Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Well hey there, all you non-tinierme players and tinierme players.
I'm here to discuss the many reasons I have come across, that may or may not, have killed Tinierme.
Feel free to discuss any of them~
And please remember I am not trying to smear or ruin Tinierme, I loved that site and am sad to see it go, but I would like to offer users some ideas, so that tinierme didn't just leave everyone dazed and confused.

REASON (1)
Tinierme for the past 3-4 years was claiming itself to be a "beta game." Betas normally don't last that long before they come perm or stable. Tinierme however, didn't.
Whether they were just using this title to push users into all sorts of new stuff or something sinister, I will never know.

REASON (2)

Tinierme has been promoting illegal gambling. Users that are about under the age of 14 were using money to try to win items. And on top of that, G-coins only lasted up to a year. When users found out the stuff they had payed for had disappeared, most were very unhappy. The Roulette was probably the worst of them all.

REASON (3)
Before the time of the Moonlight Detectives Gacha release, C-Coins had no monetary value. They were just a nice added bonus to any G-Coin a user had bought. When users were trying to get into the picture event, any pictures that were not needed to create items were to be sold for 250 C-Coins.
Thus giving C-Coins a value. That gacha I believe was 500 coins a play if you wanted to get one item. 500 coins = 250 C-Coins. Which if I remember correctly was around 50 cents. And C-Coins also disappear after a year as well.

REASON (4)
The Japanese version of Tinierme was way more popular, gaining them all more money. I'm not sure if anyone joined that version, but I did and was surprised to see way more items, more mods, and just more events in general.
The English Version may have just been a test to see how it fared in the English scene.

REASON (5)
Users were just plain leaving after they found out it cost money to even get any items to look good. Let's be honest, the C-Coin Gachas started a low spiral down term after the G-Coins were raised and Boy and Girl Gachas were removed. Users that didn't look like they had G-Coin items were often called noobs and treated pretty badly, most of the time.

REASON (6)
There were tons of unfair banning. Why? Probably because of the multiple accounts that Tinierme let users have as well as plain letting them break most rules that sites wouldn't allow. From there on, they kinda made their own rules, treating each case as they wanted.
And I'm not too sure that they were very good at following the root of stolen items, because users who were gifted a stolen items were banned. They were probably banned because Tinierme couldn't figure out if it was a mule or a real account. <-- Me speculating.

REASON (7)
For the longest time, Gachas were cheaper on the English version than the Japanese. But the English version was slowly catching up. By the time they did, users were outraged by the prices, seeing that it would cost them up to $17 for like five items. Most people either boycotted all gachas or quit the site altogether. This also completely messed up the already messed up system they had for trading. I'm not sure if Tinierme was trying to give us freedom for the prices or were just too lazy and believed they didn't need to do it since they were still in beta mode.

Feral Warrior

actually it was as simple as the complete gacha ban to shut TM down.
however those are valid reasons of why i left the site more than 3 weeks after i joined tho
everything expensive

Cupcakechan's Husband

Tipsy Pirate

16,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'm glad the site is dead. I got banned because I un subscribed from their news letter. The ******** is that about?

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
MURKR0W
however those are valid reasons of why i left the site more than 3 weeks after i joined tho
everything expensive

Well at first it really wasn't.
It was like 50 cents an item.
For the longest time in the beginning, there wasn't even any Gachas.
It was just Selfy shop items.
It wasn't until around the middle of the 2nd to 3rd year that prices started getting higher with the new addition of "Premium Items." Which they were about 100 G-Coins a play, which equals a dollar. And they made all sorts of events that gave away free tickets that you could use to play Gacha's with that you could use on that one as well. In fact, using a ticket on that gacha gave you rarer recolor'd items.

Toast Ninja
I'm glad the site is dead. I got banned because I un subscribed from their news letter. The ******** is that about?

Noo idea dude. Honestly, there were so many unfair bannings, that people even created sites based on people who wanted to complain about their bans. I'm not sure if those sites are still in creation, but if they are, I'm sure they're celebrating.
One of the most popular ones was a blog created by a real butt hurt member, who had spend quite a lot of money on the site, I could find the link if you wanted to. I believe some members went even as far as to sue the site.
I decided one day to test to see how easy it was to get banned. It was hard. I never ever got banned either and I made sure to break every rule they had. I gotta say, that the mods weren't very active and they mostly just put out whatever punishment they believed was right. I don't think they really had any set punishments set up. Plus, I think they go easier the more money you spend. I mean I sunk a good 500 dollars in that site. (Which I do later regret.)

Cupcakechan's Husband

Tipsy Pirate

16,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Pikkchu

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
i'd be curious to read that blog lol.

I didn't go that much into it. I just made it an occasional stomping ground for trolling with spam account.

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Toast Ninja
Pikkchu

Hahaha. That's kinda Tinierme in a nutshell. Trolls and 14 year old girls all in a mix.
I'll try to see if it's still in creation. I just liked reading it because they had a lot of behind the scenes info. Most of it was just butthurt rantings. But every once in a while there was something interesting. I think that, that blog was also another reason why the Nameless Society in Tinierme became more popular. Because no one really gave a crap anymore. Along with all the masked members.

Party Partier

Isn't it kind of like Gaia is laughing at the site by making a hottopics thread for a rival avatar sites death?

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Zelirium
Isn't it kind of like Gaia is laughing at the site by making a hottopics thread for a rival avatar sites death?

Probably. I would be too. I mean, it's new members and all. emotion_c8
I'm sure Gaia is just loving the new (slight) influx of members from that site.
But I'm really not sure how many members (Like me) actually stayed with the site from the very beginning to the very end and had to find a new pixel based dress up game to kill time with again.
I mean I was so into that site that I spent 500 dollars or more and was there for every event. I even still spent money on their over priced gachas when others were boycotting it. Why? Because I have a job and Tinierme was a fun hobby to waste some money on.

Party Partier

Pikkchu
Probably. I would be too. I mean, it's new members and all. emotion_c8
I'm sure Gaia is just loving the new (slight) influx of members from that site.
But I'm really not sure how many members (Like me) actually stayed with the site from the very beginning to the very end and had to find a new pixel based dress up game to kill time with again.
I mean I was so into that site that I spent 500 dollars or more and was there for every event. I even still spent money on their over priced gachas when others were boycotting it. Why? Because I have a job and Tinierme was a fun hobby to waste some money on.

I made an account once but I never delved into it like that..
But I know how you feel about it, I'm kind of like that for gaia. If I had a better paying job I'd probably spend a lot more on it.. But even without actual money you can buy the stuff you can get with cash in the marketplace* for pixel gold. It just takes longer
I would especially spend on the RIG items because I adore playing my hand in luck, and after the RIG is over they sell for incredible amounts of gold on the mp unopened..

*Edit

Friendly Noob

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Zelirium

I made an account once but I never delved into it like that..
But I know how you feel about it, I'm kind of like that for gaia. If I had a better paying job I'd probably spend a lot more on it.. But even without actual money you can buy the stuff you can get with cash in the marketplace.
I would especially spend on the RIG items because I adore playing my hand in luck, and after the RIG is over they sell for incredible amounts of gold on the mp unopened..

Yeah. I kinda like the chance that came with it. It was also pretty fun to know that user couldn't just buy an item, they had to win it.
But I agree haha, I just wish that Tinierme had a better trading system than just "Member made Price Checks."
Items values were just all over the place. It made trading really hard and plan just annoying. Gaia actually has a user made "established" value. One that isn't based on whether a user loves an item or not.
I actually tried out this month's Chance items and I really didn't get anything good, I was wayy luckier on Tinierme, hahaha.

Party Partier

Pikkchu

Yeah. I kinda like the chance that came with it. It was also pretty fun to know that user couldn't just buy an item, they had to win it.
But I agree haha, I just wish that Tinierme had a better trading system than just "Member made Price Checks."
Items values were just all over the place. It made trading really hard and plan just annoying. Gaia actually has a user made "established" value. One that isn't based on whether a user loves an item or not.
I actually tried out this month's Chance items and I really didn't get anything good, I was wayy luckier on Tinierme, hahaha.

Yeah the chances of getting a good item are pretty slim which is irritating but I understand that it's gaia's way of getting the people that buy them to buy MORE of them, until they get what they either wanted or they get something good.

Hardened Member

50,925 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
Quote:
REASON (2)
Tinierme has been promoting illegal gambling. Users that are about under the age of 14 were using money to try to win items. And on top of that, G-coins only lasted up to a year. When users found out the stuff they had payed for had disappeared, most were very unhappy. The Roulette was probably the worst of them all.

Doesn't Gaia promote gambling too? They have slots and blackjack with their virtual currency.

Not only that, they also have random item generators (RIG) for real cash. You pay and you may or may not get an expensive item or just complete trash.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I think all of those reasons have some merit, but I believe what started TM's downfall was the major price hike near the end. I mean, membership and gacha spinning was still fairly prevalent before it happened. There were rumors that perhaps they jacked up the prices because they knew they were about to go under, so they thought they'd get a last few loyal GC users who would be willing to throw them the last of their funds, but who knows. I doubt there is any one reason or one that's more "correct", I guess.

Feral Warrior

Pikkchu
MURKR0W
everything expensive

Well at first it really wasn't.
It was like 50 cents an item.
For the longest time in the beginning, there wasn't even any Gachas.
It was just Selfy shop items.
It wasn't until around the middle of the 2nd to 3rd year that prices started getting higher with the new addition of "Premium Items." Which they were about 100 G-Coins a play, which equals a dollar. And they made all sorts of events that gave away free tickets that you could use to play Gacha's with that you could use on that one as well. In fact, using a ticket on that gacha gave you rarer recolor'd items.

Toast Ninja

Noo idea dude. Honestly, there were so many unfair bannings, that people even created sites based on people who wanted to complain about their bans. I'm not sure if those sites are still in creation, but if they are, I'm sure they're celebrating.
One of the most popular ones was a blog created by a real butt hurt member, who had spend quite a lot of money on the site, I could find the link if you wanted to. I believe some members went even as far as to sue the site.
I decided one day to test to see how easy it was to get banned. It was hard. I never ever got banned either and I made sure to break every rule they had. I gotta say, that the mods weren't very active and they mostly just put out whatever punishment they believed was right. I don't think they really had any set punishments set up. Plus, I think they go easier the more money you spend. I mean I sunk a good 500 dollars in that site. (Which I do later regret.)
you could get b& from unsuscribing from their newsletter? was is das?! gonk

It sounds like the site wasnt really run on a steady ground....

Feral Warrior

[_Legato_]
Quote:
REASON (2)

Doesn't Gaia promote gambling too? They have slots and blackjack with their virtual currency.

Not only that, they also have random item generators (RIG) for real cash. You pay and you may or may not get an expensive item or just complete trash.
slots and blackjack are run by token that can be bought with gold, which is a free currency. And you get many free tokens from DC (they clog up my inventory i swear) So yes while there is gambling games ON here, they don't require you to pay necessarily....

Rigs sometimes have really cool boobie prizes...
to each his own really

speaking i wish people wouldnt sell their mysterious passengers that they get from rigs, back to gaia, and just sell them to me.., emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff