Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:17 am
The Morning Routine

It was morning, something that he could tell just due to something internal that caused him to wake everyday the moment that the sun started to rise even though one couldn't quite see it yet where he was currently sleeping. Sitting up slowly the prentice gave a wide yawn, stretched out all over, and then looked from side to side, able to spot his various family members where they were currently curled up. He knew that he would need to get breakfast going first, once it was on it's way to being done then he could wake up his siblings, get them fed, and then on to waking up his mother who he always woke last. The woman spent the day overrun with her many little ones, all of them always dancing around her legs demanding attention, and as such he always did his best to allow her to sleep in just a little bit longer if possible before the lot of them started to get her attention. As such as they were the little ones could be monsters at times. How he felt for his poor mother, especially given that father was away a lot of the time due to his job protecting the area from dangerous beasts, Alkidike invaders, and anything else that might threaten their family and way of life. As the oldest it fell to him to take care of things though at times he knew his father to be a touch displeased with everything that he took care of since it also meant cooking, cleaning, and running errands instead of training in the art of the sword which was what the man clearly wanted for him.

Chalcedony wanted to believe that, when the time was right, he would have a strike of inspiration when it came to what it was that he wanted to do with his life. He would be standing there, cooking most likely, or with his many siblings hanging off of him while he wandered around their nest like home, and he would just suddenly know what it was he was meant to do! He knew that waiting for inspiration wasn't something that pleased his father too terribly much, something he made known when he was home. Luckily for Chal's piece of mind it actually wasn't too often that he was home. His father had an important job that took him far from home, patrolling the area, keeping them safe from the big, dangerous beasts that roamed the forests of Jauhar, as well as the dangerous, warlike Alkidike women that were even more vicious then any insect out there. Neither of the two were something that Chalcedony wanted to meet with any time soon. The only monsters he wanted to deal with were his siblings which rivaled any beast that he'd seen thus far when it came to tenacity as well as their bite.

The base of tree that their nest was hanging in, within various hallowed out places, were the many things that his mother kept stored away. Food, clothing, medicine, and the like, all of them each with their own hole in the tree. The stuff that didn't go there were hanging in baskets made of woven vines as well as the tanned hides of the creatures that his father killed while he was out on his patrols. Everything had it's place his mother told him, having taught him what each basket, bag, and hallowed hole contained at his insistence so that he could help out more. Knowing where everything was made the creation of breakfast a swift endeavor, a good thing too since the first of his siblings it would seem was up and at em without even needing him to wake her. He wasn't surprised when she was quickly tailed by his other sister, the pair of them, twins, never went anywhere without. Even the simplest tasks out there required both them it seemed, "Sit, I will give you breakfast." He said, dishing up a simple meal of fruits, dried meat, and a flask of water to the pair and without any complaining at all they were soon digging in, "You two enjoy, I am going to wake the others, alright?" He didn't get much of a reply other then one of them giving him a thumbs up to show that she approved of his plan.

Giving a bit of a grin Chal made his way over to where the others were sleeping, a brother younger then the twins by two years, and then the baby of the family who was likely curled up with their mother still. She was quite clingy, something Chal knew well, so he would wake her until it was time to wake his mother he decided, peeking in on the pair before he carried his brother over to where the twins were sitting, "Here, you sit here with our sisters and I will get you your breakfast." He told him, giving the boy a pat on the head before moving to get another bowl, dishing his brother up some food and quickly knowing that, if he were swift about it, that the boy would try to pilfer food from the twins which would start a shrieking match. Shrieking this early in the morning out set the animals of the forest into a tizzy and his mother was sure to be woken up. As such he was quick to hand food off to his brother, mere moments before he was about to grab for some food that belonged to the girls, and finally sat down with his own meal.

"I am going to be going out trading today, is there anything anyone wants me to try to get?" He asked of them, a question that got him overrun with what it was that the three thought that he just needed to get for them, somethings less likely then others to obtain, and some things that only existed in the imaginations of his younger siblings, but he would get what he could for them. He knew that their father wouldn't approve but he had a hard time not spoiling his siblings when and where he could, he loved them after all and wanted to make sure that they were all happy and content.

The four of them fell into silence, the only sounds they were making being the sounds of their chewing, when he felt the nest they were sitting on shifting ever so slightly with the light weight that belonged to his youngest sibling. The girl stood there, rubbing her eyes, shifting in place, before she tugged on the vine that was tied around her waist to keep her from falling out of the tree, "Chally... I need to pee..." She announced, drawing a squeak from the eldest as he handed off his bowl to his brother, hurrying over to scoop her up against his chest with one arm, untying her with the other.

"Try to hold it." He told her, scrambling with the safety vine before he turned to his sisters, "You two are in charge until I get back, be nice." He told them, knowing that they would take full advantage of 'being in charge' if he didn't tell them to be nice. Them being bossy would only lead to him returning to his brother who would likely be in tears and it wasn't something that he wanted, instead preferring everyone happy and content. Tossing the rope to one of his sisters to hold he hurried off with the youngest, wanting to get her to the bathroom area as fast as possible so that she wouldn't have an accident. It was pretty well likely that, by the time he got back from his task that his breakfast would have been consumed by the three of them but he didn't mind, not really, he would find something else for himself later, once his baby sister had been fed. Worrying about himself was something he only did when he was alone and being alone in such a big family wasn't really something that happened all that often. Usually only when he was running errands, fetching things for his mother, or going off to meet with the traders.

A short time later, after dealing successfully dealing with what could have ended up a crisis Chalcedony was returning with the girl sitting on his shoulders, "Alright, anything left for me?" He asked, though he wasn't really expecting anything, though much to his surprise a bowl of food was held out to him... though as he followed the hand of the one that was holding it to the rest of her he realized why there was food in the bowl, "Thanks, Mom." He said as he lowered his little sister to the nest and onto her feet, not letting her loose until the twins had tied her safety rope back on once more. Plopping down next to her he started to eat, sharing with his four mooching siblings despite his mother telling them to eat their own food.

It was a morning that was like every other morning in their household. A short time from now, once everything was bright from the sun, or at least as bright as this area got, his grandparents would be waking up to join them, a rather chattering pair who always went on about 'when they were young'. It was a routine sort of thing, one he was used too, but it was also one that he rather enjoyed. The only time that things were different in the morning was when father returned home, something that wasn't likely to happen for a week or so more but until then things would remain the same.

(( Word Count: 1615 ))

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:24 am
A Fateful Encounter

(( An AIM RP between my Chalcedony & Jayoku's Takoda ))

Today was a busy day, busier than he would of anticipated but perhaps it was due to the weather, the fact a storm had just blown through meant that people had been kept inside and now that the sun was out everyone was trying to catch up on business, training and trading. Takoda was one of those, with his satchel near bursting he visited the village healer and traded some of his herbs for vials of liquids that were a lot more effective at healing than simple plants. But the herbs were still useful and the elders appreciated the constant and steady supply that he brought them.

Leaving them he made a note to arrange a time to meet with the elder to perhaps discuss learning the healing craft. It had been on his mind as of late, after all he had picked up from a young age from his mother how to tend to wounds, the sight of blood didn't bother him. It was only bugs.

Rounding a corner he had intended to make his way to the food in hopes to trade for some bread as well meat. Those were about the only things he could not find in the forest for himself it seemed. Neither having the stomach to kill a creature never mind skin it and gut it. Suddenly out of no where a glow worm was tossed in his general direction. It was wildly known his intense fear of bugs and without even thinking Takoda had uttered a small cry of fear before backing up and tripping over his feet before tumbling to the ground. Groaning he heard laughter a few meters away from him, though he didn't acknowledge the cruel joke and merely gave a small smile as if he was in on the joke as well and went to gather his satchel only to discover the vials inside had broken, the contents leaking and soaking the bag.

Chalcedony gave a sighing sound as he looked down at the list that he had been giving, reading it over again, wondering how his mother had managed to get all of this down on such a small piece of paper. Not that he would have ever refused to do such a favor for her, not when she had handed him the list while several of his younger siblings had been clinging to her, one of them with something stuck in her hair, and their pets running around their feet making all sorts of noise. He knew that it was best that he take the list and get the various things bought up and back home so that he could take the lot of them out to play to give her a bit of rest.

He was just walking around the corner, sliding his way between a few people, and lifted his head just as he was tucking the paper away into his pocket and just as he glanced up he saw another Shifter go flying. It looked as if he'd fallen on his own feet though upon second glance he saw the glowing but that was stuck in his hair, with a few random people pointing, starring, and laughing. Giving a sigh he walking over toward the fallen member of his brethren and held a hand out to him and plucked the bug out of his hair, "You alright?"

It was probably a good thing that Takoda didn't know the bug was in his hair, he had so much of it after all and he probably would of continue flailing about like a mad man . Instead another shifter, one he recognized but could not name was walking over to him offering him his hand to help him up. Surprised he took it and was hefted up quite easily, he was about to thank him when the others hand reached out to pluck something from his hair only to reveal it was the bug that had been thrown at him. Squeaking he clutched his poor sodden satchel to his chest dropping the other shifter's hand and backing up a few steps until the worm was flicked away. His eyes followed it, and his ears could train on the snickers and sniggers or people laughing at his performance. It was...somewhat a safe distance away when he found he could draw his gaze back to the one who had rescued him. Offering a small smile he pulled his bag away from his chest, revealing that he had gotten some of the contents on his skin and it was drying rapidly.

"Ah...than..thank you." Takoda started politely, ignoring the others who seemed to be plotting something else to do him.

For a moment the other Shifter looked from side to side, hearing all the snickering, before he turned back to the one he'd helped up and gave him a smile. No reason to acknowledge those that meant to only tease and torment this one he thought to himself, figuring that it was likely a better idea for him to just pay attention to the one in front of him. He figured that, from what he'd seen so far, that he would be far better company even if it were only for just a moment. Inspecting the strong smelling liquid that he had been covered with he asked, "You going to be alright? That wasn't dangerous, was it?" He asked of the smaller, more timid Shifter, hoping he wasn't carrying something dangerous in his pack only to end up with it all over him. That would be unfortunate as well as call for a trip to one of the healers.

When he was being thanked he waved it off, "It's nothing, something that anyone should do." Not what anyone would do, it was just what they should do. It was something that was proven by all of those that would rather point and laugh instead of actually helping the guy up. It was pretty... well, disappointing. Likely due to all the time he spent taking care of his siblings, his mother, grandparents, and anyone else that might need him in their close knit family.

Takoda looked to his chest and looked a bit embarrassed, "Ah..well its a bit sticky..and sadly a waste. I was hoping to trade it for some supplies I needed but I suppose I'll have to go back to the words to gather more for trade." He explained though not really explaining what the liquid was exactly, but the sheer fact that he didn't seem worried about it seemed to mean that the other shouldn't worry about it either.

"Ah...I am sorry my name is Takoda." He offered his name like a small gift in thanks, "I've seen you around...with your siblings...sorry but I don't know you name." Takoda apologized as if he should know the name of his rescuer despite the fact he had never spoken to him before this point.

His eyes glanced over to where the bug had landed on occasion, as he was keeping track of its movement even now. He had to know where it was at all times.

Chal lifted an eyebrow before giving a nod of his head. He didn't seem all that worried about what the stuff was so it must not be poisonous, that was a bonus he thought to himself, though he did think it a shame that this guy had lost all of what he had been about to use for trades. Some people really were jerks, weren't they? The lot of them had bigger things to worry about, like the Alkidike tribe always breathing down their necks and lurking around every corner. That the Shifters would treat their own in such a manner made him want to knock their heads off their shoulders, a thought he would do his best to keep in check for now since he had other things to do then getting into more hypocritical fights due to him feeling the overwhelming need to protect others. Best that behave himself and appear respectable, or at least that was what his mother often told him after he got into such scrapes.

"Takoda, is it? Well it's nice to meet you then Takoda." He told him, giving him a bright smile, his blue eyes seeming to glitter in the sunlight with the same intensity that the jewels on his body did, "My name is Chalcedony. You've seen me around, huh? I'm not surprised." He was around a lot with his brood of siblings, often with half of them hanging off of him in what he started to refer to as his strength training routine. He was going to have them hanging off him anyway, he might as well walk around with them on his back and gain the benefits of all the extra weight.

If anyone was to ask Takoda what his best traits were he wouldn't be able to tell you, but it was obvious to see that the shifter was a nice caring young man who had the skill to make friends at ease. His easy going nature however did have some back lash as he was very easy to tease and get away without and repercussions.

"Yes I have, no..not that I've been watching you per say!" He corrected himself not wanting to sound like a stalker, "I..just have noticed you and your family. You do such wonderful things for your siblings I am sure your mother really relies on you." It was however a bit unnerving just how much about people he did know.

"F..for helping me ..perhaps I could help you with your errands?" He offered wanting to repay the shifter for his kindness.

"Oh? So you just happened to notice? Here I was thinking I might had a secret admirer, now I'm crushed." He said, giving a bit of a smile before the other was suddenly asking if he could help him with his errands in exchange for helping him, "Eh? Hrm." Well that was a promising idea, if he were to come home with a friend who had helped him with the errands perhaps his mother would stop her constant worrying and nagging about how he needed to find friends his own age, that he had to get out and about, and all of that, "Sure, I wouldn't mind having the help in going out shopping. If you wouldn't mind could you help me carrying it all back, too? I have quite the extensive list." He dug the piece of paper out of his pocket and offered it up to Takoda to get a look at, so he would know what it was they were dealing with if he really wanted to help out with this.

Takoda's face wilted, he was so easy to mess around with he actually thought he had hurt the others feelings. Abashed he rubbed the back of his head, unsure of what to say or how to begin apologizing.

"I..its no..not th..that yo..u...r not...a..t..t..r..acti..ve...." the poor shifter began to stammer in a quiet voice before thankfully Chal was taking him up on his offer to help. HIs face still flushed from his earlier embarrassment Takoda nodded his head happy to be of help .

"Ah I don't mind carrying things...as long as they aren't too heavy.." He chuckled pointing at his slender self, "I am not..exactly a power house.."

Chalcedony looked up from his list at the stuttering words and his lips turned up into a bit of a grin as he was told in a beating around the bush sort of way that he was attractive, "Thanks." He said, deciding that he would take the compliment even if it were a bit under duress. He gave a smile before the other was telling him he didn't minded carrying if the stuff wasn't too heavy, "Sounds fair enough, I have enough of the 'power house' vibe to go around so you can carry the more delicate things and if anyone tries to knock you over again I will deal with them." He wasn't about to let a group of bullies mess up the stuff that was going to be going back to his mother after all. Motioning to him he started forward toward where everyone that was up to trading was waiting for them.

"I hope you don't mind that it might take a little bit to get everything. Once we drop it all off if you want I can help you out with replacing the stuff that you were planning to use for trading if you need." He told him, giving him a smile before he moved to talk to chat with the first trader, one that seemed to know Chal given the look on his face. The man knew him well, knew how he pushed for good bargains, and wasn't against leaving to find better deals. A pain in the backside but given he always bought a ton they were willing to deal with him and his desire for the best deal.

Takoda shook his head, he didn't mind at all, in fact this would give him a chance to be around someone else's company rather than being stalked by that awful nondwa that was back home. It still wasn't strong enough to follow him around via flight thank goodness.

"Okay, so where are we off to first?" He inquired as he carefully began to remove the pottery shards out of his satchel, collecting them in the palm of his hand before he found a loose peice of cloth to wrap them in. He hoped it wasn't too costly to make those vials...he felt bad having broken them in his fall.

He soon realized that they were already at the first location and felt abashed at his lack of focus. Quickly he put away the broken shards in his satchel, freeing his hands so that he could take whatever was needed from Chal.

Listening he watched as they bargained, seeing how Chal knew how to push and knew the limit. Chal was very admirable, and strong Takoda noted as he only remained silent and smiling at the shop clerk.

After a bit of bargaining on the side of Chalcedony the man came back with some various, edible plants. He always went for the sort that were getting toward the end of their shelf life, it was how one could get them cheaper. It didn't matter if they were this way or fresh these things would be gobbled down the moment he got home since this was what was being planned for the evening meal. Wrapping everything up the dark skinned Shifter handed it off to Takoda who seemed as though he were ready to carry whatever was handed to him, provided that it wasn't all that heavy, "Alright, on to the next place. I am sure it's not the most amusing thing in the world to watch me talk to everyone, so I must thank you for actually coming along." Not a lot of people, other guys his age especially, would really see all that much to be had in watching someone like him make deals for food that others just traded for without even thinking about it. It was something that was always on his mind though, wanting to make sure he got the most possible with each trade since that meant more for each of his family members.

Takoda took the plants readily, handling them carefully and noting that they weren't exactly the freshest of things. He felt a pang of guilt, after all it would be expensive to feed a large family, and here he only picked and traded away what he didn't need. He made a note that he would pick extra next time he was out and make sure to bring it to Chal's fmaily.

"It must be hard....feeding a family." Takoda murmured as they left the shop, he shifted the items in his arms as they walked. "Have you ever thought of gathering in the forest? For some of the basic stuff?"

Chal gave a momentary pause, mulled the question over, and then gave a bit of a laugh, "I have considered it but since I am often babysitting I don't have as many chances to do stuff like that as I would like." He said, then crossed his arms over his chest as he walked, head tilting slightly to one side. Perhaps if he were to get up earlier or go to bed later he would have a chance to add that to the list of the chores that he could get done in a day? It would be quite helpful if he were able to gather the things that they needed instead of having to trade for it all. The only thing he worried about was that he might end up leaving his mother alone more often then he would like with all the little ones and the grandparents. It was another of those times that he half wished that his father would stick around more... but the man had one of those jobs that caused him to be away more often then Chal liked. If that man were around more it would give Chal more free time to fill with things that he would like to see done.

"Maybe I can find a safer place to gather that the little ones might be able to accompany me." So long as he wasn't going to ground with them it should be alright, right? More dangers then he would like to think about lurked on the forest floor, both beasts and Alkidike, neither of which he wanted anywhere near the younglings, "Do you know of any good places to gather in the trees?" He asked of Takoda, curious where it was that he went hunting.

Takoda's mind raced, a map made up in his mind going to the safest places he was aware of, unfortunately not many of them were close enough that Chal could take little ones, perhaps if there were some older ones it would be alright. Or if Takoda came to help him oversee the work and kids....but what was he thinking? He wasn't very good with kids, as they often realized his demeanor meant they could get away with anything without repercussion.

"Depends on what your looking for. Vaulable things for trade...or just gathering for yourselves?" He inquired hesitantly wondering if it had been wise to get the other shifter's hopes up on the matter. Feeling bad he promised himself he would gather a BUNCH of roots for Chal's family. After all they lasted a long time and were probably the easiest thing to find.

"I didn't mean to get your hopes up..." Takoda apologized feeling quite miserable about that.

Chewing on his lower lip Chal seemed to try to figure that one out, what would he want to look for? Valuable things to use for trading would be useful, wouldn't it? At the same time it would also be useful to just be able to gather things up that they could use straight away as well. What would he rather look for? Truth be told either would be quite useful, "Either way I would think would be useful in it's own way." He mused out loud before he glanced over at the other Shifter who seemed to be looking oddly worried and hesitant before saying he 'hadn't meant to get his hopes up' which caused Chal to chuckle, "What do you mean? You gave me an interesting idea to mull over. I just need to try to figure out where I should head is all."

Reaching a hand out he patted Takoda on the head in the manner he would any of his siblings, "You really are too hard on yourself, try to relax Takoda, I am not gonna bite." Now his siblings on the other hand...

~ TBC (( J:8 O:8 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 pm
A Fateful Encounter: Part 2

Takoda was not use to such gestures to him, being along for so long you could almost call him a hermit. His home was on the edge of the forest because there were less bugs there, traveling to places like this was a journey and if he dallied too long he would be faced with nightfall creatures to contend with on the way home. Still...it was nice to have someone as ...brotherly as Chal.

"Your siblings are very lucky to have you, " He murmured almost wishing he could be one of those siblings before he shook the silly notion out of his head.

"Ah...well I know of...one place close by you could gather things...but I would suggest you not bring your siblings with you.." He imparted this information as his mind continued to fill in the missing points of the map. Yes there was someplace close by but there were a few rather dangerous creatures that were also there. Even when he went there he was very very cautious, though he could count on his one hand how many times he had come across them it was still one too many.

"There are some very useful mushroom there. They can treat fever, very useful for deadening pain if you have enough of it."

Chal couldn't help but to give a bit of a smile when he was told that his siblings were lucky to have him, feeling that it was something that was true, "Yes, the little monsters are quite lucky." He said with a bit of a laugh, if they didn't have him who would they have to carry them around all day after all? Not to mention that he was the one that helped their mother in making sure that the little beasts were given whatever it was they needed. Sure, father brought back plenty when he returned, often strange trinkets and treasures from abroad, but it wasn't the same as being there day to day. Part of him knew that what the man did was important, another part though, the more childish part, just would prefer that he stuck around. Something he doubted would really happen any time soon.

When there was mention of a place close by that Takoda knew of, though one that he couldn't bring his siblings to, he seemed to be all ears, "Is that so? Well I can talk to my mother when we drop everything off, see if I can't go with you there sometime soon. Unless you are free today? I wouldn't want to impose anymore then I already have." That Takoda was helping him with carrying the supplies was nice enough after all, he didn't want to try to force him to do anything else.

When the other made mention of the mushrooms, and he added that in the scent of medicinal plants that still clung to Takoda even after those concoctions of his dried, Chal couldn't help but to ask, "Are you a healer in training by chance?"

Takoda's face blushed and he looked a bit embarrassed that it looked as if he was already training in the field he desired.

"Ah..not yet, I plan to go to the elders and request training soon." Takoda commented rubbing the back of his head as if he wasn't quite comfortable already looking as if he was a healer. Sure he knew quite a lot about herbs, but he...didn't want people thinking he already was one.

"Oh..um...well we could go today if your list isn't too much longer. I don't want to foil your plans for the day..." He trailed off not wanting to be a burden even if he was helping him out.

"That must be nice. I am still not really sure what it is that I should do." He murmured, then gave a bit of a sigh, "I could always do what it is my father thinks that I should do but... it doesn't quite feel like the right fit, you know?" He asked, then flushed a little, waving one hand, "Ah! Sorry, I don't mean to complain. Let's keep going." There was no reason to bother a new acquaintance with his issues, right? Sure he should really be trying to figure out what it was that he wanted to be but really... he just couldn't quite do it yet. Instead he was at a loss of what it was that he should be doing with his life from here out. He wanted to continue on as he was doing now but he knew he couldn't be a babysitter and his mother's helper forever, not when everyone his age was require to take on an apprenticeship to learn a vocation that would help the tribe out in battles that were to come.

Takoda wondered if he had spoken out of turn, his new companion seemed to go quiet at the end, chewing on the inside of his cheek he looked to Chal carefully before be fiddled with a strand of hair. "Well...if you want...there is a much closer place. The items there are not as valuable, but your family could make use of it for every day needs." He explained slowly. He wanted to no longer talk about choosing their paths in life as if seemed to be a heavy thought on the both of them.

The shifted gave a nod of his head, "Sure, I would like to visit any place that you think might be of use to me and my family, I am sure that things that are useful for everyday tasks would be as useful as anything else you can show to me." He told him, his smile returning once more to his face, as though the momentary storm of worry had passed from his thoughts. That was something that he could worry about later, for now he wanted to enjoy talking to someone that didn't have one finger constantly up their nose, "Let's finish up with the shopping and hurry for my place, the sooner we drop everything off the sooner we can go out hunting for... well, whatever it is we will be hunting for." He said, giving a bit of a laugh.

Their shopping was doing as quickly as possible, not as fast as one might like but Chal wasn't the sort to let the traders get away with trying to screw him over on a deal. He would get all that he could get no matter how much the merchant went away wanting to give him a swift kick in the backside. Once everything was done, and the two of them were loaded down with what it was that they would be bringing back, he turned to look over at Takoda and smiled, "I promise I will do all I can to keep them from squishing you, but I can't promise that you will be completely safe. They are little monsters and are as clingy as the vines in the trees." He cautioned the other Shifter before they were head back toward his place, a journey that would bring them fairly high up into the trees were his family made their home among the twisting vines that grew into wonderful nests with but a bit of weaving and some time.

Takoda felt a small thrill of happiness, most people never took him seriously and thus he felt elated that Chal was. "Sure!" He replied with a small laugh, taking a step forward to make sure he could keep up with Chal and the rest of the errands.

He admired watching the other shifter bargain, Takoda could never get such good deals. The best he could do is if people pitied him and even then he never let them give anything to him for free. Still he wondered if he tried if he could get similar bargains .

When it came to the warning about clinging children he wondered if he was prepared for it, "Ah..should I wait outside then?" He inquired a little afraid of...meeting so many at once.

As they made their way up toward where his family was waiting for them he gave a bit of a laugh, "Well... you could, but I think they might sniff you out. Best that you stick close to me then I can protect you the best that I can." He told him, giving a smile and a nod. As the got closer one could hear all the voice of his siblings, all of them talking at once, his mother's voice rising over theirs as she told them it was time for them to their chores which mostly consisted of gathering smaller vines that she used to weave baskets that they kept all of their things in, and then there was the murmuring chatter of his grandparents who were the only ones able to carry on a normal conversation within the chaos of their home without blinking. They'd seen enough in their time it seemed that a bunch of kids wouldn't phase them even in the least.

Their home, a good sized, well woven nest in the canopy of the trees, set a little away from the others in their 'neighborhood' since the family was quite big and always growing. Chal gave Takoda a glance, "Come on, I am sure that you will make it through this though... don't be surprised if my mother faints dead away from shock, you are the first person I've ever brought home." And the first one he'd spent as much time as he had with that was around his same age. His mother was going to make a big deal of it, he just knew it... and he was right too. The moment the two of them came into sight all conversation seemed to die away from a moment and everyone's eyes were on Takoda. The silence felt as though it stretched out forever before everyone was talking at once, each and every voice seeming to ask the same thing, 'who's your friend'.

Takoda swallowed trying not to look intimidated but feeling that no matter how hard he tried NOT to look scared the more he did appear to be nervous. His eyes appeared to be looking over the many baskets and weaves and he was impressed. Why he would trade for such things as he only had what his mother had made when he was little.

He was so surprised by by Chal's description of his mothers reaction to being there. Taken aback he wondered if he really was such a big deal...or would Chal's mother be disappoint at whom her son brought home?

When the sudden silence came about...he knew this was going to be uncomfortable, his face flushed and then suddenly EVERYONE was talking. He felt overwhelmed at all the questions and he could only glance from one new face to another before he found himself almost pressed up against Chal.

Feeling Takoda pressing closer to him Chalcedony took charge trying to field the questions, 'yes this was his friend', 'his name was Takoda', 'yes, they met while he was out trading', 'No, he's not a girl quit asking dumb questions' that one was pointed at his giggling sisters who were pointing at the boy that was pressed against their brother, unable to refrain from teasing Chalcedony about having a girlfriend. Were it not for the fact that Takoda was clinging to him the boy might have gone chasing after his siblings to quiet them. Well that and the fact that his hands were a little too full to be catching anyone at the moment and he didn't want to risk losing anything he'd traded for today.

After another surge of questions, half of them ones that made him want to toss his siblings from the nest, his mother was lifting a hand to wave it, "Alright, alright, let's let Chal and his little friend bring all the good in so that I can sort through them. You can bother them more after we are done, alright?" Something that was echoed by them all going 'but, Moooom' along with some whining as it seemed that they weren't quite interested in leaving Chal and Takoda be quite yet.

Taking advantage of the lull Chalcedony's mother led the two over to the large tree's base were there were many hallowed out openings in the side along with various baskets hanging here and there, "Come over here, dears, let me getting to sorting. Wow, you did well again, Chal. Good job." The woman praised her son, patting him on the head and it was then that Takoda would know where Chal had gotten such a habit room. Soon enough everything was where it went, a few bits of fruit having been pilfered by small hands, and Chalcedony set to stretching out all over, glad to be free of the weight of everything that he had been carrying, "I am glad that I could be of help." He told his mother, smiling away before he turned to look at Takoda, "I have to say though that he was a great help, I don't know if I'd of gotten it all home without him."

The woman gave a nod before turning to Takoda, giving him pat on the head as well, "Thank you, young Takoda, I am glad thankful for the help you gave Chalcedony, as well as the company. He doesn't have near enough friends his own age so I hope the two of you can get along well." She said, something that had Chal groaning and rubbing a hand against his face.

Takoda's face blushed even more when the question was poised about him being a girl. Swallowing he moved slowly away from Chal trying to be brave as well seem less like a girl. It seemed to be for a lost cause though as the children were still asking questions and he couldn't find a voice to answer a single one of them.

Luckily he didn't need to as Chal's mother took them aside to unladen them both of the items they were carrying. Takoda's arms felt stiff but he didn't voice his pain, instead he rubbed his wrists in slow circular motions and watched the woman with a wide eyed expression.

His gaze was soon on the floor as she was thanking him. Takoda didn't take compliments well, after all shouldn't everyone want to help others? Much like how Chal thought it seemed.

"I...was h..happy to help." He murmured softly, he noticed how Chal looked embarrassed and felt...better. At least he wasn't the only one.

"W..e sh..should probably be..g..going though...I wanted to show your son where he can pick some plants."

"Plants?" The woman asked, glancing over at her son in a curious manner, wondering what it was that he was up to now. She was sure that if he was planning on going out looking for plants with his new friend there was a reason behind it. The boy never did anything spontaneously, always seeming to want to plan things out instead. He was a bit like his father like that, even if Chal would never want to admit to such a thing, "That is fine, you two have fun then." She said, lifting her hands up to push her son forward, "If you go quickly you might not get followed."

Chalcedony nodded, "I will be back before night fall so I can help you get everyone put down for bed." He told his mother before he took hold of Takoda's hand and moved flee, wanting to get the two of them out quickly and before his siblings noticed what was going on, "Come on, let's run and they won't notice until too late that we are missing." He whispered to Takoda and he moved along the branches and vines in an agile manner.

Takoda studied the woman, her gesture and mannerisms, perhaps he was comparing it to his own mother trying to find similarities but he didn't get a chance to come to any sort of conclusion. In fact his hand was being taken and he was being pulled along by the other shifter boy who claimed if they ran they could get away before his siblings noticed their absence He followed along quickly in suit as he didn't have much other choice seeing that his hand was still being firmly held onto. Daring not to speak he waited until he was sure they were out of hearing range before he opened his mouth. "Y..you can le..let go now." He murmured desperately as he was fast on his feet but not while being pulled along. Besides they were headed the wrong way...

Pulling Takoda around the tree's base that they were standing on he finally let him go, giving a bit of a laugh, "So, what did you think of the chaos that is my family?" He asked as he leaned against the tree, glancing over at him, "You can be honest, it won't hurt my feelings if you tell me that we are all crazy, it wouldn't be the first time." Of course the last person to claim as much ended up with a bloody nose before he had been able to stop himself. As much as he hated infighting he was terribly defensive of his family. Takoda though would likely get away with agreeing since he was the one that suggested this time around that they were crazy... which they were, but it didn't mean that he wanted others saying as much.

Aaah...Takoda found himself facing Chal and his own questions. Staring at him he blinked and gently rubbed his sore hand a moment. "Th...they ...are nice." He replied perhaps a bit to forced, "Ah..." Yes he had wanted the truth. Well it wasn't like he really got a chance to meet many of them or get to know any of them personally. "I was just overwhelmed...I have never met such a large family before. But I can tell your mother has a very strong spirit and that you got that from her." Takoda managed to say truthfully for the short amount of time he did speak to her, he could tell that a woman like that would have no problems protecting her brood if it came down to it.

Chalcedony starred at the other Shifter for a long moment after he gave his reply before he started to laugh, "Is that so? That is a rather diplomatic way to go about telling me what you think." He said after his laughter had calmed, "Thank you though, it's very nice of you to say all of that instead of agreeing with me." He said with a smile, glancing back in the direction that they had come from. He could hear his siblings calling after them but so long as they stayed out of sight they would be quick to give up. As much as he loved them, and they loved him, they were still little and had rather short attention spans due to their age, "We can start heading down a few levels if you like, from there you can lead the way." A few levels down they should remain out of sight as the continued onward toward the plants that were just waiting for them.

~ TBC (( J:16 O:16 ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 am
A Fateful Encounter: Part 3

Takoda gave a soft laugh, mostly he felt the stiffness in his body relaxing, he was so afriad he offended his new friend, now that was a word he rolled around in his mind for a moment, that he wasn't sure what he would do if Chal suddenly up and hated him. Takoda found himself quite liking the other shifter.

Returning his attention to the larger shifter male he nodded his head, on the lower branches would be good.

"Yes we need to head due south..." He instructed as he went ahead and began moving in the general direction whilst moving onto the lower branches.

He was also looking for medicinal herbs it hadn't even occured to him that...just a regular nut tree or fruit tree could probably help Chal's family out a lot more than herbs.

Hurrying along with a single minded focus as it had become habit with him when traveling. If he lingered too long in an area he began noticing the bugs, and so he kept his eyes straight ahead and swiftly moving.

It didn't even occur to him to slow down but soon he did, and half turning to check to see if Chal was still behind him he smiled and gestured up above them into the higher canopy's. This particular tree held fruit and this particular fruit had very energy rich sees in them as well a double bonus.

The fruit was a rich Burgundy color, showing that it was ripe but not over ripe.

"These...are very healthy for you, but the seeds...are actually a wealth of nutrition, more so than the flesh..though they didn't taste as nice." Takoda explained as he handed it to him. "You only have to be careful that you don't pick them too early as they are extremely bitter, and if you pick them too late well then the flesh tastes rotten."

Chalcedony was quick to follow after the other shifter, curious as to where they were going nad what they were looking for exactly. He was all for whatever it was, wanting to fill his pack with anything and everything that might keep his siblings well fed and happy. As they reached the large tree Takoda started to slow down, forcing Chal to do the same to keep from crashing into him. Then he was gesturing upwards and the climbing began anew. Soon enough they were standing a good distance up, starring all a bunch of deep, blood red fruit. Chal starred for a moment before reaching out to pick one of them, inspecting it closely for any animal damage before it was put into the pack he had over his shoulder, "Healthy is always good, though I am sure that my siblings aren't going to buy it when I tell them to eat the seed because its good for them if it tastes bad. Still, I will be able to carry those with me." He could keep the seeds for himself and leave the fruit for his siblings, a trade he saw as a good one. Being older be better understood that if it was good for you it didn't always taste good.

At the instruction on how to pick the best fruit Chalcedony went to work plucking the fruit from the tree, taking quite a few of them before he asked, "Are we going to pick other things too? I don't want stuff my pack if this is only the first stop." He asked, wanting to make sure not to be too eager and end up missing out on something else that Takoda was going to show him later.

Takoda sat on a branch and was munching on one of the fruit slowly, spitting out seeds that seemed to inhibit the flesh through out into the palm of his hands. "Your mother could dry the seeds out and grind them to put into bread, " He mentioned recalling that his own mother use to do similar things, since his weakness to break she tricked him into eating the good seeds by putting it in the bread.

At the question if there was anything else he paused, cocked his head to the side and then curtly nodded his head. "Ah...yes...but this one I would suggest only doing once in a while, other wise...they get wiser." He explained trailing off as if explaining would be too much to ask for.

Finishing off his fruit and putting his seeds in his pocket he then licked his fingers clean and half turned scanning the area to pin point where they were. Climbing higher he broke through the canopy and quickly ducked his head back down.

"There are nests nearby, but only take one egg from each. Otherwise you could make them alert to your egg thieving and they can be nasty."

After grabbing a few more of the fruits he followed the other shifter up even higher, going as far as breaking through the canopy and looked around the area, "Wow." He murmured, rather enjoying this view before ducking down again, not wanting to be seen by anything or anyone else that might be up as high as this. When there was mention of eggs his eyes got a bit wide, "Eggs, huh? That sounds good. Shrugging his pack off his shoulder, hung it on a branch, then shrugged out of the shirt that he was wearing so that he could set about gathering the eggs in it, wrapping them carefully to reduce the risk of breaking them before he got home, "These will be really good, thanks for the tip."

Takoda nodded, he felt bad for the birds they were stealing them from, but eggs were so nutritious it was hard to simply ignore them as a food source.

"Just remember, only one from each nest. If you pilfer too many they get wise and build their nests further and further away, they will also become more aggressive and dive bomb you." He explained swinging his legs on the branch he was sitting on. "Plus...if you take too many the species won't have enough brood for the next season..." Takoda continued as if he was lecturing the other even though he wasn't meaning too. Watching as the other picked up a few eggs here and there he, himself couldn't resist the treat and went to grab one for himself.

"You also have to be careful...if they are already developing you lose a lot of the nutrition..." Rocking it gently back and forth he listened for the gentle sloshing inside that showed that it was right for the plucking. "You have to pay attention to their laying seasons...too late into the season you will have an unhatched chick in your egg ...and though you can still eat it, it would be better to just let them hatch and grow big."

Chal paused in what he was doing, looking down at the eggs he'd collected thus far, then set about doing the shake test to make sure that they weren't already turning into whatever was within them, "You seem to know a lot, don't you?" He was a bit like the teachers that took on the apprentices, teaching them about various skills and what not. He found himself wondering for a moment how old his new friend was, he appeared as though he were close in age to Chal and he had mentioned he hadn't started to his healer training yet, so did that mean they were near in age to one another? He wasn't sure but he had to admit he was a bit curious... it was one of those rude sounding questions that was likely best to avoid so as to keep them friends.

Takoda blushed at the compliment and rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, "Ah..I wouldn't say that..I learned a lot from my father and mother and then the rest through a lot of trial and error." He explained as he held the egg in his hand gently as if cradling something very precious. Gently he cradled it in the crutch of his arm before without a word descended down through the branches and hanging from a branch looked around for something in particular. He was only a few moments and soon was back up revealing his prize which was a long thing needle like object. Smiling he gently and carefully used it to drill a hole into the egg and then offered it to Chal. "You can suck out the yoke this way and not have to worry about making a mess."

"Heh, yeah. I could see trial and error being a useful way to learn." Chal was always so careful though, never going to far away from his comfort zone, but he found himself wondering what all he might be missing out on in doing so. Already this shifter was teaching things that he hadn't even thought of trying. Instead of wandering away from home in search of stuff for his family he always went about trading for it instead out of habit. It made him wonder what else it was that he might have missed out on. Walking over to his pack the carefully wrapped eggs were tucked away inside before his attention was back on Takoda, "What are you up to?" He asked, sounding curious as he moved closer so he could watch.

He was... drilling a hole in the egg? That was a curious thing to do he thought to himself, wondering what it was that he was doing it for. Then he knew when the egg was held out to him, it was so he could get at what was inside without making a mess, huh? Taking the egg from Takoda he lifted it up to his lips to try just that, finding it quite a useful trick though one he was sure that he couldn't teach to his siblings quite yet. They would likely get too excited and end up crushing the egg or something equally as messy, "This is pretty neat and a good way to eat something like that on the move for sure."

Takoda smiled and nodded his head rubbing a arm as if not use to so much positive reinforcement in one day. "There are many different kinds of eggs out in the forest, some you should avoid completely due to the fact the parents are very very protective. BUt reptile eggs are good and...well I hear bug eggs are very good for you...but.." He stared at his feet, trailing off as it was already obvious Chal knew his fear of bugs, he recalled when he was little eating bug eggs as a treat. But it was so so long ago.

"Anyway perhaps we should get back? You look pretty laden...want me to carry anything for you?"

"I will be sure to keep an eye out for such eggs and I am sure I will learn which nests not to mess with pretty quickly." He said, giving a bit of a chuckle. He was pretty sure that, if he started harvesting what he could from the forest, that he would be doing a fair amount of running. Not something that he wanted to worry about right now though, instead wanting to focus on the present and the company he was currently keep who seemed rather nice, well learned, and helpful.

"Get back? Yeah, I don't want to stay out that late in case I am needed to either help with supper or with getting the little ones laid down for bed." He said, then considered the offer of having Takoda carry something for him for the second time that day. After a moment of thought he nodded, offering him the carefully wrapped shirt full of eggs, "They will be safer with you then a pack with fruit I am sure." He said, giving a smile. Better transporting them this way so they weren't crushed between the fruit leaving him with shards of shells and a stained shirt instead of nutritious eggs.

Takoda was honored that he was being trusted with something so fragile, and yet this was a terrible idea since his fear of bugs meant he could randomly flail around....he supposed this just meant that he would have to try very hard to ignore the world around him until they got back.

"o..okay." He stuttered with a small smile as he took the shirt full of egg's gently. Carefully he made it into a sort of sling before he twisted his torso to see if he could move easily.

"Okay I think we can go now. Though we should move quickly, if we dawdle I may notice a bug."

Once Takoda seemed situated, using the shirt now as a sling to protect the eggs, he gave a smile, "Alright, let's off then. I wouldn't want another one ending up in your hair." The idea that one might had him already moving, not wanting to risk the eggs being broken and most certainly didn't want to risk Takoda falling out of the tree because a little bug happened to fall on him. That would be more then a little unfortunate for sure. Heading back toward home it looked like Chal was brimming with excitement, wanting to hand the pack of fruit over to his family to enjoy straight away! Though at the same time he knew it might ruin their dinner so he would do his best to keep them until after dinner... though he couldn't really be certain his siblings wouldn't sniff them out the moment he arrived back at home.

Takoda managed to keep his gaze firmly ahead and not let himself be distracted by anything else. He was poor conversation as he didn't speak at all, he couldn't risk it as he cradled his precious cargo. They made their way quickly and in no time at all the home was coming into view, he slowed down remembering the large family the embarrassing questions...and paused.

"How...do we get in...?" He asked trailing off as he was hoping the would be able to sneak in somehow without being noticed. He dared not be around a bunch of little kids with a satchel full of eggs.

"That would be the question." He murmured, glancing toward home and the ambush that was likely waiting to happen. How to go about this... he thought on it a moment and then snapped his fingers, "I know, follow me." He said, walking a long, wide berth around the tree that their nest was set up in, pressing close to the base of it with Takoda, before sneaking forward around it, "We are going to try to slip the eggs into one of my Mother's hanging baskets. If we are lucky we won't be noticed until they are safe." He whispered to Takoda, continuing to slip forward until they got to where the baskets were hanging, "Alright, slid the eggs to me." He said, holding a hand out to Takoda.

As the two of them sneaked about, trying to get the eggs safely put away, a small figure came walking over to them, the youngest member of the family, tied on her vine harness which kept her from falling from the tree nest as she was just learning to walk, and she starred up at the two of them with her fist in her mouth, "Chally... whatca doing?" She asked in a child's attempt at a whisper which just sounded like an excited and hushed sound.

Giving a squeak Chal turned to look at his tiny sister before lifting a finger to his lips, "Shhhh." He murmured, digging into his pack to hand a piece of fruit off to her, knowing that he could at least buy her silence still unlike the rest of his family.

~ TBC (( J:23 O:23 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:37 pm
A Fateful Encounter: Part 4

Takoda nodded his head and followed Chal as instructed soon the plan was explained and he thought it was a pretty good one. After all the one thing to get done fast was the placement of the eggs. The fruit was also fragile but not quite as messy as the eggs if they broke.

Carefully he handed Chal the eggs one at a time, he almost dropped one of them when a voice came out of nowhere and startled him. He managed to get it over to Chal before his attention was turned to the little girl was looked just old enough to walk..but she had some words as well. Looking over her as she was quieted with some fruit he wondered if it would be enough to buy her silence. Probably but not for long.

Turning his head he looked to Chal wondering what their next should be. Would they try and escape with little notice? Or ..just give up and admit they were going to be discovered.

Chalcedony watched his sister for a long moment before he gave a sighing sound of relief before he was quickly working on putting away all of the fruit, putting it into the holes in the tree hoping that it would keep it fresher and keep it from going back were it out of the open air, in the shade, and a little more protected then if he were to put it in one of the many hanging baskets. Once his pack of empty he gave a sighing sound of relief, "There we go, all done." He said, turning to look over at Takoda who was starring at him, then to his sister who was also starring, "Hey, little bit, how about you head over to Mommy and show her what you have?" He suggested. The girl blinked her large, blue eyes up at them. It seemed as though she wasn't leaving quite yet.

Giving a bit of a quickly chuckle he glanced over at Takoda, "I think she is curious about you is all. Maybe give her a wave? She gets bored pretty fast so I am sure she will go back to Mother soon." He explained in a quiet tone of voice while the girl just chewed at on the outside of the fruit in a slightly distracted manner.

Takoda had never had to deal with young children before, after all he was an only child and he didn't spend a lot of time when he was little with other kids. Looking back to the little girl he blinked at her only to have her blink back.

Give her a wave? Feeling suddenly very shy he offered her a little wave and a little smile.

"hello." He offered softly though he really wasn't so sure about interacting with her.

The little girl seemed only to continue to stare at him, chewing on the fruit further, already looking as though she were getting sticky from the juice that came from it when it was chewed. Slowly though she lifted one hand up to mimic the wave. It caused Chal to give a bit of a chuckle, "You don't hang out around a lot of kids, do you?" He asked of Takoda as he watched the way that Takoda and his sister interacted in a rather silent manner that was completely with a whole lot of silence. Lifting a hand up to try to smother a laugh, "I know it's hard to tell but I think she might like you if that helps?" He offered, hoping to help his friend to relax a bit even if he looked a little on the uncomfortable side.

Takoda looked to Chal and then back to the little girl. He thought that she liked him? That...felt weird to be liked by a little girl. Swallowing he tried to think of what he could talk to her about. What did kids her age ...like?

"My name is Takoda....what is yours?" He inquired slowly kneeling down to be down closer to her level. He truely did want to try and be friends with Chal's siblings though he did find them rather overwhelming. Takoda could only hope by lingering the rest wouldn't suddenly come running.

"Do you like the fruit?" Was his next question after all she seemed to be devouring it and making quite a mess of herself as well. There was a strong desire to clean her up even though she wasn't his sibling.

Chalcedony gave a smile when Takoday knelt down to talk to his sister on her level instead of either ignoring her or standing above her talking. It made him happy to know that his new friend would be so open with the girl, it really was sweet of him, "Can you tell Takoda your name?" He asked of his sister, giving her a moment to try do so. There weren't a lot of others Chal's age, guys especially, that would be so willing to try to make friends with such a little child. It only made Chal like him that much more.

Shifting in place the girl lifted one sticky hand up to lay it against the Takoda's arm, "I Isa." She said after a long, drawn out moment. It seemed as though she were debating it before deciding that it would be alright to share her name with her brother's friend, "H'lo Koda." She said, smiling up at him, then lifted the chewed on piece of fruit up toward the healer to be, giving a smile as she did so.

"Aww, Isa, you are such a good girl, sharing your fruit with him." Chal said, sounding the part of a proud older brother from the tone of his voice and the smile on his face.

Takoda was touched by the girls sticky hand, it didn't bother him though he made a mental note to wash before he went back home. He didn't need to attract another nondwa on his way though he was sure Zuko would like a friend.

"Yes a very nice girl.." Takoda started as he smiled and took the fruit and nibbled on it to show his appreciation. Smiling at her he gave her a small poke in the stomach before he stood up.

"I should probably be going, I would rather get home before night fall hit." The shifter explained gently. It wasn't that he wouldn't love to stay and get to know his first little friend but darkness just was another round of stress for the boy. New things he had to worry about.

That Takoda would go as far as to take the offered fruit, it was something that had him smiling even more brightly, that was until he was saying that he had to get going. Giving a nod he gave his sister a pat on her back, "Say goodnight to our friend, Isa, so that he can get going on his way home. After that you should go see Mommy, alright?" He told the girl who seemed as though she were enjoying the company that she had with Takoda.

She was all quiet and cute for the moment though were the others to show up Chal was more then positive that the girl would start to yell just as loud as everyone else, only she would just yell gibberish, doing it only to keep up with everyone else. At the announcement that the other boy was going to leave she took a step forward, attaching herself to Takoda's leg, a pout appearing on her lips, "Nooooo..."

Chal gave a sigh and a shake of his head, "Eesh, here it comes." He murmured, able to tell by the quivering lip that it was the start to a fit. He would be able to deal with it on his own though for the moment he felt a little bad for Takoda getting caught up in it too, "Just give me a moment and I will detach her." He reassured his friend.

Takoda blinked noticing how she looked crushed that he was leaving. He felt ...terrible! But he couldn't take her home and he was pretty sure she would miss her family if he did take her home.

"Shhhh shhhh its okay, you see I live pretty far...but I promise I'll come visit again. Do you like...nondwa's?" He inquired thinking maybe he could bring the gaint insect to play with Isa. The stupid thing had practically moved in with him and he couldn't get rid of it no matter how he tried.

"I have one of them at home and I bet he'd love to meet you Isa." Takoda was tryiing to distract her while Chal was getting her undone.

The youngling, who appeared as though she were about to burst into tears seemed to calm down a bit when Takoda said that he would be coming to visit again. That was a good thing, then her eyes went rather wide, glittering a little bit, as he asked about nondwa, "Ah?" She looked quite curious, then gave a squealing sound when she was told that he had one of those very insects that he'd mentioned to her, "Can I?" She asked in a hushed whisper, the idea that she might be able to see a nondwa up close and even play with it! It would appear as though the girl was suddenly loving him that much more now that he offered to bring his pet by.

Chal blinked a couple time, then laughed, "Good job, Takoda." It seemed as though Takoda was rather good at taming kids even if he weren't good with them. It was rather cute and the fact that he was able to get his sister to even forgo a tantrum over the loss of a new person that she thought she needed to have, "So, since he promises to come back and even bring his pet with him do you think that you can let him go for now?"

The girl chewed on her lower lip, seeming as though she were thinking it over before giving a slow nod of her, "Okay, Koda." She murmured, taking a step back. She would believe him, for now, it would appear.

Takoda smiled as he was getting the hang of talking to the little girl Isa. She was positively adorable and she was leaving quite the impression on him. Takoda wanted to scoop her up and cuddle her but...felt it would be a bit weird since he just met her.

"Thank you Isa. I promise to bring the nondwa soon." He promised wondering if perhaps he could convince the large insect to stay here.... it would be nice since the large bug often kept him on edge.

"Be a good girl for your brother okay Isa?" Takoda asked as he patted her head lightly before standing to move beside Chal ready to go home.

"You don't have to walk me all the way home..." He murmured quietly hoping that Chal didn't feel obligated, after all he had so much to do, helping his mother with everything from dressing to feeding it seemed.

The girl starred up at them for a moment before finally turning on her heel to toddle back toward where she had left everyone else. Chal watched her for a moment before he looked at Takoda, "Come on, it's best if we get moving. The moment she gets back to where the others are she will tell them all about the fruit she got, you, and your pet." Which meant that they were going to be over run in a short amount of time if they were careful by the rest of his siblings. It was something he meant to protect Takoda from. It was late and the timid Shifter had already deal with them once today. Best to wait until a new day for him to get attacked again by their curiosity.

"Let's hop down a few levels then we can walk a ways toward your place. I'd walk you all the way home but given the darkening of the sky I am sure that it will be dinner time and then bed."

Takoda took heed of Chal's warning,smiling as they managed to escape out of the nest home and then drop the the forest floor. It was much easier to run on the flat surface and though they ran a short distance Takoda slowed his pace to a jog before stopping entirely. Glancing back the nest home was small but not out of sight.

"Your family is very special...I ..l..look forward to meeting them all again." He murmured honestly. "though...maybe just a few at a time?" He asked hopeful that such a think could happen. If he met them all at the same time again he was afraid he would be just as overwhelmed.

Once the two of them had stopped, far enough from the nest that they shouldn't be noticed, he gave a smile, "I am glad to hear that they haven't chased you off yet despite everything." He said, he would find it to be quite a shame if he were unable to spend more time with Takoda because he didn't want to deal with his family. Wanting to meet them a few at a time was actually something understandable given that they could be rather... loud, "Sure, I will see what I can do about you meeting them in smaller groups unlike earlier. I am sorry about it, none of them mean any harm they are just... excitable at times." Or they were just trying to make fun of Chal and it drew others into teasing, such as when Takoda was referred to as Chal's girlfriend.

Takoda nodded his head after all it would be hard to coordinate so many for his request. He hoped it wouldn't be too hard. Smiling at Chal he looked to where he had to be going and then back to where he had been. It was going to be lonely back in his little house now.

"It was nice meeting you Chal, I hope to see you soon in the village." He stated as he couldn't promise when the next time he would see the shifter. But turning he offered Chal a quick hug, it was very brief and then turned to head back home. Climbing a nearby tree and then running off through the branches.

"It was nice meeting you too, thank you for all of your help today." There was a lot that he had learned from the other Shifter just due to the fact that he was aided in stepping outside of his comfort zone. It wasn't something he did often, so used to routine that a lot of things had just become the norm for him. It was interesting to do new things. It was just something he would have to work on though, to attempt to try to do such things again so that he didn't fall back into his usual habits.

The hug that he was given drew him out of his thoughts though not quick enough to return the gesture before Takoda was racing off toward home. He watched for a moment as he made his way through the canopy before turning to head for home. He hoped that Takoda would in fact come back to visit, having had a good time with him while he was here. Not to mention that he knew that Isa would be looking for her new friend from now on.

~ The End (( J:31 O:31 ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:15 pm
Watchful Eyes

Chalcedony had spent the morning following Takoda's departure preparing the fruit that they had gathered, giving it out to his siblings, and saving back the seeds in case they were needed later. After breakfast he'd then spent a good amount of time scrubbing his youngest two siblings down as they had ended up a bit messy, clothing and hair left rather sticky, from the fruit's juice which the pair had somehow succeeded in getting all over the place whil eating. He wasn't quite sure how they accomplished the feat but he was always more then a little impressed by their ability to take any single item and make a huge mess out of it. It must be a skill that kids were born with the knowledge of. Given that he no longer had such a skill personally he was guessing that it was something that faded with age, "Alright you two, go over to Mother and she will help you find something clean to wear." He told the two of them, shooing them off in the direction of their mother who had been giggling over the entire incident. The fact that the two of them succeeded in getting their hair to stick up in all directions seeming to have amused the woman greatly.

Glancing over toward her as she scooped Isa and in one arm and took hold of Luis by his hand, "I will see to getting them changed, thank you as always for your help Chal." She said, giving him a smile. That he always gave her as much help as she needed was something that well appreciated by the woman, though she did feel as if he really needed more time out of the house and doing the normal things that boys his age did. He should be out enjoying himself, hanging out with friends, maybe flirting with girls. Spending so much time at home was not something a boy his age should be doing and it was something that she knew her husband didn't really approve of, "Chal, since I have everything well in hand how about you go out and have a bit of fun? Maybe see if that friend of yours, Takoda, wants to do something." She suggested to him, wanting to see him out and about having fun, even if he was out and about more often then he was home. She knew that it wasn't something he would do easily though, instead being the sort that he would only do if pushed into it. As such she meant to do just that.

Turning to glance over at her the Shifter prentice tilted his head to one side, "Go out and have fun?" He asked, seeming as if he were considering the idea, what he could do with the free time, and if he should go and bother Takoda since they had just spent a good deal of yesterday together. Best that he let him have a rest before dragging him back into another adventure and teaching lesson with him he thought to himself, "I suppose I can go out for a little while." He murmured, tapping a finger against his chin in a thoughtful manner. He could always go out and gather some more of the foods that Takoda had taught him about. The fruit seemed to go over really well and was so much of it in the branches of those trees that the limbs had been weighed down with it. Not to mention that he could always gather more vines he was out as well. It was normally something that the twins were in charge of but since he was going out gathering he could always get more of that. The smaller vines that could be harvested from where they were growing amongst the trees could be used for so many useful things, like the weaving of more baskets that they could keep their food, supplies, and personal effects in. Alright, so he had a plan on what it was that he wanted to do this afternoon and since his mother was insisting that he get out he might as well.

"Alright, mother. I will go out for a while. Allow me to grab a few things first." He said, moving across their best to where a couple of empty packs were hanging, among them the one that he'd used yesterday. He picked up one to sling over his shoulder and next like a messenger bag then did the same with a second one. Between the two packs he would have plenty of room to pick up anything that it was that he might want or need when it came to food or other supplies that could be had out there. It was a shame that he didn't have Takoda along this time to aid him in finding all the good stuff but he would see about bringing him along the next time provided the healer to be wasn't too busy to come with him. He tossed a flask of water in his pack so he would have something to drink, some of the seeds he'd collected, and then he turned to look over at his mother, "I will be going now, just for a little while though." He knew that she wanted him to get out of the house for a while but he couldn't help but to worry about her alone with all of his siblings, what if something happened? He wanted to be here to help if it did... if he voiced such a thing though she would chase him off faster, telling him that she didn't need tending to. It was something that he'd heard from her before but he really felt as though that were the case. It would be nice if someone was here to help her, like his father, then Chalcedony would feel less as though he needed to be around constantly.

Lifting a hand to give a wave the boy was soon on his way. He'd go after the fruit first, then do a bit of vine collecting, and from there? Well he wasn't sure yet but he was sure that he could figure something out. So long as he could fill his packs he'd be happy and if he was out for a while on his own then his mother would be happy, good all around.

It was just as he was reaching the area where the dark red fruit grew that Chalcedony was starting to have a rather suspicious, itching feeling between his shoulder blades. It was one of those warnings that told him that he was being watched as well as followed. Giving pause he looked from side to side, his blue eyes scannig the area for a moment before he gave a slight shrug and went about picking the fruit that was hanging in the trees and all but calling his name. He wasn't too worried, there were countless creatures in the forest around him and if he got jumpy over every last one of them then he was going to end up... well he was going to end up like Takoda when it came to bugs. The last thing he wanted was to get all worried over every little thing, he was here for a reason and that reason was the fruit. Once he had it he would move on and the beasts could come in and take what they wanted as well. At least he was hoping that it was what they would do as opposed to outright challenging him for the fruit when he didn't even want all of it.

"Ah-ha! So this is where you got all the fruit!" Came a rather loud declaration of a voice that was far too famliar for Chalcedony's liking. He hoped against hope that it wasn't who he thought it was but as he turned to look in that direction he caught sight of Reva and Vera who were standing there watching him, arms crossed over the chests, looking as though they had caught him in the act of doing something terrible when he was in fact just getting more of the fruit that they had all seemed to enjoy.

Putting the fruit he'd gathered thus far into his pack the oldest of the Shifter siblings turned to face his sisters, lifting a hand up to point it at them, "You shouldn't be here and it's time for the both of you to go home." He said, using his most serious voice with the pair of them. He didn't really know the dangerous of this place, not really, and that meant that they could very well get themselves in trouble or worse get themselves hurt. Giving a sighing sound he took a couple of steps toward him, "I will escort you have to the nest and then I... will..." He trailed off as he felt it again, that strange, itching feeling that he'd been getting for some time now. He didn't like it, something was definitely watching them and he would almost swear that the gaze seemed to grow harder and more serious now that his sisters had arrived. Looking them over he supposed he could understand why, they were a lot smaller then he was, weaker as well. If whatever was out there was looking at Chalcedony as possible prey seeing the twins would likely make it think it had found a better option. Giving a shake of his head he moved slowly toward the two of them, holding his hands out to them.

"B-But Chal! We don't to go back already!" Vera said, looking heartbroken over the fact that the two of them had come so far only to be banished back home again. Reva was nodding along with her sister, "Come on, just let us stay!" She urged, both of them taking the offered hands if only to start to tug on them.

Opening his mouth Chalcedony was about to tell that it was a better idea that the three of them just head on their way home when he heard the shifting of branches as well as a low, threatening sound behind him. Gritting his teeth he turned and saw a pair of gleaming eyes watching the three of them before suddenly whatever it was was moving at them at a high rate of speed. Doing the only thing that he could do Chal dragged his sister to him with one swift pull, shielding them as the large creature crashed into his back and set the three of them flying...

(( Word Count: 1760 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:18 pm
The Old Man

There was an aching pain that spread across Chalcedony's back from where the creature had hit him, as well as his front due to landing so hard on the branches of the tree. He lay there for a moment, reeling from the hit, before he realized that he no longer had a hold on his sisters, "Reva! Vega! Where are you!?" He called out, dragging himself up to his feet, eyes darting from side to side, trying to locate them. Oh no, that thing hadn't gotten hold of them, had it? No, he couldn't allow either of them to be hurt! No matter what happened to him so long as his little sisters were alright then he would be happy. As he felt panic starting to rise in his chest he heard his sisters and their hushed voices from below him. Looking down he saw them on some of the lower branches where they must have landed. They were looking a little scraped up but still in one piece, "Hold on, I will be right down!" He said in a hushed whispered before he started to climb his way down toward them, eyes darting from side to side. He knew that the thing was still out there, liking preparing its next attack, and that meant that he had to move fast if he were going to get to them so that he could keep the pair kept safe.

"Come on, giving me your hands." He said quietly, holding his hands out them and they looked around for a moment before doing as asked. The two of them were such little terrors, teaming up to cause all manner of problems, but he was glad to see that when it came down to it and it was important that they listen to him that they did just that. Taking hold of their hands he dragged them up to the branch that he was on, "Come on, we will try to get back to somewhere more populated." He told them, glancing around once more then gave a cry of the surprise as once more the forest dwelling beast came charging at them, mouth open, looking as though it were ready to chomp down on any one of them given the chance to do so, not that Chal meant to give the beast the opportunity. Instead he gave a pull that swung the girls around and out of the way, taking a couple shuffling steps back that only got him grazed this thing around instead of being struck full on as he had the first time around. He seemed to be getting a little better at the dodging he thought to himself before he was pulling the girls along, making their way slowly toward where their people were more densely gathered. There would be guards there as well and if they were lucky they would be able to deal with the fast, shadowy, annoying thing that was so keen on knocking the three of them senseless. Well he wasn't about to let any of them become lunch, damn it, he was going to keep everyone safe!

Another pass by the creature, this one leaving another of those small wounds on Chal, then another, and another. He was able to almost dodge each of the strikes, to the point that he wasn't getting any major wounds and he was able to keep his sisters out of harms way but the question was for how long? A lot of small injuries could add up and strike a man down just as one major one could. He felt as though they were getting closer to home but he really couldn't be certain of it. He was a little bit mixed up at the moment as to exactly where they were due to the man blows that he'd taken up to this point and a moment later he was crashing into the base of one of the trees as he was struck again and left to stumble. Reva and Vera rushed over to him, looking his wounds over, fussing over the wounds, the siuation, and how exactly it was that they were going to get out of this mess.

The hissing sound of the beast drew the attention of the three of them as they realized that they were pinned against the tree at the moment and that the thing was there in front of them, swaying back and forth, seemingly sizing them up and which of them that it was going to eat. Chal was quick to pull his sisters behind him and the two of them clung to the back of his clothing, shaking hard, crying about howt hey wanted to go right now! Just as they were crying that out the beast lunged for them. Chal braced himself, eyes squeezing shut as he awaited the blow... and instead there was a loud battle cry followed by a sinkening 'CRUNCH' of the insect's outer shell. Slowly Chalcedony peeled open once blue eye, almost afraid to see what it was that had happened, and upon opening his eye he almost wished he hadn't done so, "Ahh... you..." He gasped out. He knew this man well, knew the arrogant stance, the weapon he carried, the scars he bore, every last detail about him... and how could he not, the one that had saved the lot of them was their...

"Daddy!" The twins cried out, breaking away from their brother so that they could rush forward to throw themselves into the arms of their massive, beast of a father who so easily swept the two of them up for a big hug. The two of them were instantly chattering in loud voices about how they were almost eaten by the terrible bug and what would they have done if he hadn't shown up and so on and so forth. The man lifted one of the girls up to perch on his shoulders before walking over toward where Chalcedony was standing, seeming as though he were frozen in place, his eyes locked on his father. He didn't understand, the man wasn't due back for a few days yet, why was he here? How was here? Was this all some sort of dream? Were the already dead and this was just some sort of way that they were being spirited to the afterlife? Seemed odd then that it would be an image of their father that would show up to usher them in such a direction, one would think that it might be their kindly mother... even though she wasn't the fighting sort, not in the least bit.

Chal blinked a couple times then asked, "W-What... W-Why are you here?" Sounding as confused as he looked at the moment. He didn't get it, why was his father home? Why was he saving them? What was going on? The young man seemed as if he were in shock and the hulking man starred down at him for a long moment before reaching a hand out to pat him lightly on the head.

"It's alright now, Chal." The man said, his voice sounding oddly soothing, nothing he'd ever heard before of him, at least not when dealing with him. It was usually the tone that the man reserved for the times that he was dealing with the little kids when they had bad dreams or something of the like. Much to the prentice's complete and utter shock the man was suddenly using his free arm to scoop his son up off the ground, "Come on, I will bring you all home." He told them, turning to the group of other higher class Shifter he had been travelling with, "One of you grab my hammer and bring it along with my family and I, the rest of you clean that b*****d up and make sure to burn it. We don't need anymore of those things coming in from the North to invade this place and try to set up their nests." He'd be damned if he let anymore of them in this area. He and his had been tracking this stray for a while with the desire to finish it off before it thought to build a home which would draw others.

Once his men moved to do as they were told the brute known as Bomani turned on his heel and started back toward his nest and the other half of his family that was there and waiting for the rest of them to get back. He wasn't sure what had led the three oldest of his children out this far but he would worry about that later, right now he would prefer to sooth the shaken trio and reassure them that everything was going to be alright. Normally the man could be a bit of a hard a** but at the moment even he was a touch shaken after having seen his babies getting chased and pelted by such a beast, "The lot of you just rest, we will be home soon enough and the lot of you can get your wounds looked at and then take a nap." He told them, sure that at the moment it was what the group of them needed the most.

Glancing toward his oldest who was clinging to him in a way he hadn't done since he was a boy and had been startled by a swarm of nondwa, he gave a bit of a grin, "You did well, Chalcedony. You will make a find guard some day." He praised him, something that had the boy giving a bit of a smile though no real reply for the moment, seemingly far to exhausted at the moment for all of that.

(( Word Count: 1617 ))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:38 am
Meta Chapter 1: Intrigue [v.S]

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 pm
Meta Chapter 2: Sauti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 pm
Class Quest

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 am
Meeting the Other Half

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 am
Chalcedony, The Guard

Chalcendony seemed to have a lot on his mind now, between the experiences that had led to him getting a rank and shield to the meeting with the halfbreed that was traveling with the rather intimidating group of Alkidike, he was feeling... well quite exhausted physically with a whole ton of various things to consider. The first and foremost thing on his mind, and the one that seemed the most important at the moment, was the shield that he was holding in his hands. It was a simple thing, circular in shape, made of gray blue wood, and held together with a metal frame. It was an item that could be used for the defense of those around him and the same time, if the need arose, it would work as a rather effective weapon good for knocking any opposition senseless. It was a situation that he hoped never to find himself in given the idea of thumping someone upside the head with his new shield wasn't exactly a thought that he savored all that much. Sure, on occasion back home, he found himself getting into what would be seen as hypocritical fights with those Shifter fighting amongst themselves. He knew that it was silly, wanting to get into fights with them for fighting with each other, but it was a fault that he at least knew was present in him and as such it was something that he knew he could work on. Now that he was given the rank of guard within his tribe, a basic rank that was nothing like what his father was, he knew that he would need to better conduct himself even with those he'd like to shield bash, those who spent their time teasing those like Takoda especially.

Giving a bit of a sigh the Shifter, now wearing his brilliant silver coloration, moved toward where the others were at the moment, likely resting if they were smart. They were following the lead of Antiope and as such they had no real idea when they would be moving camp, did they? As such he should likely stick around at least close enough that he would be able to hear if they were going to be packing things in. At least that was the idea. Whether or not he was able to keep himself in one spot though, that was the real question given that now that he had his shield and rank he felt as though he should be patrolling, keeping an eye out for danger, making sure the Shifters, as well as their allies, were kept safe. It wasn't exactly a new desire, he'd always felt such a thing toward his own family after all and then Takoda, but now he felt the desire starting to spread a bit to include those that he might not have considered protecting before. He'd even gone out of his way, getting quite a few scratches in the process, to protect members of the Wind Tribe who he didn't even know existed until very recently. The rank of guard was something that he felt suited him well given how much he wanted to keep others safe, even if it meant him taking one for the team. If he could take a wound for any member of his family, for Takoda, even for those that didn't care for Chalcedony, he would do so. Better that he take the pain himself instead of seeing others come to harm, right? It was a sentiment that was likely something that was unique to him since not all people were as willing to step in the way to defend another person with their own body. Chalcedony was such a person though.

Reaching the camp where his people were gathered, some laying down for the night, he moved to sit down, stretching out all over, and then started to take them all in while in deep thought. He wondered what it was that his father would think about him earning his rank while out and about like this, wondering if the man had planned this. Did he know that he was going to have a chance like this? Surely not, the man couldn't have guessed what sort of situations, as well as other tribes, that his son would meet with... but still, the man was sharp. He could have guessed that something might happen that he would lead Chalcedony along such a path, one that might award him rank within his tribe. Now that he had it though he wondered what the next step would be. When he got home should he consider offering himself to the tribe, to serving it in the way that his father did? Should he see about finding a home of his own or would it be alright for him to still live with his family despite being officially a grown up? He wasn't sure about that but he knew that when he got home, whenever that might be, he was going to certainly need a whole lot of good rest and food before he even thought about building himself his own personally nest, huh? Once he was moved out, with a nest of his own, would his family start to nudge him toward getting a family of his own?

It was a thought that brought color to Chal's silver colored cheeks before he set his shield aside, though still within arm's reach, and shrugged reached out to catch hold of his pack and pulled it over so that he could lay back on it, using it as a makeshift pillow. Gazing at the skies of Sauti, which felt more closed in then Tale but more open the Jauhar, the Shifter focused on the glittering stars as he thought over that thought. A mate of his own, huh? It was something that was expected of a grown up which was what Chal was now that he had a rank and weapon as well as the ability to better serve his tribe but thinking on it he couldn't quite bring himself to consider the idea. He didn't really want just any woman, or just any mate, he wanted to find someone that he cared about, that he loved, that he wanted to spend his life with, and that wasn't just anyone. When he closed his eyes one person did come to mind... but it was a thought that he quickly shoved aside since it was something that only made his cheeks burn that much more. On top of that it was something that embarrassed him a little and made him feel a little bad thinking about a friend in such a manner, his best friend at that. He was probably just mixing up his feelings for his friend was all. He wanted to hang out with Takoda, wanted to keep him safe, wanted to be close to him and if he was lucky keep him close for the rest of their lives. It was just because Takoda was his first real, adult friend right? It must be that. Surely it couldn't be something more, something like what his parents had, right?

Glancing over in the direction that he'd seen his friend, likely surrounded by others that were in need of healing, water, or the various other, amazing things that his friend was capable of doing. It was one of those things that was far beyond Chalcedony, never having really had the touch when it came to even the weakest of magic. He could only ever be in awe of Takoda and the others that were able to wield such powers, he would just have to make do with all that he could do with the shield he was given since that was what he had been what he had to work with along with his strong sense of duty toward those who needed him. Speaking of that sense of duty he found himself wondering again if he should see about starting with making rounds tomorrow, it was something that was sure would aid his people, to keep them safe, to make sure nothing worse then those pesky birds were coming anywhere close to their camp and deal with it. It would be a good time to start since it didn't seem too dangerous where they were camped out in Sauti and it would allow him to get the feel of being a real protector for people other then his family members and Takoda, right? Alright, so he would start tomorrow! That meant that he should probably get a good night's worth of sleep, though he wondered how hard it might be to get to sleep since he felt a little jazzed up at the moment.

Though even as he was thinking about how hard it might be to get to sleep the events of the day seemed to catch up with the Shifter all at once and it wasn't long before he was curled up on his side, snoozing away, a touch of drool in the corner of his mouth.

(( Word Count: 1507 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:02 pm
Patrolling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 pm
Meta Part 3: Zena

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm
It Was Inevitable...

The plan was a simple enough one really, all that he had to do was find his sister, talk with her about the plans that he had to take Takoda home with them to Tale and to their village, pack up the makeshift camp that he had set up upon arriving to Zena, and in a couple of days time they would all head off as a group, back to Tale where things were nice and warm and made sense to him. Zena and Sauti were alright enough places to visit but the longer that he was in the two foreign countries the more that he had missed home. It was strange since he had been more then eager to make random trips into Jauhar to see new things, things that weren't those that could be found in Tale. It would appear as though he loved his homeland far more then had thought that he did. It was an interesting thing to learn indeed. As he was thinking about this though he suddenly realized something, he was being watched, wasn't he? The archer knew the feeling well, it was one that made your back itch from the eyes that were on you and the first thing that he thought was that it was a predator of some sort given that he felt as though whatever was watching him wanted to do him harm.

Hands sliding to his back he caught hold of his bow, and an arrow, and whirled around to meet whatever it was that was glaring holes through him head on... and then he froze in place when he saw who it was that was standing there. Not a predator but perhaps someone more dangerous, it was Takoda's shield carrying bodyguard. Oh, this wasn't going to be good, was it? The look in the guy's said it all and it was as their gazes locked that he suddenly realized something very, very bad. This guy, he liked Takoda as well, didn't he? On top of that he would bet his very bow that the guy had seen the two of them together, probably saw them kiss, and he wasn't pleased about it, not in the least. As such he didn't lower his arrow, instead leaving it trained on the guy. He was Takoda's friend but he couldn't not shoot him, not in any way that would seriously injure him because the Healer would be bound to knock him senseless for wounding the guy. He didn't want to do it but if he had to then he would, he would defend himself after all, "What do you want?" Jacin demanded, sending a prayer to the spirits of Tale that this didn't cause some sort of incident between their tribes because it turned out that the boy of them wanted the same person... it wasn't something that he was going to guess happened often, the idea of a man being fought over by two other men, one of whom was from another land. Sounded like some sort of strange story of romance that should be told around the camp fires or something... well, provided it ended well.

Chalcedony starred at Jacin for a long moment when the other asked what he wanted, glancing down at the sharp, gleaming tip of the arrow that was being pointed his way before he turned his attention to Jacin and his eyes narrowed, "What do I want?" He asked of the Leaf Tribesman before he gave a slight twitch, "I want you to stay away from home, why don't you just turn around and start walking. I don't want you messing around with my friend anymore." He told him, doing his best to keep his tone of voice as steady as possible, even if he wanted nothing more then to yell at the guy, to tell him to piss off, and to stay at least a country away from Takoda at all times. He had never felt so mad then when he stumbled across the pair, finding the damn Leaf Tribesman pawing all over Takoda, kissing him, and otherwise being far too close for the Shifter's liking. He'd been tempted to attack him right then and there, to grab hold of the brunette, to drag him off of Takoda, and give him a swift kick in the a** right then and there... tempting, but not something he'd do. Chalcedony wasn't a violent man, didn't fight without damn good reason. On top of that he felt if he'd done that it might have embarrassed Takoda and made the Healer upset with him, it was why he'd waited until the archer was alone to confront him.

Hand tightening on the shield that he had in his hands he glanced to the side, "Just... go, alright. I don't like you hanging all over him... just... go back to Tale." He muttered, forcing down the desire for violence he felt welling up in him knowing it was a silly, childish emotion. He couldn't let such feelings get the better of him, he just had to chase this guy off was all and then there would be nothing to worry about.

Of course even as he thought that Jacinthus just gave a bit of a laugh, "You want me to get lost, huh? That is fine and I will be heading back to Tale in a couple days." He said as he lowered his arrow before his lips turned up into a bit of a smirk, "Of course what else you ask me for, that desire for me to leave Takoda alone, it isn't gonna happen. He is coming with me to Tale after all. Apparently going home with you isn't an option that he is at all interested in." He knew that he was baiting the guy, not the best of ideas, but he wasn't a fan of someone that he didn't even know telling him what to do. Going as far as to tell him to go home without Takoda though, that was too much, "Takoda is mine, Shield Boy. Not to mention that he picked me. Obviously he has zero interest in you as anything other then what you are, a friend." He told him, glad that it had been that one that was stuck in the 'friend zone' instead of him. He really hadn't understood his feelings for Takoda, not until they had spoken tonight, but now that it was all out in the open he wasn't giving him over to anyone, no matter if they were of the same tribe, even if they were friends, and even if this one like Takoda as much as he did. Takoda wasn't someone that he was going to give up now that he had him, childish as though it might seem for it.

News that Takoda was going to be going back Tale, not Jauhar, seemed as though it had silenced Chal for a long moment, leaving him standing there stock still as the other was suddenly declaring to him that Takoda was his, that he'd picked him, and that Takoda had no interest in Chalcedony as anything other then as a friend. He blinked a couple times, then gave rapid shake of his head, "That is a lie! Takoda wouldn't just go to Tale with you!" He cried out, not wanting for Takoda to disappear into Tale without him, he'd never see him again! The idea of losing his important friend, one that he enjoy spending time with, and losing him to this arrogant p***k, it stung, "This is a mistake, you tricked him!" He had to of, he had to deal with him, to protect Takoda from him, and make sure that this guy didn't lead him away from his people and off into Tale! The lone Shifter in a strange country, who was to say that it wasn't a trap or a trick? What if they wanted him to get information out of him or some other insidious reasons? He couldn't allow that to happen! He would protect Takoda.

"I won't let some weirdo like you kidnap him!" He declared, something that had Jacin's eyes going wide, looking as if he didn't much care for being called a weirdo by someone that he didn't even know, on top of that and likely worse then that being called a kidnapper, "I will protect Takoda from you and I will make sure he doesn't go anywhere near Tale, at least not with you." He wouldn't! He had to keep him safe from this stranger, who knew what he wanted with him for real? Nothing good, he was just sure of it! He was taking advantage of Takoda's gentle nature and kind heart and it was something that Chalcedony didn't like even in the least bit.

A hissing sound escaped from Jacin and he took a step forward, "What? You think that you are going to get in my way, Shield Boy? I think not. We already made our plans, he will likely tell you tonight, and two days from now we are leaving no matter what you think!" He spat out, lifting a fist up to brandish at Chalcedony, "So how about you back off, take it like a man that you lost him to me, and get lost! You say another word and by all the spirits in Tale I swear I will knock your head off your shoulders!" He didn't care at this point, the guy was insulting him, calling him all sorts of names, acting as though Takoda were some youngling that Jacin were trying to lure off somewhere with candy to eat him, and it was starting to piss him off. By this point, were it anyone from Tale, he'd of attacked already, but because it was Takoda's friend he was really, really trying to be nice, trying, but failing now... one more word, one more stupid comment from this overly protective, idiot Shifter and he was going to knock him senseless and leave him buried in the snows of Zena until whenever they melted down enough for his body to be found!

Chalcedony starred at the fist that was being waved at him, eyes going wide, before he tossed his shield to the ground, "You are gonna beat me up? As if you could... a wuss like you who hides from battle and takes pot shots with your pansy a** bow?" He spat out, using some choice insults he'd heard his father use before, a man that felt the only fighters that weren't wimps were the ones knee deep in battle and coated in blood by the end of it, "Let's see what you can do, if anything?"

A moment later the two hardheaded young men were lunging forward, weapons forgotten, so that they could settle their differences with their fists. Emotions were running high, the worst of those emotions being jealously of one another and an even stronger emotion that they felt toward Takoda, something that could only end between the two of them with violence... it was inevitable after all...

(( Word Count: 1842 ))

◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces