Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I actually liked tinierme when I still remembered my username.
I got confused with having two separate names and mixed them up a lot.
Even if I couldn't get the GC I still played a lot of the games and just had fun with all the users in there. I rarely saw anyone bullying another in the threads or in games. Everyone was nice and treated you nicely. Someone even gave me an item I wanted and didn't ask for anything.
Plus they always had an event or another going on that all could participate in towns.

So I dunno why it would shut down if only for the whole CC not meaning much and everything being expensive.

And i'm surprised gaia is even making a hot topic forum for tinierme?? Is it some kinda business ploy to get others to join or just mocking them?
horrible customer service that made many people feel they were members of an auxiliary site made only to make more money.

good looks can't get you everywhere

Rainbow Raider

5,650 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Nerd 50
I actually saw that online, there's a new law that banned all "gacha-based gambling", online or in the real world... Fishy, isn't it?

Hygienic Citizen

4,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Violently Blissful
I actually saw that online, there's a new law that banned all "gacha-based gambling", online or in the real world... Fishy, isn't it?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-07-gree-dena-stocks-plunge-as-japanese-government-cracks-down This link? I was under the impression that the Japanese still is still running though (too lazy to check, correct me if I'm wrong) so it doesn't entirely make sense...

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
Kyahahahah~ I don't even know where to start! You are so off base with some of your reason it's hilarious!

Pikkchu
Well hey there, all you non-tinierme players and tinierme players.
I'm here to discuss the many reasons I have come across, that may or may not, have killed Tinierme.
Feel free to discuss any of them~
And please remember I am not trying to smear or ruin Tinierme, I loved that site and am sad to see it go, but I would like to offer users some ideas, so that tinierme didn't just leave everyone dazed and confused.

REASON (1)
Tinierme for the past 3-4 years was claiming itself to be a "beta game." Betas normally don't last that long before they come perm or stable. Tinierme however, didn't.
Whether they were just using this title to push users into all sorts of new stuff or something sinister, I will never know.

So you're an expert on how long betas last? Do you know how long Google+ was in beta? Oh wait, you must be going on the idea of video game betas. Not all betas are created equal and you're just showing a complete lack of understanding for the term.

Pikkchu
REASON (2)
Tinierme has been promoting illegal gambling. Users that are about under the age of 14 were using money to try to win items. And on top of that, G-coins only lasted up to a year. When users found out the stuff they had payed for had disappeared, most were very unhappy. The Roulette was probably the worst of them all.

Gachapon machines are NOT illegal. Calling that model illegal means crane games and any of the put in a coin and get something random games are also illegal. That would also make Gaia's own RiGs illegal, too. The only thing (that people love to link to without reading) is how *complete sheets* were deemed illegal. Nothing else.

Pikkchu
REASON (3)
Before the time of the Moonlight Detectives Gacha release, C-Coins had no monetary value. They were just a nice added bonus to any G-Coin a user had bought. When users were trying to get into the picture event, any pictures that were not needed to create items were to be sold for 250 C-Coins. Thus giving C-Coins a value. That gacha I believe was 500 coins a play if you wanted to get one item. 500 coins = 250 C-Coins. Which if I remember correctly was around 50 cents. And C-Coins also disappear after a year as well.

Chibi coins (get it right) never had a value. You know why? You could get them for FREE. Logging in got you them. Posting diaries got you them. Just having friends got you them. And Chibi coins only lasted 6 months - more proof you don't know what you're talking about.

Pikkchu
REASON (4)
The Japanese version of Tinierme was way more popular, gaining them all more money. I'm not sure if anyone joined that version, but I did and was surprised to see way more items, more mods, and just more events in general. The English Version may have just been a test to see how it fared in the English scene.

Is. It is more popular. It still exists. And you saw more stuff because *shock* it's been around longer.

Pikkchu
REASON (5)
Users were just plain leaving after they found out it cost money to even get any items to look good. Let's be honest, the C-Coin Gachas started a low spiral down term after the G-Coins were raised and Boy and Girl Gachas were removed. Users that didn't look like they had G-Coin items were often called noobs and treated pretty badly, most of the time.

You could look great in CC and free event items. And many CC items were tradeable for GC items due to their rarity. Like Emb. Happy and Sad faces. I never got kicked from any room just because I wasn't decked out in animateds. People treat others with contempt all over the place, even here.

Pikkchu
REASON (6)
There were tons of unfair banning. Why? Probably because of the multiple accounts that Tinierme let users have as well as plain letting them break most rules that sites wouldn't allow. From there on, they kinda made their own rules, treating each case as they wanted.
And I'm not too sure that they were very good at following the root of stolen items, because users who were gifted a stolen items were banned. They were probably banned because Tinierme couldn't figure out if it was a mule or a real account. <-- Me speculating.

Hahaha. Oh, I can't say much about this, not yet. Not yet. It's still too soon.

Pikkchu
REASON (7)
For the longest time, Gachas were cheaper on the English version than the Japanese. But the English version was slowly catching up. By the time they did, users were outraged by the prices, seeing that it would cost them up to $17 for like five items. Most people either boycotted all gachas or quit the site altogether. This also completely messed up the already messed up system they had for trading. I'm not sure if Tinierme was trying to give us freedom for the prices or were just too lazy and believed they didn't need to do it since they were still in beta mode.

This doesn't even make sense. TinierMe changed their pricing to match their Japanese counterpart - most likely at the command of their parent controlling company. And the trade system had been massed up long long before then. No item should go for 30+ complete sheets of value is all I'll say about that.

Azuno Lu's Husband

Romantic Lover

When I first joined TinierMe, it didn't make sense. All I saw was interesting Anime-based style clothes and hairs all together sold to you just like would Gaia would do. Izaya, Shizuo, Mao, and more were there, but you have to work your way of having to obtain these items.
Luckily I didn't stay there that long. I never took the time reading all the dilemmas and problems happening in TinierMe. Sad to see it go, I do admit, but remembering about the prices of a certain item is quite the challenge just like Gaia would do too. I don't like wasting money buying a card I could of have bought something else with just to get an exact item you want.

And wow... unfair bans. Now that is something you don't hear everyday (to me that is).

I just skimmed most of the post made on this thread, and just found it plain interesting. I don't know what, but it was just interesting to read. I do say that Gaia is definitely more fair, but there can be allot of trolls in towns and rally. XD Well I guess that was my small input into this. c___c

Magical Astronomer

13,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Am I the only one here who had a ton of GC items but never spent a cent to get them? I was on TM for just over 2 years and I loved it. I had Sets and I got them by trading. I treated noobs fairly and had a lot of friends. I am very sad that TM is closing.... Even though those are valid reasons for people to leave.

Fashionable Noob

Dinophilic

TM closed down because most of the users were hard to deal with, the admins were kind of touchy and probably because their gacha systems weren't very legal in the first place.

hi i'm new and i'm from tinierme too and if that's the truth then it kind of makes me sad
it makes me sad and annoyed that by other users stupidity, the website closes down for all of us. i mean, that impacted EVERYONE, and it's just not fair for people who haven't done anything bad to deserve it (like myself)

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
All those things that you mentioned honestly make sense and I remember seeing them now that you mention it...

I pretty much only used that site for their games, which is why I'm going to miss it. Their games were a ton of fun!!
Meh, when I joined 2 years ago every room you go, you'll gain a friend, but now ... bratty, snobby kids everywhere. So I didn't really care much but I will miss the memories I made with my friends which probably quilted with me.years back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff