Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[ anthemusa : p3 the convention ] Exhibition Hall Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:04 pm
Welcome

The Exhibition Hall is likely a familiar sort of place for those that have attended a convention or two. Here's where the true hustle and bustle of the convention tends to be and it's the easiest way to get to both the Panel Rooms and the Gaming Corner. It's also where you'll find various artists who might be selling their wares from music or game-based posters to commission work or other things.

It's a great place for someone to showcase wares, from clothing to plushies and everything in between, or for local businesses to simply get their names out in the ever expanding world of Destiny City.

Or if you're hungry, there's some food-based vendors and there's probably a drink place here or there. Rumor has it the best local bakery and tea shop's set up a little cart so if you've got a sweet tooth craving, that might be where you want to sate it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:04 pm
The Vendors List

Below you'll find the list of local vendors where your character can interact with the character of the player running the booth. Among these there's also a pizza place, a few board and card game based vendors, and misc booths that you'd likely find at any sort of convention.

If you're looking for something specific and it's not listed, contact me and if I feel like it's a good fit, I'll provide NPC interaction at one of the booths.

Vendor List

Name of the Business: Just Designs
        Character Name(s): Justine Lawrence
        Merchandise: Caricatures, character drawings, graphic design sketches (final product for graphic design won't be given till after the event)
        Extra: She saw an opportunity to be artsy and dove for it.
        Quote for Interaction: Sami-Fire

Name of the Business: Cats N Clothes
        Character Name(s): Evren Porter
        Merchandise: Evren is selling custom pet outfits, homemade pet treats as well as giving out pamphlets on her family's pet clinic. She could be convinced to make a matching outfit for the owner perhaps~
        Extra: Evren swears she got permission to have her cat Regi at the booth... she has no idea where all the other cats hanging out at her booth came from... she did not pick them up on her way here....
        Quote for Interaction: Stump_Fairy

Name of the Business: Corner Game Shop
        Character Name(s): Alphonse St. Grey
        Merchandise: Games (card, board, table-top, video, etc.)
        Extra: Aura and Imagi St. Grey will be helping at the convention booth as well as it’s their parents’ shop (as per sweenys_revenge)
        Quote for Interaction: Meighei or Sweenys_Revenge

Name of the Business: The Farmer's Daughter
        Character Name(s): Rhona Lee
        Merchandise: Anything and everything you'd expect to find at a farmer's market from fresh and canned produce to hand crafted artwork!
        Extra: for anything you feel is relevant to add not covered above
        Quote for Interaction: Sweenys_Revenge

Name of the Business: TEArimisu
        Character Name(s): Stormy can do it herself, but Jane can be around if u feel!
        Merchandise: Food: select little bakery delectable and a few original tea mixes I imagine + standard flavors
        Extra: let's go have some fun <3
        Quote for Interaction: medigel

Name of the Business: It's nameless
        Character Name(s): Mordred Pendragon
        Merchandise: It's not even an actual booth it's Just Mordred running a gambling ring on the various MOBA matches
        Extra: It's a secret gambling ring dang it and she's gonna ride this gravy train until she's stopped
        Quote for Interaction: iStoleYurVamps

Name of the Business: Bea's Bear-N-Steins
        Character Name(s): Beatrice Kellye
        Merchandise: Various dolls and stuffed animals that have been doctored together to form new "and improved" monsters. Some look familiar (as in, copyright characters butchered together) while others are unique.
        Extra: She's more than happy to mesh your own dolls or plushies, you just have to bring them up to her and make your request!
        Quote for Interaction: Ghouliboo

Nuxaz

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:05 pm
Extra

Calling all vendors!!!

sami-fire

sweenys_revenge

stump_fairy

medigel

istoleyurvamps

ghouliboo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:01 pm
If you are listed below as a volunteer, you're expected to at least linger in this thread for a period of time unless discussing with me first.

List of Volunteers

Desdemona Anania: Floor Surveyor (Wanders the Entire Convention ensuring things run smoothly)
Omorose Khan: Vendor Management (Ensuring No One has Set Up Illegally)
Adaline Prescott: Crowd Control (Doing whatever needs to be done to ensure everything is smooth sailing)

frayedflower
she'll start off with chase

pixie nyxie
if you need Pen, lmk

Nuxaz

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm
Omorose didn't know what a convention was but it didn't really matter. She had been given instructions and she was going to make use of herself! It was the best way her general felt to get reacquainted with the civilian world.

She was here to learn again, to see what sort of things triggered her memory. Anything that seemed familiar. She didn't understand it, but her heart was racing with all the people around and at first she thought she would be too anxious.

She clenched her fist, her eyes sparkling as she thought of her general who EXUDED confidence and did her best to mimic that! If she was confident, then everything would be alright!

Just to make sure though:

Nuxaz
Text to Penelope: I'm at the convention! I will do my best to learn all the things!

Text to Penelope: Should I get you a gift?

Text to Penelope: Never mind! I'm gonna get you a gift!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 pm
This was the good part of the year: sun, summer, beach, and cool conventions. In celebration, and in part to get to know his new roomie better, Brendan had invited Gwen out to check what was going on at anthemusa. Apparently it had run the year before, while he had been in Coma City, so he was glad to get a second chance at seeing the local scene. He didn't even really know what Argent Industries even did, other than host some cool looking booths and food. That was all that he really needed to know, honestly.

"What're you in the mood for first?" he asked Gwen, hands in pockets, looking more like a beach bum that had lazily tossed on a shirt after hours of surf than anything else. Sunglasses were still perched on his head in fact. "Oo, stuffed animals! But also food. And..." He eyed the MOBA themed stalls and blinked cluelessly. "Video games? That's cool."

xKolina

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 pm
Justine Lawrence

After all the time it took for her to get re-established as a functional member of society, Justine was eager to function. She discovered her pre-installed artistic talent and all the fun opportunities that came with it, and when news of this convention reached her, she happened on yet another opportunity. She was taking graphic design courses at DCU to bolster her artistic repertoire, so maybe, just maybe, she could open a booth featuring her art. And so she did. Just Designs was born, named so because it was indeed Just Designs, but also short for Justine's Designs and Justified Designs, because the Justice puns were always hovering dangerously close to her head.

She had no idea what she was going to do with any extra money she got from this endeavor, but it still seemed like a good time. The booth was mostly for commissions of caricatures and people's characters, but she was offering her graphic design services on the side. People would get rough sketches at the convention, but they'd have to wait till it was over for the full product. It was also a much more expensive service than the regular art. So she sat at her booth, trying not to sniff her Copics (the smell of alcohol markers... it smelled like productivity!) and looking for someone to pull aside for a sample portrait. It'd be like a raffle that no one knew they were even a part of!

Eventually, she thought she saw someone. Maybe. "Excuse me," she called out. "You, over there. Come over here. Please?"

Quote:
If you think you're being called, come up and meet her! (In other words, anyone can come up, haha.)

[WC: 261]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Evren Porter

Evren quietly checked over her booth. Sign up... check. Animal food from her parent's clinic, check. Pamphlets for the clinic, her pet clothes all lined up by size and color, Regi lounging on his pet bed like a prince? Check, check and double check. A box full of kittens under the table that have been awfully quiet for the last couple of minutes.

Evren's mouth slowly flattened out into a straight line as she picked up the tarp of her booth... Oh, nooooo. It seems her box full of kittens have become a box with only one kitten... that was looking up at her doe eyes as if nothing terrible just happened.  

Stump_Fairy

Magical Girl

24,765 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • OTP 200

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 pm
Chase Black

Chase had left Jade over by the panel rooms after ensuring that she was in the care and company of Delilah, Otto, and others who were there to look after her safety. His intention was to circle the various areas of the con, before all the guest began filtering in and things began to look more lively, to ensure that things were running smoothly.

At his side he had his secretary and he kept his strides measured and slower to allow her to keep up with ease.

"Things appear to be going smoothly," he commented, lifting his arm to check the watch beneath the cuff of his button up. "We'll head to the gaming hall next, to see how the beta testing is going." His gaze cut over to the young woman at his side.

frayedflower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

Cathleen Gregory

Cathleen didn't think that she'd end up at a convention with her young daughter, but the advertisements were impossible to avoid, and Abeline liked mobile games and Youtubers and practically begged to go, in case her absolute favorites were there. Cat hadn't done many conventions before, but they mostly seemed like a fair, just for games and nerdy stuff, though she was concerned that maybe it would be too much for her five year old. She held her child's hand, glad for the opportunity to get out of the house and do something fun, she supposed.

In the exhibition hall, where most of the vendors were, Cat noticed a few of them even from a distance - some kind of doll booth, a farmer's market, a tea shop and... a booth with a cat. Abeline would definitely want to see all of these, and probably ask to buy something as well. Perhaps it was a mistake to come to the vendors first, rather than panels. Thankfully, as she passed by, she heard someone calling from an artsy booth.

"Me?" Cat said, before walking up to Just Designs, child in tow. She looked over at the drawings, the markers, the graphic design services. "Hey, oh wow, your art is really good," she said. "But, uh, you called me over?" Her voice pitched a little higher as she inquired.

Sami-Fire
lmk if this is okay <3

[WC: 227]

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:48 pm
Ren Carver

He didn't often go for conventions if it wasn't Star Wars, but Ren's father demanded he come out to this one. Why he couldn't fathom. It wasn't like his father had a hand in any of these businesses or wanted to get his hand in any of these businesses.

Yet apparently the boy had been spending 'too much time' in his room, and his father was insistent he get out and about.

So here he was.

He walked around, navigating around and away from his father with practiced ease. He'd make up some story later, but for now.

The day was his.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm
Adaline Prescott

She was armed with a clipboard and an ear piece so that if she needed to move to a different area or respond to some code she could. Now, that didn't mean that Adaline knew what she was doing or that she was remotely responsible but someone had decided that she'd make good event staff and here she was, participating because, hey, you didn't turn down some $$$ when it was offered.

It wasn't supposed to be a paid position, but the lady she was working for had pulled a string or two especially since she'd been a near almost last minute addition and like, they couldn't turn away someone they'd hired right???

Anyway, she'd been roaming the Exhibition Hall a bit aimlessly until she caught sight of someone who'd piqued her interest. It didn't take her long to zero in and approach the boy.

"Hi!"

a-disgruntled-dragon

Nuxaz

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 pm
Omorose Khan

Omorose was making her way through the convention, checking booths when she heard some pitiful cries. Small mewls from under tables. It was almost surprising she could hear them with all the noise around but.....

"Uh oh! I think I know you two." Two of the kittens she recognized when she had checked in the girl with the booth for cats! She quickly scooped them up, tucking both under hear arms and desperately attempting to not just run off with them.

"Hey excuse me!" The small woman pushed through until she found the booth, racking her brain for the woman's name. "Miss Porter right? I found some of your babies." She held them out and looked over to the box, "Oh snap, did they go missing? Should I alert the rest of staff?" Just so the woman didn't think she was crazy, once the kittens were passed off she flashed her badge. "I'm a gopher and in charge of making sure all the panels run smoothly!"

She had her phone ready to go....

Stump_Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 pm
Mordred Pendragon

Mordred Pendragon was good on capitalizing on her name sometimes. Usually, geeky dudes would badger her about Arthurian facts like she was somehow not actually named after the dude who killed his own father and whatnot like they could be... arthurian gatekeepers or something. Or on the other end, they gushed and asked her how she got her name and whatnot. Both were good people to run into however when she was up to no good. Namely, on today's docket: sneaking into a convention and setting up what technically would be a gambling ring. Granted, an illegal gambling ring but hey, it wasn't like she planned it.

At first, she's made a bet with some scrawny white boy about the outcome of a MOBA match. They another guy came to increase the bet. After, she bet someone else. And then a few others joined in. Soon enough, they were whispering where to take the transactions, she was keeping a tally and total, and sorry Kavinsky, but she was the mafia now.

There was no harm in it as far as Mory was concerned. These grown a** men were fully consenting adults who were slappin down cash on kids (and other grown a** adults) fighting each other on a videogame. Who was she to say no? She was just running this accidental little gambling ring. Flicking her thumb over a few bills she counted out the current situation. If the one main favorite lost, she's net around 40 bucks. If he won, just 10 would go into her pocket.
And okay, it was a tiny gambling ring, but it was now her gambling ring.

Actually....
The phone rang twice before she got sent to voice mail.
"Привет папа, I'm at the conventions for nerds today. You should come down. Just in case something happens. I mean, it might not, but if it does I might need a legal guardian and if I don't we can just hang out. ПОКА!"

Sure, Kavinsky might tell her this was bad and she could get into so much through but really- So far, she'd made a bank of 148 bucks. She planned to get at least 500 by the end of the day.
nuxaz

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 am
Kavinsky

The phone call had gone straight to voicemail because he was busy fixing a window for some nice old lady who'd had a golf ball go through it a few days earlier and he'd helped her with some yard work before and she'd been quick to call him for assistance. It was easy work that paid decent, while still being less than a 'professional'.

After the job was done he'd found that his kid had left a voicemail that he naturally listened to immediately.

There was a groan, a curse of Russian words strung together, and Kavinsky pinched the bridge of his nose to calm himself before he shot a text to Banks.

[Text to Banks: Mory's up to something shady at the con. Meet me there in case we need legal help?]

The message was sent before he sent a text to his daughter.

[Text to Mory: Don't get arrested. OMW]

With that he set off for the convention on foot.

ghouliboo
istoleyurvamps

Past Events Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas