Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Tycoon

User Image
It's too tuff kid ............

So if I understand correctly, if I put someone on ignore, its not just on my side but on both side regardless if the other person does not have me on ignore????

Other than that I dont seem to agree with the full blocking to the point that you cant see other peoples post completely or enter there created topics even if you cant post in them. Reason for this is that if I put someone on ignore, chances are it was for one of the reasons that others seem to mention. Now if this person starts to run their mouth and make harassing, ect post about the other person..... Then shouldn't the victim be able to go to such post and report even if the person is already on ignore, Instead of other just telling me about it????

The full blockage is just giving them the freedom of them running there mouth about you, and leaving you no way to report from the account being attacked.

Also, how will this work in the open Market ?????

............ get out while you still can.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Murasakiiro no Inu
Is it possible that you could make it so if you ignore someone and they posted on your profile (Before being ignored) if the message could be hidden from anyone who views the profile?
And the same for a forum thread you posted? Because otherwise we have to unblock them just to delete them, like if they said something particularly hurtful that could affect a friend of yours or something similar...
Why don't you just un-ignore them for 5 minutes and delete their comments on your profile?

You should have reported the nasty posts in your thread and had a mod delete them, if it was not a thread in which you could delete comments yourself.

Aged Giver

about time.

Demonic Lover

Lovely! C: thank you very very much <3

Dangerous Friend

12,300 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
StrawberryZ0mbie
Ash Duke
StrawberryZ0mbie
I dislike that if someone has me on ignore, I can't even LOOK at their posts. That just seems so first grade to me and it seems like it has the possibility of disrupting discussions. If I'm discussing something in a thread and someone who has me on ignore comes in and replies to a person I'm talking to---and that person responds without quoting the person I suddenly can't see because they have me on ignore. It seems like it's going to cause confusions because I'm not going to know who (or what) they're responding to. I'm going to have to log out so I can view all the posts, just so I can follow the thread of the conversation. That seems unnecessarily cumbersome.Overall, I doubt this will affect me much but I've always felt the ignore feature should focus on interaction--not just LOOKING at someone. There are lots of reasons I might want or need to look at the posts of someone who has me on ignore and now, to do that, I have to log out. Annoying.Overall, I suppose it's not too bad and I do think many of these changes have been needed for a long while. But I do dislike the aspect that may impact forum interactions and discussions because that seems like it could be frustrating. 8(

I agree but then they could talk carp about them and they will not know about it but that's the only problem I have w/ it .... and oh the ones who like to abuse things like this too.

I agree that could certainly be a problem. Especially in certain scenarios. People should not have to reply on a friend to tell them they're being openly flamed somewhere on the site. If I know a person has a problem with me and a history of saying inflammatory things about me, I feel I shouldn't be excluded from seeing their posts myself. After all, I'm not ignoring them...they're ignoring ME.To be honest, I'm more concerned about it disrupting discussions and such, though, as most of the forums in which I participate are discussion and debate oriented. D=

I'm just worry if I get on, how do you get off it? B/e I had to deal w/ people who like abuse good things like this before stare

Shy Cutie-Pie

I love this it was really due for an update. Thanks!

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
This is a good update. I like it.

Dangerous Knight

Question, previously when we had someone on ignore, we couldn't see their posts, but we could see them in the "Recent Posts" section while making a new forum post. Is this going to be fixed also?
Don't know if this was asked previously, this thread is really long and I'm not reading the whole thing sweatdrop

Anyway, I think all these changes are great (:

Edit: Oh, another question - I don't know how it is currently, but will they be able to purchase your items from the Marketplace/see your store?

Amateur Millionaire

So I won't be able to read interesting discussions or links from friends, if someone happens to set me to ignore?

I won't be able to follow a debate I was in with other people who haven't ignored me because the thread starter sets me to ignore? I won't even be able to see replies they make? To me?

I won't be able to report someone for flaming or otherwise harassing me if they set me to ignore before doing it?

Pointless and self-defeating. All it will do is encourage both paranoid and rightfully concerned stalking by alt accounts. We should still be able to view the posts and threads if we haven't set the person to ignore ourselves. All the rest sounds great.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
After listening to this thread a while, I have a question.

Would it be at all possible to make the various ignore features optional, with both an account-wide level and a user-specific level? Like...be able to set it where X number of options applies for all people you have on your ignore list, and individually add/subtract for people who need the special things. That way stuff like not being able to see anything from the person would still be available in extreme cases, but more minor variants can be used in appropriate situations.

Or would that just be too much work/not possible at all?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Uncle Kenny

I like this.
Especially the they can't like/dislike your threads.

It should make getting achievements a bit easier.
Is there going to be an increase in the number of users we can ignore?

Because only 500 out of a site with thousands on it, is not always enough.
What with people always making new accounts, as well.

I do like the three day wait period now though, for that issue.
When will we see changes in flash spaces?

Is there a time frame on which Towns 2 will be complete, like a guest-imate?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Specter Flux
So I won't be able to read interesting discussions or links from friends, if someone happens to set me to ignore?

I won't be able to follow a debate I was in with other people who haven't ignored me because the thread starter sets me to ignore? I won't even be able to see replies they make? To me?

I won't be able to report someone for flaming or otherwise harassing me if they set me to ignore before doing it?

Pointless and self-defeating. All it will do is encourage both paranoid and rightfully concerned stalking by alt accounts. We should still be able to view the posts and threads if we haven't set the person to ignore ourselves. All the rest sounds great.

Why would you want to stalk someone that has you on ignore?
>x>

Also you might still be able to see their posts if someone quotes them?

Rainbow Loiterer

Kuro Ryuu Hime
After listening to this thread a while, I have a question.

Would it be at all possible to make the various ignore features optional, with both an account-wide level and a user-specific level? Like...be able to set it where X number of options applies for all people you have on your ignore list, and individually add/subtract for people who need the special things. That way stuff like not being able to see anything from the person would still be available in extreme cases, but more minor variants can be used in appropriate situations.

Or would that just be too much work/not possible at all?

This. ^^

Because even though I doubt I'd have a problem with not being able to see people's replies, this could cause a major problem in threads for things such as discussions when you can't see a reply in the thread. And someone mentioned these new measures, which are pretty great by the way, can potentially cause duplicate threads simply because someone can't see that there was already one in place.

Sex Symbol

14,175 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Will I still be able to see PMs from them if I've had them saved or they are in my Inbox? Some messages some people sent me before I ignored them still hold sentimental value to me. I don't wanna get rid of them.

kishibae's Bae

Thank you~

"You cannot view or enter any of their threads and they cannot see or view any of your threads" is the one I've been thinking about recently.

I do a lot of art streaming in the art freebies, and I ignore certain people because they caused problems, only to have them show up again in later streams and cause problems one more because they could still enter my threads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff