Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Everyone!

The new Towns is close to release, but first, we wish to test out the new Rally that is also built in 3D running Unity.

You can now access the new Rally open beta through the following URL

https://www.gaiaonline.com/rally3d

Please note that the game is still rather large, at around 90MB, so please be patient while it load for the first time.

The overall engine is still very unpolished, so do expect a lot of small bugs and glitches.

If you have any comments, bug reports, or feedback, please let us know!

peetar's Princess

Invisible Tycoon

Sweet! Cool to see you guys doing your thing. Thanks for all the hard work!

Distinct Citizen

13,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Hey, think you can do something with the yellow lights at the 24/7? It's really distracting and takes the whole screen, such a bright yellow too, can be distracting. Otherwise, loving it so far. Also, is there a sit button? The space function for the jumps are also broken, only lets you do it for a few seconds then after you stop, can't do it again, have to refresh.

Edit: Never mind just found out you have to close chat to use it continuously, for jumping. Loving the experience so far.

Angelic Pr3tty's Partner In Crime

Heart Player

YOOO!!! It's amazing, thank you so much for doing all of this!

No wonder it took so long - You've added so many goodies, and the map is GIGANTIC. Not just rally, definitely much more than that. I'm getting hints of the old MTV Map with things like the pool area. 3nodding

Do you plan on more goodies like the Superman 64 rings mini game and secret areas? My first thoughts exploring were things like, say, the Sewer gates on the ground being access to hidden shortcut tunnels wink

One thing is my ring mini game left one ring somewhere inaccessible by an invisible wall, so I think I need to replay to get all 5, boo. Also a glitch that causes a old chat bubble to linger and not properly disappear.

Is there a way to see someones username? I was with people I recognized, but if I didn't know their avatars by heart I have no idea who anyone is. Only the names in chat or on a chat bubble. We could possibly do like Zomg and allow us to hover our mouse over someone to see their name?

PS is there a way to up the Running speed like old towns?

Perhaps once you're ready for the big Ol' stampede, you can try announce it via one of the Site announcements. I know people dont often look on the front page or staff alerts sadly.

Can we have an option to turn off specific assets like the npc avatars? It will make screenshots more nicer with friends

Also, about dailies -'perhaps you can have hidden treasure chests or whatever around that swap locations each day with items or plat to find!

Also, is there a day night cycle? 12341234 👀 Scratch this, just found out the N button is for the Day/night toggle. So COOL! Thank you!

There also seems to be the same few users/avatars I see walking around the garage area since this morning, houuurs ago. They don't chat. Are these just ghost avatars to fill space like npcs? It's a little odd if it is, they can't be differentiated from real npcs and makes me wonder if I could have spoken with them at first.

The build mode is interesting - I wasn't sure if this was a remnant from a dev editing option or what, but people are playing with it anyway. It's pretty fun - A strange assortment of items to spawn, but I've seen people make stuff like little houses. Is there a spawn limit to stop any bad actors from overwhelming the engine or whatever? Perhaps we can have some oldschool physics items back like the footballs from Towns?

There is some issues with broken textures - Some seem to be overlapping and clipping over each other causing some flashing, but there's some that still need their transparency too.

ofc, its stlil early days, so im assuming most of these are known issues 3nodding

User Image

There also seems to be a 3D model character left in you might want to toggle off;
User Image

MariachiLoki's Queen

Edgiest Vampire

38,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I noticed when chat is up the jump option is unavailable. Is there going to be an option to get inside the buildings? also I would love to option to sit at the sushi bar!

O.G. Gaian

1: Make it to where the camera is truly dynamic, not sitting on a 360 degree angle around your avi. I found my camera colliding with background assets constantly

2: My avi walks backwards, be great to see the engine keep your avi face in a logical direction, but I think this relates to the dynamic camera angle as mentioned above.

3: No usernames are odd.

4: I like the backdrops you did with the shops, but, what if the avis being featured were similar to in room, being a flat poster in the door is really strange.

All in all, its a beta, the camera thing would be the coolest thing to fix now. Maybe make the camera controllable on mouse drag? That feature does exist in the unity engine.

Distinct Citizen

13,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Villain
1: Make it to where the camera is truly dynamic, not sitting on a 360 degree angle around your avi. I found my camera colliding with background assets constantly

2: My avi walks backwards, be great to see the engine keep your avi face in a logical direction, but I think this relates to the dynamic camera angle as mentioned above.

3: No usernames are odd.

4: I like the backdrops you did with the shops, but, what if the avis being featured were similar to in room, being a flat poster in the door is really strange.

All in all, its a beta, the camera thing would be the coolest thing to fix now. Maybe make the camera controllable on mouse drag? That feature does exist in the unity engine.
You can move camera around using right click.

Fluffy Vampire

User Image i actually dislike that its 3d, it makes my stomach hurt lol

Last's Fangirl

Beloved Vampire

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ lunefall is typing ... ₎

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

how do i make it less... graphically laggy?

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

╰─▸ ❝ @lunefall has
. . . . logged off

Original Prophet

Good job Senpai!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

No matter what anyone says, remember you delivered! Stay savage 🍻📈

People saying it’s buggy. I don’t have access to my pc, but the pictures look refreshing. In my experience, users always resist change, but adapt. The key is to not make new content too juvenile and grindy. Users don’t like that. Good job. 🍺

Muscular Streaker

My account seems to have gotten bugged. I was able to access it last night and explored a bit, but now I can't log into it anymore.

I keep getting an error message: "Connection was lost; reason is: unknown".

I tried on different browsers and even different PCs, tried several basic troubleshooting like clearing the cache and switching DNS, and I'm still getting the same issue. I tested on an old account and the same problem happened: I was able to get in once, refreshed, and now that account also can't get back in anymore.

Tipsy Prophet

Arcor
My account seems to have gotten bugged. I was able to access it last night and explored a bit, but now I can't log into it anymore.

I keep getting an error message: "Connection was lost; reason is: unknown".

Im in the same boat but it wont let me in at all

Hygienic Friend

Rally 3d is nice, honestly better than I expected it to be, CB just likes to complain.

Lady PhiIomena's Darling

Devoted Champion

11,425 Points
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Member 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Would be nice if the chat feature was more like old towns and rally. A little cumbersome to have to click to open a whole new window to type. Minor complaint, but one that would be nice to see addressed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff