Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
So WotC announced the next FTV set today. It's Angels and I was wondering what 15 cards you thought would be in it or you want to see in it.

I really hope it doesn't just turn into From the Vault: Avacyn Restored. But it's going to need a few cards from there to give it value.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Offhand I would say

1. Serra Angel
2. Baneslayer Angel
3. Serra Avenger
4. Akroma, Angel of Wrath
5. Sword of Vengeance
6. Moonsilver Spear
7. Angelic Destiny
8. Luminarch Ascension
9. Decree of Justice
10. Entreat the Angels
11. Avacyn, Angel of Hope
12. Desolation Angel
13. Exalted Angel
14. Fallen Angel
15. Radiant, Archangel
16. Restoration Angel
17. Selenia, Dark Angel
18. Kaalia of the Vast
19. Blinding Angel
20. Angel of Despair

I know thats 20 cards for a set thats been announced to only have 15 but those would be my top picks.

Dedcadent Pants

Liquidor
Offhand I would say

1. Serra Angel
2. Baneslayer Angel
3. Serra Avenger
4. Akroma, Angel of Wrath
5. Luminarch Ascension
6. Decree of Justice
7. Entreat the Angels
8. Avacyn, Angel of Hope
9. Desolation Angel
10. Exalted Angel
11. Fallen Angel
12. Radiant, Archangel
13. Restoration Angel
14. Selenia, Dark Angel
15. Angel of Despair

I altered your list to reflect what I don't think is going to appear.

That makes me curious as to which angel you think the image is for. Haunted Angel comes to mind for me, but at the same time, it doesn't quite fit.

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Selenia won't be one of the 15. Selenia is on the reserved list, but otherwise you guys pretty much have what I think it'll be.

Dedcadent Pants

IntrinsicallyAwesome
Selenia won't be one of the 15. Selenia is on the reserved list, but otherwise you guys pretty much have what I think it'll be.

She is? That's stupid, she's never been that good. Ah well.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
LiaThistle
That makes me curious as to which angel you think the image is for. Haunted Angel comes to mind for me, but at the same time, it doesn't quite fit.

Lets not forget that #15 is usually a preview card for the next set.
LiaThistle
IntrinsicallyAwesome

Welcome to the Reserve List where half the cards make sense and the other half just don't.

For reference: http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=magic/products/reprintpolicy

Dedcadent Pants

Liquidor
LiaThistle

Lets not forget that #15 is usually a preview card for the next set.
LiaThistle
IntrinsicallyAwesome

Welcome to the Reserve List where half the cards make sense and the other half just don't.

For reference: ]http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=magic/products/reprintpolicy

Have the cards been previews recently? I thought that had been shifted to the duel decks.

Yes, I remember the List's stupidity. And hey, there's a functional reprint of one of the cards (Damping Field) in Kamigawa block.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Oh sweet merciful Serra, YES! Some alternate art makes this a nearly definite must for me!

I'm going to assume they'll include cards that capture the flavour of angels, not necessarily the expensive ones (pretty sure they'll include 2 pricey ones though to increase it's appeal).

So many to choose from too! It's almost a guarantee Serra Angel will make it as she was the first. I'm hoping they use the Rebecca Guay oversized art for Serra Angel.

Legendary Angels I figure they'll use will be Avacyn, Angel of Hope (Defending your permanents), Reya Dawnbringer (Creature resurrection), and maybe Jenara to show the righteous aggression they can have as well as the ally colours they associate with most.

As to a list of possibilities, I see a lot I'd love to see in here with alternate art.

Either way, I'm planning to buy this unless the price gets stupidly over-inflated.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Was unaware of the Rebecca Guay art for Serra Angel. Did hear of an alternate art that was never released for the Asian markets. I'd be satisified with either that or original Douglas Shuler art.

Honestly I don't expect this release to be super inflated like previous ones. Might settle between like $50 to $75 since Angel collectors are a big majority of actual collectors. Unless they do an early reveal that is super powerful.

Dedcadent Pants

Liquidor
Zeddicuus

I agree with Liq's assessment; angel collectors are plentiful, but they tend to be in the casual crowd. Aside from the occasional super-powered angel (Serra, Exalted, Akroma 1, Baneslayer), angels tend to be on the financial cheap and mana expensive side.

I'm also thinking now that they're going to include one of the Powerpuff girls. No idea why.

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
LiaThistle

I think it's either Twilight Shepherd or Adarkar Valkyrie.

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I'm just hoping for Avacyn, Angel of Hope with new super awesome art.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
There are three alternate angel art released exclusively in China that I am aware of:

Start Lit Angel (not the commonly seen one from portal but another one), Arch Angel (promo card with Gotta magazine from like 15 years ago or so) and the 10th anniversary JingHe art token (7 different ones in total that I am aware of).

Seeing those used would be awesome, as getting an original alternate star lit angel can push over $400 or more, way more. The Gotta promo cost me about $25 after shipping and I am still attempting to find the JingHe token at a decent price. The full set of tokens was seen going for over $120.

So alternate art I'd love to see:

Serra Angel's art by Rebecca Guay
The Starlit Angel
Gotta Magazine's Archangel
Baneslayer
Linvala (I like her original art, but something new would make this set super sweet)
Fallen Angel
Razia
Sunblast Angel
Serra Avenger
Admonition Angel

There's a few more I could list but I don't want this to stretch too far...

Blessed Poster

LiaThistle

Have the cards been previews recently? I thought that had been shifted to the duel decks.

Yes, I remember the List's stupidity. And hey, there's a functional reprint of one of the cards (Damping Field) in Kamigawa block.

That is not a "Functional reprint"

Dedcadent Pants

m00tz
LiaThistle

That is not a "Functional reprint"

So...aside from the 1 white mana cost, and I suppose enchantment vs artifact, what's different? Same ability, same CMC, and 90% same tutors and affecting spells and abilities.

Or would you prefer if I called it "French reprint," after their "French Vanilla" creature categorization? stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff