Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ms Fluffehkins
Loveless-and-Beautiful

I was never on TM, but I can say that didn't look like hate to me. They are just talking about their experiences of the site, and how it came to a close. So I would suggest you not to assume, nor judge just because you don't believe things that happened to people.

I am not trying to cause a fight if that is what you are thinking, I am just saying what I read. And yes, I read everyone's posts.
thank you but iv read posts that are dissing the site and its users. and you an reply if u so wish but i wont reply back to you. thanks.

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Loveless-and-Beautiful
Hi everyone im a loyal tinier me user. and i joined when the site originally opened. and just so you all know the English site was more free for c-coins. the Japanese site EVERYTHING is GC. only thing u can use CC for is the CC gatcha which sucks^^" but part of the reason tm English is closing down is that they made the game cards only available to AMERICAN users. everyone else on that site that wasent American was screwed and couldn't get them.im Canadian i would know. they also raised prices because of either popular demand or because they needed more money to keep the site running. it costs a lot to keep a website on its feet. but reading a bunch of your comments your all dissing it. the site was amazing it allowed players to meet new people and gain friends. hell for some people tinier me was a place were they felt accepted after being bullied off of every other site. so why don't the haters shut up and quit hating and the trolls can go troll elsewhere.

Wow. I refuse to even comment back on this post, because so many things are incorrect.

However, I will say, the Japanese site does have CC items for your information, in fact it even has a daily Gacha.
Anyways, thanks for being so rude. Please don't come back to this thread again, Love. Thanks. emotion_bigheart
ill comment where i want to. and u know its my opinion. to each their own plus why did u reply if u said u refused to?

Fluff Connoisseur

old TM user here as well, just to clarify:

Quote:
Before the time of the Moonlight Detectives Gacha release, C-Coins had no monetary value. They were just a nice added bonus to any G-Coin a user had bought. When users were trying to get into the picture event, any pictures that were not needed to create items were to be sold for 250 C-Coins.
Thus giving C-Coins a value. That gacha I believe was 500 coins a play if you wanted to get one item. 500 coins = 250 C-Coins. Which if I remember correctly was around 50 cents. And C-Coins also disappear after a year as well.

c-coins have always been around, from the very start of TM. the gachas were originally 25 cc to spin and divided into boys and girl sections.

then, g-coins were implemented. 1 gc = roughly 1 cent, and the gc gachas started out by being 50 gc to spin, also divided into boy and girl sections, and each gacha had their own cc gacha (80 cc a spin) on the side with mixed gendered items.
in the cc gacha there was also the (very small) probability to spin out a gacha ticket, which gave you the possibility of spinning a regular gc gacha for free

they realized that close to no one would spin the boy gc gachas so the admins started mixing up the genders in the gc gachas

later on, they implemented the "super lucky gacha", which costs 100 gc a spin. most black and pink items would be there instead of the regular 50 gc gacha because those are the most popular colors. so we had for a while for every gacha introduced 1 super lucky gacha (100 gc), 1 normal gc gacha (50 gc) and 1 cc gacha (80 cc), all with mixed gendered items.

then, the admins decided to take down the cc gacha that came with the other gc ones and only put 2 cc gachas per month, where it was possible to exchange some cc items for a gacha ticket and also some other possible exchanges for monthly items

afterwards, that's where things started becoming BS

they tripled the prices to play the gc gachas (150 gc for regular and 350 for super lucky)
they quadrupled the prices to play the campaign gachas (originally 75 gc to spin, now 300 gc)
they abolished the cc system, it was then totally impossible for cc users to play the gc gachas at all unless they did a buttload of offers

then not even 2 weeks later the admins decided to close down the site.
__

imo one of the reasons the site is closing down is because people on there would make petitions for EVERY SINGLE change that occurred, so whenever ANYTHING happened there would be a goddamn riot
but the users are not completely at fault either, the admins also did ban a lot of people unfairly, the reason being that there was something offensive in their username.
that made a lot of people quit to support their friends who lost their accounts
for example i know the friend of a friend who got banned because their name was "P E D O", and that made my friend and a lot of her friends quit too
i also had a mule called "@ssVi0lator" and that account got frozen as well (it angered me but not to the point of quitting, i just wished they notified me beforehand because once an they decide to ban an account, the items in that closet are lost forever)
this goes without mentioning the obvious legal implications with gambling that G-Crest, the company that owns TM, had to face
__

TL;DR, TM closed down because most of the users were hard to deal with, the admins were kind of touchy and probably because their gacha systems weren't very legal in the first place.
G-Crest wasn't making enough money with the website because of the above reasons, so they've decided to close shop altogether

i was personally a cc user that was really freaking lucky and had the chance to get a bunch of really cool and expensive gc items though trading and gc offers, so for a while i could enjoy the most of TM (which to be honest is kind of limited to their pretty avatars and nothing else), but not everyone had my luck tbh, pity considering the site will close in not even 2 weeks from now

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Loveless-and-Beautiful

Shuush, thank you. emotion_bigheart

Dinophilic

Haha, those were the days.
But the CC gachas didn't get tickets until after the Lucky Treasure Event, in which you had to search around for treasure chests in the towns. If you received a money bag, you could exchange it for a ticket. Gacha tickets didn't even exist before that. You also skipped the "Premium Gacha" which was 100 a play and came way before the super lucky gachas.
Thank you for taking me down memory lane. <3
Well technically before that Gacha, they weren't tied to any GC value. Like you couldn't trade in GC items for CC coins. And weird question, why would it matter if no one was using the boy Gacha?
And I would agree with the users being hard to deal with. They were hard to deal with in the first place, creating groups such as the "Nameless Society" and the masked protestors, who wore masks whenever they protested a gacha. And I would agree with the CC coin gachas going down hill. After they stopped implementing them alongside the GC gachas, they began to just get worse and worse. At least near the end they had animated and gacha tickets along side them. The Kokoro bags were a nice touch too. Getting a bunch of them resulted in a monthly items or a gacha ticket, however there was only so many items or gacha tickets you could receive in a month.

Fluff Connoisseur

Quote:
You also skipped the "Premium Gacha" which was 100 a play and came way before the super lucky gachas.

the premium gacha was an event-special gacha i think? there is one once a while, like the high animated containing super gachas that costed 200 gc to spin (or around that) or the hairstyles exclusive gacha, but they weren't exactly "regular"

Quote:
And weird question, why would it matter if no one was using the boy Gacha?

imo TM is kind of like a business, and the items are products being sold
if a certain product does not sell well enough (or in this case a gacha isn't played enough), they lose money because to design, to create and to implement the product isn't free

but they also didn't want to cut out the boy items completely because then boys would obviously complain, so the staff just decided to merge the boy and girl gachas together as a result

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Dinophilic
Quote:
You also skipped the "Premium Gacha" which was 100 a play and came way before the super lucky gachas.

the premium gacha was an event-special gacha i think? there is one once a while, like the high animated containing super gachas that costed 200 gc to spin (or around that) or the hairstyles exclusive gacha, but they weren't exactly "regular"

But they had at least 6 of them, the first being Dark Ritual. And Dark Ritual didn't even have any rare items, it was just clothing and a few faces. And the premium gachas I'm talking about were only 100gc and were before they started with the 200gc or the Super Gachas. I don't remember their being a gacha that cost 200 GC a spin though. Which one was that?

Dinophilic"
imo TM is kind of like a business, and the items are products being sold
if a certain product does not sell well enough (or in this case a gacha isn't played enough), they lose money because to design, to create and to implement the product isn't free

but they also didn't want to cut out the boy items completely because then boys would obviously complain, so the staff just decided to merge the boy and girl gachas together as a result

I guess I can see that happening, hahaha.

Fluff Connoisseur

Quote:
But they had at least 6 of them, the first being Dark Ritual. And Dark Ritual didn't even have any rare items, it was just clothing and a few faces. And the premium gachas I'm talking about were only 100gc and were before they started with the 200gc or the Super Gachas. I don't remember their being a gacha that cost 200 GC a spin though. Which one was that?

then it's very possible that i forgot about them then haha
pretty sure they served as test gachas for the super lucky stuff later

and tbh there are no "rare" items on TM, it's usually when people don't play a gacha that the items in there become labelled "rare"
i think there was one instance where the site itself labelled an item as rare, the color changing vampire girl eyes- but then the users started complaining about that (what a surprise) so.. it never happened again

the super gachas are the ones below:

http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/html/shop_gacha/gacha/2010/12/20101210_super2.html
http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/html/shop_gacha/gacha/2011/06/20110617_super3.html
http://www.tinierme.com/tinierme/html/shop_gacha/gacha/2011/10/20111028_super4.html

Blessed Kitten

5,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cart Raider 100
I'm gonna miss that site. ._. I have noticed that Gaia is a bit more fair. Maybe I'm wrong, but Tinierme was like sooooo unfair. D: On Gaia, I see pink link boxes with extra coins sometimes, there's a dumpster dive game, puzzles that give you coins, and just commenting on the forums give you coins and it gives people more of a chance to get the expensive items on here without having to spend. I COULD BE WRONG... I haven't been on here long enough. But so far, I see this site more friendly than Tinierme.

Tipsy Fatcat

Oh waow, I never knew TinierMe had such issues.. o:
I'm glad I never got too into the site otherwise I would have lost a lot.! > . <

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I can't justify spending 500 dollars on pixels. That's just... Goddamn.
Pikkchu
Loveless-and-Beautiful

Shuush, thank you. emotion_bigheart

lol no.

Predestined Hero

18,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Thanks for pointing this out
All valid reasons

Spacey Strawberry

Just throwing this out there. Take however you want.

As far as myself and other devs (not all of course) go, websites that update or change are in perpetual beta, as . . . well, they're always changing in some manner. I'd consider Gaia in Beta, for example, because items are constantly being added (along with other things).

Star-Crossed Shapeshifter

♥~

TinierMe also banned a lot of artists and made random rules not too long ago about not being allowed to trade items for art, which ... Pissed off a lot of people, and made a lot of people leave. A lot of the GC users too, not just artists.

Then they banned SOME artists for it but not OTHERS, allowing bribing and stuff to go on and it was really ridiculous.

~♥

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces