Doctor Who 0.27883934890304 27.9% [ 394 ]
Snooki 0.075725406935598 7.6% [ 107 ]
Spock 0.08067940552017 8.1% [ 114 ]
Yoda 0.17409766454352 17.4% [ 246 ]
new suggestions (please post) 0.072186836518047 7.2% [ 102 ]
Total Votes:[ 1413 ]

IRL Vampire

michigami

once upon a time, we HAD a better tutorial, it involved a train and sewers, and all sorts of edutainmental stuffs to get you used to the game, and then the train station vanished, as did the sewers, and left us old-tyme players to deal with random people asking stupid questions like "what's a peelunger?"

but yeah that quest flag and barton/VG quest glitches really need fixed someday people. i know two people from closed beta that still never got their cookie quest fixed, even though they finished it ages ago. the game simply dosen't recognize it. and my neophyte niece came crying to me to figure out what she did wrong on the elizabeth quest that's now jammed on her, so it's not a problem limited to older players.

I'd love to see a tutorial return to at least the station and sewers, if not the train itself since it seemed to be the laggiest and most awkward part of the old intro.

but anyways, if not for the randomness of my online schedule anymore, i'd try to stop in and run with our illustrious devs. sadly, schedule does not oft permit me much game time anymore. crying

- the old tutorial sucked: it was too long, wordy and most of all: boring. The reason they got rid of it was because something crazy like 75% of all the people who started it, didn't complete it.

- they're working on a new tutorial.

- the sewers are still around: there's a quest in barton that let's you play them. I agree that this quest is horribly placed though since, obvioulsy, no one notices it sweatdrop

- if "what's a peelunger" was the only question newbs asked we would be living in a happy and carefree world sweatdrop

Also, and this is more of a general thing: if you can't seem to make it to the friday evening meetings, see if there are other community organized game events going on: they don't always show up but JK makes it more often then not. Recent example would be the epic I-am-meeting yesterday.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
michigami

once upon a time, we HAD a better tutorial, it involved a train and sewers, and all sorts of edutainmental stuffs to get you used to the game, and then the train station vanished, as did the sewers, and left us old-tyme players to deal with random people asking stupid questions like "what's a peelunger?"

but yeah that quest flag and barton/VG quest glitches really need fixed someday people. i know two people from closed beta that still never got their cookie quest fixed, even though they finished it ages ago. the game simply dosen't recognize it. and my neophyte niece came crying to me to figure out what she did wrong on the elizabeth quest that's now jammed on her, so it's not a problem limited to older players.

I'd love to see a tutorial return to at least the station and sewers, if not the train itself since it seemed to be the laggiest and most awkward part of the old intro.

but anyways, if not for the randomness of my online schedule anymore, i'd try to stop in and run with our illustrious devs. sadly, schedule does not oft permit me much game time anymore. crying

- the old tutorial sucked: it was too long, wordy and most of all: boring. The reason they got rid of it was because something crazy like 75% of all the people who started it, didn't complete it.

- they're working on a new tutorial.

- the sewers are still around: there's a quest in barton that let's you play them. I agree that this quest is horribly placed though since, obvioulsy, no one notices it sweatdrop

- if "what's a peelunger" was the only question newbs asked we would be living in a happy and carefree world sweatdrop

Also, and this is more of a general thing: if you can't seem to make it to the friday evening meetings, see if there are other community organized game events going on: they don't always show up but JK makes it more often then not. Recent example would be the epic I-am-meeting yesterday.

Yeah and other Devs come and play with us too. mlos (The glitchy dev as I think of him, he's the one of the devs that fixes glitches.) came and played Hide and Seek with use last night. It he was in an I AM pose too. <3 So just hanging out with us in community events can have you spending time with a dev. wink

Aseres is right too on the first tutorial being wordy and a lot of people never finished it. sad Sounds like JK found a way to make the whole thing much more fun and it should explain things much better from what he tell us. smile
Sensual Soul
Hey guys that are worried about the tutorial, JK said he was working on it yesterday and that it was mega awesome and that he was almost done. *Sigh* He wouldn't give us a sneak peek but he did say they might make re-playble for us higher CLs. whee He's got the worlds most awesome imagination so I trust it too be good. So soon, very soon.... 3nodding

that would be awesome. ^_^

i didn't mind it being verbose, but i know it took a good 5 minutes to get through, and a lot of people got frustrated. then again, i actually read manuals when i buy a new game, and enjoy a good 400+ page novel on occasion sweatdrop

IRL Vampire

Are you sure he said he was almost done? Because I heard that he was still in pre-production >>;;;

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Aseres
Are you sure he said he was almost done? Because I heard that he was still in pre-production >>;;;

Maybe she's thinking of the coliseum which is almost done?
Actually, the tutorial is not close to being done.. what I said was that the pre-production/planning was almost complete. But yes, it's going to be awesome and shocking. smile

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
You are a meatball 0.0

IRL Vampire

EmperorZensekai
You are a meatball 0.0

meatbawlz

sweatdrop

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Aseres
EmperorZensekai
You are a meatball 0.0

meatbawlz

sweatdrop

A million nasty jokes just came into my mind from your post rofl

Tenacious Hellhound

Aseres
EmperorZensekai
You are a meatball 0.0

meatbawlz

sweatdrop

rofl

@JK:
So, are the new areas get released one by one or all at once?

IRL Vampire

EmperorZensekai
Aseres
EmperorZensekai
You are a meatball 0.0

meatbawlz

sweatdrop

A million nasty jokes just came into my mind from your post rofl

hahaha, I know right? I held back... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, haha~

Fashionable Tycoon

30,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Millionaire 200
love the idea zomg is the best

Powered-up Vampire

14,525 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
I'm gonna in... arrow

Kharras's Princess

Phantom

Definitely love this. I don't really play zOMG too much unless I have other people to play it with ... so I will for sure try to do this from now on! It's a chance to meet new friends. However, I'm on Eastern Time, so I'll have to make the conversion, and I will also not be able to attend today. I'm going to Canada's Wonderland with my dad today. It's been a while since we last hung out, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'll definitely join next Friday, and I'll make sure to bring my street buddy Alicia (she actually lives on my street), and my other school mate Stephanie with me, even though they're lower leveled. I made them join Gaia, so I owe them this treat. It'll all be good.

But for now, I have to try to race for the finish without any rings before dad gets back! Thanks again, guys! Can't wait to meet up!

Familiar Lunatic

I cant believe it's already Friday.
Any theme thing going on?
I won't make it, but still enjoy dressing up like I would.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff