Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Poster

LiaThistle

So...aside from the 1 white mana cost, and I suppose enchantment vs artifact, what's different? Same ability, same CMC, and 90% same tutors and affecting spells and abilities.

Or would you prefer if I called it "French reprint," after their "French Vanilla" creature categorization? stare

Prefer you use the correct term since it is not a Functional reprint

Dedcadent Pants

m00tz
LiaThistle

So...aside from the 1 white mana cost, and I suppose enchantment vs artifact, what's different? Same ability, same CMC, and 90% same tutors and affecting spells and abilities.

Or would you prefer if I called it "French reprint," after their "French Vanilla" creature categorization? stare

Prefer you use the correct term since it is not a Functional reprint

It does the same thing for the same cost. Functionally, it is identical.

Now, are you gonna contribute anything to the FtV speculation, or just keep harassing me because the term I use isn't to your liking?

Blessed Poster

LiaThistle

That is not what a functional reprint is, I'm sorry you don't like how the term is defined.

Dedcadent Pants

m00tz
LiaThistle

That is not what a functional reprint is, I'm sorry you don't like how the term is defined.

That's nice. Now, angels?

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
m00tz
LiaThistle

If you're going to make up terms, at least let us know what they are.

It is a functional reprint (as far as I know) because the text is exactly the same, though the card is redefined. Now if this was a case of Fork vs Twincast, I could understand.

Blessed Poster

Liquidor

It is a functional reprint (as far as I know) because the text is exactly the same, though the card is redefined. Now if this was a case of Fork vs Twincast, I could understand.

The fact you think "functional reprint" is a term I made up, already proves you not very informed.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
So, Mootz, are you here just to nit-pick people's wording in a forum post? You're not exactly staying on-topic.

Do you have any prediction on which angels/cards they're going to include in this box set?

Dedcadent Pants

Liquidor
m00tz
LiaThistle

It isn't officially a term, but it's extrapolated very easily from the reserved list's description:
"Reserved cards will never be printed again in a functionally identical form. A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness."

The only thing off about the two cards I mentioned was card type (enchantment vs. artifact) and exact mana cost (CMC is identical).

And in here, MaRo classifies it as tweak "#3) Change in card type – An instant becomes a sorcery," which is not a reprint by his definitions.

I still feel, that in this particular case, it's pretty close to irrelevant. The cards that distinguish between the two types aren't used in competitive capacity, and hardly used even in non-competitive EDH.

All that above is pretty well off topic, so...any updates on what angels are going to be in? I, as can be expected, haven't been paying attention and am watching other card games that have stuff in the near future.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
LiaThistle
All that above is pretty well off topic, so...any updates on what angels are going to be in? I, as can be expected, haven't been paying attention and am watching other card games that have stuff in the near future.

Thats the thing about FTV sets. They are announced and then quickly put aside until Mid-July / Early August as GenCon approaches.
Not sure who is going to be in the set aside from an Avacyn and hopefully a Gisela, Blade Of Goldnight, but some of them should provide a decent addition to my in-progress Mardu EDH deck. ^^

Dedcadent Pants

ChiefDimir
Not sure who is going to be in the set aside from an Avacyn and hopefully a Gisela, Blade Of Goldnight, but some of them should provide a decent addition to my in-progress Mardu EDH deck. ^^

I suspect Razia or Red Akroma would be in as the token red card, as both of them were more significant in the block and in terms of development.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Alternate art for Razia would be mighty pleasing to Zedd. I'd rather not see Red Akroma brought back yet again. They could go for Firemane Angel perhaps, its revival effect was always pretty cool.

Dedcadent Pants

Zeddicuus
Alternate art for Razia would be mighty pleasing to Zedd. I'd rather not see Red Akroma brought back yet again. They could go for Firemane Angel perhaps, its revival effect was always pretty cool.

True, they could print Firemane again, and Firemane was incredibly significant for it's block.

Know what other red angel we've forgotten? Lightning Angel.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lightning Angel was a beast when she was in Standard. Both times.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
That would be a good one too! About the only other red one I can think of is Firemane Avenger or Basandra. There never has been a ton of options for Angels in Red or Green.

on a side note, Iridescent Angel or Guiding Spirit (errata'd to Angel) could be interesting to see again too. Though I'd still like to see the ones I listed previously with new art.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff