Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
What I want to know is this contest open for everyone? I mean not just US citzens, I looked and it doesn't say. neutral

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
Miserable pile of secrets
i had no trouble reading the announcement and understanding that no matter if you login 50 times that day you will only receive 1 entry and if you have 50 mules you will still only receive 1 entry.

maybe they go by IP address? would suck for anyone who accesses gaia on a public network (library, mcdonalds, etc) or families with members that have their own accounts.

but that is just a guess anyway unless a staff member would like to clarify

"you will only receive one entry per day per account"

one entry per account, so if you log into 50 mules, you get one entry per account.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
KittenGrey
i had no trouble reading the announcement and understanding that no matter if you login 50 times that day you will only receive 1 entry and if you have 50 mules you will still only receive 1 entry.

maybe they go by IP address? would suck for anyone who accesses gaia on a public network (library, mcdonalds, etc) or families with members that have their own accounts.

but that is just a guess anyway unless a staff member would like to clarify

"you will only receive one entry per day per account"

one entry per account, so if you log into 50 mules, you get one entry per account.

perhaps they think no one actually has 50-100 or more mules? they are sorely mistaken emotion_dowant
brb creating 101 mules and renaming this account to Cruella de Vil (so i can say they are valid rp accounts)

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
ScarredRavens
What I want to know is this contest open for everyone? I mean not just US citzens, I looked and it doesn't say. neutral

Heya! I just posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here since it answers your question:

The Wii contest is open to all Gaians regardless of where they live as long as their country allows them to enter such contests. That said, the one drawback might be that since the Wii is a North American model, it might not work regionally for users who don't live here if they have no way of adapting it to their area.

Still, if you don't want the Wii, you could also opt for the $150 worth of Gaia cash which is being offered as a substitute for the console in case a winner doesn't want the Wii.

Hope this answers your question!
Sisky

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Heya! I just posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here since it answers your question:

The Wii contest is open to all Gaians regardless of where they live as long as their country allows them to enter such contests. That said, the one drawback might be that since the Wii is a North American model, it might not work regionally for users who don't live here if they have no way of adapting it to their area.

Still, if you don't want the Wii, you could also opt for the $150 worth of Gaia cash which is being offered as a substitute for the console in case a winner doesn't want the Wii.

Sisky
hi, since you're here i will be able to have an entry for all of my 101 rp mules right?

you know what, actually i will make 299 mules and rename this account to King Leonidas.

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky
Thank you~ <3 heart heart

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
KittenGrey
So, there is a contest based on how many times you log into Gaia for the month of May.
While this seems legit and cool, it's not fair to everyone. Why? The people who have multiple accounts, that's why.
So what happens if someone logs into Gaia everyday on 20 different accounts. How is this fair to the person who only has one account? I'm not saying that the contest is a bad idea, I there should just be a way to prevent people from having an unfair advantage.

Thanks for the thread and the feedback! We're sorry you feel that there may be some unfairness regarding the use of mules in this login contest. Is it possible that a mule could win? Yes. Having said that, however, if one considers the given the number of daily logins, it is not likely that someone would be using so many mules that it would reasonably affect the outcome of a draw in his/her favor. And, keep in mind, that even if it is a mule account, someone is still taking the time to login to Gaia on his/her account.

If you want to login on mules too, you are free to do so! If you don't have a mule, you are free to create one. Many people use mules for a variety of things like gathering event items, getting item grants, etc. and this would be one of those things.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you feel about this as we always appreciate the feedback!

Take care biggrin
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky
hi, since you're here i will be able to have an entry for all of my 101 rp mules right?

you know what, actually i will make 299 mules and rename this account to King Leonidas.

Yep, if you want to take the time to login on your 101 RP mules, you are free to do so. And if you *do* change your name to King Leonidas and make 299 mules, let me know - I'll give you my Spartan spear item. Just don't kick me into a deep and bottomless well though, ok? XD

Take care ^^
Sisky

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
KittenGrey
so...The thread gets disliked because I'm trying to point out that things aren't fair?

I don't see how it is unfair. It is pretty easy to make a mule. We all can make them.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
siskataya
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky

Yep, if you want to take the time to login on your 101 RP mules, you are free to do so. And if you *do* change your name to King Leonidas and make 299 mules, let me know - I'll give you my Spartan spear item. Just don't kick me into a deep and bottomless well though, ok? XD

Take care ^^
Sisky

THIS IS MADNESS!
but thanks for clarifying. unfortunately most if not all my mules have dead emails and reactivating them or finding new ones (as well as creating new mules with new emails) is just too much of a pain in the a**...since it said it has to have a good working email. not like i'd actually win anyway dramallama
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky
What about opting for the 2nd or 3rd place price instead emotion_awesome
It seems kind of backwards that the 1st place prize is 15mil (if you avg 10k = 1mil), while 2nd place is 700mil, and 3rd is 160mil. xd

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Miles To Go
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky
It seems kind of backwards that the 1st place prize is 15mil (if you avg 10k = 1mil), while 2nd place is 700mil, and 3rd is 160mil. xd

Not everyone is in it for the gold investment, you know.
Dorian_Archer
Miles To Go
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky

Not everyone is in it for the gold investment, you know.

No, I know. But heirarchly 1st place is supposed to be better than 2nd/3rd. And the alt prize of site currency (GC) is lower than the 2nd & 3rd prizes of site currency (item value). :c

I already have a wii, so if I win, I would feel I'm being punished for already having a wii. P:

I know I'm not gonna win emotion_awesome But the person who does could just as easily end up in the same scenario.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Miles To Go
siskataya
ScarredRavens

Sisky

LOL! Never even thought about that XD Oh well, maybe next time! For now, I guess I will wish everyone well with winning whatever level of prize they want! Though now I am imagining a whole bunch of Gaians crossing their fingers and thinking "Come on third prize.... come on!!!" xd

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
OP, I downvoted because you pointed out a problem without offering a solution. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff