Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

So once upon a time in the recent past you deliberately went out of your way and made yourselves clear that with Alchemy you could not change the formula requirements for anything because users had already begun to use the feature and complete the formulas to level up. Recently there was a thread here in SF stating that the Formula 3: Sundae's Treat used a limited edition '05 Easter holiday item the Bunny Tail and demanded that be removed. Now, instead of a Bunny Tail sits the requirement of one Bento Bunny, an item that is still limited in nature and even more expensive than the last.

Seriously, do not tell us one thing, do the exact opposite, and expect us to take everything like it is all full of rainbows and bunnies and cotton candy. You just proved, AGAIN, you can change something even though others might have dove into it already.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Actually, a few recipes already have had different paths towards the same goal. The Golden Magical Giftbox, for example. I believe there's 3 different ways to make one.

I actually like that they're doing this. The quantities are still a bit much, and the use of Cash items and even items leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I like that I have different options if one path is particularly daunting to me.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Bleeding Apocalypse
Actually, a few recipes already have had different paths towards the same goal. The Golden Magical Giftbox, for example. I believe there's 3 different ways to make one.

I actually like that they're doing this. The quantities are still a bit much, and the use of Cash items and even items leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I like that I have different options if one path is particularly daunting to me.

I am not talking about paths. I am talking about literal changes to what was there. Magus brought it up in the Alchemy forum [http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-item-alchemy/when-did-formula-requirements-start-to-change/t.76018373/]here.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Opera Phantomess
Bleeding Apocalypse

I am not talking about paths. I am talking about literal changes to what was there. Magus brought it up in the Alchemy forum here.

Your link brought me back to this exact thread...

So you mean to say that there was ONE set path for a specific item, and instead of making alternate paths in addition to the original, the original path was changed entirely?

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Bleeding Apocalypse
Opera Phantomess
Bleeding Apocalypse

I am not talking about paths. I am talking about literal changes to what was there. Magus brought it up in the Alchemy forum here.

Your link brought me back to this exact thread...

So you mean to say that there was ONE set path for a specific item, and instead of making alternate paths in addition to the original, the original path was changed entirely?

Whoops. Link fixed. XD Sorry about that.

Yes. Platonix even confirmed it in that thread. It is a replacement for the Bunny Tail.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Opera Phantomess

Yes. Platonix even confirmed it in that thread. It is a replacement for the Bunny Tail.

Well, I sure hope that was an accident. Because if it isn't, that's a really messed up thing to do. Besides, the last thing I want is to add more e-worth to anything that has QoD's name on it.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Bleeding Apocalypse
Opera Phantomess

Well, I sure hope that was an accident. Because if it isn't, that's a really messed up thing to do. Besides, the last thing I want is to add more e-worth to anything that has QoD's name on it.

I am still trying to figure out why they would do such a thing even though this is Gaia we are talking about. I agree with you there. I am hoping this thread will help shed more light onto the matter and hopefully raise enough stink that something is done on a much larger scale involving Alchemy.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Bleeding Apocalypse
Opera Phantomess

Maybe they're trying to destroy all mentions of that crazy. sweatdrop

I don't see how a CS item is a better choice than an event item. That's just silly.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
sodium
Maybe they're trying to destroy all mentions of that crazy. sweatdrop

I don't see how a CS item is a better choice than an event item. That's just silly.

Wouldn't that be something!

I don't see how the Cash item is better than the event item, either. They're both limited in number. Only difference is, at least the event item was free.

Sweet Marshmallow

I'm all for Gaia changing Alchemy formulas for the better -- so they make more sense and don't have such batshit insane requirements. You know, fix what's broken about the entire system.

But this? This is utter bullshit. What the hell, Gaia. I don't even know what you're thinking anymore. neutral

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Yeah, I just did some research on this. A claim that could be made is that, since the Bunny Tail was a past event item, it is limited in number and should not be used as a component (never mind the fact that Gaia has not one but two different methods of rereleasing components that get used up now: Cresento's Marketplace vends and BidBlast.)

The Bento Bunny is not a RIG prize, or an item found in a CS Bundle. It was released directly to the Cash Shop by itself. RIGs can grant other Cash Shop items, but there is no record anywhere in the GCD's many RIG lists of anyone getting it in any RIG. And guess what? It was discontinued from the Cash Shop in Late May 2010 and has not been reissued since.

So Gaia swapped an item that is no longer available and has never been rereleased, for an item that is no longer available and has never been rereleased and has an average MP value over 100K higher.

Screw You Gaia.

Divine Muse

There is no gif for a triple facepalm.

I seriously want to trust that they know what they are doing, I really do.

But I can't make sense of this at all. Unless they once again want to make the already limited item into a recipe.

now tell me this doesn't give the impression that the artists (Who created Alchemy) want to pat themselves on the back over how "rare" their items are.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Ya know...

There is this item. Why did they not use it instead of the Event tail or the Bento?

Just had to throw that out there.
I am glad they took out the bunny tail, but I wish they would have stuck in more goldshop bunny related items rather than another even pricier cs shop item...

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I have to say I'm glad that the formula no longer uses an event item. They've argued that they can use cash shop items because they can always throw them back in the cash shop if the supply gets really low (an obvious cash-grab, that, but whatever). Event items, however, are not supposed to be re-released after the event. So I don't think of it as them replacing one limited component for another, more expensive, limited component, I think of it as them replacing a limited component that cannot be re-released with a limited component that can be re-released. It's an improvement, imo.

That being said, yes, there are probably plenty of items that aren't 100k more expensive that they could have chosen.

So I'm glad they changed it, but it probably could have been changed to something better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff