Submit

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:02 am
Aarf!

User Image
(Click for larger image.)

Welcome to this arpee contest hosted by yours truly. This is a rehoming contest for the Poocheyena above which will go to the best entry posted. Interested in winning the lovely above? Well, continue on down~

End Date: Monday, March 24th, 11:59 PM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am
Prompt

User Image

Holy crap, it's a rock!

Not just any rock, my friend! The above is an extremely rare mineral called Extrasensite. Recently, a known but unknown Galactic grunt tried to steal the priceless purple sphere, but happened to lose grip on her prize halfway through her escape from the fuzz. Opting to escape with her safety in tow, the rock remains missing and the headlines are buzzing for return of the relic. They've even went on to tag a reward (which is not even a fraction of its worth) with its return so long as it is brought back unscathed.

Here's where you come in, lucky stranger! While scouring the emptiness of the Pilkiras Plains for whatever reason who you might reason, you come across a Poocheyena staring blankly at you. However, your eyes aren't concentrated on the little canine. Instead, what's caught your interest is the glistening orb in its mouth. Whether your sense of justice is strong or you're avariciously after the money reward, you give chase after the mutt as it bounds off ahead. The little bugger is quicker than your expected though and is really giving you a run for your money (if you're after the prize, I mean)~

How do you catch it? And, after apprehending the woofie, what do you do with the orb? Do you return it for the reward? Keep it as a souvenir? Or do you sell it to an underground market, tripling your profits? The choice is yours~

+

Some pointers!

+ Keep me entertained! Don't this just be another cliche run and catch ordeal. Detail everything throughout your trek and be creative upon catching the Poocheyena. Do you corner it at a cliff or does it turn the tables and begin to chase you?

+ Length is not a problem for me. Remember, though, quality over quantity. I like to read something that tells a concise and consistent story, not a tale that drags on and on.

+ Do you like waffles? Yes, I like waffles. Randomness and humor is something I really like in a prompt reply. It is not a must you be funny, but I think adding in slapstick and embarrassing your trainer a bit gives us all a laugh, right?

+ HAVE FUN. I can't stress this enough~

+ Brownie points option: if you want, somehow include Ebba the Stantler, a pooting deer Pokemon who just wants to love EVERYONE. <3

+

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Number of Pokemon Owned:[/b]

[b]Prompt Reply:[/b]

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 am
Entrants

Username/Number of Pokemon/Entry Link

1. mewrose/6/[x]
2. angelgirl2345/0/[x]

3. DJ SnowKat/4/[x]
4. Eienna/1/[x]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am
Reserved

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 am
Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 pm
User Image

Another rehoming? There's two Pokemon that's to be rehomed actually! The first one will be given away through an RP contest~

About this Rampardos: You can give him any sort of personality or history you want if you win, but in case you're uncreative or want to keep his original background here's a lowdown.

Starlily was caught by Nyla in the Mines metaplot RP, but she couldn't tame him no matter how hard she tried. After an especially spectacular failure, he winded up in the hands of Lizzie who could take care of him better. He evolved under her care but then came the mysterious fog from the Dream World metaplot. With his trainer missing, he became lost and confused and to this day he's looking for anyone to take him into their home.

Starlily was named because he enjoys flowers. He loves beautiful things and is a gentle giant. Though he does not like battling, he is still a loyal Pokemon and is a valuable companion for any trainer.

Again you're free to disregard the above information. You can even change his name or gender if you want to. It's really for people who want to run with it but I won't judge negatively either way.

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 pm
So what's the prompt? Tell me how your trainer managed to obtain the Rampardos. Alternatively you can tell me how your trainer plans to use or take care of him/her. You can use both prompts if you want, or not. And again you can use the name/gender/personality/background I've said above or ignore it. The prompts are simple because I don't feel like thinking of a more creative one right now. XD

Some pointers because I judge differently than Nana~
- I like creativity! Even if your response is a simple 'lol pokemon get' it should be exciting enough to keep my attention.
- You can make your response as long or short as you want but my mind tends to wander after reading 10 pages of words so don't write a novel please.
- Random humor? Maybe, if it's done well. I'm just looking for good stories here~

Entrants:
1. Nanashi Kage Enjeru

2. Riffler

3. Qixel  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm
User Image

This is Hesserr. He's a very shy Sandshrew. It's probably cause he belonged to Team Rocket before he was liberated by the good trainers in the Camp Xine metaplot. That sort of experience makes one skittish... Though if you'd like I have a magical retcon laser that can change all that. This Sandshrew has an Everstone which cannot be retconned away unfortunately.

Because he's so shy he would love a home with a trainer with 2 or less Pokemon! Yup this is a newbie-only event. And you'll have to be lucky too cause it's also a free raffle!

So if you'd like a chance at the Sandshrew just post this:

[size=18][color=blue]I would like a ticket for the Sandshrew![/color][/size]

Also if you try out for either the Poochyena or Rampardos rehoming contest you get an extra ticket! Only one extra ticket per person though.

The winner may keep Hesserr's name/gender/personality/background or change it as they see fit. :3

Ticket list:
1. Eienna
2. Khryssie
3. Riffler
4. NeoBunni
5. angelgirl2345
6. Saint Of Revenge
7. Kallysto
8. pukie7
9. Revel1984
10. shadica
11. Fea Line
12. seru_ame
13. Keliptis
14. Kamileunaire
15. Nergui of the Sands
16. iSexy_Goddess  

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:37 pm
Reserved~  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 pm
Username: mewrose
Number of Pokemon Owned: 6

Prompt Reply:
It was a beautiful, clear day, not too warm and with every promise of good weather. It seemed a perfect day to get out, so in early afternoon Arissa found herself wandering through the Pilkiras Plains near Katarina. She had taken a day trip to look for pokemon, particularly of unusual colors, since there were not many to be found in the city. She had brought along a backpack with some supplies, mainly lunch and several pokeballs. Along her side trotted her Archen, Kishin, who seemed quite happy to be out in nature. Perhaps she should make more of an effort to get out of the city, Arissa thought as she watched her pokemon scurry about in the grass.

Soon they came to a lightly forested area around a small pond. It seemed a good place to rest for a moment, so she detoured towards the water. When she heard a rustle to one side, she looked over in time to spot a grey doglike pokemon coming out of some brush. A Poochyena, she thought. It seemed to be the normal color for the breed, and while it's markings were nice enough, they weren't the kind that would catch the eye and be particularly desirable for breeding. But it had a strange purple orb clamped in its mouth. One that she quickly identified as Extrasensite, a rare mineral which had been stolen recently. She remembered seeing a newspaper article in the Pokemon Center about the missing rock, and its reward for a safe return.

It would be good to return it. The right thing to do, and her momma raised her right. Besides, she could certainly use the money, since until she won a contest or bred and sold a pokemon, she was pretty strapped for cash. She couldn't rely on her parents forever, and she certainly didn't want to rely on her aunt, the dear old busybody. Now, how could she get the orb from the Poochyena?

She and the wild pokemon stared at each other for a moment. Then, moving slowly so as not to startle him or seem a threat, she reached into a pocket of her backpack and pulled out a red rubber ball. She used the toy to practice some of Kishin'a attacks against, but now it might get a different use. She gently waved it in front of the Poochyena, who perked up and followed it attentively with his eyes. "You want the ball, huh?" she said in a quiet voice. "You wanna play with the ball? Well, here ya go." Then she lobbed the ball off behind the pup, who tore off after it. She was hopeful that the pup would drop the stone to get the ball, and watched him eagerly to see what happened. But much to her surprise, it bounced off a rock, ricocheted into an entirely different direction, and flew straight at a Stantler who was grazing on the other side of a hedge, previously unseen.

The ball smacked straight into one of the Stantler's horns, who tossed his head while pooting loudly (and noxiously) in alarm. This unintentionally threw the ball with great force, and it flew off a great distance with the Poochyena darting right after it. Alarmed now, and coughing a bit from the almost visible cloud of pooted stench, Arissa chased after him, with Kishin following behind. She managed to keep the pup in sight during the short, desperate dash, and when the ball started to bounce she began to hope that she would catch up to him when the ball finally came to a stop. But then he leaped over clump of tall grass and disappeared entirely.

Arissa raced up to the spot, and finding the cause managed to skid to a stop just in time. She had seen that the ground droped off to a steep hill just beyond the tall grass, and the Poochyena was still racing right down it after the bed ball. She teetered on the edge a bit, wondering if it would be safe to go after him, but she didn't get a chance to make a choice. Kishin was a slower runner, due to her shorter legs, and didn't see the danger. She didn't slow down at all and barreled right into Arissa's legs, knocking them both over the edge.

Before she quite knew what was happening, Arissa found herself and Kishin skidding down the side of the hill. Ahead of them the Poochyena was scrambling down, while the ball bounced along just ahead of him, as if taunting him. Only now the Poochyena had opened his mouth to bark at the escaping toy, and the Extrasensite dropped out to careen around with the rest of them. Arissa winced at the sharp clacks and thocks as it bounced off rocks. The Poochyena started scrambling for whichever round object was nearer at the time, making him miss both spectacularly and barking all the while.

Arissa wanted to get the Extrasensite before something damaged it, and stopping the Poochyena seemed the best way to start. Only she didn't have anything to do it with herself. Seeing her pokemon slide ahead of her, she commanded, "Kishin! Stop that Poochyena! Use...um," she couldn't think if Kishin had any moves that would immobilize him. "...U-Turn!" she yelled instead. That was good against Dark-types, right?

A call for an attack! Kishin immediately tried to turn her stumbling hops into graceful leaps as she swept her wings back and got ready to dart forward...

"Kishin!" Arissa yelled, somewhat desperately. "This is no time to be showing off! Attack quickly!"

Instead, Kishin paused in her attack. She thought it was always time to show off. She should take every opportunity to practice for contests, after all.

There was little time left to act, for they were nearing the bottom of the slope now. The Poochyena make a tremendous lunge for the Extrasensite and managed to grab it in his mouth just as he reached the bottom. He skidded to a halt and started shaking his head rapidly, as if he were worrying a bone or other toy, growling happily.

Arissa was worried that this would damage the valuable orb, if it wasn't already. She had to act fast. "Kishin! Just pin him down with Quick Attack!"

Kishin remembered not to be fancy this time and just dashed the short remaining distance. She tackled the pup hard, who gave a strangled yelp. As Arissa slid down beside them, Kishin heard him give a loud gulp before coughing and whining a little.

"Well done! You got him!" Arissa said proudly to her pokemon. Then she started looking around anxiously for the Extrasensite. It wasn't in the pup's mouth, or on the ground around, though the red ball was quite near and rocking cheekily. "Kishin, did you see where it went? The purple ball he had? It was stolen and I want to give it back." That was simplifying the matter, but true enough.

Kishin, who was sitting on top of the pup, pointed to his mouth, and then his belly. He was making very unhappy sounds now, and she hoped her trainer would be able to help him.

Arissa didn't quite believe what she thought her pokemon was saying. Then, agast, she asked, "Do you mean he swallowed it?"
To which her pokemon somberly nodded. "Oh dear," the trainer said. "I'm not sure how to get that out of him safely." She chewed her lip a moment before deciding, "It would probably be best to bring him to a Pokemon Center and let the professionals do it." But as she eyed the pokemon she sighed and said, "I don't expect he'll just let us carry him there. I better catch him." And so she pulled one of the pokeballs out of her backpack.

She had never caught a pokemon before, since Kishin was a gift. As a result, she wasn't sure if the ball needed to be thrown or could just touch the pokemon. She decided to play it safe and throw it, so she took aim and tossed the ball.

Only to have it bounce off Kishin's head, who gave her trainer a somewhat reproachful look.

"Sorry," she sheepishly told her pokemon and retrieved the pokeball. Maybe dropping it on him would work just as well. So she stood over him and took much more careful aim, while Kishin pulled her head out of the way to give a clear shot. The pup was too busy pawing at his neck to pay her much mind, so when Arissa dropped the ball, it made contact with grey fur and pulled the pup in. After only a brief bout of shaking, it fell still with a small ping.

Arissa sighed and picked the pokeball with her first catch ever. Then she looked over at the red ball, which had rolled to a stop not two feet away from them. She picked it up too, remarking to Kishin, "Remind me to give it to the Poochyena later. He deserves a treat after they get the Extrasensite out of him, for all the trouble its caused him."  

mewrose
Crew

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

Eienna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:17 pm
I would like a ticket for the Sandshrew!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:32 am

He's goooorgeous. ;______; <3333 I think I might try and work up an entry for either of the other bbs, too, if I have the time today!  

vilegloom

Vampire

Riffler

Handsome Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:03 am
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:25 am

White Trickster Rabbit

Cosmic Rabbit

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Verusia

Sparkly Shapeshifter

13,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:07 pm
Username: angelgirl2345
Number of Pokemon Owned: 0

Prompt Reply:
Tripping over what was once again another hole in the ground of the Pilkiras Plains while searching for herbs, Verus Raine wished that for the hundredth time she hadn't been out in the would be wilderness in four inch heels. Adorable as they may have been at the time to wear for the day, it was not a good idea to wander in black open toed stilettos with glittering stones draping around the top of her foot. Her older brother, Lucian, had come home once again as a battered and bruised mess picking fights with those he shouldn't and she was running out of the necessary supplies to keep his stuff in check at their "home" they created nearby.

They had been there for well over a year now after the death of their parents and she sighed recalling how they had gone from their once lavish life to what they were now. Sun brightly shining down to light up the entire horizon, she noticed many of the Pokemon that were usually around that she had gradually become more or less friends with when she helped them whether they be caught in a trap or harmed in some way. One particular Pokemon, however, she had not noticed before.

It was a Poocheyena that had very beautiful coloration to her and in its mouth glittered a rock. She recognized the rock at least and stood transfixed at it when she thought of all the things she'd seen in Katarina that had shown it and had rewards for its return. How did this Pokemon get a hold of this mineral, she thought and carefully made her way toward it cautiously. If she got this mineral back, possibly the reward would help her and her brother so that they could actually have a "normal" place to stay again. Thinking about what to do to get close enough to it to release the stone, she pulled off her backpack to withdraw some berries.

For most Pokemon she came across, they really loved these berries so it was only logical that this Poocheyena would be the same right? She would just give it the berries, it would release the stone to eat them, and then she'd be able to grab the Extrasensite to claim the reward. Simple enough so she began her plan while she held out the berries and calmly inched her way to the creature. Being calm was always the best way to approach this.

It stared at her with bright blue eyes, nose quivering quickly at the scent of the berries to almost make her giggle and it leaned forward to sniff them in her hand.

"OY VERUS! VERUUUUUUUS! I'M HUNGRY WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO COME BACK!" Verus heard the voice of Lucian yell from afar from unknown origins that startled both her and the Poocheyena in such a way that it bolted in the opposite direction.

"Lucian..... that twit... " She grumbled and ran after the creature as quickly as she could in her shoes, watching it hop over the tall grasses so it could see where it was going. So focused on the bobbing head of the Poocheyena, she hadn't realized it had actually hopped directly over a large hole that she of course fell in face first. Had she not been as clumsy as she was, she may have been able to keep her footing, but alas it was not so.

Wincing, she got to her feet and cursed that it was the same hole she had avoided earlier. She turned her gaze to glare at the Poocheyena's still bobbing head far ahead of her before she removed her shoes and took after it once more. She wondered how she was ever going to catch it being without a Pokemon herself but hope was more or less what kept her going through all the things that creature led her throughout the day: a watering hole of slippery rocks of doom, that nest of very angry Beedrill that chased her screaming from their domain after the Poocheyena crashed its way right though it and now this random Spinarak web.

She stood in fear transfixed at the Pokemon making its way down the web of this tiny wooded area where this creature shouldn't even had made a home in in her opinion but for some reason it was there, one of the Pokemon she feared the most. She struggled with the web until it tore away from the surrounding vegetation causing it to fall to the ground in annoyance and chase after her. "I didn't mean to I'm sorry! I'm after the Poocheyena! The Poocheyena there! "

That Pokemon sat on its haunches casually and watched her running around in circles away from the Spinarak, Extrasensite still firmly grasped in its jaws. Once the Spinarak had finished its assault, she doubled over and gasped at the creature. "Could you please just... give me the glittering ball...."

The ears moved around on the top of its head in time to her words and it stared at her with a look that obviously meant a "no." Their stare down ensued then and she plotted on how to jump it to succeed in the removal of the mineral from the Poocheyena's mouth. Noise behind her caught her attention, however, and both her and the Poocheyena stood side by side gaping in the direction of her brother Lucian. "ONWARD MY POOTY FRIEND! TO SAVE VERUS WE GO!"

He was practically surfing in great determination on the back of a Stantler that bounded its way around the thin amount of trees there in their direction, obviously not slowing down a bit and Verus gripped onto the Poocheyena to avoid the collision that was bound to happen.

It happened in a matter of seconds where the Poocheyena had been knocked unconscious by the Stantler and laid on top of her, its drooling mouth covering her in nastiness. She leaned up and looked around it to see the Extrasensite had rolled off nearby and Lucian stood laughing with hands on hips for his triumph. "The dear damsel in distress has been saved and now she will cook me food! HUZZAH!"

"You idiot you almost killed us.... The poor Poocheyena even. Look what you did..." She glared up at him and pointed to the unconscious Pokemon in her lap.

"A good knock to the head won't kill anyone. Give it a bit and it'll be all spunky in no time. " Lucian smiled and easily lifted the Pokemon up and over his shoulder so he could help Verus up with the other hand.

Once to her feet, she wandered over to pick up the mineral and held it close to her on the entire trek back home. The Extrasensite was now safe and she could return it to the city in the morning after she knew the Poocheyena was going to be fine. It had gotten a few cuts on it that she treated before working on her own minor wounds.

"What is this thing? " She looked up from a scratch on her arm to see Lucian tossing the mineral around lightly in his hand.

"The whole reason I spent so long out in the plains today to get. That's Extrasensite and its... " A breaking crash then ensued to her utmost horror that the stone shattered into pieces on the ground. "Nevermind...."

"Oops.. well now its going to be an epic lawn decoration don't you think? Shall set awesome colors along the house outside. " He picked up the pieces and hummed out the door while she muttered how much of an idiot he was.

The next day the Poocheyena was moving along outside. She had replaced the mineral with a large colorful ball and watched it toss it around in the grass before she frowned at the new "lawn ornaments" Lucian had made with the Extrasensite. At least now she had a makeshift wind-chime that dinged softly in the breeze, she thought.

Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff