Welcome to Gaia! ::

A New Beginning: best HM in a while, amirite?

Totally right! 0.59090909090909 59.1% [ 91 ]
Meh, it's okay. 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 22 ]
Totally wrong! 0.012987012987013 1.3% [ 2 ]
Moo. (Poll Whore) 0.25324675324675 25.3% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1053 1054 1055 > >> >>> »|

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
User Image

Please pardon our mess as we transition into a new update

Hello, and welcome to "Harvest Moon For Girls, Anyone?", a thread all about Harvest Moon! whee I started this thread before the releases of Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life and Harvest Moon More Friends of Mineral Town, which were named A Wonderful Life for Girls and Friends of Mineral Town for Girls in Japan. 3nodding This thread is open to all genders; the "for Girls" was originally referring to the same subtitle in the Japanese games.

This started out as a discussion thread for those two games, but as time has passed, we've seen the release of several new Harvest Moon games and are anxiously anticipating the many more that have yet to come over from or even be released in Japan. As time has progressed, we have discussed each new game as it came along, but we're open for discussion of all the games in this wonderful series. So come on in, join the fun, and let's talk some Harvest Moon! 4laugh

User Image

Rumor mill is saying that XSeed wants to localize Rune Factory 4. For those that don't remember/know, XSeed was the company that localized Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii. At the current moment, nothing is concrete, but XSeed has at the very least expressed interest.

User Image

These are the release dates for games we're waiting on:

US

NOTE: Some of the titles listed are the Japanese titles for these games. Titles are subject to change closer to release dates.

[3DS]
Rune Factory 4--???

[Wii U]
Currently none....check back later.

[PS3]
Currently none...check back later.

[PSV]

JAPAN
[3DS]

[Wii U]

[PS3]

[PSV]

UK
[3DS
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning--???

[Wii U

[PSV]

User Image

In celebration of our thread hitting 2000 posts, we have now released a banner for this thread! whee Here's what you need to have the banner for yourself:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For the larger banner, enter this line of text into your sig:
[URL=http://hmfgany1.notlong.com][img]http://RegBanner.notlong.com[/img][/URL]

User Image

For the smaller banner, enter this line of text into your sig:
[URL=http://hmfgany1.notlong.com][img]http://tinybanr.notlong.com[/img][/URL]
A wonderful life was really boring. That is the complaint with most of the HM games, AWL is the first time i had a problem with it. I think i'll stick to HM64 and back to nature. And as far as the guys in AWL are concerned nothing is really there. There weren't enough girls or festivals either. I want festivals. As for MFoMT i wouldn't know cause i don't have a GBA.

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
LINKS/AFFILIATES

Here are some links for some good, clean, farming fun!

www.natsume.com
Description: You can't go wrong with the official website. They've got game info, frequently asked questions, and they even have a forum now!

User Image

The Gaia Official Harvest Moon Thread
Description: This is the official Harvest Moon thread here on Gaia, run by Enishi-san. 3nodding I have a lot of respect for him; his thread has been around longer than this one, and if I had found his thread first, I probably wouldn't have even made this one, LOL! eek So check it out, okay, guys? ^_^

User Image
Description: This is a link to the Official Sims Thread. They've affiliated with us, so play nice! ^__^

If anyone has any more sites, please PM me with them and I'll add them to this section!

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
THE A NEW BEGINNING ITEM SAVING LIST

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning introduced an expansive item creation system, and with that comes item requirements. This list is going to attempt to compile the things that you need to save, along with the reasons behind why you're saving them.

This list is incomplete/a work in progress. Feel free to contribute things in the thread to help with this list.

In general, you should save the following:

• Small Rocks--for Small Material Stone required for many things
  • Honeycomb--for making Beehives
  • Ores (Iron, Copper, Silver, Gold, etc.)--Used in many recipes
  • Honeybees--to put in beehives
  • Colored down--to make colored cloth for clothes
  • Raw Cotton--to make clothes/Cloth for clothes
  • Wool--to make clothes/Yarn Balls for clothes
  • Alpaca wool--to make clothes/Yarn Balls for clothes
  • Llama wool--to make clothes/Yarn Balls for clothes
  • Flax--to make clothes/Linen for clothes
  • Bricks--various building recipes
  • Glass Stone--various building recipes
  • Glittering Stone--House upgrade; Witch Princess' house; other
  • Coins--used to power the Mechanical Panda; various recipes

These are some specific things you should save:

• 15 Moondrop Flowers--Ball Topiaries for Town Plan #1
  • 100 Small Branches--Ball Topiaries for Town Plan #1; Bushes for Town Plan #2; Cottage for Town Plan #3/unlocking Rod
  • 10 Mint--Restaurant for Town Plan #3; Yuri's Tailor for Town Plan #5
  • 10 Chamomile--Bushes for Town Plan #2
  • 20 Weeds--Bushes for Town Plan #2
  • 7 Amethyst--Eastern-style house for Town Plan #4/unlocking Soseki; Maker Shed; Bungalow for Town Plan #5
  • 10 Honey--Town Plan #2
  • 20 Bottles--Makers
  • 10 Walnut--Miller (maker)
  • 10 Flourite--Fantastical house for Town Plan #4; Big Bed required for marriage
  • *3 Jade--Bungalow for Town Plan #5; *5 extra needed per Farm Bell
  • 7 Adamantite--Exotic Mansion for Town Plan #5/unlocking Amir & Sanjay; Fermenter (maker)
  • 5 Mithril--Exotic Mansion for Town Plan #5
  • 11 Crystal--Watchtower for Town Plan #5; Lavish Fountain for Town Plan #5
  • 10 Pearls--Lavish Fountain for Town Plan #5
  • 5 Ancient Clay Figures--Witch Princess' house
I found it really easy to get money in AWL xd
I'll stick with the guy version of FoMT. Being a guy, getting a girl version would be unmanly.

Of course, having a girl avatar is unmanly too...

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
SolunaAngel

Please, share the wealth, lol! My problem is lately I've been spending too much money on fertilizer to make S crops. Once my trees bloom (I'm in Spring of Year 2 of Ch 2), though, I'm going to be rolling in the moolah, I hope. ^_^

Friendly Sex Symbol

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
AWL easy money is 2 words.... Seed maker. xd
EC_Maya
I'll stick with the guy version of FoMT. Being a guy, getting a girl version would be unmanly.

xd
SakuraMota
SolunaAngel

Please, share the wealth, lol! My problem is lately I've been spending too much money on fertilizer to make S crops. Once my trees bloom (I'm in Spring of Year 2 of Ch 2), though, I'm going to be rolling in the moolah, I hope. ^_^

I just fish a lot and turn them into Sashimi, though it can be really boring. Be sure to fish at the stream next to your farm. (Just hope for a Sharshark) When selling to Van, when he asks if ???G is ok say no. Keep trying to sell it to him until he offers more Gold to you.

The next idea is fairly simple. Plant trees in your unfertile soil and when the fruits drop off, put them in the Seed Maker (hopefully you have it) and sell the seeds to Van and do what I said about raising the price for Van....

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
krisslanza
AWL easy money is 2 words.... Seed maker. xd

Have one. 3nodding Got it for free from Daryl. The best way I've found to make moolah prior to hybrids if by selling Apple Seeds at 410 G a pop. And if one Apple makes 2 seeds....heh heh heh. Only problem is, I'm in Spring, and my Apples won't grown until Fall. ::sighs::

I'm also trying to work on getting all the connectivity stars for FoMT so I can get my Seaside House! 3nodding Has anyone ever gotten the million-gold Vacation House without cheating? I know there's someone roaming around Gaia who got it, but I'm curious if anyone else did....or how about your 50th-wedding-anniversary present, the Mountain Cottage?

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
SolunaAngel
SakuraMota
SolunaAngel

I just fish a lot and turn them into Sashimi, though it can be really boring. Be sure to fish at the stream next to your farm. (Just hope for a Sharshark) When selling to Van, when he asks if ???G is ok say no. Keep trying to sell it to him until he offers more Gold to you.

The next idea is fairly simple. Plant trees in your unfertile soil and when the fruits drop off, put them in the Seed Maker (hopefully you have it) and sell the seeds to Van and do what I said about raising the price for Van....

What's the recipe for Sashimi?

And yeah, I know about the seedness; I'm just in a season where no fruit grows. crying

Popular Elocutionist

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
EC_Maya

LOL, good point. My bros and fiance don't seem to keen to play this one, either...I'm just hoping that the game doesn't end once you get married in the girl version, like in the 3rd Game Boy Color one. I was so upset when I got married in Fall Year 1 and the game ended. crying
SakuraMota
SolunaAngel
SakuraMota
SolunaAngel

What's the recipe for Sashimi?

And yeah, I know about the seedness; I'm just in a season where no fruit grows. crying

Hors D'Oeuvres - Using 1 Fish (any fish)
I'm not even close to getting married on FoMT. Too many house upgrades. gonk

Mind you, I'm onyl just finishing Year 1, yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff