Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello! Hi! How are you? How is your pet cat? It's been a long time since we've talked to each other. It was hard how to learn to speak cat, but we did it. We did it an we learned many things from your pet cat. Many facts. Haha. Facts are important. Ok? Hello. Yes!

April first is a very important day in the history of Gaia! It is the day that Gaia was once taken over by cats. It is also the day that Vice President Diedrich was born! Did you know Diedrich turns seven years old this year? It's true! He is becoming a big boy now! And what do big boys get to do for their birthdays? Invite all their friends over for an awesome slumber party of course!

Happy Birthday, Diedrich! We love you!

We have a lot of fun stuff to do, so you better get your party on! They call it a slumber party, but I don't think people do much sleeping!

Diedrich's Birthday Slumberparty will be open March 31st-April 4th! Please enjoy the event while you can!

User Image
Diedrich's got his Carl Kigurumi on and he is ready to party!

Man, the eyes glow.

That's kind of creepy.

Diedrich needs some help babysitting his stupid babies during his party. Do your part!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

🛏️Follow TOS
🛏️Don't be a butt.
🛏️Do not quote the first page.
🛏️Read and follow directions for each contest carefully before entering. Failure to do so may end up disqualifying your entry.
🛏️If you bring any medications into the D-Party, please make sure they are in child-proof bottles.
🛏️Double check all pinatas for grunnies before you swing at it. Sometimes they crawl inside and eat the candy. Nobody wants bloody candy.
🛏️SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: RADIATION FROM GRUNNIES MAY CAUSE CANCER.
🛏️Have Fun!

🛏️Don't forget to wish Bara Diedrich a happy birthday as well!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

"Just who is this amazing Diedrich person?" you may be asking yourself. Well, you shouldn't be! How do you not know?! Have you been residing underneath a solid aggregate of one or more minerals or mineraloids? Did you know that "mineraloids" is actually a legitimate word? I didn't, and apparently spell check doesn't either, but geology says otherwise, so it must be true! Anyways, I forgot where I was going with this, so don't worry about what you may or may not live under! The D-Party has got you covered.

Diedrich is a Gaia NPC who first appeared on April 1st, 2010. He was found in the urn of the late Johnny Gambino, a crazy rich guy who had been recently murdered. He was also the man responsible for the mutant green bunnies, also known as grunnies, of which the new character seemed to resemble. Given this information and his name, many Gaians began to speculate that Diedrich was Gambino reincarnated, until they remembered that it was April's Fools and this was probably a joke meant to pull their legs.

But Diedrich is no joke! I mean, he is pretty funny, but he's also his own character with a long running history and (amazing) fanbase. Unlike normal grunnies, Diedrich is a bright green color, walks up right, and thirsts for knowledge rather than literal brains. He's well known for sprouting random, sometimes questionable facts and saying good-bye an unnecessary amount of times despite never actually leaving (because he loves us so much).

He's been involved in many site events throughout the years, most notably various Easter events, where he often clashes with the Easter Bunny. (It's more of a one-sided clash on EB's part, since all Diedrich wants is to have a good time and be friends.)

After eating too many Easter eggs and pies, Diedrich gained a bit of weight and from the excess fat spawned his children, little carbon copies of himself in a rainbow of colors. Though many were turned into soup or eaten by Lanzer's cat, thousands of his dumb babies still roam Gaia today.

In 2012, Diedrich nominated himself for President. This came as a surprise, since Gaia had never had a ruling body before, let alone a president. But someone had to put the anarchy to an end, and Diedrich was the only one to step up to the plate! Well, him and some copy cat named Friedrich. The two held a debate, and naturally Diedrich emerged victorious. He won the election in a landslide and became Gaia's first and best ever Commander in Chief.

After four years of leadership, Diedrich was set to be re-elected in 2016 until a literal trash can was nominated at the very last minute to run against him. The trash can was able to buy its way into winning the election via gold sink, and Diedrich was unfortunately demoted to Vice-President as a result. On the bright side, seeing as President Trash Can is an inanimate object full of garbage, Diedrich is still more or less in charge.

If you would like to learn more in depth about Diedrich and/or show your support, check out the D-Party Thread in the GCD!

The D-Party is a political party/fan club for Diedrich! Created and lead by user Hassli, we've been supporting Diedrich since 2013 and have hosted many user run events in his honor.

Last year's election was a bit of a blow, but we still stand behind Diedrich as we always have! Rest assured, we will be campaigning for him again in 2020, but until then, we will continue to do what we do best: party!

Interested in becoming an official D-Party member? Besides visiting our fan thread, you can also join the D-Party Guild to stay up to date on all things Diedrich, as well as help plan future events, vote on contest entries, win prizes and raffles, and be a part of our Birthday Club! Everyone and anyone is welcome to come join the fun!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

We want everyone to have a good time, so we've come up with a few contests to enter in honor of Diedrich! It's his big day and he wants everyone to have a nice time while they are here! Please won't you enter a few contests?

We're so happy all our friends could make it out to Diedrich's Birthday Slumber Party! One problem, in all the rush to plan the party we forgot one crucial element: THE CAKE! Diedrich is going to throw a massive fit if he doesn't get any cake! That's where you come in! Please design us the perfect cake for Diedrich's Birthday Party! The best ones will get prizes, but Diedrich will make sure to have a slice from every cake.

🌙 Design your own original cake decorations using this cake template:
Transparent:

White Background:
(Diedrich will only take a three tiered cake. Don't ask us why!)
🌙You can do this by either printing out the template and coloring it in traditionally, or by creating digital art! The choice is yours!
🌙Once your masterpiece is complete, please upload your image to an image hosting website such as imgur or tinypic
🌙Head over to this thread to fill out the form and enter!
🌙One entry per person, so make it count!

First Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image I Dream In Color, User Image Just Shhh, and User Image Kitty Kigu Me Softly

Second Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image Comfortably Catnip, User Image Restful Reverie, and User Image Kitty Kigu Me Softly

Third Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image A Punk’s Crack, User Image Let Me Sleep Comfortably, and User Image Kitty Kigu Me Softly

First:
Alli~Monae II
Username: Alli~Monae II
Entry:
User Image
Why did you choose this design?
For the bottom tier, I chose to create white cake with a fondant molding in the shape of Diedrich's pie/easter egg-stuffed body giving birth to his less-than-intelligent offspring to celebrate our love for Diedrich in all his shapes and sizes.

The second tier is a chocolate cake shaped and molded into a pie with an outer layer of fondant. The pie tin is made of real, RECYCLED trash can. Please do not eat this part. This pie-cake is a nod to Diedrich's valiant efforts in Pie Hard and a subtle hint to his supreme rule over Gaia.

The third and final tier is a traditional strawberry cake, complete with buttercream frosting. Diedrich deserves only the best. This cake is complete with a recreation of the birthday boy himself, molded from rice krispy treat with a fondant moulding on the outside. A sugar crown completes the look.

Additional Thoughts: Happy Birthday Diedrich! #ForeverMyPresident

Second:
DlCKS4Harambe
Username: DlCKS4Harambe
Entry: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Also, url http://tinypic.com/r/r1ar8k/9

Why did you choose this design? I wanted the cake to scream Diedrich, and what better says that than a giant fondant Diedrich perching on the front of the cake, extending to all the tiers, in all his glittery fondant glory. The cake itself is a vanilla frosting cake, with mass amounts of sprinkles and rainbow chocolate beans, lined with vanilla frosting, topped with 14 candles (and a large '7' candle on top).

Additional Thoughts: Glitter and sprinkles wahmbulance
Third:
l_RavenPandorah_l
Username: l_RavenPandorah_l
Entry: User Image
Why did you choose this design? cause I wanted it full of cute, fluffy, green, sexiness!
Additional Thoughts: I should of added a taco.

Did you know that a judge ruled just last year that the Happy Birthday song was no longer under copyright? The Diedrich legal team doesn't want to take any chances. Please write a new song for us to sing on Diedrich's big day that won't get us into legal trouble! It doesn't have to be flashy, but it does have to have special birthday significance for Diedrich on his special day!

🌙Write your own original birthday song to celebrate Diedrich's special day!
🌙It can be funny or serious!
🌙Feel free to include the tune or a recording if you like, but it's not necessary to win!
🌙Head over to this thread and fill out the form!
🌙One entry per person, so make it count!

First Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image I Dream In Color, User Image Just Shhh, and User Image Bear Kigu Me Softly

Second Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image Comfortably Catnip, User Image Restful Reverie, and User Image Bear Kigu Me Softly

Third Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image A Punk’s Crack, User Image Let Me Sleep Comfortably, and User Image Bear Kigu Me Softly

First:
Purplesnoopy
Username: purplesnoopy
Song: Oh yes, it’s Deidrich’s birthday! You know that that’s a fact!
(It’s true!)
Our pal is green and fuzzy, his brain is totally whacked.
(That's right!)
So here’s to you, our verdant friend, and all your children too!
Breeloo leeloo leeloo leeloo looly lobberhoo!

How will Diedrich respond to such a song? He will hyper-actively bounce with joy, dancing- slightly insulted joy, but joy, especially since the song has a part for him as you see.
Additional Thoughts: This was made on the spur of the moment in a fit of silliness. i may sing it for you.

Second:
Empty Box of Care
Username: Empty Box of Care
Song: (Sung to Merry Christmas, up to 38 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB8K1T9DJVk)

We.... Wish you a merry birthday!
We bought you this flower bouquet,
But they're all made of clay!
Wasn't that a fun joke?

Our gift is a horse in heat,
Old socks does he like to eat,
His antlers are very elite!
pfft? what?! That's not Carl...

We may suck at gifts,
But listen to this:
We wish you a merry birthday...

But we forgot the tune!

How will Diedrich respond to such a song? I imagine he would be insulted, but it's just a fun birthday prank that he'll hopefully find amusing.
Additional Thoughts: That horse is not Carl... And it definitely is a horse! Horses have antlers... Right?

Third:
Artistz
Username: (Artistz)
Song: Make a wish, it's your birthday
Make a wish, it's your birthday slumber party
Make a wish, it's your birthday
you gotta grove to the music, you cute green thing
sleep all day and dance all night
Let's celebrate your birthday slumber party!

How will Diedrich respond to such a song? he will be dancing in his sleep
Additional Thoughts: think of all the green things possible while you sing this

I don't know if you know this or not, but you're supposed to wear pajamas at a pajama party. I know! It threw me for a loop too! But that's what you do! Now is your chance to show off those fancy silk nighties!

🌙Create a human avatar that you might see at Diedrich's Pajama Birthday Party!
🌙Make sure you save your avatar and upload it to an image hosting website. That way, you can change your avatar if you want!
🌙 Think up a brief explanation for how your avatar interacts at the party!
🌙Head over to this thread to enter
🌙One entry per person.

First Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image I Dream In Color, User Image Just Shhh, and User Image Squirrel Kigu Me Softly

Second Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image Comfortably Catnip, User Image Restful Reverie, and User Image Squirrel Kigu Me Softly

Third Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image A Punk’s Crack, User Image Let Me Sleep Comfortably, and User Image Squirrel Kigu Me Softly

First:
Hypothecate
Username: Hypothecate
Entry:
How does this avatar enjoy the slumberparty?
Being woken up the next morning by all of Diedrich's little cousins!
Additional Thoughts:
Pretty rough morning at first, but being
woken up to a bunch of smiles and giggles always makes up
for the lack of hours of sleep.
User Image

Second:
Demure Crystal
Demure Crystal
User Image
She's kind of the quiet type that just wants to pet the tiny Grunnies ^w^
Sleeping comfy is a must xD

Third:
Cat Dee Bo
Username: Cat Dee Bo
Entry:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How does this avatar enjoy the slumberparty? This girl dances it up and gets everyone moving to have a great time before promptly passing out from so much exercise!
Additional Thoughts: they're shown listening to Draft Punks 'Face to Face'.

Diedrich wouldn't want to leave his animal friends out of the fun! Diedrich is a paw himself! Now is your chance to show off your paw-shion sense in this pawjama pawty avatar contest!

🌙Create an animal avatar that you might see at Diedrich's Pajama Birthday Party!
🌙Make sure you save your avatar and upload it to an image hosting website. That way, you can change your avatar if you want!
🌙 Think up a brief explanation for how your avatar interacts at the party!
🌙Head over to this thread to enter
🌙One entry per person.

First Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image [Animal] Noxious Skunk Funk, User Image [Animal] Party Popper, and User Image [Animal] Let Me Sleep Peacefully

Second Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image [Animal] Sour Beach, User Image [Animal] Party Popper, and User Image [Animal] Let Me Sleep Peacefully

Third Place:
User Image [KINDRED] Diedrich, User Image [Animal] Timid Swift Shocker, User Image [Animal] Party Popper, and User Image [Animal] Let Me Sleep Peacefully

First:
Sidhe Devil
Username: Sidhe Devil
Entry: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How does this avatar enjoy the slumberparty? Eating all the cake and drinking all the coffee so Diedrich can enjoy more cake!
Additional Thoughts: Did you know that Diedrich can eat three times bara's bodyweight in birthday cake?

Second:
Luna Lightfoot
Username: Luna Lightfoot
Entry:
User Image
I Dream of Diedrich
How does this avatar enjoy the slumberparty? New to the slumber party scene, my avatar thinks slumber parties are really about slumbering! They check out early, and spend the night dreaming sweet Diedrich dreams User Image
Additional Thoughts: Did you know that I am going to win?

Third:
Cheap Whine
Username: Cheap Whine
Entry: User Image
How does this avatar enjoy the slumberparty? with lots of cake! is basically in a sugar coma by the end of the night but that's ok because she has a banana to sleep in.
Additional Thoughts: it is unknown whether she's crying over the abundance of cake or Bara Diedrich's a**

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

What is a great birthday party without some fun games to play?

Here at the D-Party, we believe in time wasters, and that's what we have here! Good, clean time wasters!

Good luck!

Diedrich has a lot of energy, but he's also only seven years old. Sometimes he gets tuckered out and has to take power naps during the party. He will pass out anywhere. Maybe he ate too much cake? Or the pillow fights tire him out too much? Who knows?!

My point is sometimes Diedrich is asleep.

And what do loyal D-Party members do when their party leader is asleep?

They write all over his face of course! Hee hee.

This is a Quote Game. That means during the event you look around for a post by me in the thread with the below picture of Diedrich sleeping. The first person to quote the image wins a prize. It's very simple. The prizes will be something good from our inventory worth a minimum of 500,000,000 g! Good luck!

If you would like to add your own drawings to Diedrich's face, we would be happy to feature them in the game! If you are interested you can use the clean face image above and add your own doodles! We will reward you with something silly from our inventory!

Diedrich's Face-Doodle Library

The original by Nick_austin90

By Mint Radio

By yummycupcakessparkles

By bns_jck

Diedrich has really been obsessed with the idea of having a pillow fight at his birthday party. He's decided to make everyone who attends participate! The whole party is likely to be attacked with a pillow at any time! ITS EVERY GRUNNY FOR HIMSELF OUT THERE! If you want to pick up a pillow for yourself, you could get some nice rewards for any good throws you can make!

💤Roll 20 20-sided dice as a post action in this thread.
💤If you get a number total of 150 or smaller, you may PM me with a link to your winning post.
💤Choose one prize below to keep.
💤Please note that there are two prize tiers. If you get less than 100, you qualify for a better prize.
💤 Please try to chat with the people in the thread instead of just posting mindlessly. It's fine if there is no one else online, but if there are people hanging out, you should try to talk to us! We're nice! I promise!
💤 Once the items run out, the game is over! If we run out of "Less than 150" prize items, you will need to get less than 100 to win.
💤 Prizes are first come, first served, so don't be upset if another person wins the item you want before you can claim it. If it's late at night, it might be a good suggestion to claim a back up item!

This is our first time trying prize tiers in a dice game. If you have comments or questions about the game at the end of the event, feel free to send them to our guild leader, Hassli.

Choose one that has not already been claimed. Please note that there are two prize levels.

If Less than 150...
ALL 150 LEVEL PRIZES HAVE BEEN WON

User Image Natural Style Won by KikiArt
User Image Cirrus Business won by LoveOfTricks
User Image Cirrus Business won by Tiffany-Tees
User Image Bubbly Cirrus Business won by red apple university
User Image Bubbly Cirrus Business won by Aliraluna
User Image Fluffy Cirrus Business won by Elzi
User Image Fluffy Cirrus Business won by I am Darpie
User Image Fluffy Cirrus Business won by Anony-Mouse
User Image CMYK Cirrus Business won by rose9212
User Image CMYK Cirrus Business won by keiko silverfall
User Image Sloppy Beddy Bye Won by MagicalGrill
User Image Soft Beddy Byewon by Hikaru Kurimu
User Image Soft Beddy Byewon by Madame Jay
User Image Soft Beddy Bye won by fairyblueness
User Image Soft Beddy Bye won by Anony-Mouse
User Image Soft Beddy Bye won by Babiusa
User Image Somber Beddy Bye won by shadowxslicer
User Image Somber Beddy Bye won by Rheypunzel
User Image Under the Stars won by SugoiBaras
User Image Under the Stars won by Gaylord Chicken
User Image Under the Friendly Stars won by o_snowwolf_o
User Image Under the Friendly Stars won by PetrifiedKitten

If Less than 100 120 130 140
(as of 4/3/17 at 11:00 PM EST. If you rolled it before this date, it does not count)...

User Image Madelyne Kayt won by TalkSickWaist
User Image Sleepy Sherbert Etoile won by My Names Not James
User Image Sleepy Etoile won by TalkSickWaist
User Image Lured By Stars won by allyson1
User Image Lured By Stars won by chainapprentice
User Image I Dream In Color won by GBENZ

All prizes have been won! Thanks for playing!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

We are going to have an awesome flashspace meetup for Diedrich's Birthday!

Check out our Friend Space during the event to hang out and chat!

The password is DiedrichBDay

We will have special party times staffed by the crew where you could earn prizes for showing up and participating in the party! Please check back for more information! We hope to see you there!

MONDAY, APRIL 3rd
9:00 PM EST (check your time zone)
PARTY THEME: D-PARTY RAVE
Prizes will eb awarded to awesome avatars
We will also try to play a game or two

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Link to us
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.102039807/][IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/307w4cm.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.102039807/][IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/20k94bo.png[/IMG][/url]

Other D-Party approved links:

User Image

Link to our friends
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Just wanted to take a quick moment to thank the people who made this event possible! You're awesome!

The D-Party is very lucky to have so many talented artists willing to donate art to help decorate our threads! Thank you so much for being so giving and talented!

Nikko Roseus
Arynaria
Isac Rae
Vazladel
Nick_austin90
mascarun
Pluma Exile
Kason-sama

Without awesome members of the D-Party coming together to plan this event every year, it just would not happen! I want to thank the hard working and hard partying ladies and gentlemen of the D-Party for helping to make this event awesome!

Kuroshix
an81angel
Inuyasha_roxs_08
hip as heck
BatChic
Bri The Meerkat
Zana Bonanza
net9
GreenInkling
Luna Lightfoot
ElfBoyRichk18xchan
Arynaria
dgradient
skirtzthemusicfreak
-l-H a t t e r-l-
enchanter45

The Gaia staff was very helpful with our event, and we want to thank them for taking the time to help us bring this party to more people!

User Image

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Basically open! Official opening tomorrow, but this is close enough! Happy Birthday, Diedrich!

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Hassli rolled 20 20-sided dice: 5, 6, 19, 11, 4, 20, 15, 10, 13, 15, 20, 8, 1, 3, 7, 4, 10, 19, 11, 4 Total: 205 (20-400)

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I will give it a try!

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100