mug of klah. Willing it to pull the slightly lingering, sleepy fog from his mind. Fine company would certainly help. He leaned into their warmth, touch. For a wild moment he knew he could go right back to sleep pressed against comfort, hatchings were too exciting to keep one’s off them for long. Shells were rocking, candidates looked nervous - excited - oh wonderful.

“Forgive me, I would have brought a second, but no one can predict that eggs would hatch before you put another batch on the fire.” He offered him a sip instead, tilting the cup towards him as he sat down.  

Spockat

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 am
Martirae of Gold Anakumath - SHOUTCAST

Martirae moved to allow Zyamel the seat next to her once the brownrider had come to join her. "Oh, I am sure being dressed at this hour is very strange," she mused with a half smile. She may have not had the revolving weyr door that some may have boasted - and all the more power to them, really - she'd found herself more agreeable to late night company since her impression had allowed it. Zyamel would know all about that, though.

"Nobody has hatched yet - but we do have some active eggs," she twisted her hair as she looked between the eggs with the most notable activity so far. "What do you think with these parents - big babies? A lot of metallics or-?" it was a genuine question, really. While she'd read records and seen it all on paper, Marty felt Zyamel would have a better feel for the parents and their lineage than she did simply from experience.

Anakumath, for her part, shifted slightly to accomodate Elzebuth's arrival contently tucking her head up under his chin with a soft thrum. Ah, well, I will hopefully not ruin your chance to see the little ones, then, there was warm amusement in her tone as she idly wrapped her tail around his, basking in the warmth of the brown's company.

They would have much to talk about while watching the little ones, anyways.

Samodith, I understand. Perhaps we can sit together and talk about the little ones when all is over and they have theirs~ warmth and affection colored her voice, having nothing but love for her dear sister.

Tsunake

Uta

Meepfur

------

Kinyegele

Oh! A few of the eggs were moving! Twisting her hair, Kinye shifting her weight excitedly from foot to foot as she looked between the three eggs. I can't wait to meet you all! she thought hopefully- as though they could possibly care she even existed when she may not be theirs. She'd not take it personally, however. Just seeing them hatch healthy and go on to be happy would be good enough for her!

But oh, the more they moved the more the anticipation chewed at her gut.

-----
Kahbrohm

"I never said I wasn't," Kahbrohm replied cooly to Chakuri's words. "I'm just not going to get worked up over every egg." because not every egg was worth it to him - only one would want him. And he was sure one did.

However he'd not deny the movement of any egg was exciting, Kahbrohm's attention focused sharply on Starry Night - he remembered you little dragon. Surely it would remember him too. Playing hard to get was fine by him if it wanted to pretend he wasn't right in knowing he was a very impressive boy.

But of course, a few of the other eggs had known that too and it had definitely made him feel good. Maybe they'd come take a closer look too!

Tsunake

----
Dorok

Oh! A few of the eggs were moving. None of them were that one, though, so Dorok's heart didn't do too much of a flip. Phew! Still, what would come of these ones?

His attention lingered on Ding Dong, recalling how it had lashed out during the Touching...it and.....Lump of Coal. Hmm.

He turned his attention to the third boy that had come to join them, looking him over with some scrutiny before squaring his shoulders further. "Orri," Dorok didn't have to call back to chores to know the boy. His father had made a point of letting Dorok know which kids belonged to the most prolific bronzerider in the Weyr - though his opinions on that had been.....

Dorok shook them away. "I slept as well as one can I guess. I don't want to meet my future being tired, right?" he looked back to Dehka as he spoke, offering the other boy a half smile of encouragement. Surely one of these would like Dehka!

Tsunake

Medigel

---
[Juhvek pending for more replies lmao]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:00 am
T'of of blue Makhmilith (High Reaches ) - he/him

"Do you want me to send Lady and Shiv to look for them?" T'of asked. "I know what R'bin looks like, which should be enough."

He had not trained his pair of firelizards as well as he should have, perhaps, but they usually did as he told them when it said it firmly and put it in simple enough terms. They listened to Makhmilith beautifully, of course, but Makh was willing to threaten them if it meant obedience.

At Reya's nod, T'of sent the pair off, reminding them not to go near any dragons or the eggs and then telling them to go to Makhmilith once they'd found them. Ladyfriend seemed offended that he felt the need to do so, and Shiver amazed. Neither one of them was likely to create a stir, for their own reasons, and he trusted them, but this was a high-tension setting and he didn't want to risk it.

While the firelizards looked, T'of looked over at Reya, whose resolute expression told him she was braced for unpleasantness from her family. R'bin had written to Reya apologizing for his role in enabling his nephew's rejection at his nameday and in the same letter said that he intended to bring the boy to the upcoming hatching as a way for them to be able to spend time together. She had been her own version of a nervous wreck ever since.

Reya of green Raqisath (High Reaches) - she/her

Reya would not have liked to hear herself described as a nervous wreck, even though the description was not inaccurate. She rather thought she was holding it together quite convincingly. Still, she had been anxious since R'bin wrote he was bringing Eri. R'bin had said that Eri was sorry and now he was afraid she would never come back because of his behavior. She'd written assuring them that she would be glad to see them both at the hatching, but now that the night had arrived she almost regretted doing so.

Raqi told her that she'd been very firm in telling Huarangith bad behavior would not be tolerated, which was nice of the green but Reya wasn't sure it was the best way to start. She hoped R'bin hadn't told Eri that his mother's dragon was already (still?) wroth with him. Probably he hadn't. He couldn't be that thoughtless. Well, he could. But she had to trust that he hadn't, which didn't come easily to her.

When T'of told her that his firelizards had found her family she squared her shoulders, lifted her chin, and followed the blue and green flits into the enormous hatching cavern. Already it was filling up with people, and she was glad to have the flits' guidance. She was even more glad, though she was too independent to admit it, to have T'of at her back and Raqi in her mind, tacitly supporting her, though Raqi's attention seemed now to be raptly on the rocking eggs.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am
Elibrie - she/her

The dragon knows best. Of course. And yet there seemed to be an awful lot of opinions on who should Impress what color, so she found it to be a bit of a mixed message...and quietly feared the prospect of such an unconventional dragon as Menankith. She didn't know how her aunt could stand to be what seemed to Elibrie to be so...so controversial! So scandalous! Surely people talked.

Juhvek was certainly a very welcome appearance, and like her sister, Elibrie didn't hesitate to move closer. Though she couldn't say for certain why he'd taken them under his wing, as it were, she very much appreciated it, and coming from the upbringing she'd had, well...for her, having a strong male presence was reassuring. It felt safer, even if she knew realistically that there wasn't much of anything he or anyone else could do if things went south. Not that she expected them to, but they'd all been made very well aware of the possibilities. Still, she chose to believe that everything would be fine. Right? Right. Calm, welcoming thoughts for the babies in the wriggling eggs, and for all the ones who had yet to stir.

"Which one do you think will be first?" she asked quietly. A few of the eggs were moving - who would be first out of the shell?

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas