PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:04 pm
Shadows and animals

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 am
Babysitter for Hire

Howl's offering babysitting? He must not be feeling well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:35 pm
One hundred facts about Howl (For Lolly's Use)

1. Naturally has brown hair and green eyes.
2. Is married (to Sophie).
3. Once gave his heart to a dying star to save it.
4. Loves spiders.
5. Hates getting angry (loses control of his magic, Calcifer's the only one powerful enough to withstand it).
6. Was born in Wales.
7. Speaks both Welsh and English fluently
8. His favorite Disney movie is Lion King.
9. His favorite color's blue, mostly due to Sophie's eyes.
10. Can't cook--without Calcifer's help.
11. Insanely picky eater.
12. Likes poetry (quotes and reads it often).
13. Likes cats, doesn't seem to like dogs much.
14. Owns a guitar but can't play it, or do anything musical for that matter.
15. Hates--absolutely hates rain.
16. Is currently heartless--literally.
17. Has a terrible memory. Once he loses interest in someone (girls) he begins forgetting things about them.
18. Has the emotional maturity of a five year old with the attitude and moodswings of a fourteen year old just hitting puberty.
19. Doctors scare him, medicine too, but that's mostly because it tastes bad. (It's poison!)
20. Is terrified of anything undead.
21. He has trouble reading his own handwriting, it's so bad.
22. Sophie and Kali are the only people he'll stop midtantrum for.
23. Ironically, Sophie and Kali usually are the people who make him tantrum in the first place.
24. He was born with magical abilities.
25. Went through college even though his older sister, Megan, said it was a waste of time and money.
26, Has spent many years convincing his older sister that he's a jobless lazy waste of education so she wouldn't suspect what he really does.
27. In Star Wars, his favorite character is Han, because he can relate.
28. If Leia had red-gold hair, she'd remind him of Sophie. Or Kali.
29. Is an early riser.
30. Considers what he naturally looks like as ugly and unlovable.
31. Played as a wing in rugby for his college team.
33. His homelife before Ingary was terrible, but he doesn't talk about his past unless he's acting as if he's lying so no one will know.
34. Named after one of the founders of Wales. "Hywell".
34. His younger brother's obsession with Pokemon scares him.
35. He's terrified of Aesica--and most people who remind him of--or are, vampires.
36. Mostly Sophie's father, to be exact.
37. Even though Viktor's only human, Howl thinks Kali's uncle must be related to something rather scary.
38. Proclaims himself to be wicked. If this is an actual belief or he just goes along with what people say remains to be seen.
39. Comes up with cheesy comparisons for his and Sophie's love constantly.
40. Loves to complain even if he's perfectly happy. Especially at Sophie.
41. Heights scare him silly.
42. Was once (briefly) a genie.
43. Can be perfectly polite; but usually prefers not to be.
44. His current goal is to somehow (he doesn't care how, as long as it happens) bring Morgan to Gaia.
45. Flirts witrh Darcy only to remind himself that she's female and so he can't turn her into a toad for annoying him; and because it bothers her.
46. He generally flirts with Kali for the same reasons, but without the turning her into a toad part.
47. Believes in happily ever afters.
48. Considers several children his apprentices.
49. Red hair is his favorite on women. Might be why he falls for powerful witches (and Kali).
50. Has many insults for Sophie--most of them come from poetry.
51. First Gaian girlfriend was Natalie (asked her out when he was a toddler).
52. Has no male friends his age. None.
53. Holidays are extremely important to him; and his presents are always over the top.
54. Favorite childhood book was Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter.
55. Starts rumors about himself and then strives to fit the reputations caused by this. (Has had people go out to blacken his name; his favorite was Michael's idea to tell the people in Market Chipping that he eats the hearts of young girls and steals their souls).
56. Loves mythology
57.Firmly believes most myths--Merlin was born in Wales, fairies, etc.
58. Gets on well with children-most of his companions are younger than he is--Sophie and Kali are exceptions.
59. Is fluent in piglatin, but only speaks in it to annoy people.
60. His room is enchanted to remain cluttered and messy. No matter how many times it's cleaned, even if Sophie ordered his books and trinkets to remain on the shelves they belong, they'd somehow find their way back to the floor.
61. Is especially talented in divination.
62. His castle only has three bedrooms.
63. Doesn't like anyone in his room, besides Sophie--and for more reasons than the obvious one.
64. Has a magical window in said room, where he can watch the goings on of Ingary--and in Wales should he wish.
65. Is terribly impatient
66. Calcifer, Sophie and Kali are the only people he really sees as equals.
67. Kali's the only one of those three he trusts not to laugh at him when something goes wrong.
68. Howl may be semi-in-love with the redheaded mage, but he'd never admit that. She'd probably kill him if he did.
69. Met Kali at his birthday party, and immediately liked her. Not only did she look like Sophie, but she lectured him like Sophie, too.
70. Has a thing for ice cream.
71. Is known for wearing elaborate suits, but has been seen in worn out jeans and t-shirts.
72. Loves Shakespeare, except for Romeo and Juliet. He says it's because Romeo was obviously a creeper.
73. Devin's his favorite person in all Gaia; well, he's only second to Sophie; and may be tied with Kali.
74. He tries to see Kali as the older sister he's always wanted to have--but he fails miserably and then attempts to make up for it by asking her on practice dates.
75. Already considers himself godfather to Kali's unborn child.
76. Favorite board game is Clue
77. Favorite card game is Madgab
78. Best friend is Calcifer--and Kali.
79. Kiri scares him, but that might be because he's Howl's boss now.
80. It might be that Howl's scared of him because Kiri doesn't appear very nice.
81. Tends to overcharge the rich and give the poor things for free.
82. Is an absolute coward when it comes to facing anything he considers to match his abilities.
83. Tends to run away when this happens--but only so he can convince himself he's not doing it, in order to do it.
84. Gets sick often; and often thinks he's dying due to this.
85. Doesn't like answering direct questions. Or questions at all.
86. Dislikes Lance--but that's mostly because he fell for Kali.
87. Okay, maybe he hates Lance. But he did promise Kali he'd try to be nice to him. When Kali's around, that is.
88. Favorite holiday to crash is Valentines day.
89. Has been on Gaia for almost three years.
90. Currently angry with his mother; he doesn't think she's been acting like a mother should.
91. Has trouble sleeping; nightmares.
92. Has read the books about him about twenty times each.
93. His castle's currently invisible.
94. Enjoys correcting the terribly inaccurate movie Miyazaki claims is about him. When it's really about some creeper who stole his name and impersonated him--luckily said imposter wasn't dressed nearly as well as Howl does himself.
95. Doesn't drink tea unless it's got plenty of honey and sugar in it.
96. His favorite cookies are snickerdoodles.
97. Is fickle.
98. Is very often hysterical.
99. Is probably the vainest teenager on Gaia; but a bit of that is Sophie's fault. Howl likes opening Castle in the Air to the page where she says he's the greatest wizard in Ingary or anywhere else.
100. Knows how to define love--without defining it.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:59 pm
Harry Potter and the other magical folk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:18 pm
Front Page updated

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:29 pm
Less than dearest Howl,

I regret to inform you that our beloved Sophie has passed on.

Whilst on holiday in Gambino with my sister, the home they were staying in burned. A body that is believed to be hers was discovered, but due to the severity of her injuries we thought it best to cremate her.

We will be holding a ceremony this coming Sunday on the Castle grounds at 2:00pm if you wish to attend. While I may not have approved of you, I know of your extended history together, and will respect whatever wishes you may have considering funeral preparations.

Sincerely,
Monsieur Adrian De Launey
First son of Lord Oden De Launey
King of the Realm of Night

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 pm
Love Lost

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 pm
(And swear) No where lives a woman true and fair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:52 am
Howell Jenkins had never felt so helpless as when he scanned over the letter Adrian De Launey had sent him. He had been quite surprised to receive it, knowing that the vampire wasn't fond of him, but as he read it, he wished he hadn't. Sophie... Dead. Gone. A fire?

Howl had trouble believing that. They had been through witches, djinns, and lubbocks and Sophie had died in a fire? He might have been in denial, but the wizard didn't believe a simple fire could have taken his wife's life. What could Mr. De Launey gain from lying? Who could lie about that sort of thing? It was cruel, impossibly cruel. Too cruel for even an evil vampire such as Adrian De Launey to think of.

It probably didn't help matters that Calcifer was firm in his belief that Sophie was alive and well. Howl didn't want to believe that. Sophie being alive meant she was avoiding him. That she didn't love him anymore. No no, he was sure Sophie would have come to him if she was alright. She would have told him she was okay. She wouldn't have made him worry. She would have given some sign that she had survived.

The only reasonable thing was to believe Sophie was dead. If she wasn't, she would have come to him. She loved him. And he had loved her. So very much. He had practiced with Kali, so he would know what to do; he had taken Sophie on dates, he had planned to propose; he felt he had done everything right. Calcifer's insistance that Sophie still lived was the only thing troubling him. He had never known his firedemon to be wrong. Certainly Calcifer was mean spirited in some ways, but he knew his firedemon had a soft spot for Sophie; surely he wouldn't suggest there was hope if there wasn't.

"I tell you, Howl, Sophie lives. She's been cursed, and probably cannot tell you who or where she is. She lives. You just have to find her."

Howl didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear theories of how his wife could have survived the fire. She was dead. Gone. The more he repeated it in his mind, the more he accepted it. She was gone. And with her gone--part of him was gone too. Not his heart, for Calcifer had that--but something about him had changed in less than an hour. He wore an expression that looked like it would better fit a face of sixty years than his teenage appearance. There was something worn about it; an emptiness to those already marble like eyes.

"Do you think Sophie's right under your nose?" Calcifer asked him. "This De Launey, he didn't sound as if he was grieving. Too formal. You said Sophie's his daughter. A grieving father wouldn't start a letter the way he did, Howl. Perhaps you angered the family, and this is their way of getting back at you. Perhaps the fact that you did not propose on May Day upset Sophie--" but the firedemon's ideas went unheard. His wizard had buried his face in his hands.

"Don't drip on me!" was the instant yelp from Calcifer as he hurried back to the fireplace.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:28 pm
Taken from Leyla's Journal
User Image

Dear Journal,

Kep in mind that I, Leyla, am dictating this to my older brother, Devin, who agreed to write this for me since I am unable. Any misspellings or errors are his fault because he is silly. Hey! Devin, I said stupid, not silly! Stop writing everything I say! I don't care if I told you to! I don't want-- Hey! I said quit it! Okay so you're not stupid! I'm sorry! Can we get back to writing about Howl now? Yes, I know you're worried about him. We're all worried about him.

Anyway, now that Devin's stopped writing everything I say, Sophie died a few days ago. I know, I didn't think she ever would. Howl always spoke so highly of her that she seemed invincible. Even when he called her nosy, bossy and all sorts of things, we could always tell he loved her. He says he's heartless--but I don't know if that's entirely true. I don't think he would have been so upset to find out she was dead if he didn't care about her. Maybe love doesn't come from the heart.

Calcifer says Howl is broken. None of us know how to fix him. If Sophie really is alive, like Calcifer says, I hope she dies after seeing what she's done to my brother. But for Howl's sake, I hope she's alive and that she'll come home soon. I don't know why that vampire would lie about Sophie being dead. Devin says he was really nice when he went over there with Howl--but he says Mr. De Launey didn't seem quite happy with Howl. He says Howl was very scared. I don't know why. Devin says he doesn't know either.

Howl's eyes seem empty. I mean, they were like marbles before... Now they're like tunnels. Blue tunnels that lead no where. Or maybe they lead into the darkness. I don't know how to describe them. I'm only a year old. Devin says Howl's been trying to give up magic. But Calcifer says he can't--he can't go back to the way he lived in Wales. He's not the same person anymore. Once he started learning with his teacher (neither I or Devin are able to spell her name), his magic matured enough so that--well. I don't know how to explain it. I guess he wouldn't be Howl without his magic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:04 pm
The theory's the thing

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:40 pm
Letter to Sophie

An angry script followed a letter that had clearly been enchanted to find Sophie--where ever it was Sophie was. A sharp contrast from the letter Adrian had received almost a month ago now, Howl's handwriting was no longer shakey and uncertain. No longer were words blurred by tears.

Sophie -

Where ever you are, Sophie, I have accepted the fact that you must be alive. I can’t believe how long it took me to accept this. It was harder than I thought it would be. Where ever you are, Sophie, be assured. I will find you. Calcifer says you are not in danger. I hope you are happy in your new home--whatever they’re calling you now. Your father wrote me inviting me to your funeral. Calcifer says you’re very much alive. He says you’re under some sort of spell, so I understand if you cannot respond to this. Maybe you’ve forgotten who you are--maybe you really are dead.

In case of the latter, please don’t respond. If you’ve forgotten, however--Hello, I’m Howell Jenkins, better known as Howl Pendragon, Royal Wizard to the king of Ingary, your husband. You’re probably confused if you don’t remember me. If you do know who I am, however, and I hope you do, Sophie, I must inquire why you have done this. Are you avoiding me? Did you somehow know about my plan to propose to you and are avoiding our marriage? It’s unlike you, Sophie. When Mr. De Launey first sent the letter, I didn’t want to believe that you had somehow escaped the fire. I didn’t want to believe you were dead either--but believing you were alive, and that you had deceived me in such a way--Sophie... I don’t understand. How could you? This isn’t like the woman I married so many years ago.

If you can, meet me outside my residence. I have finished the castle--and I wish for you to meet a friend of mine. Her name is Kali. She’s the friend I told you about before, the one who’s been helping me with my memory--and to keep my focus on you. She’s getting married soon too--and I know she would love to meet you, Sophie. If you are truly still alive as Calcifer says. He’s never been wrong before... I hope he’s right this time, Sophie. I told you once that you really must let me die before you do. These few weeks I--I haven’t known what to do with myself. Everything reminds me of you. Magic, my name, some pink haired girl at the park. She had your gift, Sophie. When I heard her talking to the clouds--I must admit I thought she was you, briefly.

I told her about us. Wasn't my type; I've never fancied pink hair. Every time I looked at it, I thought of you, and how you once dyed my hair pink. She had a voice that didn't fit her face, and a determination that matched yours. Seemed a bit too much like me. Certainly she was vain; I asked her about her gift, and she dismissed it as nothing. She seemed uncomfortable, somehow, though. Maybe she didn't like me, or maybe I was too much of a downer on her day.

Anyway, enough about the girl I wasn't interested in. Really, I was too busy being upset about you dying to notice whether she was kind or pretty or anything, really. Just that I really don't like her pink hair.

Oh. Before I forget, send my condolences to your father. I hope he likes toads. He's going to be seeing a lot of them from now on. That'll show him for lying to me.

- Howl

P.S. Don't bother with that return to sender stuff. I've enchanted this letter to find you, where ever you may be. So even if you're dead and buried--it'll find you. I know better now, though, Sophie. You are very much alive, and when I find you, we will speak further on this matter. For all I know, I could somehow poison myself--but no. I'm not stooping to your level. I would never try to hurt you in such a way. Wicked as I am, I could not bring myself to do something so cruel. When you return, and find your castle full of toads--know that I am not turning them back.

-Howl

P.P.S. - Please tell me who you are so I can find you. I love you very much, Sophie. I don't know if my love is reciprocated or not--but at least tell me what's going on. Please.

Journals and Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff