Welcome to Gaia! ::

Air Gear: Kings of Kanto [U/C]

Back to Guilds

With Storm Riding at its most popular height, A civil war is brewing to combat its Gentrification. 

Tags: Air Gear, Roleplay, Semi-literate, Slice of Life, Fandom 

Reply [The Archives] Recycling Bin
[Thunder Dome] Madison Square Garden Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-X Duo Yiro X-

Devoted Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:24 pm

User Image
Madison Square Garden (often called MSG or simply The Garden) is a multi-purpose indoor arena in the New York City borough of Manhattan. Located in Midtown Manhattan between 7th and 8th Avenues from 31st to 33rd Streets, it is situated atop Pennsylvania Station. It is the fourth venue to bear the name "Madison Square Garden". The Garden is used for professional basketball and ice hockey, as well as boxing, concerts, ice shows, circuses, professional wrestling and other forms of sports and entertainment. It is close to other midtown Manhattan landmarks, including the Empire State Building, Koreatown, and Macy's at Herald Square. It is home to the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League, the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:38 am
User ImageUser Image
Theme: Fate of Stars
»Aoihinomoto (Origin of Green Fire)

► In Step: Reverse Turn Stance
Madison Square Garden

Here Kesshin stood, inside the Madison Square Garden air trek arena, the man couldn't help but bare a slight grin on his face as he walk onto the field carrying along with him his air treks. Kesshin sat down and latched them on, "Well well, I don't know what you are doing in Louisiana dear little bro but I'm gonna be here getting in a shít ton of training, can't let you out do me after all." Once Kesshin was done he pulled out a list he got from his adopted pops and stared at it for a moment, his slight grin and upbeat attitude seemingly wisped away. "What was it you said? "In order to stay with the pack, in order to show your serious, learn these moves." I'll show you I'm just as good as anyone in this family." Kesshin began to roll around the stadium a couple of times, before he actually attempted the move he thought it would be better to do the basic of the basics, not fall on his a**, luckily there weren't many people around except a few workers that maintained the building. Kesshin rolled a a steady pace, after feeling comfortable enough he began to speed up a bit around the course. "Alright, alright I think it's coming back to me now, it's been a bit since I started my sophomore semester." Kesshin looked back down at the piece of paper as he looked at the directions of how to actually handle the trick, "Geez don't they have videos on this stuff?" he sighed, he placed his feet in the suggested position pointing his toes inward to make that oh so sweet triangular shape 90 degree to 45 degrees if he was not mistaken along with his heels at an angle as well. Kesshin began to move, he jerked side to side from time to time due the positioning of his skates, "Oh I see..." Kesshin began to regain his balance as he used one trek to propel him forward and the other to swerve from side to side, "Thats step one." Kesshin took a small breath while he got in position, he had been taking it way to slow, so now it was time to take the AP course. Kesshin revved his ATs up before bursting down the AT field, he waited just before it was time to hit the corner and has his left foot pull back while his right pushed forward causing a tight turn to the left, but he came around to fast! Kesshin spun out of control and tumbled off the field and on the ground. "Tsk..." Kesshin laid there for a moment, "Well maybe I better stick to honors courses for now..." Kesshin said laughing at himself, "Okay lets try it again this time I'll turn sooner." Kesshin revved his air treks yet again before taking off, this time he got his feet in position while moving as he was halfway toward the turn of the track. Closer and closer he came, "Not yet... not yet..." Kesshin saw it, he did the exact same this sooner at the turn, this time he slowed his motion down as he shifted his left foot back and his right foot forward, pulling his body across the left turn of the track, "Hell yeah!" Kesshin said as he performed the trick again at the next corner. Kesshin even turned his body 180 degrees to make sure he could execute the trick on the opposite side, the end result? He could.

► Moon Walk
Madison Square Garden

Kesshin rolled over to the bench and crossed the first trick off his list "In Step Reverse Turn Stance... check. Wow that was a mouth full but not to bad for my first trick and all, I definitely have it locked in." Kesshin's finger went down the line of tricks on his list, his face contorted as he read what a few of them could do, "Maybe I ought to start with this one next... this seems like a simple one, hell the In Step: Reverse Turn Stance could go hand in hand with this one." Kesshin's finger pointed at the Moon Walk trick. Kesshin scratch his head with a dumbfounded look on his face, it was so simple and yet complex at the same time that their weren't really any steps to it, he supposed he was just to go right into it? "Hmm, well I guess I should get to it." Kesshin placed the paper back in his jacket pocket and rolled back onto the Madison Square Garden air trek course. "Lets at least try to break this down to the basics of basics" Kesshin spread his legs apart a big before focusing his center of gravity that made him take a squatting position. Kesshin leaned forward a bit and he nearly fell, "Whoa, got to focus, I nearly ended up on my nose there." Kesshin straightened his back up a bit though he was still in the squatting position, almost as if he was sitting in a chair. "Okay, you have to walk before you ride right? So... lets do that first." Kesshin took small steps backwards as he his his hands tucked but still out in front of him to help him keep balance. Once he started getting the hang of walking backwards in air treks he began to slowly taking medium steps before taking larger back strides, "Okay, okay, I got it." Kesshin began to wheel in reverse, slowly. He pulled near the corner and guided himself turning at the corner of the track, Kesshin looked back to make sure he wasn't running himself off the track or something, Kesshin smiled slightly, "Time to pick up speed, lets do it." Kesshin knew confidence was everything even for something so little as riding in reverse. Kesshin began to pick up decent amount of speed in reverse, though he had to constantly look back to make sure he maintained balance, direction and coolness while taking yet another turn completing a full lap. "Did a couple reverse laps... Okay lets add it all together and see what I got!" Kesshin's wheels grinded against the floor of the course bringing up a bit of smoke as Kesshin flew backward using a bit of what he learned from the In Step Reverse Turn Stance technique Kesshin was able to swerve from left to right a bit as he look back constantly, after all he did have eyes in the back of his head he came upon the turn he smiled, "In Step: Reverse Turn Stance!" Kesshin shifted his right foot back and his left foot forward spinning his body to the right, "And again! Double In Step: Reverse Turn Stance!" he performed two spins this time before finally returning back to riding in reverse.

► Super Stride IV Sonic Boom
Madison Square Garden

"So the next one I care to learn on this list is... you." Kesshin pointed at the move called Super Stride IV Sonic Boom. Kesshin read the description of the trick and it honestly sounded like it could be useful at his level of riding, "Bottles and or cans huh? I'm in Madison Square Garden, I don't need those when I got..." Kesshin rode around looking for the specific items he needed in the equipment room, "Small cones!" Kesshin laughed, he set up the "obstacle" course. "Well there isn't much to this one, I just need to dodge the cones quick enough right?" Kesshin began to limber up a bit, stretching his legs and what not in a cocky fashion, "It is sad that I kinda only feel confident when I am not around Nova and Daisuke." Kesshin admitted, in all honesty he wanted to learn these tricks to impress them show Daisuke he wasn't a charity case and that he could contribute to what Daisuke made widely more popular in the Americas. Kesshin wheels turned rapidly as it seared a bit of the ground before he shot off. He started a bit a ways away from the cone formation to help him time the first cone properly, "I don't really need to take it slow on this one, I just need to accurately time the movement of my lower body and zig zag around them." Kesshin came up on the first cone and his feet instinctively jerked to right side of the cone, the following cone came in fast and Kesshin had no time for his foot formation to get complacent, his feet then relocated to the left side of the second small cone, but by the time Kesshin tried to have his feet make a break for the right side of the third cone it was already too late, his feet knocked the third cone over. Getting distracted by his failure Kesshin lost his balance transitioning to left side of the third cone and to a tumble on the floor knocking over the other four cones as well. He laid on his face for a moment before rolling on his back while breathing heavily, "Damn it." Kesshin took a moment to examine the only two cones he didn't knock over, he stared intensely, "Maybe if I..." Kesshin got up and collected the scattered cones he knocked over he rest them again this time placing them wider apart from each other, this time he broke down the trick differently, "If I give myself more of an opening to zig zag around them I can get the basic idea and I'm sure I can adapt my speed to them as I practice." Kesshin tried again going at the same fast speed he was before watching the course, the cones closely. His eyes widened when it was time for him to begin, again shifting his lower body to the right side, then to the left passing the first and second cones with ease, reaching the third cone again he slide to the right this time getting past that cone with ease following a zig zag motion for the rest of the cones before using the In Step Reverse Turn Stance to come to a full 180 and skate in reverse admiring his handwork. Kesshin practiced a couple more times each time bringing the cones closer and closer together so he could insure that had the trick down and learned.

► Amazing Forward Special
Madison Square Garden

Kesshin crossed the Super Stride IV Sonic Boom trick off the list. Kesshin had not noticed yet but another rider had came in for some practice of their own. "Hmmm I guess I'll try the Amazing Forward Special next, but it seems I may need assistance with it." Kesshin sighed the thought of having to need someone so he could focus target them was annoying but it had to be done. Kesshin thought he would have to look far for that person but it seemed he didn't, a person on the track already was clearing out the cones he had set up. "Luck must be on my side today." Kesshin rolled over to the rider, "Hey! You mind lending me a hand learning this trick? I'm really trying to get these tricks down and I have a lot to get through it wont take to long maybe about 30 minutes tops." Kesshin gave an uncomfortable smile and the rider couldn't help but agree, "Awesome thanks, all I need you to do is ride around the track and I follow you, feel free to try and lose me or pretend I'm not there." The rider just shrugged, nodded, and took their position on the track. Kesshin did also, he slapped his cheeks and nodded at the rider, "Trick four... Here we go!" The rider started their air treks and hit it, Kesshin followed at first Kesshin stayed behind the random rider, the rider wasn't doing much for now except riding around the track. Kesshin watched the rider's moves as he rode, the rider began to sway side to side, Kesshin did so as well but they weren't all the way in sync. However, Kesshin eye's began to notice when the rider began to move their body actually moved a specific type of way depending on what the rider was doing, whether it was turning, swaying or curving, but this wasn't to say Kesshin was all seeing or anything it was more of an educated guess to know which direction to head in to stay aligned with the rider. Kesshin was getting the hang of it so he decided to stop and call the other rider over, "Hey do have anything I can like... I don't know, throw to you? Maybe like a frisbee or something?" The rider told Kesshin to check the equipment room and sure enough there they were. "Catch." Kesshin tossed a frisbee at the right with a small grin, "Lets spice this training up a bit." Kesshin had the rider restart from the beginning position, again he would follow the rider but this time they would also be tossing frisbees back and for with each other, Another application of the trick was to be able to stay aligned with the rider to be able to adequately aim at the opponent so a game of air trek frisbee was perfect. The rider started their engine and went on the move, Kesshin immediately followed keep a mid-ranged distance. Again the other rider transitioned from left to right, Kesshin followed perfectly this time, "Heads up!" Kesshin tossed one frisbee at the rider who to a quick glance, caught it, and tossed it back. Kesshin nodded feeling as though he basically got the trick down, he was even able to align his shot at the other rider while they were hitting the turns on the track. Kesshin continued to practice toss the two frisbees in his hand at the other rider back and forth, back and forth until he felt he had it down for sure.

► Upper Soul 23 Roll
Madison Square Garden

Kesshin read the next trick he wanted to learn on the list, "Upper Soul 23 Roll huh?" Kesshin looked at the large pole which was perfect for trying to do the trick. His face contorted at the sight of it, how was he supposed to do this exactly? He couldn't just roll up on the pole but he didn't know much else to do. Kesshin grabbed onto the pole, "Uh... um..." Kesshin tried to place his air treks on the pole and ride on it but he couldn't get a grip on it. Kesshin continued to try for a couple of minutes but to no avail, he had to take some time to relax because he was getting majorly frustrated. "Deep breath... deep breath." Kesshin rolled back to the pole, grabbed the pole with both hands, in one simultaneous motion Kesshin jump on the pole while his treks' wheels were going, and for a moment Kesshin scooted up the pole for a good few seconds but his air treks couldn't exactly keep the grip on the pole the way he was riding on it. His feet slipped and he began to descend back to the ground. Kesshin's back now meeting the ground he sighed laying there for a good second, "Wow... who knew a simple sounding trick could be so complicated..." Kesshin sat up with a disheartened look on his face, "There has to be an easier was to do this." Kesshin put his treks on the pole and revved the mini engine again, instead of going up directly though his foot slanted in an upward diagonal position. After a few second off staring at the pole it finally click, "Thats it!" Kesshin hopped up and rolled in reverse bringing him a good distance away from the pole. He advanced forward at a heightened speed and too a leap at the as he approached the pole. Extending his left hand out he grabbed the pole as he placed his treks in that same upward diagonal position he had before and there he went! He was doing it! "A spiraling upward motion! Why the hell didn't I think of this before? It's like a tether ball going around a pull. Or a stripper in reverse!" Kesshin laughed, he really felt like he was flying, with this trick he could sore through the sky. This was great and all but... "How the heck do I get down?" Kesshin mumbled as he was stuck on at the top of the flagpole. He assumed this trick was strictly for gaining air and getting to hard to reach or high places but for this training exercise he was just kinda stuck. Kesshin had no choice but to slowly scooch down the pole, falling from this height was a carrier-ender, or a life-ender; luckily no one was around to see him or he would have been majorly embarrassed. Once he got down to the ground he would cross this trick off the list, he was half way done with his trick learning and on his way to becoming a professional storm rider and being acknowledged by his adopted father.

[ACCL: 6] [STR: 7] [STM: 4] [JMP: 3] [AIR: 5 secs]
Beryl Conflagration: [DMG: 0%] [SPD: 0] [STR: 0] [STM: 0] [JMP: 0]

CURRENT-WORD-COUNT: 2829 || TOTAL-WORD-COUNT: 2829

Equipment

Mother's Lighter: A green zippo lighter with a gold skull and flame design on it. Kesshin was told it was from his mom's more... rebellious days, now he knew what she meant.

Knuckle Duster Knives: Two trench knives worn like brass knuckles, wearing the blades above the knuckles with a zigzag-shape for each knuckle, giving each blade "teeth". Though the bladed parts are rarely used by Kesshin, the weapons are just enough to dish out nasty blunt damage and maybe even nick the skin. These are kept on an inside strap in Kesshin jacket at all times.

Year 20XX Custom Phone: A custom made cellphone, with a green outer layer and gold button scheme. One of the last few luxuries Kesshin got to have. A going away present from his adopted parents so they could keep in touch. Has all the functionalities of any cellphone and more.

Wallet ($50): A chain wallet with the same color scheme and design as Kesshin's mom's lighter. He felt he might as well since these both would never leave his sight. Somehow he feels it brings him closer together with his mom.

Quotes

Hero Kesshin

Hilarious Gaian

Hero Kesshin

Hilarious Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
Theme: Fate of Stars
»Aoihinomoto (Origin of Green Fire)

► Digger Wasp Lock
Madison Square Garden

The rider that help him learn the Amazing Forward Special trick sat in the nearby stands giggling at Kesshin, Kesshin didn't need to ask why, "Was that rider still here the whole time...?" Kesshin massaged his temples at the ensuing embarrassment but then he stopped realizing that this may be a great opportunity to learn his next trick. Kesshin gave the rider a second to wipe away the tears of joy, "Hey hey hey I think you've got enough laughs at my expense. A guy is trying to train, learn a few tricks." Kesshin rolled over to the stands, "How about you give me another hand if you don't mind, this time a need a practice dummy though this may hurt a bit if you don't mind." The rider reluctantly agree to help again. Before the rider got up Kesshin stopped them, "Whoa whoa whoa, not yet I'll get you when it's time, just sit there keep laughing, look pretty okay?" The rider shrugged as Kesshin rode inside the equipment room. As he rolled through he came across a flexible standing dummy, it was perfect to practice throwing blows with. Kesshin road around the dummy, his foot placement was balanced, not to wide and not to narrow, and still good enough to where he could shift directions freely while still being able to reach the dummy with both fists when he throwing hands. He had a basic boxing stance and threw punches accordingly as he rolled around the target. Kesshin then began to perform drive by punches and disorienting shoulder tackles at his top speed. He was already used to going at his top speed and spinning, he grasped the hang of it when he was learning how to ride in reverse but for the sake of training Kesshin practiced it anyway. After running into a couple of walls and such Kesshin was ready to test it out on the rider, of course he wouldn't be so brutal as to harm the rider of course but he brought out some padding equipment for them just in case. Kesshin changed the layout of the field with the press of a button until it was the layout that he desired a narrow ramp like track. "Here, this trick is going to cause me to get a little physical, like punching physical, but of course I will hold back and use open palms and slaps, nothing to bad." The other rider looked a confused but nevertheless put the equipment on anyway, "You know the deal, just ride around the track, try to avoid me as much as possible this is a chase after all." Kesshin smiled letting the other rider get a head start before pursuing him but the gap in distance didn't last long. Kesshin used his Amazing Forward Special trick to align himself with his prey; he began to spin rapidly like a tasmanian devil ready to rip up his prey. Kesshin began to slap the riders arm as the rider tried to keep his balance, Kesshin capitalized by grabbing the rider and spinning him as he began to roll out the open palm punches, when the rider's speed began to decrease Kesshin began to lock the rider down lightly before stopping, "Did I hurt you?" Kesshin brought the rider back off the track to the bench. "Thanks for the help man, sorry about the... ya know." The rider managed to strength to put a thumb up, Kesshin would let them rest.

► Spinning Wallride Overbank 1800
Madison Square Garden

Kesshin thought he may have overdid it with the rider over there, luckily he didn't think he would need another partner for the last of these tricks on the list. Speaking of which Kesshin pulled it out to choose the next one he would be learning, "Spinning Wallride Overbank 1800? Damn thats a mouth full." Kesshin read the directions of execution on the paper, it was already apparent that he'd need to change the practice track again, something with a lot more elevation since he would be riding a wall. Kesshin went over to the control module and fiddled around with it until the practice track shifted and morph, revealing platforms, paths, and ramps that rose several feet in the air, "Thats more like it." Kesshin surveyed the new track, it was certainly tall though he would not be riding on the top of it, more like on the side of it. There was a nice high straightway that was perfect for wall riding, of course Kesshin needed to provide precautions of trying to ride a wall. He found a suitable safety net and set it up in the section he would be trying this trick in; in this time Kesshin already broke down the tick into the necessary steps and the prerequisite tricks he might have needed to use, one for sure being the fundamental In Step: Reverse Turn Stance for the spinning on the wall. Kesshin looked at all the preparations he did to learn the trick before realizing he had not attempted to try and ride on a wall for quite some time, "Gotta walk before you run right? Might as well try a straight run first before I kill myself trying to do insane spinning wall rides." Kesshin backed up a bit so he could gain some speed and began. He bolted straight ahead before he pulled away curving from the right side of the wall and heading for it, he jumped onto the wall and let his air treks do the work after that pushing them up to maximum speed. Kesshin rode the wall for as long as he could and at the first sign of faltering he pushed off the wall landing in the safety of the safety net. Kesshin practiced this a couple of times until he was certain he knew that he could ride a wall without slipping and falling. The next step was to ride the wall in a direction that wasn't straight up, in other words, Kesshin planned to ride the wall diagonally, "After I get the hang of a straight diagonal wall ride I'll put it all together with the Reverse Turn Stance and that should make it easier to learn this trick." And so that is what Kesshin did. He did the same process he did to ride the wall the first time only this time he shifted directions so he was going more horizontal than vertical, he was sort of a rising slope. At first he slipped and fell, forcing his body to align in the direction of the safety net before he could not control the direction of his impact, but as he continued to practice he got the hang of riding the wall diagonally. Now it was time to put it all together, Kesshin's ATs scorched the floor as he immediately hit maximum speed, he went through his process to ride the wall, but this time instead of turning he went right into it, hopping on the wall he waited till he stabilized then he began to shift his ATs pulling his right foot back and his left foot forward though not to much as to not spin so abruptly, "Trick seven, Spinning Wallride Overbank 1800!" Kesshin performed the trick using the momentum to take him all the up the side of the wall to the actual top of the air trek course, he flew in the air and could see most of the stadium from the height before landing at the top and coming to a quick curved halt, "Okay lets try that again, practice makes perfect, or damn near close to it." Kesshin continued to practice again until he felt he could do this trick in his sleep, after all if he messed this trick up, it may have been his last.

► Spiral Spin Wallride 999 Sidewinder
Madison Square Garden

After taking a short break Kesshin looked at the list again, "The number of tricks are winding down..." he thought to himself, his next objective was to learn the one up from the previous trick he just learned, which was the Spiral Spin Wallride 999. Kesshin had not changed anything on the track so it was still the ideal course in which to use for the learning of this trick, the only problem was that the safety net he had been using was in the way, he would have to remove it. Kesshin was confident enough that he knew the foundation of wall riding and the technique Spinning Wallride Overbank 1800 enough that he would not get himself killed if he went without the safety net, "I'll just have to practice on solid ground for now." Kesshin went and removed the safety net from the field, he also went and found that training dummy he practiced on before and brought it to the center of the area he was training in. Now that everything was set Kesshin wasted no time in getting to the training, he started off again throwing hands at the dummy, his form top notch, he began to add not just punches but kicks as well using the full functionality of his body trying to make sure he couldn't leave himself open. The balancing was a bit different when utilizing kicks while riding on ATs but not so much so that Kesshin needed to focus to much on it. The next part Kesshin worked on was keeping focus on his target; as he began to use Spinning Wallride Overbank 1800 on the ground he made sure to keep his eye on the dummy as he spun and zig zagged around it to and fro. Kesshin also practiced while spinning around; an assortment of wide swings, strait punches, and horizontal kicks in order to make them precise while spinning. Kesshin needed to make sure he knew where he could shift his wait and exert as much force as possible into his punches and kicks without being thrown off balance. Kesshin rode, or rather spun around transitioning from the the ground to the wall, from the wall to the ground sporadically, "Wahoo! this is cool, I'm not even getting dizzy!" While Kesshin was having his fun he caught focus of the training dummy, "Lets see what I can do!" Kesshin began rushing toward the dummy in the sporadic spiraling motion with an incoming right hook to face, it was so fast that he barely had time to retract his arm. Kesshin back around barely having to arch around before he came with an elbow to the midsection of the dummy, for his final strike he whirled up the wall and kicked off bringing a savage kick to the dummy's right shoulder; though it was true he was perfecting the move he was not going for any type of killing blows even if a dummy would be perfect to practice that sort of thing on. Kesshin came to a stop, he took a quick break, "Spinning nonstop really takes it out of you... thats definitely a trick I am going to have to work on." Kesshin wiped the sweat from his brow, gave it a couple more minutes and he was back at it again. He had the trick down, now it was a matter of mastery.

► Roof Gap To Disaster One Foot "Air Line"
Madison Square Garden

Kesshin was nearing the end of his trick pass training "Just two more tricks and I'll be done." Kesshin yawn, all this training was getting tired but he couldn't stop now. "Lets see... the next trick on this list is Roof Gap To Disaster One Foot "Air Line". I guess that means I better change up the field a bit." This trick require grinding on a power line, but the method was still the same as grounding on any type of metal wires, luckily the thunder domes were equipped with everything a storm rider needed for basically every type of trick riding situation, the Requiem Company made sure of that. Kesshin changed the field bringing up a rail grinding course, it even had platforms where you could attach ropes from one part to another, which he would use to attach the wires for his training, he also reduced the height of the air trek course, "I don't need it too high yet and I don't feel like trying to kill myself falling into a safety net just yet either." Kesshin made the necessary preparations on the course attaching the wires to them, there were three consecutive rows of wires about 50 feet in length. Kesshin fastened his air treks, "Lets get grinding." Kesshin's methodology for learning tricks was a simple one if no one had already notices, he started of small then got big as he progressed in skill, it may not have been the fastest, adept, or the flashiest way to learn but it got the job done. "This should be simple after everything I learned while I was here." Kesshin got a riding start, dashing toward the railing he jumped, his feet landed slanted on the railing while the wheels of his air treks were in between them still being able to propel him forward. Kesshin hopped off half way through the grinding though, "That was too slow." Kesshin rolled back into the starting position, "I'll crank up the speed when I secure my footing on the rail." Kesshin rode into action again this time going faster, he hit the jump and secured the grinding position, immediately he revved his treks and shot on the rail like a bullet, when he reached the end of the railing he jumped off and nailed the landing. Kesshin nodded before turning around and trying again, this time though he challenged himself, when he took off in the air he did a 180 degree turn and grinded the rail backwards putting his wheels in reverse when he his feet were secured on the railing. "Okay now it's time to try the wire." Kesshin made sure that the wires were loose but not to loose as most wires around the city hung, "Hmmm." the rider who he mistakenly might have beat up was finally beginning to come too. A grin appeared on Kesshin's face, "Hey buddy you awake? Do me a favor and hit that button I need you to raise these platforms high." the rider shrugged and did as Kesshin asked. Still having that cocky grin on his face Kesshin began to ride, the smoke from his ATs making it evident that he was going at a high speed. Kesshin leaped into the air, his target the center wire. Kesshin knew that grinding a wire wasn't like grinding a rail, it was like walking a tight rope, but he didn't care, he knew he could do it. He quickly positioned his feet like he was about walk a tight rope but he slanted them to right a bit, when he landed he bent his knees slightly as well without stopping his wheels, he was in constant motion. Kesshin was doing it, he hopped from one wire to another, they were fairly stable for wires so it was easy to keep his balance, he topped it off by jumping lightly and nimbly shifting his body midair 180 degrees all while moving his wheels in reverse, thats right Kesshin was indeed grinding in reverse. Kesshin reached to the end and came to a complete stop.

► Air Method to Spin That Grab Moonride
Madison Square Garden

You could sat Kesshin was hot, that he was on fire, "Hey you can lower me down now." The other rider's jaw was dropped in aw, they could hardly believe their eyes. Kesshin was finally lowered, while he was lowered he knew the final trick he needed to learn and it was a surprisingly simple one at that, "Air Method to Spin That Grab Moonride" Kesshin was ready to get to it, "Thanks, for all the help." Kesshin said to the other rider patting them on the shoulder. His time here was almost up so he began to clean up before learning this last trick putting away all the materials he used like the safety net, training dummy, and the metal wire. Finally he customized the course into a more simplistic setting, a course with two ramps, one on one side of the course and the other on the opposite side, there were a few half pike ramps and such, as well but Kesshin would probably be utilizing the two main ramps. "Seems this trick is comprised of an assortment of acrobatic aerial flips and junk..." Kesshin would start by doing each individual component that comprised the showy trick. Kesshin looked at the distance between the ramps, "This is gonna be tight isn't it..." Kesshin sighed, it didn't matter though it wasn't going to stop him. Kesshin bolted toward the ramp, "Lets start with a front flip" he began with a diagonal jump executing the from flip by barely reaching the other side of the ramp, "That was kind of cutting it..." Kesshin turned around to perform the next acrobatic stunt, "Maybe I jumped to early." Kesshin revved his tiny AT engine and he was off yet again, "Next, the 360 degree corkscrew!" Kesshin waited until the very last second to jump, his body arched as he went feet and arms exerted the power to have his body spin. Again he barely made it this time he almost lost his balance, something wasn't right but nevertheless he would press on. This time Kesshin didn't focus on doing much of any fancy aerobatic trick he just wanted to focus on making it to the ramp without it being by the skin of his teeth. Kesshin tried again, he revved his wheels as fast as he could and shot for the ramp taking off like a plane, this time he merely started off with a side flip extending into a split when he reached the maximum air he could, then transforming that into a back flip and landing in a backwards direction. Kesshin did it, he made it, "Alright... lets put it all together!" Kesshin took a relaxing breath, the wheels burned with Kesshin's passion, his desire. Kesshin's dashed forward to the ramp his wheels smoking, he pushed off the ramp like a rocket, beginning with the attempt of the front flip, about a quarter into the flip Kesshin went into the 360 corkscrew. At the part where he got the most air Kesshin executed the inverted split, descending into the black flip landing in reverse. At the end of the day Kesshin nailed, "Trick 10, the final trick learned." Kesshin smiled, he had completed his training, "Whew that was intense, thanks again for helping me out." Kesshin took off his ATs he was done here.

[ACCL: 6] [STR: 7] [STM: 4] [JMP: 3] [AIR: 5 secs]
Beryl Conflagration: [DMG: 0%] [SPD: 0] [STR: 0] [STM: 0] [JMP: 0]

CURRENT-WORD-COUNT: 3102 || TOTAL-WORD-COUNT: 5931

Equipment

Mother's Lighter: A green zippo lighter with a gold skull and flame design on it. Kesshin was told it was from his mom's more... rebellious days, now he knew what she meant.

Knuckle Duster Knives: Two trench knives worn like brass knuckles, wearing the blades above the knuckles with a zigzag-shape for each knuckle, giving each blade "teeth". Though the bladed parts are rarely used by Kesshin, the weapons are just enough to dish out nasty blunt damage and maybe even nick the skin. These are kept on an inside strap in Kesshin jacket at all times.

Year 20XX Custom Phone: A custom made cellphone, with a green outer layer and gold button scheme. One of the last few luxuries Kesshin got to have. A going away present from his adopted parents so they could keep in touch. Has all the functionalities of any cellphone and more.

Wallet ($50): A chain wallet with the same color scheme and design as Kesshin's mom's lighter. He felt he might as well since these both would never leave his sight. Somehow he feels it brings him closer together with his mom.

Quotes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:30 am
User Image
Abel Maxwell

| R.E.A.D. - 20 | Acceleration - 8 | Strength - 5 | Stamina - 4 | Jump - 3 | Air Time - 3.5s |
| Rank - F | Road - Flame | Wear - 0% |Team - N/A | USD - 50$ |

Abel hadn't been using his Air Treks for the longest of times. He was still a complete newbie when it came to them, but his skills had improved enough as to where he could at least move around without falling. In some ways, it was the same as ice skating, but in other ways, it was completely different. Balance was fairly easy to figure out, but the fact that he didn't need to move his legs as much to propel himself forward was different. Now that he was used to them, it felt like Abel was ready to learn a trick or two. His cellphone was in his hand as he entered the MSG Air Trek arena. He had been watching vidoes of some basic tricks that seemed like they'd be worth learning at his rank. Though, he came to a stop after entering the arena as he looked up toward the roof, before his eyes looked around at the stands. This was a place that he had only seen on tv before, but his father had always told him about what it was like to play there. A slight grin crossed his lips as it really did feel more impressive in real life. This really was the best place to begin learning his first tricks. Abel's attention turned back toward his phone, before he continued in further and onto the field. It didn't take him long until he found a bench where he could put his things and prepare for a bit of training. He took a seat on the bench, before putting his AT's on. Instead of getting up right away, he looked toward the track that was set up with lots of turns and straightaways. It was the way he wanted it, so he let his eyes close and was doing his best to visualize before he attempted anything. After a few moments, he opened them again and got up onto his feet. "Lets get started." Abel spoke to himself, before taking one final review of the first trick. In Step: Reverse Turn Stance.

Trick pass: In Step: Reverse Turn Stance
Madison Square Garden
415/200

With that done, he just needed to actually complete the trick. He rolled forward at a comfortable pace, it wasn't as though he hadn't tried going fast right off the bat. He just didn't want to fall over before even trying to trick. Abel took a few warm up laps on the simplistic track until he was ready to give it a try. Eventually, he moved his feet into the 90 degree to 45 degree angle by pointing his toes inward. Abel also made sure to make an angle with his heels too, this much was easy enough and he could kind of feel what the trick would allow him to do. He was able to move himself forward and made a few quick turns to the left and then the right, using the track effectively. With his natural balance, this part was easy at the slow speed he was travelling. Having things under control, he decided to rev his AT's propelling him forward at a faster pace. Things were going well, until he saw the corner fast approaching. Abel attempted to turn to the left, by taking a short and sharp turn. This didn't go exactly as he planned as his own skates clipped each other. Quickly, he tripped and fell flat on his face as he skidded to a stop. He stayed there for a moment, before rolling over onto his back and holding his face in pain. "Ouch!" Abel had been in pain before, so this really was nothing, but it did hurt that he couldn't get it on his first try. "Alright, one more time." He said, before getting back up to his feet and balling his hand into a fist. This time, for sure, he could feel it. Abel got right back at it as he rolled around at the faster speed again. If he couldn't do this with some speed involved, then what was the point? With that in mind, he pointed his toes inward again and did a few smaller turns from side to side. He was getting the hang of it and this time, he headed for the same corner. This time, he did a bit wider of a turn and this time, Abel easily managed to round it. Controlling the movement of this trick became easier and easier as he circled the track a few more times, doing the same thing all the way around. This one was done and he'd never forget it.

Trick pass: Moon Walk
Madison Square Garden
248/200

Abel had made his way back to the bench and took a look at the next one that he had planned on attempting. It seemed simple enough, the Moon Walk. Skating backwards was something he was familiar with, but with AT's it did seem like a trick that would be much easier for him. This one he was confident with and decided to just go for it with a bit more speed than the first one. His Air Treks revved to life as he got back out on the track and made sure to get his balance, before he started the trick. As he approached a corner, he used the slight slope to help him spin around to begin moving in reverse. It was pretty similar to moving forward with his AT's, but he had to shift his weight back instead of to the front. His speed dropped a bit as he rolled backward, for now, he was looking back behind him a lot. Abel wanted to get this over with on the first try, so he was a little more careful. This was actually kind of fun, circling the track backwards really started to show him the versatility of riding Air Treks instead of other forms of skating. This trick was a lot easier for him to learn and he felt quite comfortable riding forward and backward now. At this point, he couldn't help, but smile as this really was something that he could get good at.

Tricks Used

Inventory

→Wallet
► $50 USD's, ID, Passport, etc.

→Multinational Technology Company Brand Cell Phone
► READ EnabledThe latest cellphone from a well known multinational corporation. A pair of earphones is always connected to the cell phone, despite companies wanting to take earphone jacks out of their phone.

→Small Pocket Knife
► Just in case.

→Black Messenger Bag
► An over the shoulder bag that carries everything he needs when out and about.

Word Tracker

• [url here]
• [url here]
Total Word Count - 1029

Nobody Yet

Nobody Yet

Nobody Yet

Crush Crush

Demonic Businessman

18,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Crush Crush

Demonic Businessman

18,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:41 am
User Image
Abel Maxwell

| R.E.A.D. - 20 | Acceleration - 8 | Strength - 5 | Stamina - 4 | Jump - 3 | Air Time - 3.5s |

After finishing the first two tricks, Abel had gone back to the bench and sat back down. He had only thought of learning two, but after figuring them out, it seemed like it might be a good idea to learn a few more. He was on a roll, so he found himself searching on his phone for new tricks. It didn't take that long to find some that seemed easy enough for a beginner like himself. "Super Stride IV Sonic Boom, should be easy enough. Done that kind of movement too many times." Abel said the last part with a bit of a chuckle, before noticing the next trick looking a lot more difficult. He was athletic, but was he good enough to try Air Method to Spin That Grab Moonride? The name alone was hard enough to get down, but it was worth a shot. Once again, he put his phone away into his bag and looked around the Air Trek arena. There seemed to be a good sized ramp in the middle of the track. Now, he just needed something to act as the cans or bottles suggested. Abel spotted the equipment room and knew he was set. There had to be cones in their somewhere. With his mind made up, he pushed himself back off the bench and onto his AT's. He rolled over toward the equipment room and managed to find a set of small cones. It didn't take too long to set them up in a straight line.

Trick pass: Super Stride IV Sonic Boom
Madison Square Garden
268/200

Abel put them a fair distance apart, knowing that it was better to get the rhythm of the traick down, before pushing the limits. He skated back over to the start and gave himself a good run up to the cones.The video appeared to show them doing the trick at top speed, for now, it took a little bit of time to get to top speed. Abel took a deep breath and looked toward the cones, before revving up his Air Trek's and accelerating as quickly as he could. The distance was perfect as he hit top speed just as he made the first move. He suddenly swerved to the left of the cone, before veering back to the right. His moves were sharp and precise, clearly showing that this movement wasn't foreign to him. Moving at top speed, Abel easily zigzagged around the remaining cones, but it was only so easy cause of the larger gaps. "I can do better." He said, while rolling back to the start, adjusting the cone distance to make it a challenge. Once he reset, he did the same process, revving his AT's and go full throttle toward the cones. Abel reached full speed as he reached the first cone, always the easy one. He knew he needed to make ankle breaking sharp movements, so that's just what he did. Abel zigzagged in and out of the cones, making the ridiculous tight feet transitions until he raced past the final cone. He glanced back toward the cones, seeing that none of them had moved as his At's slowed. Another trick conquered.

Trick pass: Air Method to Spin That Grab Moonride
Madison Square Garden
327/200

Abel felt like moving on to the next trick right away, though, he knew he had to take it slower. Going all out for the more complex trick seemed like a great way to get himself injured. First up was learning the corkscrew part and seeing just how much air he could get. He took his time to get into proper postion as his eyes watched the ramp closely, like it might suddenly jump out of the way. Just like before, he gunned it, accelerating as fast as he could muster as he sped toward the ramp. Abel kind of figured he needed to leave the ramp at top speed to even complete this trick. As he left the ramp at a diagonal trajectory, he tilted forward and to the side shortly after getting air. Abel was able to contort and turn his body while in an arcing path as he preformed a corkscrew, landing with his back away from the end of the ramp. Slowly, he slid to a stop as he was pleased that he could at least do a corkscrew. "Now for the hard part." Abel said with a nod, before deciding to do a practice lap and then just go for the trick, like if it were an actual race or something. After rolling around the track again, he already had some speed, but revved his Air Treks as much as he could. Abel flew toward the ramp at top speed and once again, he left the ramp at a diagonal, getting air and contorting his body. The corkscrew went perfectly again, but this time he added in the next step. As his frame was horizontal, he did the inverted splits wit his legs as his body turned as Abel prepared for the landing. His back was facing the intended landing spot as he stabilised himself and stuck the landing. Abel did a bit of backwards riding, before skidding to a stop.

Tricks Used

Inventory

→Wallet

► READ EnabledThe latest cellphone from a well known multinational corporation. A pair of earphones is always connected to the cell phone, despite companies wanting to take earphone jacks out of their phone.

→Small Pocket Knife
► Just in case.

→Black Messenger Bag

Word Tracker

• [url here]
Total Word Count - 1897

Nobody Yet

Nobody Yet

Nobody Yet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:02 am
User Image
Abel Maxwell

Abel felt as though he'd remember the tricks better if he didn't learn more for the time being. He didn't want to leave Madison Square Garden yet, so he made sure to try out the new tricks a few more times. This would make sure he'd be able to use them in future situations without hesitation. Riding Air Treks was always quite dangerous, so he didn't want to be his own worst enemy and injure himself doing a trick. It made sense to him that he'd look up the next tricks, but not to worry about learning them for the time being. Abel truly wanted to make New York his home, so at this point, he wasn't in a rush. Despite that thinking, what he had learned today was fun and interesting, though he'd never really learn anything if he didn't meet other Storm Riders or Professional Riders. Anyone for that matter seemed like a good start. Abel chuckled to himself about that thought as he put the small cones back into the equipment room. With the clean up done, he rolled back over to the bench casually.

It was time to head back out into the streets, maybe do a little bit more sightseeing. There were still a lot of places he needed to get acquainted with, before he could even come close to making it his home. He was in college, so at least he had a place to sleep, but Abel really didn't feel too exhausted for more exploration. Abel put his bag back over his shoulder and his phone into his pocket. As he rode over to the exit, he put his hoodie up and decided to keep his AT's on. It was probably alright if he didn't cause any kind of disturbance while wearing them on the streets. He was pretty new at this after all, so knowing if things were alright would be a learning experience.

[Exit]

Tricks Used

Inventory

→Wallet

→Small Pocket Knife
► Just in case.

→Black Messenger Bag

Word Tracker

Total Word Count - 2219

Nobody Yet

Nobody Yet

Nobody Yet

Crush Crush

Demonic Businessman

18,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~Ruka Daisetsu~

Upon the subway arriving in Manhattan, she would make sue she had everything to exit the train. She was excited to be doing something besides sitting in the apartment mopping. Getting above ground, they would have to walk few blocks before reaching the arena. "You know I haven't been in New York long, but I've been around. This is the heart of New York. I've never been here, but it's not all its cracked up to the in the daylight." Looking at the arena, she sighed. "Let's get our tickets and go in I suppose."

It's fun being a daddy's girl. I get anything I want!!!

OOC:

Asbloodrunscold

Rising Road Stats

Read [92] [112]
Acceleration: 35 [45]
Strength : 20[30]
Stamina: 17
Jump: 20
Air Time: 20 secs. [25 secs.]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:40 pm
User Image

~~~ Millennia Ainswoth ~~~

Str [11] Accl [20] Sta [7] Jmp [7] ArT[14.5]

Theme

"I do not have time to waste..."

Millennia let out a small yawn and stretched as she put away all of her files. She looked around for a moment "Hmm indeed, it looks strange. Its not bad, but not quite the shining palace that its been built up to be yeah?" she smiled "Anyway lets do this thing, I am eager to enjoy some good classical entertainment. Failing that there are probably other things to do love." she walked with Ruka getting in line for the show so they could buy their tickets. She hated lines, but she would have to wait in them here.

Millennia looked at Ruka 'So have you always needed glasses or do you wear them to complement your outfit?" she asked. Millennia liked clothes, though that was made obvious by the quality of her outfits even for such a simple day out.

"....Honor waits for no one."

Class: F
Record: 0W -1L
Cash: $1356.80
Current Word Count:
Total Word Count (Since first update): 1528

Ooc:
QueenBAD_KittyKat

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm
~Ruka Daisetsu~

Ruka would stand patiently in line with Millennia. Millennia wanted to know if she'd always wear glasses or if it was for her outfit. Ruka would shyly smiled. "Actually I do wear glasses. It's just like most teenagers, I'm ashamed of them so very often I have my contacts in." Ruka confessed. The line was moving at a steady pace. A small smile made it's way to Ruka face, but it was laced with sadness. "She gave me a chance when anyone else would've thought I was weird and just coming on to them." Ruka said out loud not expecting a response from Millennia, but expressing the love she held for Madison.

OOC:

Asbloodrunscold

Rising Road Stats

Read [92] [112]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:33 pm
User Image

Theme

Millennia listened to Ruka tell her story, the British woman nodding her head. When Ruka mentioned that she felt embarrassed to wear glasses she couldn't help but laugh at that "Wearing lenses is no reason to be ashamed through." she said "I used to wear them when I was a little bit more frumpy, I thought I looked like." she said and shrugged "I mean, they make you look good Ruka." she said though Millennia was biased. Her eyes were a bit better these days so she had no reason to wear glasses but when she did she thought they were fine.
However her attention was taken even more when she began to speak about Maddie even more. She tapped her chin and said nothing "Hmm" she said as they moved through the line. She would let her speak.

Current Word Count:

Ooc:
QueenBAD_KittyKat

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:36 pm
~Ruka Daisetsu~

Ruka snapped out her haze as she heard the women at the window say next. "Um..yes two tickets please." The woman would hand Ruka the tickets ad Ruka would thank her. She turned to Millennia and smiled sheepishly. "I'm supposed to be trying to take my mind of her and here I am thinking of her." She handed Millennia her ticket. "Let's go get our seats."

OOC:

Asbloodrunscold

Rising Road Stats

Read [92] [112]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:44 pm
User Image

Theme

Millennia looked t her from the corner of her eyes for a moment a small smirk on her face. She took the ticket 'Well, part of the process of getting over someone involves thinking about them." she said and walked inside with her "You had an amicable break-up so thats only going to make it hard. There is no reason to lie to yourself, but whats important is that you don't feel that way for long. You are young, people break up..you move on, find someone new and all such." she said and continued to walk until they got to where they were being seated. She moved through "Ever forward, that is the lesson." she sat down.

She leaned "At least you are handling it like a mature lady. You could be crying, eating ice-cream, and cursing her out on facebook." she gave her a momentary glance hoping she got what she was saying.

Current Word Count:

Ooc:
QueenBAD_KittyKat

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:37 pm
~Ruka Daisetsu~

Ruka nodded about. "I'm not a bad person. I loved her a great deal. I'm strong. She's strong. I would never bring her harm and neither would she." Ruka took a deep breath. She smiled and waited for the show to start.

OOC:

Asbloodrunscold

Rising Road Stats

Read [92] [112]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:06 am
User Image

Theme

Millennia chuckled "Indeed, so just take solace in that. One day you two might even reunite." she said "For now though you've both got lives to live so no use mourning for long." she said as she looking towards the stage waiting for it to start. She really did hope it would be good she id so love theater.
Millennia was still a bit more of a regal girl respite loosening up and theater was one of the few times she wasn't working. She let out a small breath "Just don't spend too long waiting for her if that the route you go. Its a shame to waste youth waiting for one person."

Current Word Count:

Ooc:
QueenBAD_KittyKat

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

QueenBAD_KittyKat
Vice Captain

Interesting Genius

6,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 pm
~Ruka Daisetsu~

Ruka looked over at Millennia. "I won't wait, but if our lives cross pathways again and I'm not in a relationship at the time, I'll take her back in a heart beat." The lights dimmed. "I guess it's time for the show to start." The curtains opened and Ruka focused on the show.

OOC:

Asbloodrunscold

Rising Road Stats

Read [92] [112]

[The Archives] Recycling Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items