Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

The gods once walked the earth, living their lives as life ought to be lived: in a balance between peace and conflict, love and hate, chaos and order. Many a time did the gods come into conflict with each other, but only once has a god died. Seth (Set), the storm god, God of Chaos, was jealous of his brother Osiris, and so killed him. Twice. Once Osiris returned from the dead, and Seth killed him again, tearing him apart and scattering the pieces of his body across the land. Isis, Osiris's wife, gathered up her husband's pieces and sewed them together so that he might be given a proper burial. Osiris was buried and given a new sort of life as the Lord of the Otherworld.

Now, millennia later, Osiris has disappeared, and a series of strange deaths have begun happening, scattered through places quite unrelated to each other. The locations of these deaths are unrelated, but nearly everything else about them has been identical. And all the victims match Osiris's description almost perfectly.

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Rules:
-Follow Gaia TOS
-No godmodding (Yes, some characters are gods, but that doesn't make them invincible or omnipotent)
-I try to give my fellow roleplayers the respect that I expect to get from them, which is as much as possible
-If you have problems or questions, come to me. If I can't resolve the issue, I may take it up with our guild captain.
-Send all character profiles to me, titled "The God's Return" for the role of an Egyptian god or "In It to Win It" for a human role
-This is a literate RP. I can understand if you've got writer's block--it happens to us all--but I don't want to see one-liners every post. Try to at least post a paragraph per post.
-Also, post as often as you can. If you can't post every day, that's fine, just try to post.
-All persons playing a god must also take a human role. No one can play a follower of themselves. Except Osiris. It makes no sense for the person playing Osiris to be playing another role looking for himself.

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Characters

(The gods in the first post are not the only ones who can be played. They are just the main ones in the story. You are allowed to take a different Egyptian god if you wish. Just discuss it with me first, please.)

Gods:
Isis - SKBCTayuyaFluteofDeath
Osiris - Psychoholic Slag
Anubis - Leprechaun Sean
Set - XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX
Horus - Davey Word Hunter

Humans:
Austin Sirius - Psychoholic Slag
Cecilia Hales - Minnta Aloripma
Monica and Polly Joyce - Psychoholic Slag
Maria Harlow - Leprechaun Sean
Dr. Daniel Jackson - DrAshFjorde
Casidhe O'Neil or just Cass ]Casidhe O'Neal - XxXDeadlyxShadowsXxX
Zed Karlburg - Davey Word Hunter

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Profile Skeletons

For Gods
Name:
Age: [color=goldenrod][b]Apparent:[/b][/color] [color=white]X[/color] [color=goldenrod][b]True:[/b][/color]
Physical Appearance: (link to image)
Personality:
Powers: (Must be in relation to what you are the god of, and nobody--not even Anubis or Osiris--can raise the dead. Also, taking human or your respective animal form doesn't count since all the gods can do that.)
Brief History: (This is optional. I prefer you put one that gives the basics of your character, but you don't have to make a bio.)

For Humans:
Name:
Personality:
Alignment: (which god will you follow)
Abilities: (These are not powers. More like physical abilities that make your character something slightly more like your god than normal humans.)
Weapons:
Brief History:

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
For those of you wishing to play human roles involved in the search for Osiris, here is a list of who each of the main gods are likely to enlist to help them. Also, none of the human characters know they are being watched by their patron god or goddess until that god/goddess contacts them.

Ra:
Detectives, police, other do-gooders

Anubis:
Mercenaries, assassins, judges

Isis:
Mothers who have lost children, widows, maidens, artisans/artists, aristocrats

Horus:
Military, hunters

Set:
Insane people, the killer

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
User Image

It had happened again. Seated on the golden throne in her celestial palace, Isis listened as Anubis reported to her the latest in a series of murders. The goddess sighed and waved the funerary god away, not trying to appear rude but achieving it nonetheless. Anubis nodded respectfully and left the audience chamber. Isis heaved another sigh and conjured up an image of Osiris, her missing husband, in his human form. Osiris had disappeared five months ago by godly standards; a little over twenty-five years by human standards. The first of the murders had happened on an Autumn evening. On a night the mortals called Halloween. A night where children and adults alike would go about in costume, putting on the pretense of being something they were not. The young man’s remains had been found in a haunted house and at first presumed part of the festivities. That is, until someone recognized the corpse’s face. Since that night, there had been many more murders, and always the victim was torn apart. Reduced to the smallest components of himself. The head was the only part ever left intact. And every victim was nearly identical to Osiris. With some effort, Isis wrenched herself from such grim and gruesome recollections and left her golden throne to walk about in the gardens. She wished these endless murders would end and her brother-husband would return, but neither seemed likely to happen any time soon. Isis was beginning to despair of ever seeing Osiris again alive.

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anubis stood quietly in a dim corridor. The only light coming from light torches. On the wall were ancient hieroglyphs telling tales of yore. Anubis had read the stories many time over and knew them all by heart. The jackal headed god breathed a sigh before turning around. His ears barely twitched as he picked the sound of talking and the smell of fear. "Another wayward soul, come for judgement." Anubis muttered slightly annoyed. "While I do enjoy the company, mortals the days are dying much too frequently." Then, a skittish looking person appeared in Anubis' eyesight. For a moment, the god mistook the soul for someone else..again. The jackal headed was beginning to notice a pattern the souls that were coming in. A lot of them were looking very much like Osiris in his human form. Another lookalike? When will this end? Anubis looked down at the mortal soul who was shivering with fear. "Come with me, mortal." Anubis instructed as he showed his back and began to walk down the corridor. The soul asked where he was and the god replied. "The waiting room." Anubis said dryly. The god wasn't one percent correct, but if these murders continued, it most certainly would become a waiting for dead souls awaiting judgment. Without Osiris, Anubis couldn't do anything. For the time being, Anubis simply kept the soul calm with a puzzle that intrigued no matter who. I must get in contact with some of my associates after this. The jackal headed god began formulating a plan. Osiris needed to be located, and with Anubis stuck guiding souls, he had little choice but outsource to some of his followers.

Dangerous Storyteller

Cecilia quietly stares out the window of a small cafe, the waitress giving her annoyed looks since she had been there for an hour and had yet to order anything. She glances at her phone and sighs, the man who had contacted her for a job was a no show. Muttering to herself, she leaves the cafe.

Heroic Shapeshifter

19,250 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Survivor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Being an intern was nothing like Austin had expected. He had to work long hours, there was very little pay and only a glimmer of hope for advancement. Luckily for him, he didn't much care, the mere fact that he was working in a major pharmaceutics company that dealt mainly with natural cures was the only thing that truly mattered. He didn't like seeing people die, not ever. He looked up at the clock, seeing that it was nearly 1700 CST and began preparing to go home. Reaching down into his pocket, Austin removed his cell phone and immediately started dialing his best friend, waiting for her to pick up the phone.

Dangerous Storyteller

The vibration of her phone makes the assassin jump slightly. Checking who's calling, she answers in her usual playful and cheery manner, "And to what do I owe the pleasure of you calling me, Austin~?"

Heroic Shapeshifter

19,250 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Survivor 150
"What? Are you kidding me? Did you forget our plans already? We just made them the other day. Ha ha ha... We were supposed to go get dinner tonight!" Austin had finally made it to the parking garage that was connected to the facility, and it didn't take him long to locate his car.

Dangerous Storyteller

There's a slight pause before Cecilia answers with a slightly nervous laugh, "Of course I didn't forget~!" This of course meant that she had forgotten. She stops by her motorcycle and starts getting ready to ride while staying on the phone. "I, uh... May have forgotten details though..."

Heroic Shapeshifter

19,250 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Survivor 150
Austin had a good laugh at this. "Meet me downtown in fifteen minutes, we're going to The Mint." He had just arrived at his car and was waiting for the response before turning his car on, to do otherwise would be rude.

Dangerous Storyteller

"See you in fifteen minutes then!", Cecilia responds before hanging up and starting up her motorcycle. She zips off towards the meeting place, weaving almost dangerously though traffic. Perhaps it was a good thing her would be employer hadn't shown up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff