9- one more troubled soul 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 2 ]
10- Hello Taemii 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]
This poll closed on September 14, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Devout Lunatic

Hi all!!!

I'm wanting to remak my quest thread and turn it into a quest and charity thread, 50% of all donations go into a charity fund mule and is given out to random questers and noobies. So I decided to hold a contest for a layout. I normally make my own graphix but decided to branch out a bit.

Here's what is needed-

1 Big Banner- A Nightmare-ish Quest & Charity
1 or more Bullet button that matches the layout(can be used mutiple times)- example: User Image
8-9 Header Banners- Rules, Quest, Charity Fund, Past Quests, Donations, Contests, Links, Reserved
7 Subject Banners- Announcements, Donations, RNG, Bump, Popular, Out, In, Open
2-3 Buttons- one small, one medium(at least!) for links in

I have no real color scheme right now but NO pure pink frilly sh!t(pink can be used to accentuate a bit up not a whole lot)

Here are the prizes for winners and runner ups!!!
(What you all really want to know)

1st Prize- 2.5Mil -- Chika Croi & Ms Sharra
2nd Prize- 1.25Mil -- Mizz Chopper
3rd Prize- 625K -- poisonality
4th Prize- 375K -- Hello Taemii
5th Prize- 250K -- BabyKagomeGirl

Peopl'es Choice!!!
You may win one of these prizes even if you won one of the main prizes!

People's Choice- Dark Halo -- Forlorn Toaster
People's Choice Runner Up- Astra-44: Crimson Faetek Wings -- Hello Taemii

I do believe that those are fair prizes and should motivate you all to make me want YOUR layout in my thread.
(If there are a lot of enteries I will add up to 5 more prizes!!!)

Rules

Entries MUST be delivered by no latter than Sept 11. Winners will be announced on Sept 13.

-Must use entry form in next post!!!
-Must post the Layout IN A THREAD. This is so I can see what it will look like.
-Must have the basics I out lined above(you can add more if you think it would help your layout stand out more.
- Must have link to thread layout in aplicaio. (I gotta see it to decide who is the winner.)
-Do NOT PM me an entry. That is what this thread is for
-You can enter more than one layout, BUT you can only win one prize.(So if you had the second best but you also had the forth best you only get the second prize. Sorry that's just the way it works.
-If you are interested then post in this thread!(Gotta get it noticed somehow...)

Check out this link -V- for reference to the old layout/thread.
User Image

Link to thread that you are making layout for -V-

A Nightmare-ish Quest & Charity

Devout Lunatic

Enrty Form!!!

[align=center]
[size=24][color=darkblue] Hey Facade!!! [/color][/size]
Name:
Link: (for thread layout)
A little about yourself:
A little about your layout: (how you came up with it)[/align]

Devout Lunatic

Share the contest!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[align=center][URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.87673891][img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9834/sifw.png[/img]
[/URL][/align]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.87673891][img]http://imageshack.com/a/img43/7407/8kb.gif[/img][/url][/align]

Here's some Affiliates!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..x.User Image.x.User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..x.User Image.x.User Image.x.User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..x.User Image.x.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image.x.User Image.x.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Devout Lunatic

Entries

1- BabyKagomeGirl
Link: BKG Entry
A little about yourself: My style of graphics carry a strong fragrance of simplicity. ^^;
A little about your layout: When I think of the word "nightmare," I think of something a bit dark and grungy like so that's what I based the layout on. As for the color scheme, I used your previous layout color. Also, red and black is the best combo for a dark style. Then again, red and black are my favorite colors so I could be biased on that opinion. xD I hope you like it - even a little!

2- Zionaga- Voluntary Withdraw- Still in line for Thread Placement but out of winning gold!
Link: kcuf sa ypeerc gnieb evol i
A little about yourself: My name is zionaga and I have this creepy fetish for making L shaped layouts.
A little about your layout: Well when I think of nightmares I don't think about the dreams where you walk around school or work naked. Oh no. I think of masked serial killers, talking ravens, skulls, and gothic elements when I think of nightmares. So I just channeled all my serial killer and gothic feels into making this.

3-poisonality
Link: hola x
A little about yourself: Hi i'm poisonality aka serr and i've been making graphics here on gaia since '08
A little about your layout: I didn't want to use red/black bc it's common so I added a few other colors. When you think of nightmares, you think of creepy things. My layout is kinda abstract // channeling my inner illuminati...and i'm not good at explaining things at all?

4- givenchi
Link: clickies!
A little about yourself: Hi, my name's Zam and I've a graphics designer since 2009. The avatar lies, also, and I'm a guy.
A little about your layout: When you say nightmares, I didn't want gruesome, but moreso horrifying. I wanted something to portray something scary, but also something that contained a little bit of the "-ish"; because it is only majorly nightmare-like, the other part is imaginative. ^ w^

5- Chika Croi & Ms Sharra
Link: Click!
A little about CROI: I'm 21 and I've been on Gaia for...I don't know...I was like twelve. Or thirteen. It's been a while, alright? I'm no good at graphics (I don't have the software for it anyways), but I've been coding and making layouts for years now and I enjoy doing it. I tektek for free and I have like a bajillion dream avis. I'm also chill like a turtle and anti-social like a hermit. Figure that one out.
A little about SHARRA: Hello! My name is Sharra and I've been on Gaia for about five years. I've been making graphics for about six months. As for me, well, I'm an adopted 17 year old who enjoys throwing up rainbows and rocking your socks off. I too tektek for free and I also have a bajillion dream avis. And that's pretty much all you need to know.
A little about your layout: We wanted to go for creepy and nightmare-ish, but we didn't want it to be your typical scary/gory nightmare stuff (we also wanted to stay away from red and black since it's typically so over done for this kind of theme). So instead we went for a vintage/classy nightmare look that was still dark-ish. Hopefully it worked. xD

6- Forlorn Toaster
Link: CLICKY HERE
A little about yourself: I am... old, at least I think I am anyway. I have been on Gaia since the early. Been roleplaying for about seven years, but I only really got into coding and creating layouts a couple of years ago. I am an active college student with a full time job and I love creating things from scratch to bring something more to what would otherwise be lines of text. So Yeah...
A little about your layout: I really didn't know how I wanted to start this at first. I was really lost and there were all sorts of things that I wanted to do that never came into fruition even though they really could have had I not chucked some ideas out from the get go. I wanted to keep it along the lines of "this is someone having a nightmare". So I was hoping that it would get that point across and then I kept up that same nightmare image in the rest of the graphics that followed. The coding at the bottom is probably what took the longest in each post. Even though it is the same lines of text over and over again, it was still a pain to get to what it is now.

7- Mizz Chopper
Link: TEDDY NUMNUMS
A little about yourself: I've been doing graphics for years now. I really enjoy it because I love using my imagination . In which cause me not to have a type of style. I like to surprise myself, and everyone with something new !
A little about your layout: Like I said love doing something new. And this new layout happen too be about night mares, so I made it as chaotic as possible with a hint of illusion because nightmares are still dreams.

8- snowman secret meeting
Link: this thingy thang
A little about yourself: Hello! I'm snowman, and I'm totally supposed to be doing my AP work and not going on Gaia all the time. u v u"
A little about your layout: Nightmares? Probably skulls, crows/ravens, hands on windows, chains, freaky mirrors and frames. Ooh, and definitely chaos and disorder; I like things being organized, so if I were in a big giant mess of who knows what, I'd definitely hate it.. but, you know, there's beauty in nightmares and disorder, I think. im lame

9- one more troubled soul
Link: contest entry
A little about yourself: well, i've been on gaia for about six years now, and i've been doing coding in the forms for layout and such since then. i love to code, and do graphics, but i'm stronger with coding.... i want to be a web designer once i'm out of college, too.
A little about your layout: i really wanted to use reds and blacks, and well, when i found a nice eery stock picture, i messed with it till i came up with the design. when i think of nightmares, i think of torture of the mind, which is why the skull is in there, as well. i try to go for a modernistic look for the graphics, then back up the graphics with simple coding to help them shine through.

10- Hello Taemii
Link: the thing
A little about yourself: I've been on Gaia for 4-5 years. Making graphics for like 1-3 years. I used to have one of those super cluttered avatars everyydayy, but my avatars aren't that cluttered anymore. ouo wellithink idk.
A little about your layout: Well, it has lots of pink in it. LOL. Sorry for that. I tried really hard to make it have dark themes, and hopefully I got some in there. The texture kept making any black brushes turn to dark red so I just used brown instead. I put in a skull, and splatters since that's what I normally think of nightmare I guess? Just dark/scary things.

Devout Lunatic

Devout Lunatic

Devout Lunatic

Devout Lunatic

Devout Lunatic

anyone interested???

Devout Lunatic

I'm very interested! When does it end?

Devout Lunatic

BabyKagomeGirl

i'm not too sure. i want to get at least 10 entries but i also don't want it to take more than a month.

Devout Lunatic

Facade of Emotions
BabyKagomeGirl

i'm not too sure. i want to get at least 10 entries but i also don't want it to take more than a month.

Oh okay. Can I still enter then?

Devout Lunatic

BabyKagomeGirl
Facade of Emotions
BabyKagomeGirl

Oh okay. Can I still enter then?

yes. so far you're the only one who has even shown an interest. but i'm working hard to advertise so hopefully i'll get more people to enter too!(the more people the more the prizes go up!!!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff