Welcome to Gaia! ::

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Hey Gaia, I'd like to get an update on the kitten perks.

We have been offered things regarding the perks in the past but haven't seen any communication regarding updates and I think its well past time we be given an update.

#1 Dark mode, extra colour themes.
This was mentioned by Admin in Staff notices on Sat Jul 25, 2020
"...We are in the process of building even more new perks! Some things you can look forward to are: larger/unlimited PM inbox space, purple/grey mode (additional color themes for the Forums), exclusive post styles, and more! Existing perks are going to be improved and extended as well..."

I asked Lanzer in AtS about this, and got a reply on Wed Jun 16, 2021
"Let me check on the status on the color themes and see when it should be ready. Sorry for the wait."
This was the reply, still haven't seen any update.

#2 Angel sub using the same system as the perks (I want to buy a year long sub already pls!)
"...We are launching this new engine with the Perks Subscription system and then we can begin to move the Angel Subscription over to it. This will give us the opportunity to expand upon the Angel Subscription system in the future!..."

Did this happen cause I havent seen any changes to what is offered from the angel sub?

#3 Being able to chop and change what perks we receive.
I cant go back through marvins post history to find a link to this, but do have a picture from this thread
User Image

#4 All the other things that we were told about
"...We are in the process of building even more new perks! Some things you can look forward to are: larger/unlimited PM inbox space, purple/grey mode (additional color themes for the Forums), exclusive post styles, and more! Existing perks are going to be improved and extended as well..."
As mentioned by Admin in Staff notices on Sat Aug 01, 2020
"...We have many more perks on the way, such as Additional Color Themes, Exclusive Post Styles, Image Hosting, and more!..."

I understand that there are limitations on how many projects can be worked on at once. However we have not been kept in the loop with the things we have been promised. I just want an update. I want communication.
I am not asking for an exact date when you may not be able to stick to it, but I want to know that the things we were promised havent just been straight up forgotten.

Its been over a year.

Are all these things still happening?
Has there been backend problems causing delays with xyz that still need to be sorted?
Are you waiting till after the summer event ends to give more resources to xyz feature?
How low/high on the priority list are these things?
Will there be another year with no communicated update?

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
sup-qt

"...We have many more perks on the way, such as Additional Color Themes, Exclusive Post Styles, Image Hosting, and more!..."

Hi! emotion_yatta Sharing this information real quick in case anyone didn't know about it yet.

Image hosting was brought up during 8/31's ATS! emotion_yatta

Lanzer
Whiskey-Chan

Features

Any chance we will ever be able to upload photos directly in Gaia for forum posts, rather than using a 3rd party image hosting service? If we just had a general art gallery feature for our profiles that also created the image code for forums, it would be super convenient not only for posting but for showing off our artwork. Would make it easier for people who purchased avi art to find it again if they end up losing it as well.

We actually started an image hosting feature, though it has yet to be completed. A few other projects got in the way and it was stalled but I'll look into completing it to make image posting much easier.
Source: Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021

Lanzer also shared an image of his cat that was uploaded via said feature in this separate ATS post

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Newzpop Reporta Tyro Bong
sup-qt

Hi! emotion_yatta Sharing this information real quick in case anyone didn't know about it yet.

Image hosting was brought up during 8/31's ATS! emotion_yatta

Lanzer
Whiskey-Chan

Features

Any chance we will ever be able to upload photos directly in Gaia for forum posts, rather than using a 3rd party image hosting service? If we just had a general art gallery feature for our profiles that also created the image code for forums, it would be super convenient not only for posting but for showing off our artwork. Would make it easier for people who purchased avi art to find it again if they end up losing it as well.

We actually started an image hosting feature, though it has yet to be completed. A few other projects got in the way and it was stalled but I'll look into completing it to make image posting much easier.
Source: Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021

Lanzer also shared an image of his cat that was uploaded via said feature in this separate ATS post

Hopefully we can get some updates like this for the rest of the stuff too!!
Glad that at least one thing is still being worked on, though I wonder if it will still be part of the perks or something else.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Asked in AtS for an update

Features- Paid Perks

Hi, when will we get an update on the kitten star perks and the features we have been promised but haven't yet received?

I've made a thread in SF regarding it

Things of note:
#2 Angel sub using the same system as the perks (I want to buy a year long sub already pls!)
#4 All the other things that we were told about (which if you've forgotten about, are listed in my thread)

I understand that there are limitations on how many projects can be worked on at once. However we have not been kept in the loop with the things we have been promised.

I just want an update. I want communication.
I am not asking for an exact date when you may not be able to stick to it, but I want to know that the things we were promised havent just been straight up forgotten.

Its been over a year.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I'd like to know more updates too

I don't mind supporting Gaia when I can

but

c'mon some updates would be nice!

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
sup-qt
Asked in AtS for an update

Features- Paid Perks

Hi, when will we get an update on the kitten star perks and the features we have been promised but haven't yet received?

I've made a thread in SF regarding it

Things of note:
#4 All the other things that we were told about (which if you've forgotten about, are listed in my thread)

I understand that there are limitations on how many projects can be worked on at once. However we have not been kept in the loop with the things we have been promised.

I just want an update. I want communication.

Its been over a year.

Lanzer replied here
Lanzer
You're right. Sorry for the long wait in getting these features ready. I'll circle back with the team as they wrap up the event and see what can be added next.

I replied with
Quote:
I appreciate the acknowledgement.

At this point I would love some of the following questions to be answered, so that way we can reset our expectations regarding the features.
Things may have changed from when the features were first announced, and some may be at different stages of development than others, but since we have received no communication we just don't know where things are at.

Are all these things still happening? (see my SF thread if anyone is unsure of what has been promised, I didn't list the all)
Has there been backend problems causing delays with xyz that still need to be sorted?
How low/high on the priority list are these things?
Are any close-ish to completion?
Have any features not had any work started yet?

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I'd sure like an update on this!
We remember those promises, updates are definitely coming after we're done with the event. I'm sorry it is taking longer than anticipated.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
[NPC] Marvin
We remember those promises, updates are definitely coming after we're done with the event. I'm sorry it is taking longer than anticipated.

I will look forward to hearing more info regarding when we can expect updates :>
Happy to hear that they aren't forgotten!

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
.: [ boop ] :.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
Perks was brought up in today's ATS:

Lanzer
rude idea
Perks

Is the development of Perks pretty much dead? I haven't seen it updated since day one. Actually, it initially had the option of imaging hosting as Coming Soon, but was taken off the list at some point. Is that scrapped? I was really excited for that one sad

Sorry the team had been busy working on event games back to back. There had been an image hosting feature in the works and I'll see about having it released soon.

Source: Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Oooh I might sub to the kitten star perks if we could choose which ones we got.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash